PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III!

BiggSam
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I was looking around on Itunes and came across the playlist for GH3. Whaddo you think:

"3's and 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age[34]
"Avalancha" - Héroes del Silencio[33]
"Barracuda" – Heart[35]
"Black Magic Woman" – Santana[36]
"Cherub Rock" – Smashing Pumpkins[35]
"Closer" - Lacuna Coil[33]
"Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult
"Cult of Personality" – Living Colour[35]
"Even Flow" – Pearl Jam[35]
"Generation Rock" – Revolverheld[33]
"Go That Far" – Bret Michaels Band[27]
"Hier Kommt Alex" - Die Toten Hosen[33]
"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" – Pat Benatar[37]
"I'm in the Band" - The Hellacopters[33]
"In the Belly of a Shark" - Gallows[33]
"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse[35]
"La Grange" – ZZ Top[28]
"Lay Down" – Priestess[35]
"Mauvais Garçon" - NAAST[33]
"The Metal" – Tenacious D[35]
"Minus Celsius" - Backyard Babies[33]
"Miss Murder" – AFI
"Mississippi Queen" – Mountain[34]
"My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer[35]
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden[28]
"One" – Metallica[38]
"Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones [35]
"Paranoid" – Black Sabbath[34]
"Radio Song" - Superbus[33]
"Raining Blood" – Slayer
"Reptilia" – The Strokes[34]
"Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss[35]
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions[29]
"Ruby" - Kaiser Chiefs[33]
"Sabotage" – Beastie Boys[35]
"School's Out" – Alice Cooper[35]
"She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses[39][40]
"She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver[41][35]
"Slow Ride" – Foghat[35]
"Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers[28]
"Talk Dirty to Me" - Poison[27]
"Take This Life" - In Flames[33]
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce[28][42]
"Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses[43][35]
"When You Were Young" – The Killers[44]

I saw Dragonforce and was like "Finally", but they still need AC/DC

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I think GH3 is underwelming, and Neversoft is the last developer I'd pick for a music game... unless when you want to deploy star power, you have to do a kickflip. Then I say go for it.

Anyway, Rock Band (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_%28video_game%29) is where it's at.

BiggSam
08-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I think GH3 is underwelming, and Neversoft is the last developer I'd pick for a music game... unless when you want to deploy star power, you have to do a kickflip. Then I say go for it.
I still think its great...I can't play guitar for crap, so I put it on easy and have fun, Plus...Dragonforce.

Anyway, Rock Band (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_%28video_game%29) is where it's at.

I've heard about that one and it sounds like it'll be great fun.

Ari_86
08-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Guns and roses baby!!! lol i love them im great at guitar hero1 and 2

Light Buster
08-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Guns and roses baby!!! lol i love them im great at guitar hero1 and 2
Then you should be good at Guitar Hero 3 plus you should have finished and got 5 stars on every song on Expert mode. I'm not that good yet. I'm still playing Hard mode trying to 5 star every song. Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and Flames" is extremly diffricult after what I heard. It'll be a great challenge for you.

PanzerJager
08-26-2007, 10:43 PM
i lol @ Die Toten Hosen. since when is there German punk rock in Guitar Hero? not that im complaining or anything.

Never really played this game. is it any good? personally id just rather listen.

Then you should be good at Guitar Hero 3 plus you should have finished and got 5 stars on every song on Expert mode. I'm not that good yet. I'm still playing Hard mode trying to 5 star every song. Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and Flames" is extremly diffricult after what I heard. It'll be a great challenge for you.

Yea, it should be hard because dragonforce's songs are usually fast..

Wolfwood
08-27-2007, 02:34 AM
there are so many great songs on this i simply can't wait for it ^^
Mostly i wanna play one of my favorite songs which is ofcourse Dragonforce- Through the fire and Flames
but after seeing it played on youtube on the hardest setting, it just looks insane O_O;
but i'll still try :P

Rock Band is another game i gotta grab soon, but just how much is it gonna cost for it all?

=[[Wolfwood]]=

The Castle
08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I expected them to put in the song Paranoid.

The Blue Baron
08-27-2007, 12:47 PM
I have low expectations for this game, i really dont think it'll be any different besides a few songs

BiggSam
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Rock Band is another game i gotta grab soon, but just how much is it gonna cost for it all?

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Several online stores have listed bundles (consisting of the game, drum kit, microphone, and guitar) for preorder for $199.99.

I don't like Wiki, but thats the best estimate I found.

Zantetsuken
08-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Ah Guitar Hero. A game where people who are too lazy to pick up a real guitar and act like they're rockers and that knowledge of the instrument is their's and theirs alone.

GH is crap for one reason.

"I'm not good at guitar...but I'm good at Guitar Hero! Hyuckhyuckhyuck!!!"

GH and the guitar are two different things. Don't compare them. Guitar owns GH. Accept and move on.

Tempest Wind
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Ah Guitar Hero. A game where people who are too lazy to pick up a real guitar and act like they're rockers and that knowledge of the instrument is their's and theirs alone.

GH and the guitar are two different things. Don't compare them. Guitar owns GH. Accept and move on.

Actually, im pretty sure thats basic knowledge for ANY person who has played GH...

