View Full Version : left paddle's sigs

Petrol Gas
07-04-2007, 01:06 AM
I just thought, since I wanna make more of these, I should make a sig thread.
Most of these are made with The Gimp and aren't that special.

This first one was just a joke sig and I put it together in a few minutes

This next one was just a koi kaze set, but it took me, like, four hours...

This last one I just finished, it's part of a Full Moon wo Sagashite set, and it took me part of two days...

I've been having trouble with backgrounds, and I just started experimenting with lines.
So tell me what you think. Any criticism would be helpful.

07-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Finally.. made here.
Comments, comments..
Your current sig looks adorably yellow i mean good.
Adding more effects would be good.
Anyways, Keep it up and posts lots... [o___o' adult? j/k]

07-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I like the Koi Kaze set. Especially the sig. The reflections are very nice (layering?).

I think the backgrounds are fine. The lines look good actually.

07-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Well I have absolutely no experience with GIMP but if you wanted to add more detail to your background, just throw in some more layers with appropriate c4ds [However, maybe a random background image would be more suitable to the third signature]. Experiment with the filters available and the blending modes too.

Have fun XD.

07-04-2007, 10:25 AM
I agree with Momiji...

As for the comments,you second sig is just adorable,it's so cute^^
As for the third one,it's really good,perhaps too bright,but good anyway...

Petrol Gas
07-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh, wow. Thanks for the advice everyone, Especially momiji's help. I found a sig tutorial on the web, that gave me more Ideas. I didn't even try to do what they did though. This features no anime so, sorry. I still like it though.

Comments, and criticism please...!

07-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Hm,the new sig...
It's not bad,but that square where is your name is definitely what's not needed here...
Other than that is good,but you might wanna try balancing the sig colors a bit more,and you'll do just fine...

07-04-2007, 06:43 PM
The Gray square gets in the way, but it's good.Better than what I can probaly do <_<

07-04-2007, 06:49 PM
The last sig is not your best the blue and red stripes set it off I think. But I do like it. All the other ones are awesome though.

07-05-2007, 07:06 AM
New siggy..!
Yep! Yep! Got to agree with them about the gray square in the side, but it definitely look cool with the random effect in the background.
Keep it up!

07-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Yeah I am going to agree with the general consensus with regards to that gray box. The rest of the signature is pretty eye catching ^__^.

07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I like it but the grey box looks a little out of place. Maybe if it was smaller?

(See ya in ten days! Have fun!)

Petrol Gas
07-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Okay, so I was gone for ten days without the internet and I only had four images to work with so here's what I got.

The first one is called "Why?" No, it's not funny so don't ask (the serious look on my face right now could break stone). It features a piece of a Cowboy Bebop pic that I had on hand. Personally I don't like the sig overall. I was still playing with the filters here and it was hard to make the color picture fit in, and still look like the picture it was supposed to. The "W" spazzed on me though...

And this last one I ended up doing three seperate times. Each time my computer shut off before I could save so I finally stopped with all the dazzly effects I had. The original was also based on Blossom from PPZ and not Bubbles. It's based on a sig tutorial by vision.

Any comments would be appreciated and also any compliments...thanks^_^!!

07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Ah,here they are!

The first one,WHY is good in some way...
That picture is great for sig,but they might be a little too much of white color...
But I like it,believe it or not ^_^
Second one,BUBBLES is better...
Good balanced,but again that square is looking straight out of the sig...
I hope you know what I'm saying,since I dunno how to explain better...
Both are deserving rating of 8/10 by my opinion...
You're improving,that's good!
Oh,and glad to have you back!!!

07-16-2007, 11:57 PM
I like the set that u r currently using. it's a bit plain but good. and the one that says Bubbles is cool too, that one isn't as plain. i think after u get the hang of it u will get better

07-16-2007, 11:58 PM
I have no experience with gimp but when I read it I did chuckle lol. I use paintshop pro, the only advice I can give is use more layers, try blending, experiment with transparency and things like that. If you're stuck on backgrounds a simple gradient often does the trick quite well.

