PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate this song?

Shizune-chan
07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
I luff the song lip gloss by lil mama, whats so bad about it? .. is it really as anoyin as evevrybody says it is? anybody else in this world like that song?

Hamashimura
07-17-2007, 05:48 PM
>.<
I have never even heard about that song >.>
But the true reason of my post is to react to your question:
Why in the world do we need entire thread for one song?
Can you even imagine where this site would go if everyone asked question similar to this?

For example,I like Pokemon opening theme,which many dislikes,but you wont see me opening thread - why everyone hates pokemon opening theme?

Jose
07-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Good song but kinda of annoying it's the hollaback girl of '07

Azel
07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Ow my ears..bled a little..after hearing that song. And also, I agree this post is way to specific and therefore kind of unnecessary. And the reason this song is annoying is..it's meant for nothing more than to be catchy, and her voice sounds like a mouse giving birth to an elephant. Ow.

Jose
07-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Ow my ears..bled a little..after hearing that song. And also, I agree this post is way to specific and therefore kind of unnecessary. And the reason this song is annoying is..it's meant for nothing more than to be catchy, and her voice sounds like a mouse giving birth to an elephant. Ow.
lol funny but mean you're right

Aleyna
07-17-2007, 06:04 PM
i like this song(its less annoying then my humps by the black eyed peas)
i find this song and the music video quite amusing, lol everyone is going crazy over her super lucky lipgloss that her mom gave her lol
yeah we all know its materialistic, but we need a song every once in awhile to make fun of and annoy ppl with for good laughs

Shizune-chan
07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
>.<
Can you even imagine where this site would go if everyone asked question similar to this?

For example,I like Pokemon opening theme,which many dislikes,but you wont see me opening thread - why everyone hates pokemon opening theme?

i was bored :closedeye but yeah i get ur point but if not having any threads like these, wouldnt that just defeat the purpose of having threads in the 1rst place? bc this is how it prob started out lol

yeah just a tad bit mean

Korobi
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
I just don't like the lyrics. They seem kind of lame. The music video was kind of weird too. And the singer, well.......I don't really like any song where the singer doesn't show off their vocals and stand out.

Shizune-chan
07-18-2007, 04:21 PM
I just don't like the lyrics. They seem kind of lame. The music video was kind of weird too. And the singer, well.......I don't really like any song where the singer doesn't show off their vocals and stand out.

yeah ur right but it just catches ur eye when u see it. it doesnt have good lyrics and the music video sucks but w/e i guess it an old song now anyways

Elphaba
08-12-2007, 09:24 PM
>.<

yes, i agree

Shia_san
08-12-2007, 09:31 PM
eh, the song is o.k. i kind of like it. o.0

Masali
08-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Song? Lip Gloss by Lil' Mama is not a "song" it is pain in sound form. Why does everyone hate this song? No, no, no. A better question would be "Why does anyone LIKE this song?". It has no redeeming qualities. It's boring, stupid, uninspired, and generally contributes to the fall of the world's collective IQ. I feel dumber after hearing this song. I feel dumber just by talking about it. I feel dumber just by knowing it exists and it could be my misfortune to accidentally hear it one day. This song is the sound produced when satan slaughters babies, rapes virgins, burns villages, and runs Inuyasha reruns. It is truly an unholy abomination. It needs to be destroyed, and any mention of it be punishable by death. Lil' Mama needs to be subjected to the most horrid, vile, disfiguring torture that the universe has ever seen. But do not kill her, no no. Make her suffer for all eternity. Let her be a warning to those who would ever consider releasing this song upon the masses again.

That is how much I hate this song. Over the top? I don't think so, I think I'm being quite mild actually.

Rem
08-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Why does everyone hate this song?

They have taste?

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
08-12-2007, 11:17 PM
ohh how sooo true!!^^ Besides isnt this a waste of a thread? Anyways.. yes I hate that song as well ..but I am not much of a rap/hip-hop type of person so whatever..

Prince Seven
08-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Ehh...I really dislike this song it sounds so annoying I hope to never hear it again enough said =[

Acnologia
08-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I never heard it. Ill down load it and see whats like.

Rem
08-13-2007, 08:14 AM
I never heard it. Ill down load it and see whats like.
Don't waste your time downloading it, just watch it on youtube. Since you don't really get the full effect without the video anyway.

-Batman-
08-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I just watched the video for this song on Youtube...All the way through.

I feel very retarded right now.

