PDA

View Full Version : What's so interesting about Bleach anyway?

Wio
07-19-2007, 01:48 AM
This is a Bleach counterpart of an Inuyasha thread in which every slams the series.

When I looked at the "Bleach is awesome" section, (how do you even discuss that?) there is a bunch of "I like Bleach, I have read the manga".

So what specifically do you like about this series.

For me, I like the fact that a ton of other people are watching it, thus I can discuss what is going on when I'm confused. If it weren't a popular series, I probably wouldn't waste my time on it.

Edit note: Acronyms for swearing are still not allowed. Don't use them.

Kurotsuchi Nemu
07-19-2007, 02:05 PM
i like bleach because its interest and also it has alot of it im theres a bunch of characters to choose from and the series does get confusing but its still good.

Hitsugaya389
07-19-2007, 02:10 PM
I like it becuz Bleach is kinda like Naruto except different characters and plot.
It has sooo many things to like about it. For ex: Hitsugaya!!!! He's soo coool and soo cute when he's lil!!!

In the begining, it's kinda boring, but it gets better. JUST WATCH IT!!!

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
07-19-2007, 02:11 PM
there is actually a good plot that leads to interesting things and the charactors are good. There is action and blood. (a crowd favorite!) The show dosent get reptitive. Each episode is more and more interesting. I mean sure the show has its faults but what show dosent? Overall It is a good creative show.

Slumber
07-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I like a lot of the characters. Only thing that's really keeping me around.

Shizune-chan
07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
well to me, each episode u watch, u learn something new about the characters and just sorta draws u into it

Jose
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
there is actually a good plot that leads to interesting things and the charactors are good. There is action and blood. (a crowd favorite!) The show dosent get reptitive. Each episode is more and more interesting. I mean sure the show has its faults but what show dosent? Overall It is a good creative show.

Yes I agree with my sister completelly this show doesn't get reptitive

Azel
07-19-2007, 05:42 PM

I'll take that as my answer as well.

angelic_assasin
07-19-2007, 07:11 PM
its interesting because: Hitsugaya is just plain awsome!! and cuz i like the plot^^

LOVE STUFF
07-19-2007, 07:19 PM
its interesting because: Hitsugaya is just plain awsome!! and cuz i like the plot^^

YUP!!YUP...:D YUP!!!

Jose
07-19-2007, 07:26 PM
I like it becuz Bleach is kinda like Naruto except different characters and plot.
It has sooo many things to like about it. For ex: Hitsugaya!!!! He's soo coool and soo cute when he's lil!!!

In the begining, it's kinda boring, but it gets better. JUST WATCH IT!!!

Yes master (bark or meow) whatever you say

Sawada Ieyasu
07-21-2007, 06:34 PM
It's just awesome like that. =)

Sogetsin
07-23-2007, 09:19 AM
I like bleach because the story is so unique. The characters are so well designed. I also like the fact that Ichigo loses in fights (alot), unlike Naruto who has hardly ever lost a fight. I like naruto but why can't he ever lose once when he "believes" in himself. In bleach the rules are get stronger than your opponent and win.

animeotaku15
07-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, even though Bleach is a popular series, I didn't really have much interest in it. But one night, since nothing else was on TV, I decided to watch it and I have to say I was impressed. I can't say what stood out about it, but I kinda like it. I'm still getting into it so I only know about 5 characters--lol. I guess that's the great thing about anime--nothing's the same. You can always find something for your taste (or find out you actually like a certain genre that you use to hate).

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Why not change the question? Not why Bleach is good, but why is Bleach unique? If a series seems like a copy of another (With a few plot tweeks and different characters), I can't stand to watch it. =/

Wio
07-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Why not change the question? Not why Bleach is good, but why is Bleach unique? If a series seems like a copy of another (With a few plot tweeks and different characters), I can't stand to watch it. =/
Have you watched Yu-yu Hakusho (or whatever it's called)?

Fatality's Envy
07-24-2007, 12:54 AM
The plot, action adventure!

