PDA

View Full Version : Jump Ultimate Stars

The Castle
08-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Funny, did anyone mention this game before?

PanzerJager
08-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I had never herd of it.. I assume that is because it was released in Japan only. I would buy it because it looks like fun but I don't-
- have a DS
- know where to get it
- understand japanese well enought to play (unless it has english options)

oh well..

GGP
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
i have that game, you can use loads of anime character in fights and stuff

its OK, but its not amazing.... (it might be better if i knew what they were saying... but for now i use the english walkthrough of the game to get through it) :P

Rem
08-26-2007, 08:55 PM
How text heavy could a fighting game really be?

GGP
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
yeah, i thought the same thing untill i got it... it has lots of text

The Castle
08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
You guys will love the game once you find a translator for it.

Chris-san
08-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I have Jump Superstars and didn't need a translator, though I did get a lot of help from an FAQ. I've been thinking about picking up Ultimate Stars, but I'm way too lazy to import it. If it plays anything like SS, then sure, I'd like to pick it up some day.

Tenchi Masaki
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I imported this game when it got released and absolutely loved it. Although it bombards you with a good amount of Japanese text there are english FAQs out there to help you navigate the game.

It plays similar to it's predecessor Jump Super Stars BUT Ultimate Stars has online play. No longer do you have to beg your friends to import the game to play against them, you have a pool of gamers ready to take on your home made Koma pages. Of course there are "cheap" and "unbalanced" Komas but every fighting game has a tier set-up displaying the worst characters to the best characters in the game.

The Japanese Players are in it to win it with many cookie cutter builds but it's nice to play a fellow american testing out a theme koma page or just random arse builds. Of course I have those "cheap" decks for when I want to have a better chance at winning but the game is more enjoyable with characters you love playing with because they're just hilarious/awesome.

I recommend you import this game since the going price for it is around 30-40 dollars from the 50 smackers I paid for it back when it was the "hot" thing to get for your DS.

Gigai
09-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Its one of my favorite DS games. It does have a decent amount of text but after reading a walkthrough and playing the game I got used to everything. Deck building is really simple and same goes for unlocking new characters. Evolving koma's is also very simple as well. And the wifi stuff is pretty nice.

Hitsugaya 4 koma is my favorite battle character.