(User Bar property of Blaze Imaging Inc)
You have the key image, nice use of a colour scale, a background gradient and that cool little light transparency thing which I have forgotten the name of.

I like the koi kaze sig the best ^_^

Mira Kaiba
07-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Cool, I especially love the Bubbles sig. It's so cute! ^.^ It came out really nice. I liked the cowboy beebop one too, but it could have used some color - maybe some dark red overlay or something. Anyway, awesome sigs overall - keep posting your awesome work! XD

Petrol Gas
07-17-2007, 10:47 AM
So here's something I just put together. Originally I thought I wanted to imitate an [unlimited] sig, but then I changed my mind. I finally got the flare tool working right (GIMP is a cheap editor...), and that's why I think this turned out so good. Hate the colors though...

Maybe I'll make it a set...

EDIT-- Spaze. I forgot to thank everybody for posting.
Thanks for the comments Hamashimura (really helpful), Saiyuko (Also very helpful), Momiji, Zyronet (Child...), Vampire (for some encouragement), Mira Kaiba (didn't know they were that good), Mini_Twilight (cakes you say?), Jechocochan (nice), and anyone else who commented (that I can't remember off hand)!
Super helpful and really nice, thanks!

07-18-2007, 03:44 AM
That has got to be your best one so far ^_^ there's gradient and light bar!! Layering is awesome too!!

07-18-2007, 08:45 AM
You're getting better adult one. The last one would be a sign of a huge improvement. About the bubbles one, you like putting the rectangle thingy..
[child..? o__O'] you... adult.!
Keep it up!

07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh that one is a good one. You did it on gimp? I just get a mess when I use gimp. It's very bright. Do you like yellow by any chance?

Petrol Gas
07-19-2007, 11:06 AM
@Mini-Thanks for the help...
@Zyronet - #_# probably looks better through younger eyes...
@jechocochan- Thanks for the comment

So here are two that I put together today:
This first one I did late last night. It started with a Tokyo Mew Mew theme, but I decided to try some new things. It ended up with a background that I didn't like and some odd blending, so I cleared it up. I still don't like it that much, cause it looks just like the last one...

This next one I made in compensation for all of my work. It seemed like I was making progress until now, but I made this in the hopes of stumbling across a new trick... I did.

I'm gonna start shooting for a better background than just a gradient... or a solid color. Any criticism would be helpful, And any comments as well. Thanks.

Mira Kaiba
07-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Cool, your backgrounds are getting much much better. I like the dot pattern on the pudding one, and I must say that I agree that the one you used the flare with is your best one. It came out awesome! ^^

07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
ooo I like how you've used the spots to make it look like the gradient has changed, that's uber cool. You need to move on to colours other than yellow lol, good use of layering and transparency.

I hate ipods >_<

I propose a challenge... make a Vampire Hunter D sig :P

Edit: challenge put on hold until I can get some decent pictures.

07-20-2007, 05:17 AM
I like the Tokyo Mew Mew one. The dots are very nice. I like dots. I still say you like yellow though. But that's good. Yellow is a good colour for that one.

I think the green one is fun for some reason. No idea why. That's about it. Until next sig!

07-20-2007, 05:31 AM
So here's something I just put together. Originally I thought I wanted to imitate an >> [unlimited] << sig, but then I changed my mind. I finally got the flare tool working right (GIMP is a cheap editor...), and that's why I think this turned out so good. Hate the colors though...

Maybe I'll make it a set...

