PDA

View Full Version : who is better for Tenchi?

canta per me
08-12-2007, 12:22 AM
What girl of the many that show up in Tenchi's life do you think is the best for him? or which one is your favorite? I go with Ryoko all the way personally. Of course she would be able to protect him better than the others but she really genuinely would give up everything for him. For those of you that have seen the whole series you know what I mean.

Kagome
08-12-2007, 02:19 PM
I think Ryoko would be the best canidate for him. She'd give him the extra spunk in life that he needs, he'd be able to control her wildness (to an extent) and as far as I can see she really, truly does love him. Besides, who wants to marry their great aunt Ayeka anyway? lol. That's not really germane to the topic-so-disregard that.

Though yes, I agree, she really truly would give up *everything* for him. Even Ayeka couldn't *really* give up her throne to be with him. (Even though in the end of Universe she went running back to Earth...Can't say as much for the OAV, since in that series she never had to return to Jurai in the first place...buuut-anyway.) Ryoko also had been with Tenchi since he was really tiny, and is still with him and protecting him now. So, I think she's probably the best bet. Though, we all know Tenchi will never, ever stoop to choosing one girl over another.

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Eh..i guess i agree with the person above

TheAliceGame
08-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I think Ryoko would eat Tenchi alive had something between them happened. Let's face it, Ryoko couldn't be tied down to just one guy. Her attention span, and willingness to be free are just to powerful. Now, she loves Tenchi, there's no doubt; but I think she'd want him to travel through space with her. I don't think Tenchi would do that.

Sadly Ayeka would be the best choice for any sort of future with Tenchi. And I believe that if she had the choice she'd give everything up for him. <3 Which is sweet. Even though I believe he wouldn't let her.

Superbi Squalo
08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Hn.. Now. I'd say Tenchi and Sasami. >.> Yes people. I know she's like a KID. :3 Though.. they look soo cute together. XD

Kagome
08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Hn.. Now. I'd say Tenchi and Sasami. >.> Yes people. I know she's like a KID. :3 Though.. they look soo cute together. XD

Why not go with Tsunami then? Same person and also she's not 8 in that case. xd

Skeith/Haseo Wave
08-13-2007, 01:10 AM
Washuu? I dunno...I always liked that pairing..

Superbi Squalo
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Why not go with Tsunami then? Same person and also she's not 8 in that case. xd

Aye. Lol, indeed. Tsunami it is. :3

VraieEsprit
08-14-2007, 05:30 PM
This post will probably contain spoilers, people ;D

It really depends on the series you watch. In the OVA, there are decent cases for Ayeka, Sasami and Ryouko, and even at an outside pinch Mihoshi or Washu (at least until you reach the OVA3, when you have the invasion of the evil Noike...but I digress).

In all the other series, Ryouko is the only viable candidate to end up with Tenchi. She has competition in Universe from Ayeka, but Tenchi never really shows much interest in her (he does leave Jurai and go back to the Earth, after all...and he does pretty much tell her that when things are over she can go home and the rest of them back to Earth. He's dense. He doesn't get that Ayeka loves him - but he has a growing chemistry with Ryouko and it's all but settled by the end of the second movie anyway)

In Shin Tenchi Muyou, she has a lot of growing up to do before she can win Tenchi, but at least she has a shot at it. It's sad for Ayeka that she's been reduced to the level of whining background noise for most of that series...Sakuya being the competition. But Sakuya being not real...yeah, not a great future in that.

It's only in the OVA that Tenchi might choose one of the others (although disappointingly he'll probably choose all of them, to be honest, a la Seina in GXP, blech). Although the OVA3 did manage to destroy most chemistry between him and the characters...

I always see him choosing Ryouko, mind you :) I can't imagine that he'd ever do anything else.

Vraie

Jagan Eye
08-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Washuu? I dunno...I always liked that pairing..

Lol. I think it would be interesting to see Tenchi and Washuu together.

VraieEsprit
08-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Lol. I think it would be interesting to see Tenchi and Washuu together.

