PDA

View Full Version : E3 07....lawl!

Buruku
07-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Basically I think E3 this year will be a joke. I don't know...it seems like everytime I turn on G4 I get annoyed, and angry...and annoyed.

But whatever, if you want to watch it tonight and talk about it here's the thread, I don't know if there will be much to discuss.

Its weird, I remember the E3 06 thread like it was yesturday.

Ami~chan
07-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Ah, E3! I look forward to this event year after year. No matter how exclusive it gets, I still tune in to see all the new stuff that's gonna be coming out.

Personally, I'm extremely excited for "Spore" and any updates on "Super Smash Brothers: Brawl".

I'm watching the preview show currently. Woot.

Regex
07-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Actually, while the ESA has the right idea, pulling back from what E3 was, IDG is just picking up where E3 shut off.

It won't be exactly the same, but you can read about it here (http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14382).

氷の動物
07-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Man last year was probably the best year for me to go to E3... even if it was expensive as hell even after their "discount" cause it is getting scaled back hard. Although I might still go to the GDC (Game Developer's Conference) one of these coming years... probably be more informative and more companies are making announcements at GDC now.

As far as stuff I'm interested in seeing shown at E3 this year I can't really think of much that hasn't already been announced and shown... I might be interested to see if the PS3 has any new and interesting titles announced.

Actually, while the ESA has the right idea, pulling back from what E3 was, IDG is just picking up where E3 shut off.
It won't be exactly the same, but you can read about it here.

That actually sounds fairly cool... nice to finally see a major gaming event open to the public.

Regex
07-10-2007, 11:05 PM
That actually sounds fairly cool... nice to finally see a major gaming event open to the public.
If you want a true gaming event, then PAX (http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com) is what you want.

A few months ago, I talked to Mike Kruhalik (otherwise known as "Gabe") about the future of PAX, and he said that their goal has, and always will be, to make the proper event for actual gamers. He said that E3 was really a terrible place for gamers, and that's not what he wanted PAX to be.

Really, that's where we should be going as gamers. E3 wasn't the Mecca everyone wanted it to be.

(edit, I promise I can spell)

氷の動物
07-10-2007, 11:08 PM
If you want a true gaming event, then PAX (http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com) is what you want.

A few months ago, I talked to Mike Krukalik (otherwise known as "Gabe") about the future of PAX, and he said that their goal has, and always will be, to make the proper event for actual gamers. He said that E3 was really a terrible place for gamers, and that's not what he wanted PAX to be.

Really, that's where we should be going as gamers. E3 wasn't the Mecca everyone wanted it to be.

Actually I'm hella stupid for not remembering I'm going to PAX this year with my roommate and a bunch of his friends from NY... it's like less then 10-15 minutes from where I live but I didn't get to go last year because I went back to visit my family at the end of the summer so I wasn't around.

bakakame
07-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Just finished watching the Microsoft E3 event and I gotta say..... "hmm... ok then"

They didn't really blow me away or anything, I don't know how these events usually go but I was bored. I could have gotten a good nights sleep on a worknight for once.... eh who am I kidding I wouldn't have slept this early anyway.

I don't get to watch the Nintendo or Sony one so I won't know how it will stack up, but it seemed like the speakers didn't even feel like being there. No energy on stage at all. And no word on any of Team Ninja's game plans, though I guess Tecmo isn't setting up for this one. Have to wait for TGS for info on their projects.

Wolfwood
07-11-2007, 01:15 AM
all i wanna see is the killzone 2 previews from E3 this year. They're finaly gonna show in-game and from the few pics that got leaked it's gonna look amazing ^^
but for all other games i'm after there's already a ton of trailers around for and info for them is easy to get so i can't see any real surprises from E3 ^^;

=[[Wolfwood]]=

-Batman-
07-11-2007, 02:30 AM
My God...New Halo 3 trailer...
My inner Halo fanboy has come out, I got goosebumps.

I thought I surpressed the Halo Fanboy urges 2 years ago.

Regex
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
It's because E3 is not the huge event that it was. The industry doesn't have to announce things at E3 anymore, since nobody will be there anyway. This event no longer means lots of new information and surprises.

I'm really not sure why it even warranted a thread this year.

Wolfwood
07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
I think the TGS (Tokyo Game Show) is the big thing now.
But whatever gets out new info and clips of upcomming games is good in my book ^^
There are some great new trailers of all kinds of game floating around now. i'm sure places like youtube have been flooded with them

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Buruku
07-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm really not sure why it even warranted a thread this year.

Hey, at least we're talking about something. Even if it is how much E3 has gone down hill.

Zeta_Stryker
07-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Still, I think it's pointless overall and should just be left alone. Personally I think the year that Square Enix unveiled a beta trailer to FFXIII and Versus XIII was the best.

Sword
07-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I await the APPARENT unveiling of a new name for the Kingdom Hearts series...If that's at E3. They said during the summer anyway. And Final Fantasy XIII stuff. There will be new Metal Gear info won't there? Because I'm counting on that :D

bakakame
07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
My God...New Halo 3 trailer...
My inner Halo fanboy has come out, I got goosebumps.

I thought I surpressed the Halo Fanboy urges 2 years ago.

That trailer got my psyched and dissapointed. On the one hand, IT'S FREAKIN HALO 3!!!!!!!

On the other hand, it really didn't look too impressive for being one of the most anticipated entertainment releases of modern times. The environments do look impressive, but all the units look almost the same as Halo 2. One of the subtle changes I did notice was the real-time reflection off of every single shiny object on screen.

-Batman-
07-12-2007, 01:06 AM
That trailer got my psyched and dissapointed. On the one hand, IT'S FREAKIN HALO 3!!!!!!!

On the other hand, it really didn't look too impressive for being one of the most anticipated entertainment releases of modern times. The environments do look impressive, but all the units look almost the same as Halo 2. One of the subtle changes I did notice was the real-time reflection off of every single shiny object on screen.

And i'm perfectly fine with Halo 2 graphics.

Rem
07-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Nothing too interesting has come out of E3 this year, and almost nothing new.

Ryth
07-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Basically I think E3 this year will be a joke. I don't know...it seems like everytime I turn on G4 I get annoyed, and angry...and annoyed.

No, that's just G4. That channel will do that. Often.

Zeta_Stryker
07-12-2007, 03:23 AM
lol Obviously your view on this is very narrow. I mean there were STILL great games that got announced FYI.

Like with E3's pre show of The Last Remnant, then there was Gran Turismo 5, Mario Kart Wii, Time Crisis 4 (PS3 Only) etc...

Wolfwood
07-12-2007, 07:12 AM
finaly finished watching all the e3 trailers and stuff (killed my net speed ^^; )
and it wasn't to bad actualy. the pre-alpha in game killzone 2 preview was amazing, but ofcourse overshadowed by kojima revealing a MGS4 in-game clip where he said the ps3 exclusive game is set for a world wide release eairly 2008.
i'll need to find the link to where they've summerized what each company showed and said this year.

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Rem
07-12-2007, 09:47 AM
lol Obviously your view on this is very narrow. I mean there were STILL great games that got announced FYI.

Like with E3's pre show of The Last Remnant, then there was Gran Turismo 5, Mario Kart Wii, Time Crisis 4 (PS3 Only) etc...
The only one of those games that had not been announced months in advance was mario kart. Which wasn't exactly the greatest shock in the world anyway.

nickinerdface
07-12-2007, 10:11 AM
i ended up skipping microsoft's conference, but i heard nothing special happened, so i guess that's alright. i did watch nintendo and sony's however, and i was kind of disappointed in nintendo. i've always expected them to have their fun and exciting ideas, but i wasn't blown away by anything. wii fit looked like it could be fun, and of course brawl is gonna be big, but other than those two games... it left me with something to be desired. there was mario kart, and the wii wheel (which by the way, appeared to be really small), but nothing NEW. come ooooon, nintendo!

sony, on the other hand, offered a lot more games that suited my taste. littlebigplanet looked fun, that echodome (something or another) puzzle game seemed interesting, and then there was MGS3 that just made me pee myself with joy and i don't even follow that series. killzone looked exciting too, and i'm not much into fps's. and what about assassins creed?! sony just showed me more of what i wanted to see, this time 'round.

anyway... i still don't own either a ps3 or a 360, so watching those conferences was like rubbing salt in the wounds. i just need to get a boyfriend with all the current gaming consoles and i'll be set.

Ranshiin
07-12-2007, 10:19 AM
What's the current news on SSBB anyway? I know I'm not constantly in this forum going berserk about games but from the moment the Wii came out I've been waiting for Brawl as well as Super Mario Galaxy and to be truthful they're really why I got the Wii in the first place.

E3 doesn't air over in England as far as my set of channels are concerned and my Internet is horrifically slow, so I can't download the trailers or videos from it, but has anyone got any news on those games that they can post?

Buruku
07-12-2007, 10:27 AM
What's the current news on SSBB anyway? I know I'm not constantly in this forum going berserk about games but from the moment the Wii came out I've been waiting for Brawl as well as Super Mario Galaxy and to be truthful they're really why I got the Wii in the first place.

Brawl was Dec. 3rd, and Galaxy was Nov. 12th, if my memory serves me correctly. I think this comming xmas is when I'll get a Wii...

Ranshiin
07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Brawl was Dec. 3rd, and Galaxy was Nov. 12th, if my memory serves me correctly. I think this comming xmas is when I'll get a Wii...You are joking right....?

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=-1&simpleSearchString=super+smash+brothers&primaryID=-1

According to HMV (the store I get my games from these days) The release date for Brawl is 21st of September ....

Knowing Nintendo they plan to release it then but will pull it back just like they do with everything.

nickinerdface
07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
nope. totally true. december 3rd is what was announced at the conference.

Buruku
07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
You are joking right....?

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=-1&simpleSearchString=super+smash+brothers&primaryID=-1

According to HMV (the store I get my games from these days) The release date for Brawl is 21st of September ....

Knowing Nintendo they plan to release it then but will pull it back just like they do with everything.
Hm, Sept. seems too soon imo. I went to the main site http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html and it confirmed that the North America release date would be Dec. 3rd.

But yeah, who knows if it will actually be released then.

Wolfwood
07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
seems like i might need to have a wii little christmas ^^ lol smash bros is reason enough for me to grab it

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Zanethose
07-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I didnt watch microsoft's press conference but nothing too exciting from what I've read and it sounds like the H3 trailer, while nice (and shiny) wasnt too much more than H2 with some new lighting effects...

Nintendo, eh, didnt watch it too closely, i heard Brawl being released Dec 3rd, and a new Mario Kart, woohoo, i really dont care.

The only thing that even impressed me enough to pay attention was Sony's press conference. They actually anounced, what was it, 9 of 15 PS3 exclusive games. Uncharted: Drakes Fortune looked pretty nice. The trailer didnt make me wanna buy the game, but it didnt give me the idea that it was gonna suck. Naughty dog usually does a good job with games like this. And too see one that isnt as cartoony as their past games (like Crash Bandicoot and Jak) made me quite happy. I like the more realistic feeling games for some reason....

the Killzone 2 gameplay footage was awesome. The lighting effects were nicely done and the graphics seemed crisp and sharp, even on my crappy 13 inch piece of trash. Not to mention that it looked like they may have gotten rid of some of the trashy and clunky gameplay features that had written the first one, like the interactive environments that seemed to kill the game more than help it. But of course, i cant tell this just from a few minutes of gameplay footage.

But what really got me excited was the MGS4 trailer. The details were nothing short of amazing, along with the lighting effects. The details such as the creases inclothing and the wrinkles on Snake's face seemed incredibly sharp and high detailed, especially for an ingame trailer. And I remember hearing along time ago in one of my PSM's that Hideo Kojima said i was going to like Raiden this time around, and I would have to agree with that statement. I cant wait for its release, 2008 cant come soon enough.

And the best part about it, its a PS3 exclusive, what more could i ask for?

Rem
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I think the buzz over killzone 2 is without merit, yeah it's pretty but my god does it look uninspired.

Ranshiin
07-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Hm, Sept. seems too soon imo. I went to the main site http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html and it confirmed that the North America release date would be Dec. 3rd.

But yeah, who knows if it will actually be released then. Well if the official site says that then there's no way in hell it'll be out earlier than that. You know Nintendo. When they announce a date you know that two months before that date they'll announce it's been pulled back another half year for some reason.

Just that when you said December it sounded a long way off; I remember my local magazine nGamer saying it was going to be out sometime in June.. that was back in December 2006 when the Wii was first released. Now sites are saying December 2007 is the release?

The store must have got it wrong like they did the release date of TrackMania Sunrise. Oh well... at least I have enough time to save up the £40 for the game. ^^

Zanethose
07-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Well i sat down and watched the Microsoft Conference and I still hold my statement from before, nothing too impressive.

However, I did like to hear that Gears is going to vista and that 5 new chapters are being added to the campaign mode, allowing you to fight the Brumak. And whats great is that the game is going to be cross platform, so I could play with my buddy who doesnt have a 360.