>:3 AWESOME! i like the circles thing on the right XD though your Username is a bit hard to read. and also try adding some darker borders ^^ But still its pretty good! (IMO) Keep em coming ^^

07-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Ah,lpg,you were busy while I was not looking ^_^
Let me notice that you're improving,and with great speed too!
Congratulations,you seem like a quick learner...
Anyway,time to comments:
The first one,with bubbles...
I'm afraid that I'm without words...This one is beautiful!!!
Great colors,and it is well balanced,I love it...
It would be great for a set,and let me notice how this is one of the greatest sigs you've created by now...
My rating would be pure 10/10

Everybody loves...umm...pudding?
It is one of my favorite deserts ^_^
This one is pretty good too,also good coloring (you seem to like green alot),but still can't beat the first one XD
Great improvement,and the square is definitely not missing^^
Rating for this one is also 10/10

Play me...hmm...
This one was really step back for you (no offense),but it's still good looking...
You should definitely use some background except colors,but you're doing fine like this too...
Anyway,rating: 9/10

Keep on improving,and keep up the great work...

NOTE:You really don't read all pages in admirations confessional?
I am one of the secret admirers ^_^

07-20-2007, 06:17 AM
new ones..
The tokyo mew mew, it looks.. simple.?
And also like mini said, why not try new colors.. you like yellow huh? [adult..!]
The dots and circle effects are cool, but try more and new effects, if you can.
Anyways.. Keep it up!!

Petrol Gas
07-21-2007, 02:32 AM
YAY!! This is like a super update, because these are the first two sigs (in a week) that I've really enjoyed making:

So the first one is for Mini_Twilight. Sorry Mini, I tried to do something cool with Aston Villa, but without players all I could do was mush something together.

So the next one is my new set!! I seriously had a breakthrough with the text background. I love it alot. It features Kaname Chidori from Koi Kaze, and the beauty of this set goes directly to the makers of that show. <3!!

BTW, thanks alot [Unlimited] and Hama. I used some of your advice in the Kaname set. Also, Jecho and Mini, thanks for commenting (I really appreciate it)! @Zyronet(Child!#_#) I felt the same way about the pudding sig. Oh well...

07-21-2007, 03:39 AM
In both sets the colours go together really well! um that's it. I can offer no advice. (I messed with the filters and scripts yesterday!)

07-21-2007, 06:48 AM
I really like your new set. He's a guy or she's a girl? I'm bad at guessing. Your extractions are good, but i think i see some white lines there. [tiny white lines..]
The text background is cool. And is getting better.. Yay! no yellow? Ahaha.. kidding..
Keep it up! adult one..!

07-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Your new set is generally awesome...
I love it,and that is definitely one of your finest work by now,beside that other sig,with bubbles...
Great improvement,and definitely good background...
Keep them coming ^_^

07-22-2007, 04:33 AM
I rather like the Aston Villa sig, it's simple yet effective which means it would make a good banner (or a good print for a t-shirt).

The Kaname sig is pretty good too, loving the colours and the text background. You have progressed well young grasshopper.

shougo amakousa
07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
You've learnt a lot.The set you are using now ,its done very well and I love it for being so simple yet good.Keep up the good work^_^

Petrol Gas
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Hooray! An update!! Okay so here are my next two sigs. I did them on a binge of productivity that occurred in the middle of nowhere on a tuesday.

This first one has and Elfen Lied theme. I tried something else at first and ended up extracting an extra picture, but then I figured out what I wanted to do. It's got a lot of crazy stuff I never tried before in it. Lots of layers. I know it's blurry, but it looks great in the black theme for AF.

And this next one is something I put together immediately after the last one. It's based on a Naruto character, and I don't really watch that. It's simple, but it's still got a nice feel to it.

Any comments or criticism would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks Jecho, Hama, Mini and Shougo for your comments! @zyronet: I noticed that too, I should have retouched the cut. ()

07-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, The first sig definitely looks like a party! lol
The Sakura one looks a little empty in the center though. Maybe you should move Sakura a little to the left. But I like simple sigs. Good job. ^^

07-24-2007, 11:00 PM
The Elfen Lied one looks pretty chaotic, which fits in so well with the series. It looks awesome, except for the text on the right which is a wee bit too transparent. But otherwise, it's a very hectic sig!

I agree with Assasin on the Sakura one, it does look a bit empty. And what's with that weird rectangle on the bottom right hand corner? (Am I the only one who sees it? lol)

07-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Ah,Elfen Lied one...
Good,good,bit chaotic,but good...
Hmm,txt is kinda hard to read too...

