PDA

View Full Version : Original or GX

zap261
08-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Which one do you like best?

I like the original one...GX sucks..

Takatofan1986
08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I only watched one ep of GX... isent the point of YUGIoh!.... Yugi??

AHQ
08-21-2007, 04:59 AM
The orig is good but for me there's too much friendship stuff.I mean every episode they are like oooh you can do it or belive in the heart of the cards.It gets kind of annoying after a few episodes.Atleast in GX there's less of that :D

hokiboshi
08-21-2007, 05:27 AM
The orig is good but for me there's too much friendship stuff.I mean every episode they are like oooh you can do it or belive in the heart of the cards.It gets kind of annoying after a few episodes.Atleast in GX there's less of that :D

well thats a good point

but if i were to compare them id say Original because in GX, the type of cards and their abilities were i think too weak where as in Original, the cards abilities were near impossible to beat

-Ana`ism'
08-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, I really liked the original Yu-Gi-Oh! but I prefer the GX episodes.

QWE
08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
I like orginal cuz of the people in it!

Ultra Dull
08-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Original because GX is a little bit more boring and the animation is a little off, too. Besides they made the characters look a lot younger then they are.

shane the ninja
09-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Ilike the new series of gx cause they add more cards and stuff, as for the guy saying the point of yugioh is YUGI nope sorry to say the point off yugioh is a marketing tool to sell kids more yugioh cards and make Konami more cash than normally

dream magician
09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
The original is the one i prefer.
got my crush on it,and i like the story as well,full of mystery while gx,well,its story is dependent upon the original.

unjustbecky
09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
I like the original the best ^^

Sobriquet
09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
No doubt the original is better than GX.

inOue
09-07-2007, 12:30 AM

yeah.. but i still prefer the original one..:closedeye

Konata Izumi
09-07-2007, 03:37 AM
The original has a much better storyline than GX. It was kind of heart breaking when I saw the ending. ;_;

Kira712
09-08-2007, 02:32 AM
The original, hands down. There's not much to GX (and the character's annoyed me.)

shane the ninja
09-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Basically we all have our faves which we like be it the original serises of yugioh or the gx series they are all based on the same theories, they all use a sub plot to help learn new things and it helps with your maths as well depending if you need to deduct 2400 from 4000 lol . so end the argument now

FLASH-X
09-18-2007, 04:15 PM
for me its the original its better in story line

VardomTheDark
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Original pons.

jhaynine
09-24-2007, 03:48 AM
the original...hehehe...the hair styles are cooler...

hahaha!!!

Gibdo
09-24-2007, 08:19 AM
I definitely prefer the original series, I just wish they didn't make stuff up as they went along in terms of the actual duels.

sophea
09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
The storyline for the original was a lot better. I've only seen a few dubbed episodes of GX and they were pretty bad.

Knightmare
09-24-2007, 08:56 PM
The original was my favorite because I liked the characters better than in GX.

Variados
10-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Basically we all have our faves which we like be it the original serises of yugioh or the gx series they are all based on the same theories, they all use a sub plot to help learn new things and it helps with your maths as well depending if you need to deduct 2400 from 4000 lol . so end the argument now
Tell me about it, I got lost on those numbers. It really makes you pay attention on math.... so you can play quite good the game, even cheat. My brother spent so much money on those cards to end up on the trash can..

The original is the one i prefer.
got my crush on it,and i like the story as well,full of mystery while gx,well,its story is dependent upon the original.
I like Kaiba....he is a good character.

The original has a much better storyline than GX. It was kind of heart breaking when I saw the ending. ;_;

I have to say the same thing, even thought I never finished watching both of them.
I like the characters in the original... and the story was twist after twist, it was good, even though it reminded me of Sailor Moon (But I guess that is my fault, almost every anime reminds me of sailormoon). But I have to say, at the end Yugi or YuGiOh became very predictable and boring, so I stopped watching, and mostly because I forgot what channel was on. And The new version I saw few episodes, the song was quite hyper the call my attention, and also because my brother use to watch it till they took it off, or something. But the new version was more like childish like than the original, the original seemed a little bit more violent somewhat... more brighter, maybe it is just me.

Insurgo
10-02-2007, 09:23 AM
I like the Original, but I started to like GX a bit when it was all duels, now they went and put Magic into it which ruined it. But, yeah, I don't even like YU-GI-OH! anymore.

Kradman
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
GX for me

Sanosuke23
10-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I prefer GX, because it isn't about the best of the best, it deals with people that go into it with pretty much average talent. However, as it goes along it becomes more of a second-generation hero story, and I still like it better than Kaiba's "Screw the rules I have money" plot device.

dark wrath
10-17-2007, 07:38 PM
i like the original because the monsters are stronger

ReccaReichiri16
10-20-2007, 03:46 AM
I like the original than GX. I like Yami Yugi than Judei Yuki.

Dysis
10-25-2007, 06:02 AM
i much like the original than GX but i also like its story

Ore-Sama
11-03-2007, 01:39 PM
WARNING:Minor spoilers for GX

GX has come a long way. The stories were awful as were the characters. Such improvement, as the main character has changed from a happy go lucky duel happy slightly annoying guy to a depressed, brooding almost anti-hero with split personalities. The storylines are much better(Season 2 the best so far)

However the original is still better. To correct another poster, Yugioh was not originaly made to sell cards. Originaly Yugioh was supposed to be about games in general, with the duel monsters card game only meant for one or two chapters with all other chapters around death games like the "Kill your opponent with one finger" game. It was the fans who demanded the card game be used. Not to mention in the japanese version, the friendship speeches were rarer and were nowhere near as cheesy.

Uchiha Mondo
11-06-2007, 05:39 AM
I like the oriinal yugioh! . Because all their cards were powerful

Jose
11-17-2007, 04:58 PM
original because G/X is really weird and they have all this stuff about spirts and stuff it doesn't make sense

SuXrys
11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
The original is way better then gx! The GX is probobly one of the worst thing they have done. I hate it! Despise it :banghead:, the story is boring and are dependeing too much on the first show. In my mind, the only reason why they begin gx was to earn more money. end of story.. :nono:
However, i love the original and never gets tired of it. love it!'

And besides.. I love everything with ancient egypt! :D

To write your name in hieroglyphs. please go here: http://www.upenmuseum.com/hieroglyphsreal.cgi/

prestestkagome10
11-18-2007, 02:04 AM
i like the original way better i mean gx is like a total ri off of the real show. like how could they not have yugi in it!?

cagathrun
11-18-2007, 07:28 AM
the original yu-gi- oh is much better than new one !!!!!!!!

Sanosuke23
11-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Show of hands, out of all the haters of GX, how many of you have watched more than a couple of dubbed episodes and are not just basing their hate on the fact that they're a fanboy/fangirl?

kaori_tenshi
11-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Original yuugioh! GX has no story plot...eh...

I probably dislike GX because of 4kids dubbing the GX horibly...I mean come on, that theme song is horrifying... .___.

REDEYESBLACKDRAGON
11-24-2007, 01:30 AM
I Like Gx Because It Deals With Up To Date New Cards. And Plus There Are Better Storylines In Gx And Plus Gx Has More Funny Characters

Sanosuke23
11-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Original yuugioh! GX has no story plot...eh...

I probably dislike GX because of 4kids dubbing the GX horibly...I mean come on, that theme song is horrifying... .___.

As some have mentioned, there IS indeed a pretty good story there. Never trust a 4kids dub to be accurate! Ever! Look at One Piece!

God that's another one with a horrid opening...

Tenshi Ja Nai
12-01-2007, 01:53 AM
I like the original Yu-Gi-Oh!

