PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears or Xenosaga

Lavos
07-21-2007, 02:23 PM
You decide...

Azel
07-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Xenogear. The rest were successors. Gotta respect the classics.

.Gogo
07-21-2007, 02:47 PM
XENOSAGA for sure. Best characters, best story, coolest game ever.

Xenosaga is not a direct successor for Xenogears anyhow.. and actually, if anything it's an unofficial prequel to Xenogears. As for why Xenosaga is the best.. well, it has KOS-MOS. Do you really need another reason?

Saiyan Destroyer
07-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Xenogears FTW.

Lavos
07-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Xenosaga wasn't my cup of tea. I played it and it lacked as indepth of a story as Xenogears. It seemed like the whole point to the story was to make the player feel confused and sleepy.

As for the battle system, I wish they has spent more than 5 minutes on Xenosaga's battle system.

Tempest Wind
07-21-2007, 07:22 PM
Out of the combat systems(Edit):in the Xenosaga....saga(End edit) Xenosaga Ep 1 did it the best(IMO). However, Xenogears still did it better -.-(also IMO) Storyline-wise, I liked Xenosaga, however, I did not like the fact that the cutscenes in Ep1 were like 10 minutes long...

Lavos
07-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Out of the combat systems Xenosaga Ep 1 did it the best(IMO). However, Xenogears still did it better -.-(also IMO) Storyline-wise, I liked Xenosaga, however, I did not like the fact that the cutscenes in Ep1 were like 10 minutes long...

How would you compare the battle system between Xenogears and Xenosaga 1?

.Gogo
07-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Storywise Xenosaga was superior. Xenogear's ending made me want to laugh, it was so sappy. And for not making sense, Xenogears didn't make much sense to me. As for battle systems, Xenosaga III had an awesome battle system that was better than all of them imo. Though I agree with Tempest the Xeno I battle system was pretty great too. The best part about Xenosaga though was the characters, there was so many characters that all played individual roles and were all important, leaving you a wide range of favorites to have. I've never played a game where I enjoyed so much of the characters, usually you pick one or two you like, but there really was alot in Xenosaga. Sure I'll admit that the cutscenes were long, but I personally love cutscenes and view them as a reward for getting through levels and advancing in the game. I like that aspect of it, and so I enjoyed the game very much. And with such appealing graphics and character designs like there was in Xenosaga III, how can it even be put on the same scale as Xenogears? Xenogears is old news, Xenosaga brought it and then some. I only wish they would have spanned it the original 6 games, instead of just the three. ;_; That's my only complaint.

Chocobo
07-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Hmm, Xenosaga. I haven't seen Xenogears, but I read that several characters from Xenosaga were based off of several characters from Xenogears. Including bosses. The thing I liked about the battle system in EP1 was that you could save up attack points to use an item with great effects, and the boost. (loved using KOS-MOS' X-Buster on every enemy). In Episode 2...there was boost, and you could attack twice. In Episode III it has so many more movies than the Japanese version, but lacks blood. It was cut down to attacking only once per battle other than the double hit skills, and the short-double. =D the strangest thing I've had during battle, however was Attack, Short-Double, Revenge, Revenge Back, Revenge Again, Revenge Again Back, Revenge, Counter. It was rather strange. =/ There was supposed to be 6 episode of Xenosaga, but I'm sure there's going to be another thing like Xenogears-Xenosaga. It can't just end like that! ;_;
Edit: What would it be like if Xenosaga made a movie? You know...like Advent Children >_>

Lavos
07-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Does Xenosaga III atleast make sense out of the first two?

Also, the whole six games things, Xenosaga was really only one epsidoe. If you read in the art book, each of the episodes was spaced out by a good number of years, in some cases, by tens of thousands of years.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Chocobo can I get proof of this with characters remade? I doubt they'd reuse names. I haven't touched any Xenosaga game because I just cann't find them. I am going to play them since it's still (from what I heard) about Man and his relationship with 'God' or somethign like that. I liked Xenogears more because it had a lot of in depth story for both the game and characters. I really liked Esmeralda's story and the story after Solaris fell. Freaking sweet game. Time to youtube cutscenes from that game.