Other one,Sakura Haruno...
Well,there's that square again which is one big step back for you...
Center looks empty indeed,may I suggest some background behind bubbles?
In general,first one is good,but the Sakura one...
Oh well...

07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
The Elfen Lied, like Hamashimura and Mini said. It look chaotic. Though in my point i find it yep.. blurry. I can't read the text. [im sleepy]

The Sakura one, I do see the square again. How about adding more into the background? ^^
But its ok. Keep it up..! [adult piggy..! >__>]

Mira Kaiba
07-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Cool, more sigs! I like the Koi Kaze one the best - the colors are blended really nicely. I also like the Elfien Lied one, though you might want to get rid of some of the colors on the face so that it can be seen more easily. Keep posting! ^.^

Petrol Gas
07-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Here's two more I made today.

This first one I like. It's based on a scene from the show Scrapped Princess. Although I found the show dissatisfying, this sig is one of my favorites. I used some vectoring, which I learned from MaruDashi, and some older stuff I knew about the GIMP.

This one is based on the first episode of Speed Grapher. Unlike most of my sigs, this one lost it's direction and I became very bewildered. Fortunately I pulled it together and made it work.

Any Comments or Criticism would be really helpful!

@Assasin-Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.
@Mini & Hama- I see you spotted the square. If you look closely you might be able to see why I put it there...
@Zyronet & Kiba- Thanks for the help, and for commenting!

07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
new ones..
Scrapped Princess..
Its pretty nice, but i find the words from the eye kinda strange.
Speed Grapher..
Though it look simple. Its good.

Keep it up! Adult one.

07-30-2007, 04:44 AM
The first one,Scraped Princess is sweet,but the words in her eyes are odd...
I may not be the one to say this,but here you might be needing some better background...
No offense ofcourse...
Second one,better,but this things where the words are does not fit into sig...
Coloring is nice,I like the fade-away effect,and the left side of sig is generally awesome(with jap letters,left side of the paper with words)...
Keep up!

07-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Scrapped Princess: It is kind of weird looking with the e in her eye... But I like the colours!

All of the other three look good to me!

07-31-2007, 12:03 AM
Ok so I'm back and I have decided that I don't like the Scrapped Princess one but I do like the Speed Grapher one.

Oh and I'm completely scrapping that challenge, there aren't that many good quality pictures which means I'd have to make screencaps and I know that I'd get wrapped up in the movie and forget to make them *sweat drop*

Petrol Gas
08-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Okay, update. These two sigs are both based on scrapped princess. I didn't have a very good extract to start with but I tried to make it work several ways. It was a harder to make both of these because of the bad start I had with both. I think I pulled through to make something though. I took two different directions though, it's odd to describe...

This one I made over the past two days. It's vivid. I tried to blend the foreground and the background of the image a little (I made it hard to see the difference)... I don't know how it turned out... Feature: Sharpening

This next one is actually the same image. It's just where I stopped at a different stage in the process of making it. Feature: smudging

Thanks everyone for commenting.
Any comments or Criticism would be really helpful.

EDIT-- Here's the last stuff I worked on today. It's a new set for me. I won't be changing it though, since I've only had this one for 11 days... I'll swap it out later or something...
It's better because it's so simple. I made complex ones for a while, but I think I prefer this more than that.

08-01-2007, 01:28 PM

The first one would have looked better if you hadn't blended in the character till such an extend... I would have left the character untouched... that means ... no block effect

The second one looks really nice, though .... the blue line around the character.. is that supposed to be like that ?

Keep up the grand work!

08-02-2007, 01:13 AM
I rather like both of them. The first one is pretty cubist which is just so darn schnazy! The second one is just uber cool. (my comments are never truly constructive lol)

08-02-2007, 02:09 AM
I must say I like the second one better. Not so much into cubes I like round things better. That's just my personal opinion. No constructive criticism though, sorry.