Tasold
12-12-2007, 06:13 AM
I started off thinking GX wasn't worth it but I gave it a try and it grew on me but I'd have to say the original is better the story just flows better and they get to go places whereas Jaden just stays on Academy Island. GX does have good episodes though and I'd say it was about even with the original Duelist Kingdom series of Yu-gi. That was good but the game wasn't fully established so the rules where a little wierd

Hideki Motosuwa.
12-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Original all the way!!!! I'm not a really big fan of GX :0

PugznRoku
12-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Original. I watched a few eps of GX when it first came on, heard other characters from the original made apperances (Para Dox bros, Pegasus, Kaiba...sort of) and checked those out; but when i saw the episode where Jaden dueled the guy who had the 'millenium puzzle' i was like "RIP OFF" and stopped watching.

I just don't find GX as funny as Yugioh, there's no stupid Joey moments that i loved (his facial expressions were HILARIOUS!) and i didn't see any real rivalry that Yugi and Kaiba had; GX is too childish for my tastes. Even though it was sensorsed by 4kids, in the DOOM arc the characters who had their souls taken did kinda die and GX doesn't seem to have a plot.

I'VE READ FANFICS THAT MADE FOR SENSE! (Rep for anyone who gets that!)

Sanosuke23
12-29-2007, 10:13 PM
There's a plot, people have died, the show got better. In fact, Titan(Millenium Puzzle guy) was punished for his little ploy, but I doubt someone who watched all of four episodes would know or care.

Because anyone who would dismiss a show as having no plot after watching a couple of nonconsecutive episodes is a noob.

PugznRoku
12-31-2007, 04:29 AM
You're right, i don't care, GX is just a ploy to keep a fad going and the fact Jaden annoys me to no end helped me switch off even faster.

Gero50
01-04-2008, 02:11 AM
I agree GX sucks. the thing i hate most about it is it has no point i mean it just doesn't seem anything like Yu-Gi-Oh to me

blackcatme
01-05-2008, 06:49 AM
i like the original one because kaiba is in it :)

Luigifamous
01-18-2008, 11:55 PM
GX, I got tired of the alternate personalities (Yugi and Yami)

StabWound
01-19-2008, 12:48 AM
I cannot stand any characters in GX. Also I dislike the animation in gx.

Original ftw.

AikoIshtar
01-19-2008, 05:40 AM
i like both xD original and gx ^^ because both have cool characters and strong cards ^^ but i miss the egyptian god cards T_T I miss Ra T_T

dark_is_light
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
I only watched one ep of GX... isent the point of YUGIoh!.... Yugi??
*bows* Thank you. Someone understands!

Anyway, the original was far better. The characters were more interesting and Yugioh is nothing without Yami Marik and Yami Bakura. (Atemu can drop off a cliff, vain b@$!#d) Heh.

HeartlessDemon
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I prefer the original because I thought the show was about yugi and not some random boy :P

Sanosuke23
01-31-2008, 12:01 AM
I prefer the original because I thought the show was about yugi and not some random boy :P

Then you were wrong. The show is about friendship.

Azrael91
02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
The origanl.

King_Shadow89
02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
I was a big time yugioh card player until the gt cards came out. I like the original.

kaori_tenshi
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
ORIGINAL! :D! The last episode was quite emotional...for me... >,<

GX isn't in my likings at all really... ><;;

shinnraiu
02-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm open minded so I like both. I collected only cards of the first series but I actually like GX characters a lot and I think I can more relate to it cause... they actually attend school. (In the original they hardly ever went to school... o.o Did they like drop out or something...? lololl...) But I really like both and I hate people who straight off say they hate GX. I respect opinions but don't just go saying "GX sucks" and "GX is pointless" cause it really annoys me since it seems like you don't have anything smart to actually say... again. And if you haven't watched enough of it, don't bash it, as I always say. Bashing is annoying...

ryku isaigana
02-27-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm all in for the original. True, GX bites the dust.