Perhaps its just me but that's sort of like dating your mother...(lol).

Washuu is my 2nd favourite character and I love her to death. But the idea of her with Tenchi creeps me out. Mikamo is Washuu's guy anyhow...she clearly still loves him (and so she should)!!!

Vraie

Trident_Spear
08-24-2007, 05:49 PM
)In Shin Tenchi Muyou, she has a lot of growing up to do before she can win TenchiFor all the series flaws (namely it being a piece of crap), Aeka is almost the most mature person at the household, she was the only one who stayed and tried to keep the family together.:rolleyes:

More than can be said of any of the others.

Mikamo is Washuu's guy anyhow...she clearly still loves him (and so she should)!!!Hi! LOL! I hope you were being completely facetious!

That's completely nonsensical. Mikamo LEFT Washu 20K years ago, deprived Washu of her beloved baby son, and married another woman all within a span of 6 months - and Mikamo did all this because his family told him to. What a cowardly man! Washu was broken up for nearly 20K years about it and first opened up to Tenchi about it in the baby Taro episode. There is nothing about him that deserves love from Washu and I don't think she'd be anything but bitter if they met.

Clearly, she is enamored with Tenchi from the beginning and is only being drawn closer. Witness her comments to Dr. Clay about her guinea pig or to Funaho about Tenchi in last OAV episode before OAV3 (as I did not see OAV3 yet or care that much).

But I suppose it's better to write off the competition any way possible if you are rooting for another character! LOL!

hyllboy88
08-30-2007, 04:23 PM
ayeka is better for a realtionship but i like ryoko better shes not as prissy

Superbi Squalo
08-31-2007, 07:34 PM
ayeka is better for a realtionship but i like ryoko better shes not as prissy

Ehhh.. Ryoko is an Alien as well, they all are. It depends on what the Tenchi kid wants, really. And since he ain't real, the creators make that decision. .

Kagome
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Ehhh.. Ryoko is an Alien as well, they all are. It depends on what the Tenchi kid wants, really. And since he ain't real, the creators make that decision. .

Except they never do. And never will. Because that's part of the premise to the story.

Superbi Squalo
09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Except they never do. And never will. Because that's part of the premise to the story.

Exactly. =/ They never seem to let it go OUR way for once.

Kagome
09-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Exactly. =/ They never seem to let it go OUR way for once.

I know, right? Sometimes it makes me wonder...Whats wrong with happy/definite endings to anime/manga?

Tenchi_fan
09-22-2007, 09:09 PM
:D I think Ryoko should end up with tenchi!:laugh:

小美ドクロchan
09-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Oh Ryouko by a LANDSLIDE. I can't believe I was once a AekaxTenchi fan. What was I thinking....T_T

mythroch
10-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I know, right? Sometimes it makes me wonder...Whats wrong with happy/definite endings to anime/manga?

ever had a happy ending in life? it don't happen. there are happy moments for sure, but life continues even when the biography stops. i think thats what attracted me to anime: it doesn't apologize for leaving itself open, and is a solid depictions of the continuity of life. (no matter how fantastic or unbelievable it is.)
which is also what irritates me since, there is always more story to be told after they finish telling their singular event. but my own existential quirks don't matter.

Kagome
10-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Point on happy endings...though there are some. But what about definite ones? The fans need closure in anime and manga-You don't start a story and then just leave it hanging in the middle. Every life has a beginning and an end, so should stories.

Variados
11-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Ryoko and Tenchi, she changed his life...Muahahahahaha...
Either way Ryoko despite her personality, she can act serious...I saw this anime about 5 years ago,and I just remember that Ryoko and Tenchi are the best couple just because they balance each other.

Ikaruga
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I agree with Florian, Sasami (no not Tsunami!)..

Why? Well why not have a loli instead of a demon girl? :p How about both for the matter?

Sasami also happens to be a Magical girl in an alternate dimension, though as to how this will help make it easier...

If I recalled correctly... Sasami is actually 800 years old, so she's not really 8 now is she? ;)

CapnJack
01-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Ryoko.

Shes known him for so long and seems to carry more deep emtions for Tenchi then the rest. Shes fought along side him in just about every battle. She trys to make him happy. Even if shes not too experienced in more normal day to day activities, she still trys to a certain amount.

Tenchi would also have a really hot mother-in-law, Washu. Her advanced science has helped him out time and time again.

Tenchi, dont be stupid and go for Ryoko. ^^

Ikaruga
01-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Ryoko.

Shes known him for so long and seems to carry more deep emtions for Tenchi then the rest. Shes fought along side him in just about every battle. She trys to make him happy. Even if shes not too experienced in more normal day to day activities, she still trys to a certain amount.

Tenchi would also have a really hot mother-in-law, Washu. Her advanced science has helped him out time and time again.

Tenchi, dont be stupid and go for Ryoko. ^^

Hmm... Well I'm sure that "incest" (mother-in-law) wouldn't be a problem then? Having Washu try and take away Tenchi from her own daughter... :p

But then thats just a small possibility.. Ryoko does seem like the best choice for Tenchi, I mean it did start off as a child relationship (does having Ryoko's ghost looking over Tenchi count?).

小美ドクロchan
01-17-2008, 11:11 AM
It's sooooooooo obvious that Ryouko lurves him the most. You know, I firmly believe that they'd be married or at the very least dating, if the others would just stop interfering!

DarkMoonPrince
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I would say ryoko, because Ayeka- i don't know, i just don't like her attitude..

CapnJack
01-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Hmm... Well I'm sure that "incest" (mother-in-law) wouldn't be a problem then? Having Washu try and take away Tenchi from her own daughter... :p
Whoa whoa! XD Who said anything about incest. =^^= Washu IS hot for being like a million years old, but the point I was making was that if Tenchi finally settled with Ryoko that he would have a great mother-in-law to get along with. (you silly goose!)

(does having Ryoko's ghost looking over Tenchi count?).

Tenchi, when he was young, sometimes had a feeling someone was watching over him. For a young love relationship, I think that counts. ^^

NovaStar
02-01-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm going with Sasami/Tsunami here, before you jump on me for being a Pedophile =P Season 9 Admits that they Tsunami asmilated with Sasami to save Sasami's life(I apologize for those whom haven't t seen the Original OAV)

In my opinion, Sasami(Tsunami form) is the right choice for him.

ryku isaigana
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Ryoko permanently all the way.

Robin Hood
02-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Ryoko all the way, Tenchi Forever! Says it all. :P

Phelyeg
02-18-2008, 10:32 PM
I have to go with Ryoko.

MissChelly
02-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I'd pick Ayeka as the better one for Tenchi. I love Ryoko, but I don't see her ever settling down enough. It bugs the heck out of me that they tend to make Ayeka so whiney. She really does seem to care a lot about him... thought I highly doubt he'd ever notice that being he's... well... an idiot. LOL

cyborgmonkey22
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
well if you ask me tenchi couldn't choose one girl over the other since it's an harem anime so if he chooses one girl over the rest there is no show. plus in my opinion he would probably end up with all of them like how seina did in gxp. i know a lot of people didn't like that series but i did. plus i liked how gxp took place in the original continuity that the ova's were in since they were made by kajishima masaki the original creator of the series. plus if you think about it the only way for tenchi to end up with any of the girls is to end up with all of them the way seina did since kajishima masaki said in an interview that tenchi thinks of the relationship he has with the girls more like that of a family relationship rather than an intimate relationship. just as seina ended up with amane, kiriko, ryoko balta, neju, and the four women who pretended to be lady seto's servants, tenchi would have to end up with ryoko, aeka(that's the true way you spell ayeka's name in english since in japanese there is no symbol with "ay"), sasami, noike, washu , and mihoshi. also for those of you who think sasami and neju are only 8 then you're mistaken because aeka and sasami were in cryogenic freezing for 700 years and neju is actually over 10,000 since when she became head priestess she stopped growing. but in terms of who tenchi is gonna end up with i'm gonna stick with him having to end up with all of them.