Petrol Gas
08-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Here's another two sigs for you to enjoy:

This first one is another scrapped princess one. I've bettered my extraction process, and It' should be apparent with this one.

This one is based on a Black Cat screenshot... I have no idea who or what it is.. Featuring the rarely seen flare tool...
Any comments or criticism would be greatly appreciated...!

@ Urusai-- you caught me... That blue line is actually just a bad extraction that I didn't touch up...
Thanks once again Jecho and Mini for all of your comments...

Mira Kaiba
08-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Cool, I like your new sigs, especially the latest scrapped princess ones. Your images are really clear, and I like the backgrounds, especially in the scrapped princess digital looking one. Keep posting more art! ^^

08-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Haven't been here in a while...
Let's see what you have there,shall we?
From post 46:
First one...Well,how should I put it...somewhat too many squares...
Second one,with same image is way too better...
Effects are nice,and background is good,but...I too see the blue line,but it may be just me (I don't have best eyes)
New set for you is great...
It's so simple,yet so good,love it...
From post 50:
It may be anime,but the head is kinda...Long (sorry,dunno how else to put it)...Effects and background is good...
As for the last one...
Now this one is generally awesome...
Background is great,effects are awesome...Light in the right upper corner looks almost like a sun that drops it's rays on her face...
And character on this one is beautiful...
This one is one of your finest works...
Keep up!

08-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I really liked the one of Mitsuki, the lines in the backround go well. And I also like the one of Pudding, the polka dots are cute sice she is so bubbley and stuff, it just really suits.
Keep up the great work, okies?

08-12-2007, 07:59 PM
i like the bg effect on the black cat sig but the size of your sigs seems a bit too wide for me

Petrol Gas
08-15-2007, 04:51 AM
Okay, the reason this update is delayed is because school started back up. All I have today is a sig and a button.

This is from the currently running show, El Cazador... something... Bruja. Which roughly translates into The hunt for the Witch(I think? I guess this makes less sense if it doesn't). I tried to use the picture's own activity to give this sig it's feel. I don't know if it's what I expected.

And this is a fan button: Take one if you want it.

Any comments or criticism would be appreciated
and thanks for all the comments so far. ^_^

08-15-2007, 05:22 AM
The background of the blackcat one looks great.. but I'm not really feeling the character..
Your last one looks great.. I had to look twice to see what those were... but they're legs xD, so it fits really well with the title ~^

Keep up the grand work!

08-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Finally made it back here.
Comments! Comments!
Post 46:
From the Scrapped Princess characters [Shannon and Pacifica]
*Shannon--For the first siggy, that's a lot of effects. the second one is better, effects are cooler..
*Pacifica-- Simple and kinda plain. [because its.. pink. hahaha.. kidding.]
The sig about Pacifica, its good. though i still think its a little bit empty for the right part though it has the written stuffs. The Black Cat girl is Saya Minatsuki. [ive watched that anime!! Yay!] Background effects are cool.
The Latest:
Its look nice! Its so random.
Keep improving...!

08-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Latest one:
Nice,nice ^_^
It sure is random,but the effects are great...
Pointing arrow may be deleted,but in general,it's great...
Sorry for lousy comment,I can't think of anything else...
But keep up,you're doing great ^_^

Petrol Gas
08-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Another one I finished last night. It took me by surprise. El Cazador De La Bruja is the source. Water color...

And this set is made for the Your site goddess contest

I'm really glad for both... ^_^
(btw Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it.)
C&C plz

08-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Hmm not sure about the watercolour one, I'll get back to you. But the Minako ones are cute ^_^..(the avatar is um o.O)

08-19-2007, 04:57 PM
The extraction you used for Minako's sig is a bit jaggy edged.. perhaps you could touch that up a bit..

and the water color looks awesome ;D

Keep up the grand work!

08-20-2007, 05:20 AM
The water color is good, though we need text there..
The entry for the contest.. er.. no comment.

Petrol Gas
08-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Here's some more.

