PDA

View Full Version : Introductions.. ^^

zyronet
07-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Okay, this isn't about me making an intro about myself [ since im kinda old here]. I just have questions for you guys:
-Did you made an introduction thread about yourself when you first join? What did you say?
-Do you greet the new ones?
-What's the strangest intro you've read?
Or write anything that annoys or amaze you about the newbie ones.

I didn't made an intro when i was new here, since im don't understand how things work around. >__<
I have to admit mostly i copy and paste all those i say in greeting a newbie. The welcome smiley and some reminders. Is that bad? Oh well...
What's your opinion??

Post as said by the rules and enjoy!!
I'll be going.. :mopedb:

---
Ghaa! Its moved into the introductions forum? Im confuse.

MomijiTMO
07-08-2007, 09:09 AM
I didn't do an intro thread either.

I don't copy and paste mine but they tend to have the same structure and general jist.

danie-chan
07-08-2007, 09:20 AM
-Did you made an introduction thread about yourself when you first join? What did you say?
> I made an intro thread after about a couple of posts... >>; I just said the most basic things someone would say but it kinda went in the lines of "I'm really happy to be here..." And that sort of thing.
> I greet them... some of them... Most of the time... Almost never of the time... Depends>>;
> Strangest thing I've read? Uhm... none... Just a couple of long intros but that's it... That also amazes me... >< Very long intros... Most of the time, you'd see a one sentence intro and that's it. :P

╬Karami Mew~Meow
07-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Me neither! Cause, like zyronet, I didn't know how it works yet. And I was gonna make an intro, but I think it's a little too late.
Well, for me welcoming the newbies...well it depends. If I seem to like them, I welcome them very nicely, and specialy if I'm in a good mood. ^_^

And, saying I like animes in the intro...well, it's pretty obvious.

Famahama
07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Did you made an introduction thread about yourself when you first join? What did you say?
Nope, didnt make a intro thread.

Do you greet the new ones?
Yea, if they're interesting or whatever.

What's the strangest intro you've read?
Answer is below.

Yo.

I dont really copy and paste. Its kinda different sometimes. If the poster has less than 5 post, ill add,

post a lot more and this site'll have a helluva Blast
more than 5 post, than ill just say the usual stuff.

Random word : lol, my post looks tidy ^^;

Sonica
07-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Yes I did and I said
HI I'm Sonica I was told to come here by Riku3008 and thought the place looked cool.
I like DBZ Naruto and a little bit of PKMN and more.
So here I am I hope to enjoy my stay here.

Yes I do.I don't copy and paste but, it's close to each other.

It would have to be on this other forum this guy was the "Cheese Police"

Hello! I'm the Cheese Police, and I will bring justice(cheese) to you all!

I mean... Hello. I'm new here.

UrusaiSevera
07-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah I made an introduction thread when I first came here... a few days after I joined and figured out how to add a sig xD.... Mine was entitled "Hellow to all anime freaks and geeks!!!" xD....

And yeah I greet all the Nooblets around here.. it's fun and I get to guide some of them into AF.. when they have a question or when they're totally lost and don't get AF anymore =P... And yeah I have a standard message... sometimes I edit it a bit to fit the specific post.. but mostly it works for me ^_^

hmmm you read some pretty weird ones now and then... can't recall one off the top of my head though ... but I always do like to read are the lengty ones.. the nooblets who put some effort into introducing themselfs...

Myrra
07-09-2007, 09:03 AM
It was so many years ago, when I joined, but I'm fairly certain I made an intro thread as to what I said, who can remember?

As to my greeting the new members, that's part of my job. My reply to new members is basically the same. No, I do not copy/paste. I write pretty much the same greeting anywhere from 5 - 30 times a day (depends on the time of year, day of the week, etc.) I typically try to tailor my reply to the new member's post, but sometimes, they don't give me a lot to work with.

I can't tell you what the strangest intro has been, but the most annoying ones are the ones with just "Hi" or "Yo" or "PM me" and that's it!
How is that an introduction? We need more info than that to make an effort to know you.
I enjoy the long newsy posts. And yes, I do read them all. It's time consuming, but I try my best to greet all the new people warmly (and not frighten them with sudden movements) and excitedly greet the ones returning to the flock (as they should know by now how I can get).

Hitsugaya389
07-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Well, lets see. I never introduced myself. Yes, i greeted new ppl. and i have not seen any strange worthy intros

keezy.
07-14-2007, 02:38 AM
I didn't make myself an intro thread, idk y tho. but it seems pointless to do so now u.u
and i do greet new ppl here

Elphaba
07-14-2007, 02:22 PM
welcome to the forums.

Gouki
07-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Q: Did you made an introduction thread about yourself when you first join? What did you say?
A: I didnt make an Intro thread

Q: Do you greet the new ones?
A: Yes I do

Q: What's the strangest intro you've read?
A: I have no idea nothing I read here is strange

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM
I made an intro thread about a week after i joined...
and i pretty much greet anyone I can...
I havent really heard any strange ones because ever one indroduces themselves differently according to there personalitlys so i cant jugde them being different or strange since there is no "perfect intro"....
and i have never copied and pasted because I like to do it myself and i might want to add something depending on the person....
and yeah.. thats it.

hatoko_hinata
07-15-2007, 09:21 AM

Yeah! I did. I kinda forgot what I wrote but I'm pretty sure I explained to them that this is the first forum I've ever joined.

Certainly. I greet them whenever I get the chance to come to AF. Sometimes, especially when our internet connection is disconnected, I can't welcome some of them so I really can't say that I greet ALL of them.

If you watch over me, you will notice that I copy and paste everything I write then just change the name into the person's username. Hehehe...

I'm not really sure which is the strangest introduction I've read. I've read lots of strange ones but can't really pick.

I'm pretty annoyed with people who make an intro and say nothing, even just the tiniest clue, about themsleves.

I kinda get amazed with newbies who get so much reputation in just a matter of weeks. I don't really get amazed with months or years since I've seen lots of them but some newbies just get along so fast they can earn so much in just 7 days.