PDA

View Full Version : Original Fiction: Brookie Ch 11

Capernicus
08-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Yup. Totally wrote itself. Enjoy :3

Note: If you can't tell that Mary's thoughts are in italics, then you suck.

------------------------------------------------------------

Mary swallowed hard. It was now or never. Nicole was looking at her curiously, her cheeks still slightly pink from their laughter and her eyes bright as ever. Mary avoided looking into them, choosing to look at her own hands instead.

"Well…it’s about…us. I mean, this."

Nicole cocked her head to the left slightly and frowned. "What now?"

"I know that we had that really great evening together at the arcade…" She couldn’t help but blush as it rushed back into her memory. She could still remember the intense heat of her skin pressed to hers and the persistent burning inside her. "…but I think we should stop it now." She closed her eyes tight, waiting for the blow she knew was coming, and waited out the very long pause that seemed to span ages.

"……….what exactly do you mean?"

"I mean that, we are great together, you know? We can have more fun and laugh harder together than I can with anyone else I know. And…" She took a deep breath. "…I don’t think we should risk it"

"More of this?" Nicole almost laughed then. "I thought we settled it yesterday. Mary, there’s no chance of us not being friends." She placed her hand on Mary’s cheek. "I love you too much to stupidly throw our friendship away."

"Nicole…"

Nicole’s lips caught up Mary’s in a soft kiss. They were oddly sweet and gentle, like the sweep of a butterfly’s wings. Mary allowed the kiss for a few seconds, then pulled away.

"We can’t…"

"Why not? Instead of being afraid to lose our friendship you should be trying to take it to the next level."

"You are making it out to be something that it isn’t." Mary protested.

"No, I’m not. You’re being stupid Mary."

"Just listen to what I have to say, please."

"Why should I? It’s just nonsense!"

"No it’s not. Please, listen. I am well aware of just how much you care for me and so are you. Do you really think that you could ever be content to just be friends after being lovers?"

Nicole paused for a moment. She bit her lower lip and looked away from Mary. She seemed lost in her own thoughts. Maybe, just maybe, this will be easier than she had thought…

"I admit, it would be pretty hard. But being friends would be better than not having you in my life at all. I couldn’t stand that."

"What about if I started dating someone else? You know that would upset you."

"Of course it would." Nicole replied at once.

"And I know you, Nicole, when you’re upset you let everyone know. We may get into a huge argument over it and be even worse off than if we had just went our separate ways in the first place."

It seemed to be working. Nicole looked highly concerned. She tried to hide it as she fingered her nail absentmindedly, but Mary saw it all the same. Her mouth was curved into a frown and her brow was furrowed. Her eyes seemed to be a deeper green than usual, as if the depth of her thoughts changed them. Yes…please believe me…it’s for your own good Nicole…

"But…but we have already started. I don’t think I can be just your friend even now."

"Yes we can. We still care about each other as much as ever."

"I know, but it’s not that, Mary…" She moved closer to her friend, so close that their temples touched as Nicole said softly into her ear, "…I dream about you at night."

There was no stopping the crimson sheet that covered Mary’s face. Her ears were very sensitive…and when someone spoke directly into them like that, and she felt their hot breath on them…oh god…she just couldn’t take it. It sent a ripple through her body, making her shiver. Nicole realized what she had done almost immediately. A smile played about her face, knowing exactly what she had just found, and she leaned yet closer to suckle gently on Mary’s earlobe. A moan escaped Mary’s mouth, quite involuntarily, and a fierce stinging made itself known between her hips. She shifted restlessly, trying to relieve the sting, but found that impossible while Nicole continued to lavish her ear with attention. It was all Mary could do to stem the almost constant stream of moans, biting on her lower lip, turning them into muffled whimpers. And as Nicole’s sweet assault continued, Mary found herself putty in her hands. She tightly gripped the back of Nicole’s shirt into her two fists, pulling the girl closer to her ear, closer to her sweet spot. Nicole’s tongue ventured inside the auditory canal, its warm and moist form driving her insane, and Mary no longer had power over her own voice.

"Oooooooooh….Brooooke….."

The tongue stopped dead. No longer being teased, Mary began to slowly regain control of her own body; her moans quieted and eventually ceased and her hands loosened their tight hold. The stinging was still very present though, spreading inside her like ink in water, reaching into every nook and cranny. But her brain was having trouble catching up. Her thoughts were broken and disjoined, but even so she was aware of the grave she had just dug for herself.

Mary thought she heard a strained sniffle, or maybe it was a sigh. Whatever it was, it wasn’t a sound that indicated happiness or desire, and Mary feared the sound. She forced her eyes to open and look at the face so close to hers, and when she did, she immediately wished she hadn’t. A gentle tear was forming at the corner of Nicole’s eye. The Irish green now looked like watercolor emeralds as they remained unfocused at some point ahead of her, not really seeing what was there. Mary felt panic constrict her lungs as she struggled to talk.