First one is another attempt at water color... It went bad on me... But the process of making this one is why it's so good. (There were SOOO many steps...)

This next one is just one I made for me. It was based on an odd picture I found while looking for pictures... The extraction was hard.

Just wanna say thanks to Uru, Jecho, Mini, and Zyronet for always posting...
c&c would be much appreciated... Thanks!

08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
The water colour is pretty but you can't see much of the picture behind it really. Pretty though!

And the other one, it looks like a good extraction though!

Saejima Kouga
08-25-2007, 08:07 PM
They're all beautiful! Much <3 to my man, LPG! Let's give him a round of appreciation ya'll!

Mira Kaiba
08-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Nice - your newest sigs are my favorites, especially the "sorry" one. The color is really nice, and I like how the image is faded and blended. I also like the last one that you did - the colors match well, and I love the image that you used! Keep posting. XD

08-26-2007, 02:01 AM
The water colour is quite grande but I did have to stare at it for a while to make out the picture.

The other one is just plain cool. On the right of the extraction, is that line supposed to not be continuous?

Petrol Gas
09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
New sigs from the long weekend.

The first one is my next attempt at "Watercolor." It's really turning out to not be watercolor at all... Oh well... (Source is Elfen Lied)

This one is just something I've been working on for a while. I had it set up another way and it ended up coming to this point while I was revising it. El Cazador De La Bruja is the source.

This last one I made out of an image I found in the middle of a search for images... It's basic, but pretty.

Thanks once again to all who posted (especially you Saejima <3).
C&C would be much appreciated.

09-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Hmmeth I don't really like the Elfen Lied watercolour, it isn't very watercolourish and it makes my eyes hurt if I "inspect" it for too long. Maybe it would be better if the background wasn't so white?

The second one seems bare but interesting and the last one is just pure awesome lol

09-04-2007, 06:42 AM
So that's the pink one you're talking about. The right space look empty. Fine its cute and a the dazzling effect made my eye dizzy? But like i said.. fine. cute.. >__>
The elfen lied one look kinda blurry??? And then the second one look good. Yep! good.

Keep it up!

09-04-2007, 08:55 AM
The "sorry" sig looks awesome, though I'm not a fan of the GOV'T sig.. the background doesn't fit with the character that well imo....

"Remember" looks nice, overall a very bright sig, but the contrast looks nice, though the contast between the colors in the background should have been more... Now the background is too simple, or so it seems.

"Rebecca" looks nice and cute.. no further comments
And the last one is just awesome.. The colour, the simplicity.. I love it!

Keep up the grand work!
<3~ Uru

Mira Kaiba
09-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Nice sigs in the last set - I really liked the Remember sig, though it was a bit too bright with all the white. However, the effect came out really nicely. The background on the second one is cool, though you could have put some more effects on the image itself to make it stand out. I like the simplicity of the last one, but I might add some text to fill the right side. Keep up the awesome sigs! <3

Petrol Gas
09-13-2007, 05:36 AM
Here's two sigs that I made yesterday and this morning...

The first one is for Urusai Severa on special request. I don't know the character or the source (I think it's just a drawing...), but I still like how it turned out.

This next one is just some image I found on the internet... I don't remember what I was looking for.
I guess I should mention, I've only been playing with the color distortions recently. Since I would like to get that figured out...

Thanks to Mini, zyronet, and Uru for posting. I originally had more color in the background on the remember sig, but it got washed out.

Also thanks Mira. I did feel like the image in the second one was bare, but I really couldn't think of a way to cover it without playing with the image's balance...

09-13-2007, 05:43 AM
ooooh NICE!!!

You made me wait quite a bit >/
but I love it =3

The other sig looks nice too btw ;D

THANK YOU!!! <3~

09-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Like I said, the sig for Sevy is schweet (I wouldn't call it goth though xD) the solid background really suits it!!

The second one is really cute but a bit plain looking, the colour is awesome though, gives it a serene glow!