.Gogo
07-23-2007, 09:42 PM
There was supposed to be 6 episode of Xenosaga, but I'm sure there's going to be another thing like Xenogears-Xenosaga. It can't just end like that! ;_;
Edit: What would it be like if Xenosaga made a movie? You know...like Advent Children >_>

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing KOS-MOS and chaos again, although many, many years later, perhaps on Lost Jerusalem. Although Xenogears/Xenosaga is NOT an official sequel, as stated by Tetsuya Takahashi, if events follow the time frame that's already been set up, Xenosaga is a supposed prequel to Xenogears, with Xenogears being the final chapter. So if another "Xeno" set was made, it would have to span after Xenosaga and before Xenogears I would assume.

And OMGGggg. If there was a Xenosaga "Advent Children" it would be MINE as soooon as it came out! Ahhh I would be so happy if that would happen! =D

Does Xenosaga III atleast make sense out of the first two?

Also, the whole six games things, Xenosaga was really only one epsidoe. If you read in the art book, each of the episodes was spaced out by a good number of years, in some cases, by tens of thousands of years.

Yes, Xenosaga III explains everything in the Xenosaga world, during the game you gather files for the database, which is an entire "Xeno Bible" containing every bit of information you could want to know about all the characters, events, etc that occured in all of the games =3

And btw, no, Xenosaga wasn't meant to be spaced out by tens of thousands of years, at least not for these 6.. in actuallity, everything was set up how it was supposed to be, Ep 1 and 2 both were made as originally planned, which is why when you play Xenosaga 3, you'll immediately notice the change of pace of story. Where the first two [especially ep 2] were more detailed and focused on one event, Xeno 3 has alot going on at once.. that's because not enough copies of Ep 2 were sold, and thus production for the 6 was cancelled. In order to please fans of the series they gave us Ep 3, which was amazing, although sadly the excitement was short lived ;_;

Chocobo can I get proof of this with characters remade? I doubt they'd reuse names. I haven't touched any Xenosaga game because I just cann't find them.

It's been mentioned that Xenosaga's Jin has a likeness to a certain character in Xenogears.. although his name escapes me atm =P

And how can you not find Xenosaga??? Unless you live out od the US.. I've heard that some countries only recieved Ep 1, and others only Ep 2.. poor poor people, don't know what they're missing ;~;

Lavos
07-23-2007, 11:24 PM
And btw, no, Xenosaga wasn't meant to be spaced out by tens of thousands of years, at least not for these 6.. in actuallity, everything was set up how it was supposed to be, Ep 1 and 2 both were made as originally planned, which is why when you play Xenosaga 3, you'll immediately notice the change of pace of story. Where the first two [especially ep 2] were more detailed and focused on one event, Xeno 3 has alot going on at once.. that's because not enough copies of Ep 2 were sold, and thus production for the 6 was cancelled. In order to please fans of the series they gave us Ep 3, which was amazing, although sadly the excitement was short lived ;_;

It's been mentioned that Xenosaga's Jin has a likeness to a certain character in Xenogears.. although his name escapes me atm =P

Xenosaga wasn't, but Xenogears was. If need be, I can cite my source.

Jin Uzuki(Xenosaga) and Citan Uzuki(Xenogears)

Tempest Wind
07-24-2007, 12:16 AM
Xenosaga wasn't, but Xenogears was. If need be, I can cite my source.

Jin Uzuki(Xenosaga) and Citan Uzuki(Xenogears)

Yeah, when I first saw Jin in Ep III, my brain couldnt remember where I had seen someone like him before lol.

Also, I think that the fact that Ep II barely sold in Europe is what helped make it be a failure -.-(because Ep I wasnt shipped in Europe). Its too bad...Jr was the one i could most relate to lol(except for the whole being a URTV and being called "Little Master"....)

lordrellik8
07-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Xenosaga is beter game!

-Id-
08-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Xenogear all the way....the game play is cool...great story too but i have to admit i did get lost a few time but now i understand it:)

3pleT
08-03-2007, 01:18 PM
xenogears has the best story ever (i think there is no movie or anime with that good storyline) and it also has pretty good gameplay for an RPG, so it's definitely a classic. its only flaw is terrible graphics, so most of those who voted for xenosaga didn't even give it a try because of that or haven't played it till the end to reveal the whole storyline.
don't misunderstand me, i'm not trying to say that xenosaga is bad (i liked all 3 parts), but it's not nearly as good as xenogears.

Saiyan Destroyer
08-03-2007, 01:20 PM
G0RE: Yeah the same last name, wow. I thought they wouldn't reuse a name, and reuse common characteristics. But yeah, they are the same.

My video stores tend to break the laws of physics by both sucking and blowing at the same time.