"No…Nicole…I didn’t mean…" But she found that she had nothing to say nor the ability to speak freely. Nicole didn’t say anything yet either. Her lip trembled slightly, and Mary noticed that her neck contorted as she swallowed hard. She seemed to be getting up the composure to speak.

"I see…" Her lip trembled again. "You could have just said something…"

Mary was at a total loss for words. She wasn’t sure what Nicole was talking about, or how much she knew, and she did not wish to volunteer information. As cruel as it may sound, Mary wanted her to know as little about the situation as possible. That way, it hurt her less.

"So they weren’t just rumors…" Nicole said weakly, looking thoroughly miserable. "You and her really are together…"

"I’m sorry…I didn’t want for you to find out thi-"

"Oh, well, that much is obvious!" Her voice was a little higher than usual, as though slightly hysterical.

"Nicole, please…" Mary pleaded. This was going exactly where she was determined to keep it from. The last thing she wanted was to lose Nicole completely. She tried to pull her closer, but was pushed away rather violently. The mattress lifted slightly as Nicole stood up and turned away from Mary.

"I can’t stand to lose you as a friend, Nicole."

"Well, you were right. I don’t think I can do this…" Her arm lifted and Mary knew she was biting her nail. It was a compulsion of hers. Mary watched her nervously chew on her nail, but eventually turned her gaze to the floor, defeated. If only she had told her before, she might have saved things.

"I know I’m a complete idiot for doing this to you. But I can’t help it, I love her…"

Nicole made another strained noise. It was too much for the slightly older girl to bear. She left the room in such a hurry, leaving the door ajar and taking the stairs three at a time. Mary could hear her footsteps echo in the hallway, and heard the creak of the front door opening as she exited.
She waited a full minute before moving a muscle. She wanted so badly to stop Nicole from running, but she knew she had to let her go. And she also knew that, had she moved any sooner, she wouldn’t have been able to stop herself from trying to catch up with her. She told herself that things were better this way. Nicole knew what was going on and, while it ripped her heart in two, things could only get better from here. The worst was over, and Mary had the future to look forward to. She hoped inwardly (and felt very guilty for it) that Nicole would not tell anyone, especially Brooke, about their brief affair. Mary didn’t think she would tell, it wasn’t like her to spread gossip. But she was still nervous about the possibility. Oh well. She would have to wait till Monday to find out what would happen.

Princess Cupcake
08-06-2007, 10:44 PM
It's good so far that I've read.
I'll have to read more later.

But I'm a little upset that Nicole called Mary stupid. That makes no sense of her. Plus, Mary isn't stupid! She's a lady's... uh, lady? I guess that only works when you say it like; lady's man. I don't know...

Good job, Cap. Love it.

Ωmega
08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I thought you said you didnt dump me ;__;

And I dont think Id call you stupid either. Id probably use silly or ridiculous, but its your story =3

And por que Nic-Nic no get a pm? Por Que?
XP

Good thing I saw the link in your sig in the pic thread.

Im also surprised on how fast your producing these...and I hope it continues at this speed =3

Capernicus
08-07-2007, 03:09 PM
TECHINICALLY, you ran away crying before I could convince you to let us break up. So TECHNICALLY you kinda dumped me. XD

Hypergraphian
08-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Well done this time, no major problems with sentencing and you provided just enough insight on Nicole to let us in on her emotions. My only problem with it is that the chapter was a little too short. Lol... So keep up the good work.

Yugure's Goddess
08-08-2007, 12:45 AM
ACK! This is torture! I have to wait. I can't believe i have to wait. Gosh, Capsters, why you gotta make this stuff so... addictive?! I so badly want the next chapter, I don't think I can stand it.

I can but I say that so you'll want to write faster. For me. *giggle* Just kidding. Keep it up, ladeh! Your writing is beautiful as always.

love
dani
dude

Ωmega
08-08-2007, 09:20 AM
TECHINICALLY, you ran away crying before I could convince you to let us break up. So TECHNICALLY you kinda dumped me. XD
You called me Brooke! That was kinda your way of dumping me.

BTW, after viewing your latest blog, will a new character be popping up?

Capernicus
08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
XD Well, she does wish to be in it, but I think I've already dug a big enough hole with the characters I already have. I don't want to create one for her and leave it unfinished. She will get a minor role at least, and if I can find a way to tie her in something a little bigger.

Buruku
08-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Brooke is a little hussy, you should have stuck with Nicole.

Capernicus
08-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Brooke is a little hussy, you should have stuck with Nicole.
Well if you stopped being a hussy then we could really work out Brookeh.

Red&Stiletto
08-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Well THATS a way to break a heart. If I was led on like that only to be dropped on my face, I'd go on a hunger strike. Well, if I could manage to make my fat cow self stop eating for pain I would but you get the point! Anyway, cant wait to see teh next chapter!!

Much love,
~*Lady