PDA

View Full Version : Help with deck construction

Gouki
07-10-2007, 11:02 PM
OK I need some help with my deck just to make it a bit more stronger here is a list of my cards

1) Despair From The Dark (Monster ATK2800/DEF3000)
2) Pandemonium Watchbear (Monster ATK1300/DEF1800)
3) Zaborg The Thunder Monarch (Monster ATK2400/DEF1000)
4) Des Kangaroo (Monster ATK1500/1700)
5) Injection Fairy Lily (Monster ATK400/1500)
6) Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus (Monster ATK2900/DEF1600)
7) Bubonic Vermin (Monster ATK900/DEF600)
8) Thestalos The Fire Storm Monarch (Monster ATK2400/DEF1000)
9) Bubonic Vermin (Monster ATK900/DEF600)
10) Dark Magician (ATK2500/DEF2100)
11) Moisture Creature (Monster ATK2800/DEF2900)
12) Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi (Monster ATK2800/DEF2900)
13) Drillago (Monster ATK1600/DEF1100)
14) Magic Cylinder (Trap)
15) Last Turn (Trap)
16) Curse Of Royal (Trap)
17) Trap Hole (Trap)
18) Spellbinding Circle (Trap)
19) Pikeru's Circle Of Enchantment (Trap)
20) Magical Hats (Trap)
21) Fatal Abacus (Trap)
22) Ring Of Destruction (Trap)
23) Ballista Of Rampart Smashing (Magic/Spell)
24) Heavy Storm (Magic/Spell)
25) Knights Title (Magic/Spell)
26) Graceful Charity (Magic/Spell)
27) Axe Of Despair (Magic/Spell)
28) Convulsion Of Nature (Magic/Spell)
29) Monster Reborn (Magic/Spell)
30) Monster Reborn (Magic/Spell)
31) Monster Reincarnation (Magic/Spell)
32) Back to Square one (Magic/Spell)
33) Messenger Of Peace (Magic/Spell)
34) Horn Of The Unicorn (Magic/Spell)
35) Terraforming (Magic/Spell)
36) Stray Lambs (Magic/Spell)
37) Big Bang Shot (Magic/Spell)
38) Shield & Sword (Magic/Spell)
39) Smashing Ground (Magic/Spell)
40) Magical Stone Excavation (Magic/Spell)

Saiyan Destroyer
07-11-2007, 12:09 AM
It looks like you're looking for a Monarch Control deck. Is that what you're looking for? I can give you a decklist that my friend won regionals with over in Pittsburgh a month or two ago since the list is the same reguardless.

Gouki
07-11-2007, 12:12 AM
It looks like you're looking for a Monarch Control deck. Is that what you're looking for? I can give you a decklist that my friend won regionals with over in Pittsburgh a month or two ago since the list is the same reguardless.

I cant really say what I was trying to make but sure I would like to see the list.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Tribute 9
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Raiza the Storm Monarch
2x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
3x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

Non-Tribute 13
1x Sangan
1x Spirit Reaper
1x Treeborn Frog
2x Card Trooper
2x Mystic Tomato
3x Gravekeeper's Spy
3x Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive

Spells 12
1x Book of Moon
1x Heavy Storm
1x Magical Stone Excavation
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Nobleman of Crossout
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Premature Burial
1x Snatch Steal
2x Brain Control
2x Smashing Ground

Traps 8
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Mirror Force
1x Ring of Destruction
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Sakuretsu Armor
2x Trap Dustshoot

Total Cards: 41

-SIDE DECK-
1x Cyber Dragon
1x Jinzo
1x Mobius the Frost Monarch
1x Call Of The Haunted
1x Confiscation
2x Des Wombat
2x Royal Decree
3x Banisher of the Radiance
3x Pulling the Rug

That good? That's my buddies regional deck. I changed it a little for the Advance format that he won in.