*~Lily_Gemini~*
08-13-2007, 03:36 PM
i hate the song, its just so annoying

Acnologia
08-13-2007, 03:40 PM
It hurt my ears. The sound is just horrible. I don't even wanna see the video now.

realms89
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM

lol your lucky thats all that happened to you that song gave me diabetes

International 4-8818
08-14-2007, 12:15 AM
It is stupid, all she does is sing about lip gloss. I is aslo stupid because it is dumb rap. There is no talent. Lip gloss? That is catchy? If she wanted the song to get more attention she would have named the song tampon and sing about that.

The Governator
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Well, I can safely say, that the people who hate the song have a good taste in music, it's terrible, its so comercial, I don't need subliminal messages by Loreal in my music.

xXAltairXx
08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
I luff the song lip gloss by lil mama, whats so bad about it? .. is it really as anoyin as evevrybody says it is? anybody else in this world like that song?

Everyone likes different things, you like it, other dont. Its the way of life lol X)

Day
08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Because, it has no meaning to it really. When I first heard the song I almost threw up in my mouth, and beat my radio all together. x3

Mittens
08-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Hmm, I guess I just don't like it because it lacks musicality and it's painfully repetitive.

And also I tend to have more interest in music that contains more depth than why Lil Mama's lip gloss is poppin'.

Shizune-chan
10-21-2007, 08:32 AM
wow
i didn think anybody would hate it that much yeah it is anoying when u listen to it a million times in one day, but it good for anoying siblings :)

Fighter Kirby
10-21-2007, 08:38 AM
No, no, no.
You have it all wrong from the jump. This is not rap. This is not hip-hop. It's an over-glorified pop song that has some sort of urban feel to it, and above even that...it is C-R-A-P.

Has to be one of the worst songs that I have ever heard, and that's coming from a "hip-hop/rap" genre fan. IMO, people don't even know what rap/hip-hop even is. All this crap being spewed out all over the place. Sheesh.

Light Buster
10-21-2007, 09:58 AM
It's because it doesn't rock nor it's not metal.

Thingle
10-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Because it's not a song.

ShinyaZel
10-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Is Warren G gonna' have to regulate? Seriously though...this song is just. *facepalm* Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so here's mine. First off, her name is "Lil Mama." Talk about originality. Second off, the song's name is "Lip Gloss." That's just a deep lyrical song waiting to happen. It's just...*shakes head* Not my thing, XD.

TheAsterisk!
10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I like Pokemon opening theme,which many dislikes,but you wont see me opening thread - why everyone hates pokemon opening theme?
Wait, which series? You may have allies.

Atara Inferno
10-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Omgsh... that song sucks!
My sister always sings that song, so I always feel like strangling both Lil Mama and my sister.
It has no meaning, it's not RnB or Rap, it's just some Dance or Pop music and it doesn't sound that good, I mean.. "they say my lip gloss is poppin', my lip gloss is cool, all the boys keep jockin', they chase me after school"
Who says lipglosses are cool? o_O;

rubberbabybuggybumper
10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes the song is annoying. The first thing I thought of when I saw the video was Britney Spears because it reminded me of "...Baby One More Time." And the song itself is taxing on the ears.

Scarlet Wings
11-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Probably because it's not a good song.

ShinyaZel
11-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Omgsh... that song sucks!
My sister always sings that song, so I always feel like strangling both Lil Mama and my sister.
It has no meaning, it's not RnB or Rap, it's just some Dance or Pop music and it doesn't sound that good, I mean.. "they say my lip gloss is poppin', my lip gloss is cool, all the boys keep jockin', they chase me after school"
Who says lipglosses are cool? o_O;

You haven't realized the coolness of lip gloss yet!? WHOMG!

Memento Mori
11-04-2007, 06:12 AM
I've never heard of the song, but so far what I'm hearing, it isn't all that great. I don't expect to listen to it anytime. Besides, I only like classical and opera.

beauty_pop
11-04-2007, 05:49 PM
haha i thought it was funny...dont know y but i do...
>_<

foxkit2409
11-04-2007, 07:50 PM
it's only the worst song in the world.

Myrtle_Anime_Addict
11-16-2007, 03:48 AM
What's wrong with the song it's actually pretty cool My Lip Gloss is Poppin my Lip Gloss is COOL I think it's a really CUTE song... though My Dark Magic is right there is no meaning to this song...

Mayonnaise-Senpai
11-20-2007, 03:47 PM

Lil' Mama is a hip hop artist and I ama big fan or hip hop. That song is really old! it came out in the beginning of this year (i think). you should listen to her song "G-Slide" It makes me get up and dance! :D