PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Fanfiction: Year at Hogwarts.

Rasengan John
07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Author Notes: In the spirit of the final book of Harry Potter, I decided to create my own fanfic of it, it also happens to be my first so enjoy it!

- - -

It was a dark and cloudy morning on Privet dr. The Dursley family had just woken up from their nightly slumber. Harry, who had already been awake writing to Ron and Hermoine, heard the locks and latches pop on his door. When the door opened Harry saw his pillow headed Uncle Vernon standing in the doorway.

“Come on boy!” Spoke the still tired old man. “You know today is Dudley’s graduation, and so I don’t want you embarrassing us!” Rubbing his eye’s, he turned his back to Harry and proceeded down the stairs where Petunia would be making breakfast while taking pictures of her littlest Dudums. Harry in no rush got dressed and quietly walked down the stairs and into the kitchen; passing by the calendar he eyed down today’s date; August 13th. Harry couldn’t wait, in just 3 weeks he’d be on the train to Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry with his 2 best friends Hermoine and Ron. While Harry was busy daydreaming about his friends, the Dursley’s were looking at him suspiciously.

“What are you doing!?” Asked Harry’s Cousin Dudley. How dare you come down here and ignore me… ON MY DAY!” Dudley’s voice was rising and nobody wanted to see or hear Dudley when he was upset. It wasn’t that he was afraid of Dudley; it was just the way he wined and screamed like a little girl that made him so sick and nauseous to be around. “WELL, AREN’T YOU GOING TO SAY ANYTHING”? Joined Mr. Dursley his level almost as high as Dudley’s. As sad as it seemed Harry knew he couldn’t say anything besides sorry that would get the two of them off his back. “I’m sorry…” Said Harry sarcastically. “It was rude of me to come down here and not congratulate you on your wonderful achievement.” “That’s more like it.” Replied Vernon as he took a seat at the kitchen table opening up his newspaper all while eyeing down his toast. Petunia, who was already pouring Vernon’s coffee spoke. “Harry…Your not planning on wearing those clothes to the banquet are you?”

Harry who was cleaning out the pots thought a mean and crude comment to make but he let it slide seeing as last time Vernon didn’t feed him for a week. “Well, all my other clothes were dumped in the trash by Dudley so seeing as these are the only one’s…” Harry was cut off by his Aunt rummaging threw the closet. Within a few seconds, she pulled out one of Dudley’s old dress suits. “Put these on!” Demanded Petunia as she tossed them to Harry. Harry started to undress, taking off his shirt, and as he started to unbuckle his belt, Vernon and Petunia both shouted. “NOT HERE!” “WERE NOT CAVE PEOLE YOU KNOW… HAVE SOME DECENSY”!!! Harry quickly gathered his things and went up to his room. There waiting on his bed was Hedwig with 2 letters in her beak. Harry still half naked, snatched the letters out of her beak and read Hermoine’s first.

Dear Harry,

Glad to here your doing okay. I know your excited as much as Ron and I are, you know; to got back to Hogwarts and all. Have you gotten your Hogwarts letter yet? Have you been reading the “Daily Prophet”? Have you heard from Ron or Dumbledore? Well, I have to go with my mom to Diagon Alley to pick up some stuff for school. Were going tomorrow to, hurry up and tell me if you want to go so we can pick you up.

Sincerely,

Hermoine Granger

Harry smiled, thinking of a reason why he could get away from the Dursley’s for a day and hangout with his friend. After he was done daydreaming for the second time today, he opened Ron’s letter and started to read.

Dear Harry,

How are you doing? Has that oversized bully been bothering you? I hope you’ve been enjoying your last few weeks of summer; but I know you are looking for ward to going to Hogwarts. Fred, George, and I just got our Hogwarts letter today. Have you gotten yours yet? If not, don’t worry. I’m sure we only got ours first because were in the magical world. Gotta go!

Bye,

Ron Weasley
………………………..

Harry immediately say down at his rather small desk and pulled out two pieces of parchment, a quill, and some ink. But before he get started, Vernon called up the stairs. “Come on boy!” As disappointed as he was, he knew he had something to look forward to when he got home. He quickly got dressed and walked down the stairs, joining the Dursley’s as they all left the house.

After the banquet was over, Harry burst open the door and ran to his room, opening his desk he started to write.

Dear Ron,

I am doing fine thank you. No Dudley has not been a jerk, though he has been really stubborn lately. I am enjoying the summer break but I am really looking forward to going back to Hogwarts with you and Hermoine. Speaking of which, Hermoine, her mom, and I are going to Diagon Alley tomorrow, I hope we see you there. No I haven’t gotten my Hogwarts letter yet, but it’s like you said. Since you’re in the magical world, you get it first while in the muggle world, we get it later. See ya!

All The Best,

Harry Potter

Once Harry was done writing and reviewing his letter, he got an envelope folded the letter, entered the letter in, and sealed the letter with his saliva. On it, he wrote “Ron Weasley”. Tossing the letter to the side, he took the second piece of parchment and started to reply to Hermoine’s previous letter.

Dear Hermoine,

Nice to here from you again! I have not been reading the Daily Prophet lately, my Uncle Vernon says the Owl’s that bring them will draw attention and that’s the last thing he wants. I haven’t gotten my Hogwarts letter yet by the Weasley’s have. And yes, I have heard from Ron but not Dumbledore. Yes, I would love to go with you and your mom to Diagon Alley. I have already asked my Uncle and he said as long as were not seen doing that hocus pocus magic crap, than it’s fine with him. Be at my house around 8:30 AM and I’ll be ready, though we will need to stop at Gringots. See you tomorrow!

All The Best,

Harry Potter

…………………….

Harry then repeated the same process as before, open, fold, lick, stamp. Once the two letters were sealed and ready to go, he gave them to Hedwig and told her to deliver Hermoine’s first. Hedwig then flew out the window, with the two letters attached to her feet. Harry then got undressed and into his PJ’s, slipping into bed he fell asleep with the thought of seeing Hermoine and Ron the next day.

I already have chapter 2 created, give me some good feedback and we'll see where this takes us.

kingdomhearts_tom
07-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah its good, in a grammar sense. but not much happens. As a writer i know you can't do much in the first chapter but what bothers me is, when is this set? what year are they in, does it follow on from the books? coz a lot of characters died.

But otherwise good :D

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Interesting start, but it almost seems as the chapter is a bit too short. Post chapter two, so I can have a little more of a formulated opinion.

Daenerys
07-27-2007, 08:39 PM
To me, it seems like this is a prolouge, not a chapter. I think you should name the next chapter, chapter one. ;)

Rasengan John
07-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Your the Moderators! :)

Wow ... my FF didn't get locked this time, lol.

Alicaryn Silentread
07-28-2007, 10:37 AM
I do like it, in a way. But where is this set from? What year? Because if its Harry's last year, you must take into account things that have happened before, etc. But if its set earlier, I must say, its pretty good. ^^; I'd like to read more.

FullMetalAlchemist997
07-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I have mostly the same questions. I do like where this could go though. Keep it up! ^.^

Rasengan John
07-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm just going to say, between book 1 & 2.

Ichiro Matsuchani
08-02-2007, 10:52 AM
When you write another chapter of a story, you are supposed to post it in a separate thread. I did it for you, since you didn't know.

Rasengan John
08-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Ok, thanks.
Yeah, I didn't know.