Gouki
07-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Tribute 9
2x Cyber Dragon
2x Raiza the Storm Monarch
2x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
3x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch

Non-Tribute 13
1x Sangan
1x Spirit Reaper
1x Treeborn Frog
2x Card Trooper
2x Mystic Tomato
3x Gravekeeper's Spy
3x Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive

Spells 12
1x Book of Moon
1x Heavy Storm
1x Magical Stone Excavation
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Nobleman of Crossout
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Premature Burial
1x Snatch Steal
2x Brain Control
2x Smashing Ground

Traps 8
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Mirror Force
1x Ring of Destruction
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Sakuretsu Armor
2x Trap Dustshoot

Total Cards: 41

-SIDE DECK-
1x Cyber Dragon
1x Jinzo
1x Mobius the Frost Monarch
1x Call Of The Haunted
1x Confiscation
2x Des Wombat
2x Royal Decree
3x Banisher of the Radiance
3x Pulling the Rug

That good? That's my buddies regional deck. I changed it a little for the Advance format that he won in.

Not bad but do you have any tips to make my deck stronger

shane the ninja
07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
just have done with it go for the speed of a spall catsrer deck, i use spellcasters and thus far have never lost a single match, granted i have never entered a tourny with it but i don't want fame an succh which comes with a tourny win.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Let's disect it real quick...

Traps:
1x Magic Cylinder (Trap)
1x Last Turn (Trap)
1x Curse Of Royal (Trap)
1x Trap Hole (Trap)
1x Spellbinding Circle (Trap)
1x Pikeru's Circle Of Enchantment (Trap)
1x Magical Hats (Trap)
1x Fatal Abacus (Trap)
1x Ring Of Destruction (Trap)

Well Magical Cylinder IMO is a good trap card. Last Turn is banned, but in the case for Traditional you don't have the monster (Jowgen the Spiritualist) that'll pretty much mean victory for you if you had him, but you don't. Curse of Royal isn't that great of a trap card, the best counter traps are seven tools, magic jammers but noone runs those, and Solemn Judgement but certain decks run those. Bottomless Trap Hole is a great trap, but regular Trap Hole is horrible. Spellbinding Circle and Magical Hats are flat out horrible. Pikeru's is better as a side deck card. Fatal Abacus shouldn't be in here. I don't know why, but whoever creates ideas for cards make the unique thing about this game suck.

Spells:
1x Ballista Of Rampart Smashing (Magic/Spell)
1x Heavy Storm (Magic/Spell)
1x Knights Title (Magic/Spell)
1x Graceful Charity (Magic/Spell)
1x Axe Of Despair (Magic/Spell)
1x Convulsion Of Nature (Magic/Spell)
2x Monster Reborn (Magic/Spell)
1x Monster Reincarnation (Magic/Spell)
1x Back to Square one (Magic/Spell)
1x Messenger Of Peace (Magic/Spell)
1x Horn Of The Unicorn (Magic/Spell)
1x Terraforming (Magic/Spell)
1x Stray Lambs (Magic/Spell)
1x Big Bang Shot (Magic/Spell)
1x Shield & Sword (Magic/Spell)
1x Smashing Ground (Magic/Spell)
1x Magical Stone Excavation (Magic/Spell)

If you're playing traditional drop 1 Monster Reborn as that's restricted to 1 in traditional. Equipment cards are horrible. Never run equipment cards, especially ones that'll return to the top of your life deck if they are destroyed. The only equipment that can possibly ran is Dagger of the Butterfly - Elma and that's in specific decks. They're generally a waste of space and with as much magic/trap destruction in the game they're one time use, so it's better to use something like Rush Recklessly but even I suggest against that as there are way better support cards. Convulsion of Nature works in decks that rely on you knowing whats in your opponents hand such as Mind Crush or D.D. Designator or Ominious Fortune Telling they'll be done 500 damage otherwise nothing. Monster Reincarnation shouldn't be used unless you're running an Exodia deck as that'll return Exodia hte Forbidden One to your hand while Backup Soldier will return the limbs to your hand. Back to Square One should be used in the same deck Convulsion and Ominious Fortune Telling should be in. Messenger of Peace should only be used in a stalling deck such as Exodia or Direct Damage deck. Terraforming is only used in a deck where you MUST have your field to get out your powers like Guardians, Gravekeepers, Ocean, etc. Stray Lambs suck in comparrison to Scapegoat which lets you use double the tokens at a higher speed spell which in turn will allow you to use Scapegoats during your opponents turn. Shield and Sword is ONLY good in a defense down deck where you use High Defense monsters to lower your opponents life points and then put them attack mode, use Shield an Sword to unleash a can of whup ***. Smashing Grounds and Magical Stone Excavation are INCREDIBLE additions to any deck.