Trisseh
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I like both. GX has strange characters though and it seems to me that it is more comical than the original Yu-gi-oh.

sensei-zeb
03-01-2008, 06:46 AM
i prefer gx because they have new cards that have good effects and the some of the characters very very good e.g. zane truesdale
i do like the original aswell but it does get boring once n a while because not all of the episode in the original have a duel but in gx they have increases it

Mysti Queen
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I prefer the original. I've tried to watch GX but it didn't catch my interest in the least bit. I missed the old characters and it was just so different, it didn't even feel like YuGiOh anymore. So, I tossed it aside and moved on the next anime.

purple_punchi
03-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Well i hate GX its just so stupid it doesn't have a point but i adore the original its my fave anime ever!
but the end is soo stupid !='(

fairygirl26
03-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I would haev to say the orginal is the best and always will be but GX is not to bad either a little bit off but not to bad.

Mira Kaiba
03-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I would have to agree that the Original was much better than GX. I pretty much stopped watching and collecting after the Original ended. The original seemed to have much more of a point, and the characters were more dynamic. The game seemed to lose a lot of its appeal after the original ended. I was dad when it went away. :(

Slurpee
04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I think the original has a better plot, but I thought the original had too many fillers. I find GX more entertaining and fun, but I would prefer another season with Yugi and the gang over anything! Miss them so much. :[

But ya it depends on tastes, like a nice plot with mystery you'd prefer the original.
Like amusing characters in which one ends up saving the world in the process? Go with GX. Overall I like original... am I repeating myself? x.e

Archaic Devices
05-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I think the original was WAY too long, like pokemon. I MAJORLY prefer GX because I like the plot and the characters better. Especially the plot going on now with Jaden being evil and all. :3

GrimStride™
05-10-2008, 06:23 AM
I didn't really like the original because of all friendship and believe in the heart of the cards c*ap.I mean its fine having those things but they keep repeating them over and over again every episode.And they strech it a little too much for my taste.Thats the main reason i like GX better

Hikari103
05-26-2008, 06:32 PM
I liked the orginal one because I think there is more action than gx.

shissou
06-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I prefere the original because it's more organised and I don't really like Jaden.

LaranaSarahLei
06-14-2008, 02:42 PM
The original one. Definately the original.

Zellogi
06-18-2008, 09:14 AM
well ithink original is better more action

mississippibaby
06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Gx is alright but the original one is so much better

IchigoKiss
06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Original and why?
Because there's more plot to it than GX I mean to me Jaiden
is another Yugi without the 'inner soul' and Syrus looks like Yugi by the hair >.>
Although GX is ok since there are new cards ect...

Kaitou+
06-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Original, it has a better plot than GX, but GX's plot was alright....

blackmoon5
07-23-2008, 07:17 PM
The original was bomb, the GX one sucks. besides, the whole show in the original one was about the pharoe and the milenium puzles just as much as the game itself.

hirokiaibalovex3
07-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I prefer the original, since I enjoyed the plot a lot better then GX

Diocletian
07-26-2008, 11:28 PM
GX!
SYRUS Unto my death.I made my old deck based on GX.

Tomoyo01
07-27-2008, 06:08 AM
I prefer the original. The story is much batter. And the fact that they added new cards in GX bothers me, they really didn`t have to

EDIT: I changed my mind! I love GX now! I just had to take my time and focus on it, now I can`t get enough of it

JupiterSaint9148
07-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Which one do you like best?

I like the original one...GX sucks..

Original all the WAY! GX makes me want to throw out my tv.
I think what I loved most about the original (dubbed version, sorry :S) was how no matter what happened to the gang, Seto Kaiba would just NOT believe that the card game was attached to super natural crap.

Yugi: KAIBA! This is mooore than just a duel!
Kaiba: shut UP Yugi!

maskarac2
08-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Original is better because it has a better story and i hate gx because of the childish story and cards (syrus deck for example)

jamsterdj5
08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
original owns gx suc jaden isnt even the best in his school let alone the king of games, have u seen the episode yugi vs jaden guess who wins??? yugi oviusley also it really is annoying on gx how many elemntal heros!!!!! every turn i summon elemntal hero crapass or sumin lol also what did they do to kourebo with wings its soo gay

SSDynamite
08-15-2008, 10:55 AM
I prefer the original. Then again I haven't seen that many episodes of GX. But I love YuGiOh ^^ Pegasus was cool.