Yuuki Kurosu
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Well, What I like about it is that it has a really good story-line, plot, yeah...I believe anyway. Like Shizune-chan said it really draws you into it. The characters have really good personalities and many are just SO CUTE!! < coughs > Hitsugaya < coughs > But yeah, that is what I think ^^

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
The fights! >>

LOVE STUFF
08-05-2007, 07:01 PM
The fights! >>

yup yup!!^_^

unspun
08-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Bleach is hard to predict, it has comedy, and a lot of blood, almost gory at times. The story and plot build up can get pretty intense at times, with enough dramatic impact to keep you wanting more without making you feel like you're clawing the walls because of the repetition, like when I was watching dragon ball z. The fillers aren't boring, (like Naruto) and the characters are well developed.

I hope this answers your question.

hokiboshi
08-05-2007, 09:37 PM
I like bleach because the story is so unique. The characters are so well designed. I also like the fact that Ichigo loses in fights (alot), unlike Naruto who has hardly ever lost a fight. I like naruto but why can't he ever lose once when he "believes" in himself. In bleach the rules are get stronger than your opponent and win.

yeah, i get your point, the only time i remember naruto losing is when he fought sasuke to stop hm from going to orochimaru's side (and it was almost a tie too) whereas in bleach, ichigo actually got owned by a bunch of people (lets see...theres kariya jin, grimmjow, zaraki kempachi? [i think that was a tie])

in naruto, some of the female lead characters dont have major fight scenes (sakura for example, hasnt gotten into a major fight since she and ino fought on the chuunin exam) whereas in bleach, female characters have at least one major battle (rukia fought that bounto lady with the fan and sword twice, the first with orihime and the second in soul society. orihime actually defeated a hollow when she first got her powers and yorouichi defeated soi fong)

back to the topic, bleach is interesting because of the fights, the cool release commands of the soul slayers and their different appearances, and kuchi byakuya's "im better than you" attitude

prestestkagome10
08-05-2007, 10:28 PM

In the begining, it's kinda boring, but it gets better. JUST WATCH IT!!!hitsu-kun is cute and he's so protective of Momo

Rem
08-05-2007, 11:49 PM
I've given bleach many tries to impress me but it always fails. It just isn't an interesting series, the manga had mediocre art and after 2 volumes nothing interesting had happened. The anime while very clean looking and it has great music is about as interesting as the manga. I just can't get into these pre packaged hits, which make no mistake Bleach was always going to be a hit. It's designed that way, just another passing fad.

Tenchi Masaki
08-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Have you watched Yu-yu Hakusho (or whatever it's called)?

User_Name brings up a good point as an anime that one can compare Bleach to.

There are a lot of ways I can argue against Bleach and why it's not a great anime, BUT I am a fan and the thread isn't about the faults of Kubo Tite's piece. It is about why this anime is so popular for this generation of otaku.

For me, the style of the characters and their designs feel refreshing. Every artist is different, from Toriyama to Obata, and Bleach just seems pleasing to my eye. The action is intense (especially the manga) and although sometimes it feels DBZ-esque with characters getting stronger and stronger, I personally don't mind their spin on the formula.

Bleach follows the same steps necessary for a standard Shonen Fighting Series:

-A strong-willed main character willing to protect those precious to him (Ichigo).
- A cast of supporting characters that either support the main character's views (ex. Rukia, Chad) or provide well needed opposition to his beliefs (ex. Ishida, Byakuya)
- The fighting system has an interesting gimick with characters' powers being associated with a unique sword called a Zanpakutoh.
- The enemies are interesting and give the main character a real "run for his money" as well as providing that power gap the main character must achieve/surpass (Espada, Aizen).
- There is both fan service for male and female fans (ex. Matsumoto, Orihime for guys and Hitsuguya, Byakuya for the ladies).
- The plot has enough twists and secrets that keep the fans wanting more (the Rescue Orihime Arc especially, now we know how Hollows advance in power).
- The threshold of power is interesting (ex. Bankai, Arrancar's Released state, Vaizard masks) and is open for characters to raise the bar of what that anime's universe considers "The strongest."

There are other details I might have missed but all these points Bleach does well and most Shonen Fighting Series follow these steps in one way or another. When an manga artist/writer does it right then the result is a humongous fanbase and the dream of thousands or millions of people reading your work.

I understand Bleach isn't a "masterpiece" like Evangelion, but for me it's one of the most popular animes for this generation of anime enthusiasts for a reason:

It's entertaining and keeps its fans wanting more.

Rem
08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
User_Name brings up a good point as an anime that one can compare Bleach toYeah i was going to bring that up but I frogot, the reason they are s similar is because they were one by the same director.