Regex
08-29-2007, 05:32 PM

For that matter, Halo is crap, because it's not the same as really shooting and killing people.

Gaming isn't about realism. It's about fun. Shut up and move on.

Child_of_Decadence
08-29-2007, 05:45 PM
i can't wait either. i 5 starred most songs on expert in GH2 except for the obvious (Six, CMH, Misirlou, PF, although i did get Institutionalized) and everything but Play With Me on 80's edition. I used to think Rock Band would blow it away but having seen some of the stuff GH3 has gotten i'm now more excited for it. Rock band will still be great (can't wait for drums) but for serious guitar stuff i'll go to GH3.

Kathryn
08-29-2007, 08:53 PM
I think that I'll be looking forward more for Rock Band than GHIII. Although I freakin' love Guitar Hero... You can't compare it with a game that's a whole freakin' band. Excitement ensues. (:

Masali
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM

Dude...

I *LIVE* on the guitar, and even I think Guitar Hero is fun.

image removed - inappropriate language

Ctrl-alt-del gets SOME stuff right. Now go away.

Zantetsuken
08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Dude...

I *LIVE* on the guitar, and even I think Guitar Hero is fun.

image removed - inappropriate language

Ctrl-alt-del gets SOME stuff right. Now go away.

For the rest of your life, if someone ever has a problem with you, that is the reason why.

And Halo does suck just as bad as GH. They are both disgraces to their genres.

If you are obsessed with GH then pick up a guitar, pawn the game and the GH controller, and enjoy feeling accomplished by playing all those GH songs on the real thing. It's a way better feeling.

Masali
08-30-2007, 11:12 PM
If you are obsessed with GH then pick up a guitar, pawn the game and the GH controller, and enjoy feeling accomplished by playing all those GH songs on the real thing. It's a way better feeling.

I have, many times. You're missing the point: You seem to think your opinion is doctrine. It is not. I happen to think guitar hero is a fun game, you do not. Fine. My uncle is an avid hunter and he'll enjoy kicking my butt in the arcade deer hunter which I'm fairly sure does not deliver the same thrill as real hunting. To me, guitar hero is a fun novelty guitar playing game. I don't even really count it as a guitar game, It's just a music game. It's basically Amplitude except you only play the guitar parts. The "holier than thou guitar hero sucks because it's not real guitar blah blah blah" attitude is so immature. Fine, go play real guitar. Be a real guitar hero. But at least, at the end of the day, I can say "Hey, I can five star Beast and the Harlot on Hard. But look, I can play it on real guitar too!" So I can take solace in the fact that:

1. I'm great at guitar
2. I get to enjoy guitar hero as much as the next guy

While you, however, limit yourself. Trashing what most people think is a perfectly fine music game because you have some silly notion that people want to spend years of their life on practice and 1000's of dollars worth of guitars, amps, and pedals when they can just spend a couple hundred on a PS2 and a guitar hero game.

For the rest of your life, if someone ever has a problem with you, that is the reason why.

Yeah, a guitar player who plays guitar hero. Oh how exploitable. I'm surprised the FBI aren't beating down my door, guns drawn, to arrest me for treason. Grow up.

Zantetsuken
08-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah, a guitar player who plays guitar hero. Oh how exploitable. I'm surprised the FBI aren't beating down my door, guns drawn, to arrest me for treason.

This is all I bothered to read.

I agree.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-30-2007, 11:22 PM

And Halo does suck just as bad as GH. They are both disgraces to their genres.

The points, which you have missed, are that Guitar Hero is not a simulation. It doesn’t seek to exactly replicate the guitar playing process. Or even come close. It’s about letting people play a highly stylized version of air guitar that vaguely resembles playing a guitar.

No one beats Guitar Hero on Extreme and wonders when their record deal is coming in the mail, for the same reason no one beats Ace Combat 5 and expects the Air Force to waltz in and hand them the keys to an F-18. It’s a video game, not a murder simulator Jack Thompson.

Zantetsuken
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
No one beats Guitar Hero on Extreme and wonders when their record deal is coming in the mail, for the same reason no one beats Ace Combat 5 and expects the Air Force to waltz in and hand them the keys to an F-18. Itís a video game, not a murder simulator Jack Thompson.

XD Funniest...thing...EVER! XD

Gaarademon
09-18-2007, 08:41 AM
uhhh yeah stop with the arguing its just a game i play both guitar and guitar hero. I play guitar hero because it something fun to do when you have friends over and i play real guitar because its addictive and plus i wanna have talent in something BESIDES video games

p.s. slayer-raining blood....good song and it gonna probally be hard to play in the game

The Wing Man
09-26-2007, 04:26 AM
I allready own guitar hero 2, I have no need to spend the extra cash on 3 when it cost me enough to get 2 and 2 guitars.

Ertai87
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
For that matter, Halo is crap, because it's not the same as really shooting and killing people.

Gaming isn't about realism. It's about fun. Shut up and move on.

I'm calling bullcrap on that. Everybody knows that when you kill people they explode with green blood and everybody walks around with a laser rifle.

Oh, and I like my realistic gaming. That's why I paid $800 for a PS3 on release. Even though it still has no games :S

(for those who think I'm serious, this post is 100% sarcasm. Laugh. Now.)