Konata Izumi
09-13-2007, 05:47 AM
The one you made for Urusai has rather interesting colors, that match well together, the black background fits the mood too.
The second one is a bit blank on the right side but it looks pretty in its very own unique way.

Keep em coming LPG!! <3

09-13-2007, 06:24 AM
New ones..? Nice.
I like Uru's siggy.. It may look plain but its pretty nice. The second one there's too much space left in the left>> part. The color.. its.. bright?

Keep it up!

Petrol Gas
09-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Here's two more sigs. I finally figured out the watercolor and I've been playing with it for two or three days. I was hoping to put out a tutorial if it turns out good...

A reused image. It's from Koi Kaze.

This one is actually a .gif that I found, and I never used it. Its the main character from Koi Kaze, Nanoka. I also used some splatter brushes that I finally found out how to convert into .gbr format from .abr. Compliments to abrviewer.

Thanks Uru, Mini, Kona, and Zyronet. Always appreciate your comments.

c&c would be much appreciated.

09-20-2007, 05:42 AM
The yellow is waay too bright and it's hard to make out her eye otherwise the first one is pretty good.
I'm liking the second one better though, it just seems to make more of an impression ^_^

09-20-2007, 05:49 AM
[beware, i may be greedy]
The second of the new one
xD Love the splatter like BG tho .. no text? a bit sharp on the corners, but :3 the girl is a bit bright [imo]

the one on post 68
anyways, Nyu [lucy] looks a bit ..... moved? the BG is kinda nice! a bit empty though...
the Chibi
XD I <3 it
Looks so adorable :3 no text though......

Gimmeh more!

09-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Two new ones..
The reused image, it has this text "melody", it seems blurry. The the space in the right part look kinda empty.
The next one.. The character looks a a bit, bright or pale? which one is it??
Anyways.. you're getting better in using watercolor, keep it up!

09-22-2007, 06:59 AM
The first one's background seems a bit bright but I like it.

The second one is pretty good. I should try and spatter something one day.

Petrol Gas
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
This is a pretty slow update. Sorry.
This first one is something I found while looking for things to extract. I didn't really like it until I found out the watercolor stuff. Here it is, in watercolor.

This next one is my first experiment with gif images. It's for Konata Izumi. (I just felt like it xD)

Any comments and criticizm would be much appreciated!

10-19-2007, 02:27 AM
OMG! I Love that watercolour! the image is awesome, the background is really cool and the green suits it so well.

If it didn't have your name on it I would have stolen it >_<

Konata Izumi
10-19-2007, 02:38 AM
OMG! LPG! That is the most adorable sig ever! The animation is so lovely and smooth too and the border is absolutely perfect! And it's just so cute. >:3
I'm going to love it and cherish it forever!

The current sig you have now has lovely colors with the green and the shadow for the text fits in well. The character is adorable also. <333

I'm so damn glad you're a friend of mine. =D

10-19-2007, 05:05 AM
They're both so adorable! I love the green watercolour. And you nailed Kono's!

10-19-2007, 05:18 AM
i like the first one. it was so cute and i like that green

Petrol Gas
11-13-2007, 12:31 AM
So Here's another gif I made. I was feeling kind of spacy when I thought of it.

It runs for over two minutes, so if you missed it you might want to refresh o.O

11-13-2007, 02:44 AM
You know, for some reason it reminds me of the Cheshire Cat. Must be the colourful things (really narrows it down).

Anyway... Thumbs up. It looks very surreal and non-exist...y.

11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Your face is abstract xD lol

I rather like it, it's heavily depressive but it's so happy coloured a nice oxymoronic effect.

But one could argue that life is concrete...

11-16-2007, 05:00 AM
wah, an animation :3

"i dont exist"
*gets smudged off the sig*
Pretty neat :3

Your current sig is kinda cute!
Though, the character looks a bit green.
try making some extra light effects below the character.
but its still excessively cute though ^^

11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I luff the animation siggy LOL the one with the word i like that one best really hate but what program do you use?