Monsters

Tribute 7
1x Despair from the Dark
1x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
1x Ocean Lord Deadalus
1x Thestalos the Fire Storm Monarch
1x Dark Magician
1x Moisture Creature
1x Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi

Right off the bat, you're running WAY too many Tribute Creatures. Remove stuff in the Graveyard doesn't really count as a Tribute since odds are your deck is based around them. That's two monsters where you sac one, but FIVE monsters where you sac two. 90% of all two sacrafice monsters are unplayable. You have no theme for your tribute monsters that'll end up hurting you ultimately. Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi should only be ran in a spirit deck where you want Spirits to remain on the field rather than return to your hand. If not, double sacraficing sprit SUCK since they'll return to your han nd you got to double sacrafice for them agian. Monarchs have the new Stone Monarch which is pretty much better than all of them. Dark Magician should be in a deck of his own. The other two tributes are horrible.

Non Tribute Monsters

DEFINATELY NOT ENOUGH NON-TRIBUTE MONSTERS. You should only run 5 tribute monsters tops, other wise two maybe three. Good deck construction is usually 20/15/5 (Monsters, Spells, Traps) Lily is great as she can instantly eliminate 99.99% of all creatures by paying 2000 LP which are OPTIONAL. Bubonic Vermin is better for a deck where you'll constantly be searching for it to slim it out like Exodia or example. Des Kangaroo would be better in a trample deck like what I run but there are better tramplers than him like Spear Dragon (1900/0 after he attacks, he goes to defense but on the next players turn, he can go back).

I hope I helped you out.

Gouki
07-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Let's disect it real quick...

Traps:
1x Magic Cylinder (Trap)
1x Last Turn (Trap)
1x Curse Of Royal (Trap)
1x Trap Hole (Trap)
1x Spellbinding Circle (Trap)
1x Pikeru's Circle Of Enchantment (Trap)
1x Magical Hats (Trap)
1x Fatal Abacus (Trap)
1x Ring Of Destruction (Trap)

Well Magical Cylinder IMO is a good trap card. Last Turn is banned, but in the case for Traditional you don't have the monster (Jowgen the Spiritualist) that'll pretty much mean victory for you if you had him, but you don't. Curse of Royal isn't that great of a trap card, the best counter traps are seven tools, magic jammers but noone runs those, and Solemn Judgement but certain decks run those. Bottomless Trap Hole is a great trap, but regular Trap Hole is horrible. Spellbinding Circle and Magical Hats are flat out horrible. Pikeru's is better as a side deck card. Fatal Abacus shouldn't be in here. I don't know why, but whoever creates ideas for cards make the unique thing about this game suck.

Spells:
1x Ballista Of Rampart Smashing (Magic/Spell)
1x Heavy Storm (Magic/Spell)
1x Knights Title (Magic/Spell)
1x Graceful Charity (Magic/Spell)
1x Axe Of Despair (Magic/Spell)
1x Convulsion Of Nature (Magic/Spell)
2x Monster Reborn (Magic/Spell)
1x Monster Reincarnation (Magic/Spell)
1x Back to Square one (Magic/Spell)
1x Messenger Of Peace (Magic/Spell)
1x Horn Of The Unicorn (Magic/Spell)
1x Terraforming (Magic/Spell)
1x Stray Lambs (Magic/Spell)
1x Big Bang Shot (Magic/Spell)
1x Shield & Sword (Magic/Spell)
1x Smashing Ground (Magic/Spell)
1x Magical Stone Excavation (Magic/Spell)

If you're playing traditional drop 1 Monster Reborn as that's restricted to 1 in traditional. Equipment cards are horrible. Never run equipment cards, especially ones that'll return to the top of your life deck if they are destroyed. The only equipment that can possibly ran is Dagger of the Butterfly - Elma and that's in specific decks. They're generally a waste of space and with as much magic/trap destruction in the game they're one time use, so it's better to use something like Rush Recklessly but even I suggest against that as there are way better support cards. Convulsion of Nature works in decks that rely on you knowing whats in your opponents hand such as Mind Crush or D.D. Designator or Ominious Fortune Telling they'll be done 500 damage otherwise nothing. Monster Reincarnation shouldn't be used unless you're running an Exodia deck as that'll return Exodia hte Forbidden One to your hand while Backup Soldier will return the limbs to your hand. Back to Square One should be used in the same deck Convulsion and Ominious Fortune Telling should be in. Messenger of Peace should only be used in a stalling deck such as Exodia or Direct Damage deck. Terraforming is only used in a deck where you MUST have your field to get out your powers like Guardians, Gravekeepers, Ocean, etc. Stray Lambs suck in comparrison to Scapegoat which lets you use double the tokens at a higher speed spell which in turn will allow you to use Scapegoats during your opponents turn. Shield and Sword is ONLY good in a defense down deck where you use High Defense monsters to lower your opponents life points and then put them attack mode, use Shield an Sword to unleash a can of whup ***. Smashing Grounds and Magical Stone Excavation are INCREDIBLE additions to any deck.

Monsters

Tribute 7
1x Despair from the Dark
1x Zaborg the Thunder Monarch
1x Ocean Lord Deadalus
1x Thestalos the Fire Storm Monarch
1x Dark Magician
1x Moisture Creature
1x Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi

Right off the bat, you're running WAY too many Tribute Creatures. Remove stuff in the Graveyard doesn't really count as a Tribute since odds are your deck is based around them. That's two monsters where you sac one, but FIVE monsters where you sac two. 90% of all two sacrafice monsters are unplayable. You have no theme for your tribute monsters that'll end up hurting you ultimately. Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi should only be ran in a spirit deck where you want Spirits to remain on the field rather than return to your hand. If not, double sacraficing sprit SUCK since they'll return to your han nd you got to double sacrafice for them agian. Monarchs have the new Stone Monarch which is pretty much better than all of them. Dark Magician should be in a deck of his own. The other two tributes are horrible.

Non Tribute Monsters

DEFINATELY NOT ENOUGH NON-TRIBUTE MONSTERS. You should only run 5 tribute monsters tops, other wise two maybe three. Good deck construction is usually 20/15/5 (Monsters, Spells, Traps) Lily is great as she can instantly eliminate 99.99% of all creatures by paying 2000 LP which are OPTIONAL. Bubonic Vermin is better for a deck where you'll constantly be searching for it to slim it out like Exodia or example. Des Kangaroo would be better in a trample deck like what I run but there are better tramplers than him like Spear Dragon (1900/0 after he attacks, he goes to defense but on the next players turn, he can go back).

I hope I helped you out.
I would like to be in a tournament but with all the new rules that makes it hard for me to make a good deck. But I tried to base my deck around power because I play with my friends alot They pretty much allways win.
I was thinking on adding Goblin Attack Force (Monster 2000/0) but when it attacks it goes right into defence.

Shane the ninja: I cant use a Spellcaster deck It just wasnt my thing to play with I wanted to make a deck out of whatever I thought would work together.

shane the ninja
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
goblin attack force's attack power is 2300, not 2000

Gouki
07-11-2007, 02:44 PM
goblin attack force's attack power is 2300, not 2000

Ah thanks for the correction I was close Shane the ninja can you send me a PM so we can discuss deck recreation I dont want to get way to offtopic here.

Update: I have taken out a few banned cards and added Victory dragon (Monster2400/3000)
"This card cannot be Special Summend to tribute summon this card you must tribute 3 dragon-type monsters. If this card attacks your oppenet directly it reduces there LP to 0 and you win the match."

Saiyan Destroyer
07-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Ummm Victory Dragon is also banned. He just got banned. Well what deck do you want then? I can give you help there considering I'm involved in the north eastern gaming and a level 2 judge. If you want a beat down, I can give you a great list.

Gouki
07-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Damn Every good card I have is either banned or more then likely getting banned
Benoit can you send me a PM