Rem Nightfall
09-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I like the original.
It's called Yugioh.
Not watch some kid who isn't yugi or yami fight.

Diocletian
09-01-2008, 05:35 PM
I like the original.
It's called Yugioh.
Not watch some kid who isn't yugi or yami fight.
Because Yu-Ki-Oh! doesn't sound as cool.

Rem Nightfall
09-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Because Yu-Ki-Oh! doesn't sound as cool.
No, no it doesn't.

But its called Yugioh I expect major duel butt kicking, Yami Yugi, and all the other Yugioh icons.

tanakashinkei
09-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I like the original.

GX sucks...

Plus...the bishies in the original are better than the ones in GX...

XD

Yusei's_Kitty
09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
The original is the best of course! (In most cases always is) However, GX and 5ds isn't horrible. I think its cool that they kept on coming up with new ways to twist it. GX was kind of pointless though and 5ds just made the whole thing seem more complicated. If it had gone my way, I most likely would have only made the original...

YanoBGI
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
The original by far destroys GX. Considering the many world wide tournaments held for the actual card game.

biestjes
10-09-2008, 01:43 PM
the original of course!!! GX is such stupid.... it's terrible. they dare to call such... there are no words for it... that they have given it the name Yu-Gi-Oh. :mad:

I like Yu-Gi-Oh more then you can know!

honeysenpai17
10-09-2008, 02:22 PM
yEAH 4 ORIGINALS

Oathkeeper-Airo
10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
At first, I like the original better. But after it ended, I started watching both the Japanese and English versions of GX. I slowly began to favor GX over the original. I like the GX characters better than the original, but the story line isn't that good.

sapphirewyren
11-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I prefer the Original, gx completly sucks? who goes to school just to learn about a card game? gx was pointless. the original was way better.

Lord Tsukuyomi
11-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I can't really decide. *Thinks* I would have to say.......GX. Don't know why....Guess cause I like the cards better and they have better effects.

TsuchiKin/Tayuya
11-15-2008, 08:01 AM
The original, hands down. There's not much to GX (and the character's annoyed me.)

Totally agree!!!!!:laugh: The girls in GX are digraceful to women and the main characters are so stupid!!!:huh: :<_<: I luv the original!!!It rocks!!!:love: :Bump:

Yoko Littner
11-17-2008, 05:01 PM
This is not even a challenge. GX is much better than the original series because GX has a better sort of characters, one being Syrus. Yugioh had an annoying cast such as Joey and Tristen.

SigmaSD
11-17-2008, 05:08 PM

I agree 100%. Jaden really gets annoying. Plus, there's some episodes where he uses a single card to win, and then never uses it again. What is that about?

nunnally_shana
01-01-2009, 02:22 AM
It is true that GX has less of that friendship thingy,but I still like the original the most.

Ai no nai
01-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I prefer the original. The story line actually was interesting , and it had alot of action for a card game.Gx just disappointed me with its lack of action and stupid catch frases.But i will agree that in both shows the lead character always wins and does not play by the rules

haddad287
01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I liked GX, they had much cooler characters like Jaden, Chad , and lots of other cool people

Harlan Phoenix
01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
This is not even a challenge. GX is much better than the original series because GX has a better sort of characters, one being Syrus. Yugioh had an annoying cast such as Joey and Tristen.

How was Joey annoying? He was probably one of the best characters in the franchise.

XtremeKakashi
01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Original

kenji174
02-10-2009, 09:22 AM
The originals were better in my view. This is because GX seemed to be based more to a younger audience and the elemental heroes were just plainly boring and annoying everytime they appeared.