PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever played Never winter nights?

Atrumrox
07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Its a computer game. I like it though. Who do you pick as your hench men? What kind of character are you? What race do you like? And what's your opinion on lady aribeth.
1I pick tomi because he is hilarious but i also pick the giant dude.
2 I am always a theif. Or a monk.
3 I like half elfs though i have expieremented with halflings. Guess i'm a halfy! LOL!
4 I HATE lady aribeth. Over dramatic freak that she is.

Yippy123
07-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Ooo yea ive played it before! Hmm the henchmen... i dont like tomi he's annoying and weak lol i cant remember much but erm the double axe guy is ok - hes an orc?

I am always the sorcerer cos he just owns everything! i love the cone of cold and fireball spell ^^ Also u can get a pixie familiar that picks locks and stuff so yea its all good.

Yea i usually use half-elf for my sorcerer.

Lady Aribeth is weird! have u got to the end of the game yet? i wanna say something but scared of giving a spoiler lol.

Ever played Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale?

Atrumrox
07-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Heh. Tomi is weak but the little phycopath is rather funny. Do not fear spoilers. I have watched the game beginning to end. I have played Baulders gate but not icewindale. I did read R.A. Salvadore's Icewindale trilogy though. He's a good author. I just started Never winter nights two but dad needs to get a new graphics processor or something for it to work. We already got a ton of new RAM.

Hitsugaya389
07-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I haven't played it but my bf has played it before

It looks interesting

Yippy123
07-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Heh. Tomi is weak but the little phycopath is rather funny. Do not fear spoilers. I have watched the game beginning to end. I have played Baulders gate but not icewindale. I did read R.A. Salvadore's Icewindale trilogy though. He's a good author. I just started Never winter nights two but dad needs to get a new graphics processor or something for it to work. We already got a ton of new RAM.

Indeed Tomi is rather weak for my liking he always gets killed x.x oh ok wel do u know at the end where Lady Aribeth turns into a fallen paladin/psycho? I was really shocked and couldnt believe my eyes! I mean at the start she was all high and mighty and saying stuff like justice shall prevail lol. Ooo what did u think of Baldur's Gate? What about no.2? I never really go to finish it cos the game is too big! Well i highly recommend Icewind Dale cos theres a nice set path and u dont get too lost even if u havent played for ages. Neverwinter Nights 2?! i'd better check it out hehe...

Atrumrox
07-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I find Aribeth way too dramatic on any occasion. Yeah. I'll see if i can convince dad to get Icewindale. Not likely though.

Eris
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Its a computer game. I like it though. Who do you pick as your hench men? What kind of character are you? What race do you like? And what's your opinion on lady aribeth.
1I pick tomi because he is hilarious but i also pick the giant dude.
2 I am always a theif. Or a monk.
3 I like half elfs though i have expieremented with halflings. Guess i'm a halfy! LOL!
4 I HATE lady aribeth. Over dramatic freak that she is.

Oh yes. The original NWN campaign I usually end up playing alone. The henchman AI sucked. I used to play a lot of druid, but I've done wizard, champion of torm/fighter/weapon master, and monk. I usually play either elves or humans, with some exceptions. As for Aribeth, I really don't have much of an opinion.

My favorite character is one I used to play on a PW. His name was Roshnak. An original take on evil characters. Most evil characters are just,... you know, cliche. They worship Cyric or Bane or some such, and they run about doing evil for the sake of it. Rosh' was different. He was a half-orc monk that worshiped Yurtrus, the orc deity of disease. He had custom gloves that struck it's victims with disease on impact (and he was a monk so he got A LOT of hits per round.) He was dedicated to spreading pestilence and illness, and would ambush good clerics because they ran about removing disease. I can miss playing him sometimes.

I also played a longsword weapon master. Damn that character did crap load of damage. Was fun to play with a group too, with difficult enemies, I would continuously pound the enemy with an endless stream of knockdowns while the rest of the group attacked. I would usually hang out with a group of people 4-6 levels above me, but I was still able to pull my own weight with that character.

