PDA

View Full Version : Zone of the Enders 1/2

Tempest Wind
08-09-2007, 12:09 AM
In my opinion, its one of the only good Mech games out there(even though its been out for like 4-5 years...and its insanly short) Ever heard of it?

overwatch
08-09-2007, 04:55 AM
Sad to say, but true; mechs are like dragons - brillient ideas that seem never to actually get made into games.
The only other mech games I know of are the Armoured Core series which I find slow and difficult to control although you get to fully customise your mechs lood and loadout. The other mech games are the mech warrior series on the PC, there old now but still great fun and the mechs get to be big and stompy without being sluggish!

that said there is a new game comming out on the ps3 by konami which is basically gundam (I think) robots fighting it out using similar gameplay as dynasty warriors.

The only other major mech game requirs you to have over £100 to buy the game alone - it was a mech simulator which was very well made and had to be played with its own control pannel on the x-box (hence the high prive); but not many were made - more of an experiment in gaming.

MomijiTMO
08-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Ok. I am an avid Armored Core fan but I do have ZOTE 2 on my PS2. It is completely different from the AC I am use to [the customisation, lighting fast battles] in that it is more akin to a hack-slash. After whining about the fact it isn't an AC game, I began to play more and more of it until I got to the point of having some small amount of affinity for it. I do love the graphics but feel that it could be a little more on the technical side and much more difficult.

Conclusion : Enjoyable game that is not as good as AC.

Regex
08-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I enjoyed the first Zone of the Enders game.. That was the first good game that I spotted to come out for the PS2, though it was kind of ridiculously short.

I guess what I liked most about it was how natural the controls seemed to be. That was pretty nice.

Sword
08-09-2007, 02:55 PM
It's a brilliant series. The visuals in the second game are revolutionary. Konami found a unique way of making it look like an anime without the blocky, black outlines and shiny lighting. The length can be a problem but it has plenty ofExtra Missions. I haven't even finished them all yet.

Jose
08-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Awesome game TW
great so much fun
best mecha game ever

lordrellik8
08-09-2007, 03:10 PM
One of my faves!
Great two player mode.
Fun to play when bored or not!

Tempest Wind
08-10-2007, 12:05 AM
I dont like the length or the ending. The ending was pretty much a "And they lived happily ever after". But really, the length bugs me lol. I beat the second in little over two hours....

I heard theres an anime that follows the story line. Ill try to look for it.

氷の動物
08-10-2007, 01:51 AM
I played both and beat both games and I'd have to agree with everyone else that it is probably the most natural action mech game I've ever played, and overall the one that most captures an anime/manga-esque plot for being an action mech game (it still can't compare with the plots of Xenogears/Xenosaga, Front Mission, and Super Robot Wars). Also like everybody else said they were ridiculously short.

realms89
08-10-2007, 03:35 AM
hell yeah that game was damn good