PDA

View Full Version : Bleach bankai theory

hokiboshi
07-10-2007, 08:47 AM
I have observed that there are different type of bankai in the anme BLEACH. After much thinking, i have come up with 4 classifications of bankai. These are based on thier abilities after release. the types that i have come up with are...

1. Enlarged sword bankai: this is the type that increases the original size of the soul slayer, explosively increasing their attack power. this is most common in offensive type soul slayers
Examples: Hihiou Zabimaru (Renji's bankai), Ryuumon Hoozukimaru (Ikkaku's bankai), Konjiki Ashisogi Jizou (Mayuri"s bankai), Kokujoutengenmyouou (Komamura's bankai).

2.Area of Effect bankai: this creates a limited space around the user and the opponents, giving the advantage to the user
Example:Enma Koroogi (Tousen's bankai)

3.User fusion bankai: the user gains added or boosted abilities because of the fusion between him and his sword, it may also be considered that this is a condensation of the soul slayer's ability in a small form.
Examples: Tensa Zangetsu (Ichigo's bankai), Dai Gurei Hyorinmaru (Hitsugaya's bankai)

4.Special Type bankai
: this has all of the abilities of the above mentioned bankai. the level of power usage is dependent on the user.

Example: Byakuya's bankai- (Senbon Zakura kageyoshi-an enlaged sword bankai since it amplifies the number of blades) (Senkei Senbon Zakura kageyoshi-an AoE bankai since it creates an area where the combatants are surrounded by floating swords which has amplified attack force)
(Shuukei Hakuteiken- a user fusion bankai because it is the compressed form of Byakuya's blades in the form of a single white blade that has the highest attack power)

This theory is open for questioning for all of you BLEACH fans. i hope you understood my little theory about bankais. I'll come up with something new as I watch the series so wait for it. See ya!

Hitsugaya389
07-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Byakuya's Bankai isn't a user fusion though

Wio
07-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Anything could call under the 'special type' column. However, there are some similarities with certain shikai/bankai. Toushiro's shikai is like a water/ice dragon, kinda like Renji's Bankai which is a skeletal dragon. Uryuu and Inoue fought a projectile user. His Shikai was like Byakuya's.

hokiboshi
07-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Renji's bankai is a giant skeletal snake. and the projectile user's shikai (forgot its name, but it has something to do with crows in its name) can be swatted easily, like what Ishida did, compared to Byakuya's shikai which was can only be blocked if one prevents the sword from scattering into a thousand blades (like what Renji and Yoruichi did) or taking them out before they hit using a powerful attack (like Ichigo did)