Kitanoru
07-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I haven't actually ever played Never Winter Nights, however I have wanted to for some time now. My friend's who own the game say that it is an awesome game! It looks like a lot of fun too! One of these days I will get around to playing it though! It is on my list of games to play!

Atrumrox
07-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Heh. List of games to play huh? I only wish i could find so many. name some cool ones. Flamma. I am annoyed with you for that comment. But i will not rep you badly. You can feel guilty on your own.

Storm Strife
07-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I have a question...why am I able to choose level 15 pre-made characters for the original campaign? Is it because I've already reached the second chapter? Is it because I have the Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, Kingmaker, Shadowguard and Witch's Wake modules?

Atrumrox
07-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Sorry. I dunno. I never pick pre-made characters. But shouldnt they make Shadowguard into a game. Its awsome! And so is Marik!

Eris
07-26-2007, 02:57 AM
I have a question...why am I able to choose level 15 pre-made characters for the original campaign? Is it because I've already reached the second chapter? Is it because I have the Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, Kingmaker, Shadowguard and Witch's Wake modules?

I think the "big" expansions (Shadows, Hordes) both add new pre-made characters. I never played using them though, so I'm not 100%.

Knightmare
07-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I thought of buying this game but I didnt because I didnt know if it played like Baldurs gate or Elderscrolls can some one tell me which is similar.

Eris
07-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I thought of buying this game but I didnt because I didnt know if it played like Baldurs gate or Elderscrolls can some one tell me which is similar.

It is more like Baldur's Gate than it is like Elder scrolls (essentially the same rule set drives it).

Auron Sigerthel
07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
I think Tomi is quite useful for disarming traps and opening locked doors or chests. I also like the double axe guy, Daelan from the Uthgardt tribe.

I also have played Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn. I like Minsk, he's funny and strong.

I see that Neverwinter Nights is really easier than Baldur's Gate II. NWN's rules are less strict than BG2's.

BTW...Auron Sigerthel is my Paladin's name. I was going to name him Auron, but I didn't know what surname to give to him, so I clicked "Random Name" until I get a surname I like. So that's why I am Auron Sigerthel xD

Eris
07-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I see that Neverwinter Nights is really easier than Baldur's Gate II. NWN's rules are less strict than BG2's.

I think they use a different ruleset, NWN is DND 3.0, and BG2 is ADND 2.0 if I remember correctly. They've both got strengths and wekanesses I guess.

BG2 is less forgiving than NWN, but I'm not 100% it's all because of the rules, it might also be level design (eg. you run into easier enemies in NWN.)

unspun
07-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Amusingly enough, I have the game, and have yet to install it..

Tsuna Kadiri
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
I played it a long time ago. I liked the game, but for some reason it didn't keep my interest enough. We have Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark around here but I've never played them.

One part that still bothers me was in that one part kind of in the middle, with the two brothers and the judgement of the wind elemental/spirit thing. There was that one cauldron/torch thing that said if you fired a certain fire spell at it, you could summon some guy and he would show up and give you another side of the story (it's been such a long time since I've played it I don't remember any names or what it was about). I couldn't figure that part out, whatever it was.

Atrumrox
08-01-2007, 09:43 PM
I think Tomi is quite useful for disarming traps and opening locked doors or chests. I also like the double axe guy, Daelan from the Uthgardt tribe.

I also have played Baldur's Gate II - Shadows of Amn. I like Minsk, he's funny and strong.

BTW...Auron Sigerthel is my Paladin's name. I was going to name him Auron, but I didn't know what surname to give to him, so I clicked "Random Name" until I get a surname I like. So that's why I am Auron Sigerthel xD

I like Dealen too. He seems like a decent character and hororable enough. heh. Anyone ever put Tomi and Luin together on hordes of the underdark. Its HILARIOUS! they fight constantly.:laugh: