PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Video Game Villain

Saiyan Destroyer
07-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Quite a few names hit my list as top contenders. But what is a villain? Is it simply the one who does not agree on the heroes views and opinions? Is the Villain someone you yourself do not like? Good and Evil is a difference of opinion such as I'm on the side of Vampires VS Warewolves, I root for guys like Edge (Bad Guy/Heel), AJ Styles (Bad Guy/Heel), and John Cena (Baby Face/Good Guy) but I boo guys like Bautista (Face), Jeff Jarrett (Face), and Triple H (Face).

I'm going to have to say that for this debate the Villain is the guy you're fighting against for atleast half the game. Now there are such great Villains such as Iggy, 4 Ghosts, and my favorite Giovanni. Not bosses or sub-bosses or guys who aren't at the end or are so little someone else is the main vaillain and not the final boss.

1.) Eve - Parasite Eve - She set people a flame with her voice, melted people into goo from their skin to muscles and organs. She was tough. She had some great music. She had great moves. She had some good points on why she's doing what she did. The only reason you don't melt or burst a flame is because you two have the same DNA running in you. Thing is: YOU'RE NOT SISTERS. I won't say how, it'll hurt some of the story. Hats off to one the best Villains.

2.) Dracula - Castlevania Series - From 1096 to 2036, the King of Vampires, Count Vladir Trepes or "Dracula" as he's simply known as. Only those with Belmont DNA can brandish the Vampire Killer and slay the Prince of Darkness. From Leon Belmont and Sonia Belmont to Soma Cruz. Not only has he lost to people with dilutted Belmont Blood but lost to his own son and his HUMAN Reincarnation. Dracula returns either very 50 years or by a dark ritual, he returns with minions giving our heroes a fight. Castlevania games have never left a person bored, and Count Dracula alays returns with a new form that's "His Stronggest YET". Kudo to Count Dracula for giving me and other plays lots of fight and fun.

3.) Grahf - Xenogears - This dude is evil. Grahf is chasing Fei because of a hidden power and personality: ID. Grahf feels that because God allowed his beloved childhood friend Elly to die. He feels that he should become the Slayer OF God. For 500 years he searched for the one who can complete his power. He one day fiends Fei in a village and has the village destroyed to awake the true power Fei has lieing dormant in his body. Grahf had found Fei before that day and caused Fei to murder his mother unwillingly. Through his anger and hatred of God, he become immortal and craves power enough to slay God himself.

4.) Krelian - Xenogears - Krelian on the other hand was head of a Rebellion against an empire called Solaries who took people that dwelled on land and made them slaves. In land Nisan, Elly or Sophia headed a relgious Sanct. He discovered Nanotechnology which later becomes his weapon of Retribution and Undueing. When Sophia sacraficed her life to save her friends and followers life, unlike Grahf who wanted to destroy God. Krelian felt "If God does not exist... I shall create God with my own hands." As time passed he become sinister and currupt my turning people in to creatures known as wells, half-decayed living beings. In turn he also has them butchered to become food. He spends his time tryign to find the contact for God, he works throughtout time with a woman named Miang to help him in quest to create God with his own hands. He and several others find "Deus" (if you know Greek, Deus = God) and his resting place.

Those are the best villains as far as I'm concerned. Noone else got my goat as good as the above. Rather it be story line wise or game play wise. Eve and some forms of Dracula are freaking HARD.

Tempest Wind
07-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Lol. its going to be hard to top that(also Xenogears owns lol). I bet many people will post in here saying "ZOMG SEPHIROTH WAS THE ULTIMATE BAD GUY" or something like that.

Rem
07-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Darth Malak from kotor hands down.

keezy.
07-06-2007, 09:51 AM
um... is Kratos from God of War a good guy or a bad guy? i can't tell... just bcuz he's the main character doesn't mean he's not evil.
ah well, i saw he's somewhat a bad guy and so he's my favorite :p he's awsome

Gouki
07-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Sin from FFX could easly beat any Good Person

Wio
07-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Luca Blight from Suikoden II. - "It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the thousands!!!! Look at me!!!! I am sublime!!!!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!"

Darc Satos
07-07-2007, 03:42 AM
....what about aries? i dont really think hes a bad guy, but hes would most definitly seam like a bad guy. plus hes a god O.o

Saiyan Destroyer
07-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Kratos is an ANTI-HERO. He's the Hero but he does not exhibit any of the Hero qualities such as save the innocent. He does what ever he needs to do to help him get revenge against Aries/Gods. Aries would be considered the games bad guy for doing what he did nad does throughout the course of the game.

GoreDude
07-09-2007, 08:38 AM
he are my top five
1.ganon(zelda series)-dude just never gives up
2.selket(uc2lc)- she is the main character's cousin trash talks him on tv and kill you while wearing ridiculoulsy revealing body armor
3.Melvin Underbelly(overlord)- a few peopl can kill you by rolling over
4.Axel(kh2)- evil at first but dies saving you when will he pick a side
5.Mehumes Dadon(elder scrolls 4)-two kings had to die to kill him

Faceless111
07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Kerrigan-I just hate her. Stupid Zerg Queen of Blades... She was worse than the Overmind, by the way.
Darth Malak-already mentioned as rightly so. He ordered the destruction of an entire planet. That's a prime example of evil villian.
Diablo-The Lord of Terror, enough said.

Eerie era
07-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Vergil (DMC3) He pissed me off so much -_-
Dark Steel Dragon (Dragon Quest 8) I hated him sooo much.....for desperate attacks

Sword
07-10-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm not Going to avoid saying Sephiroth just because it's predictable...so, yeah, Sephiroth - Made even more villianous by permanently killing of a member of your party in FF7. That doesn't happen often. We experienced first hand the pain and resentment the main character felt towards the villian with that.

Saiyan Destroyer
07-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Axel really isn't Villain. Yes he does exhibit qualities of a Villain but he exhibits qualities of a Hero. He wasn't completely with Xemnas or Marluxia. He just wanted his best friend. Rather it be fighting, chilling or eating Sea Salt Ice Cream (which Axel hates because of the salt factor Final Mix+ video exclusive). He doesn't technically kidnap Kairi at first as he wanted to use her to get Sora. Axel figured where Sora goes Roxas cann't be far behind. The second time he grabs her to protect her from the remaining XIII members. He regrets what happened to Kairi because of his reckless act, as he's passing he wishes to appologize to Kairi for that. He helps out Sora sacraficing his life. He doesn't seem AT ALL like a villain to me. More of an Anti-Hero MAYBE Hero

Sword
07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Axel really isn't Villain. Yes he does exhibit qualities of a Villain but he exhibits qualities of a Hero. He wasn't completely with Xemnas or Marluxia. He just wanted his best friend. Rather it be fighting, chilling or eating Sea Salt Ice Cream (which Axel hates because of the salt factor Final Mix+ video exclusive). He doesn't technically kidnap Kairi at first as he wanted to use her to get Sora. Axel figured where Sora goes Roxas cann't be far behind. The second time he grabs her to protect her from the remaining XIII members. He regrets what happened to Kairi because of his reckless act, as he's passing he wishes to appologize to Kairi for that. He helps out Sora sacraficing his life. He doesn't seem AT ALL like a villain to me. More of an Anti-Hero MAYBE Hero

Yeah, he was an enemy of the protagonist but that doesn't make him a villain. He wasn't evil or anything.

Marluxia was a pretty cool villain though...

Atrumrox
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Well... Kratos from Tales of Symphonia but he's not exactly a villan....
Artemis from the drizzit series! Because even though he doesnt have the right ideals he IS exactly like the hero and he doesnt always do bad when he could. In truth he may even turn out a good guy by the end of the series.:)

ChicxWithxWingsxAndxBlood
07-16-2007, 10:03 PM

God that is so true. and for some reason that got so hard for no apparent reason. I think they wanted to rub it in that he owned. :mad: :ninja: :mad:

Saiyan Destroyer
07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Sin was a push over, he really wasn't that hard.

Yeah, he was an enemy of the protagonist but that doesn't make him a villain. He wasn't evil or anything.

Marluxia was a pretty cool villain though...

Again Axel wasn't 100% against Sora thoughout the story. Look at Rico from Xenogears, you had to fight him but he ends up being one of your best allies. Sure he may have fought against Roxas but he had to reason to. Just because he's in alliance with the main villains doesn't mean they're in a steady alliance. Axel showed no real Villain qualities, yes he showed some but nothing that makes him unredeamable. Marluxia *** * ******** ***. Yes the 3 letter words and 1 letter words are so graphic they got cencored out. Villain he may have been, but not a good one IMO.

-Id-
08-03-2007, 02:35 AM
um grahf pretty much even though it was fies dad

realms89
08-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Sephiroth

-Batman-
08-03-2007, 05:36 AM

Superman: Throws Sin into the sun.
Batman: Give him prep time and he could beat Gods...
Hulk (Sometimes good): Rips sin in half with his bear hands.
Thor:The GOD of thunder....GOD.
Goku: Japanese Superman, Kamehameha and it's over.

And of course sin can't be beat by any good person, every team of do-gooders thats tried to take him down has perished...Oh wait.

Anyway....

1.Bowser: Classic, and I choose him for that reason alone. One of the first well known villians in gaming, he deserves a mention.
2.Arthas: The most bad *** Warcraft character ever. Yes, even cooler than Illidan.
3.Malik: Blows up planets, doesn't have a jaw, and is a sith warlord. He reeks evil.
4. Ridley: Because space-pirate-dinosaurs are awsome.
5.Metal Man: Greatest megaman boss stage music ever untill the X Series.

Regex
08-03-2007, 11:19 AM
I think Donkey Kong deserves honorable mention. He was kidnapping damsels when Bowser was still an egg thing.

Skeith/Haseo Wave
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I think Donkey Kong deserves honorable mention. He was kidnapping damsels when Bowser was still an egg thing.

Whoa...that was before my time...But who am I yet? LOL. Uh...There' Weiss from Dirge of Cerebus. Hojo's a freak too...

Saiyan Destroyer
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
ID: Thanks for the spoiler pal! ;) Seriously I already knew that. ID = Fei. Graph = Feis' Dad (Forget Name) & Lacan (Feis' Ancestor). Wiseman = Graph. Esmeralda = Feis' and Ellys' Nanotechnology Human Daughter from the Underground Civilization I forgot the name of.

Deadpool: I'll agree with all but Malik since the Malik I know is from Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen and I DOUBT that's the one you're talking about. Malik in LOK: BO does NOT meet that criteria. I still think Illidan > Arthas. Sure Arthas is the Lich King but everyone knows when he'll be made a WoW boss: LIkely in a future patch or expansion. But Illadan... probably never. I MUST NOT CONCUR with Metal Man.

Regex: DEFINATELY. I forgot Donkey Kong was a Mario villain.

Knightmare
08-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Kefka (ff6) he poisons a whole town, blows up the planet, and sets himself up as a God thats gotta make him a top contender. Plus he has an unforgetable evil overlord laugh.

CrimsonMoon
08-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Why not Ultimecia from FFVIII? She has a great ambition, albeit typical, yeah, world domination or whatever.

Sagat
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I add my vote for Kefka. Not only is he mad, he's not your standard "I must take over the world!" type .. he wants to annhiliate everything, pure and simple. His remarks, even in his godly form, show his usual disdain for life and purity and goodness especially when he mocks the main characters for mentioning what they value.

Factor in all the events and things he's done plus his insane laugh and take on things .. .yeah, Kefka all the way.

I want to also say I place Vega (known as M Bison) a close second. Sure, Vega wants to take over the world but he does it in a very sinister way. Nobody who resists him lives (usually). As Guile states "you either join him or die." And especially in the SF Animated Movie you see how uncompromising of a character he is, it is literally his way or no way. And his power, damn his power. He is more powerful than Ryu or Ken, and had he used his psycho power instead of fighting them on equal terms he would have won. Ryu stood no chance against him one on one.

His power which allows him to warp minds, brainwash anyone, teleport on a moments notice to avoid being hit, shoot ki, etc etc, the guy is a walking nightmare. Look what he does in the games too. Kills Guiles friend Nash/Charlie. Kills Chun Li's father, warps Ken to fight his best friend Ryu and even brainwashed twelve young girls (the Dolls) to become his personal guard, even making one of them kill her parents as a test of loyalty. And he feels absolutely nothing for doing any of it. The guy is pure friggen evil.

Gravemaker
08-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Sephiroth hands down

tddawg
08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Sephiroth Gannondorf and Vergil if they teamed up people would be in serious trouble :ninja:

Vegnagun and Sin were easy to beat :laugh:

Sigrdifa
08-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate II
He has a really weird face like he is wearing a leather mask, he wants to have your soul because he screw up his and on top of that, he just steals all your equipment at the beginning. Oh! He does those really long monologue about evil and stuff.

..wait! Forget about that! Sephiroth and Bowser all the way!

Codename 47
09-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Kane from the Command & Conquer series, he is crazy!

