PDA

View Full Version : Ut3

Khanxay
08-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Info: http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Unreal_Tournament_3

Gameplay Videos: http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/singlepost.php?id=10789

I'm sooooo sooo soo ready for this game. Looks awesome. Sadly I couldn't convince my parents to take me to Comic-Con. And I couldn't preorder the game at gamestop. Sucks to be 17..

If I have the money, I'm probably rent a demo server as soon as the demo comes out, and then upgrade to full when it releases. I was thinking about make a clan out of members from AF if possible. That, I think, would be pretty awesome.

Any one else getting the game?

Wolfwood
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I can't wait for this game. I'll be grabbing it on PS3 soon as it's out here (since it'll be cheaper then getting my computer up-to-date for it) then i'll just pray that it supports USB keyboards and a mouse ^^;
i've been surprised that they've been talking about the possibility of having consoles and PC's able to join the same online games. even if it's a slight chance of happening, it'd be cool.

Now where's my Shock Rifle? :P

Khanxay
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I checked with Steve Polge and he said that YES we are supporting keyboard and mouse in Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3. He is confident we are doing it in a way that will be balanced without feeling "gimped" for either side. We'll also allow people to choose whether or not they want to allow mixed controller vs. keyboard/mouse games or not.

I also hoping that it's cross platform too. Keep the fingers crossed.

Wolfwood
08-15-2007, 07:08 PM
i think the latest word is it won't come with it to begin with, but they're not gonna say it won't happen. i guess it'll depend on how well they test together.
The PC and PS3 are gonna support mods (the UT people love the mods others make ^^) but so far i'm not sure if the 360 will. But with all the downloads and stuff it'll probably support it aswell down the line.

Still, Cross platform would be cool and i'll probably rush the single player in this game just for a quick practice before diving on the net and going into one game after another until my net speed dies :P

Khanxay
08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
As much as I have read, the 360 release was delayed because of Mods. They're (EPIC) trying their best to bring them to the 360. I believe it's XBL that's in the way.

I really want to try out SP too. It's actually going to have a story instead of the usual tournament.

SkyDrag0n
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
OMGGg this game is going to be sick!

I watched the trailer and the graphics and gameplay is unbelievable=D

The Governator
10-02-2007, 01:39 AM
OMGGg this game is going to be sick!

I watched the trailer and the graphics and gameplay is unbelievable=D

How can you tell from one trailer the gameplay will be awsome? it could handle like a bull in a china shop.

Anyway, I don't really care dor any new UT game after UT 99, they had a great formula that worked, and then they go screw it up with Battlefield style combat, to me UT3 is about has interesting as Halo 3 and I would rather play the games on the Atari 2600 than Halo 3.

Eris
10-02-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm not seeing any sysreqs? What's up with that?

overwatch
10-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Well the last UT was not above average systems for the time and it ran well on lower end systems - whilst giving the option of far better graphics for better machines. However curretly the move to DX10 might mess up a lot of gamers - supreme commander missed point and lost sales because the game was above the average players computer stats - they have learn't their lesson which is why the next title is no DX10.
With UT3 I think it probably will be DX10, but don't hold me to that - but in general late releasing of requirments means high.

Khanxay
10-20-2007, 03:40 PM
UT3 Demo is out. And so are the system requirements. Can be found on wiki. I hate how the demo can only be downloaded from fileplanet..

System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista or Linux with advanced 3D processing or Mac OS X 10.4
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
512 Mbytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Recommended System Requirements:
2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
1 GBytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

Tim Sweeney of Epic Games has confirmed that the best quality of graphics in UT3 (i.e.: MSAA anti-aliasing with HDR) will only be available to players of Unreal Tournament 3 if they are Windows Vista users who also have a DirectX 10 graphics card.

overwatch
10-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Its beta demo at the moment; and you can download it from here as well:
http://www.gamershell.com/news/42421.html

Khanxay
10-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, personally I hate FilePlanet. I'm getting it from FileFront.

http://files.filefront.com/Unreal+Tournament+3+Beta+Demo/;8780331;/fileinfo.html

I really have to try this out for myself. I've gone through almost all the major UT communities and have found rather mixed views 'bout it.

Hyrule
10-20-2007, 06:07 PM
I really want this game bad!