Light Buster
09-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Greatest Video Game Villian? KANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S NOT JUST EVIL...HE'S A MAN.

Eris
09-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Kane isn't a villain, he's a visionary.

Codename 47
09-04-2007, 04:03 PM
The thing about Kane is that he is so mysterious and, till this day, we still don't know who/what he actually is. Numerous Biblical and Qur'anic allusions to Kane's nature are known to exist in the C&C series, his name can also be spelled Cain as in the guy who commited the first murder in Human history (as the Bible tells it), he may even be Cain himself because in C&C: Renegade, in one level you find the body of Abel (the person Cain killed) under his base. Also, he appears at the end of Red Alert 1 (if you play as the Soviets) he causes the death of Stalin and says "I am the future!" Red Alert took place during an alternate WWII but the newest C&C game takes place in like 2040, so how the hell does Kane stay so healthy and alive? Time travel? Cloning? Ancient God? Alien? Eating Sub-Way?

So basically, Kane is a great Villain (or visionary) just because we don't know who/what he actually is and...he is badass too! Sorry for the long post, but oh well...

overwatch
09-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Well I'm casting my vote for The Watchers and thier advocate Manah - rom Drakengard - bloody, sychotic, evil you name it - especailly when you see them (alternate ending). In the same vain I would add Legna from Drakengard 2 - won;t spoil how but really evil here.

mujushin
09-08-2007, 06:55 PM
This is quite funny I found this as my friend asked me for my top5 VG bad guys the other day.

Saw Ganondorf from Zelda get put in a couple of earlier ones and I have to agree with that.
But Nohman from Z.O.E + Z.O.E 2 takes the buscuit for me, not onl is he trying to take over a planet he's going to tear the fabric of existence apart to leave pure nothingness. Just because he feels like it, he's a psycho. The final battle does much towards that with the both of you fighting using a space compression device that allows you to teleport your mech...... Sweet!

Drunk_Squid
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Obviously Sephiroth, because he wanted to destroy the world while in the process of becoming a God. You cannot beat that. You just can't. Oh wow some guy kidnaps some girl, ppffffff give me a break.

Kristen
09-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I think that the greatest game villian I've seen yet has been in Tales of Symphonia. Evolving from a single villian, the villian began as a hero. Because of events, the hero became one-track-minded.

Note: there are two worlds that are directly linked to each other yet can never see each other.

What the hero did was create a religious system in both worlds that he controlled for the sole purpose of redeeming his wish (that, of course, no one knew of). Being able to control all the people of both worlds through this Church, he as behind the scenes the entire time controlling the paths of those in both worlds. Also, to create chaos, he created the group of protagonists in one of the worlds and thusly the world struggled.

He was able to control everything for centuries, bending it to his will and deciding what would and what would not occur as he saw fit.

In my opinion, this is the ultimate villian. Not because he's got 340594035940 hitpoints or anything, but because he is the ultimate mastermind behind both worlds. He created both worlds and ruled them from a position in which no one could see him, no one knew he even existed in reality, though there were stories of him being the hero. But of course, as the stories took place centuries ago, all thought he was dead with good reason. Though the entire time he was ruling, plotting and scheming from the heavens of Dherris-Kharlan. The villian is the epitome of mad design. I really don't think anyone will be able to top him in my books.

But then he became a harmless monkey who was not only a GOOD guy, but later gives you points/stars/coins in Mario Party. That doesn't sound like a great villian, he sounds like a pansy! Bowser remains evil all through his days, I think he wins.

Darkness2003
09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Sephiroth because he stalked Aeris before he stabbed her!
w00t!
Wait a min.... *cries* Painful memories. :(

Khanxay
09-14-2007, 10:01 PM
God's Ten Wise Men (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Star_Ocean:_The_Second_Story #The_Ten_Wise_Men) Forcing planets to collide with each other, and blow up my space ship? Attack Fun City? How dare they!

Konata Izumi
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Warcuied - Melty Blood: Act Cadenza.

Enough said.

Regex
09-14-2007, 11:40 PM
But then he became a harmless monkey who was not only a GOOD guy, but later gives you points/stars/coins in Mario Party. That doesn't sound like a great villian, he sounds like a pansy! Bowser remains evil all through his days, I think he wins.
Well, to be fair, if you follow the continuity (yes, there is some, as disjointed as it may be) the Donkey Kong of today is the successor to the Donkey Kong villain from the original games. In Donkey Kong Country, you met the original one, labeled "Cranky Kong", and he was old and rather senile.

Whether you buy this or not.. Well, that's up to you.

KuroTan
09-15-2007, 12:22 AM
In Donkey Kong Country, you met the original one, labeled "Cranky Kong", and he was old and rather senile.

Whether you buy this or not.. Well, that's up to you.

All these years and I never made the connection... Thank you Regex for enlightening me.

Whoops, forgot to put my vote. Hmm... I'd like to throw in the whole Rockman X final stage for the SNES (blue dog look alike included) into the pool since I remembered how as a kid, me and my cousins spent countless times going through the whole level only to be killed again and again and again. Fun times tho.

winry039
09-15-2007, 09:44 AM
to me it would have to be sephiroth from final fanatsy

ParaParaJMo
09-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Wow so many to list

Liquid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Volgin (Metal Gear Solid 3)
M. Bison (Street Fighter II)
Gill (Street Fighter III)
Ricardo Martinez (Hajime no Ippo 2 Victorious Road)
Saya (Namco X Capcom)
Gouki/Akuma (Street Fighter II)
The cops (Grand Theft Auto)
Afronova SSR Double (Dance Dance Revolution, YEAH I'M COUNTING THIS!)
King Hippo (Punch Out)
Mike Tyson (Punch Out)
Rugal B (King of Fighters 98(99 on Dreamcast))
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6)
Lavos (Chrono Trigger)
Ozzi (Chrono Trigger)
Falcon (Chrono Trigger)
Bowser (Mario)
Wario (Mario)
Bowser's kids (Mario 3 and Mario World)

Kuga
09-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Just as I predicted.. most people say Sephiroth, heh. Yeah I'll agree that he was an evil bastard..

but personally, I favor other villains such as:

-Ganon (Zelda: A Link to the Past), he was a master of evil.

That's pretty much what I can think of right now.

CyraXZero
09-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Nightmare from the soul calibur series! i mean damn! he's awesome^^ and he becomes night terror ^^

-Batman-
09-18-2007, 06:35 PM
After leveling a Warlock on WoW to 20...
The greatest video game villians EVER in the history of gaming.

The Murloc Swarm.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Murloc

Murlocs, a creature with such a large Aggro radius, you could be in Darnassus, and a Murloc from Westfall would still aggro on you. When you're a lower level, and you're by yourself wandering around questing...The WORST thing to hear...
"Blagragagagargargggaggergg"

SexyLilSeaOtter
09-19-2007, 01:43 AM
i would have to concur eve prom parasite eve is very villains but id have to say Albert Wesker from the Resident Evil Franchise is more villainy

Eris
09-19-2007, 01:47 AM
SHODAN. I can't believe nobody has mentioned SHODAN?! Pfft... philistines.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Kafka. Because he is awesome.

Also, Magic Emperor from Lunar:SSSC, just because he has great voice acting. And that his evil plot mostly revolves around capturing a female teenage avatar of Lunar's god, brainwashing her, making her dress like a skank, and then stealing her power. In that order.

-Batman-
09-19-2007, 03:44 AM
SHODAN. I can't believe nobody has mentioned SHODAN?! Pfft... philistines.

Eris, I think only...20 people tops on this forum have even heard of System Shock, let alone played it.

And thats terrible.

Eris
09-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Eris, I think only...20 people tops on this forum have even heard of System Shock, let alone played it.

And thats terrible.

It's a crime against... everything!

Gaarademon
09-19-2007, 10:43 AM
M bison from street fighter what about him he's an A-Hole even though i always played as him

BiggSam
09-19-2007, 11:29 AM

well since we're doing retro games...the Galaxians. One Word...EVIL! okay maybe two...Unbeatably EVIL!!!!
also sinistar...I can't beat it...ARGH!!!

Flame_Hazed27
09-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Bowser and Ganondorf no question

VardomTheDark
09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Sephiroth from FF7, Albedo from the XenoSaga series, and Broly.

Why
----
Sephiroth-He killed one of the most loved female characters in the game. The worst part of killing Aeris, she was defenseless and her back was turned.

Albedo- the guy blew up his own head on a daily basis and killed 100's of one hundred series. If you dont know what a one hundred series is they are little girl realians.

Broly-Killed plants from the time he was able to fight and killed his own father. He almost wiped out the entire south galaxy. He is the most evil person i can think of.