PDA

View Full Version : scary video game moments

masterm
06-10-2007, 10:12 AM
what was the most scariest video game moment for you...me i have two of about the same

1. i was playing 343 guily spark the level on my first time...it was at night and with the sounds rain and all it got pretty freaky...and the worst part is it was raining in real life too...that was scary

2. i was playing doom 3 right when i got it i decided to wait until dark to play it. one time i was running through the level and the door opened up i wasn't looking so i ran straight into an imp i couldn't sleep for a while after that

Crippe
06-10-2007, 10:45 AM
hmm...I don't think that video games are that scary now...but I was really afraid of playing Shadowgate on the old NES when I was a kid XD

oh, and I'm gonna buy Resident evil 4 for my Wii soon, maybe that will scare me ^^

gatekeeperofhell
06-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Playing Silent Hill 4 at night and by yourself.

Jdmk
06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Playing Silent Hill 4 at night and by yourself.

^^^Same here, its crazy but a good game...

KeokoXxXInuzuka
06-10-2007, 04:21 PM
ok well I have 3 of them and there pretty funny..

1. I was playing Drakan and all of sudden there was this big boom and this guy was following me with all these skins on him of women his name was the skin mage and I was freaking out because the whole time he was following me he was saying stuff like " why you run my darling, your skin is so beautiful " and " please wait for me! come to your loving husband.. "

2. I was playing Stay Alive and it was night time why I was all alone, well those girls that was dead came after me and I was trying to get a rose but I ran out long before and I was running in a circle way they was chasing me and my friend was like "wth are you doing run!" on the phone and I said " I am! I'm running in circles! " but hey xD I didn't die!

3. I had to play this baby game with my cousin, and this fluff ball on it came out of no where tackling me and cuddling my character to death saying " hug hug hug, I wuv you! "....that was one of the scarest ones OO;...

The Governator
06-10-2007, 05:42 PM
In Half-Life 1, when its all quite in a dark vent then a headcrab attacks you from no where, in a dark room, its scary stuff.

Perpetual Specter
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I hate the "flood'(zombies) in the Halo series.They pop out of nowhere and scare the crap out of u.

KeokoXxXInuzuka
06-10-2007, 10:29 PM
wow <<; thats pretty scary, I've played that once...But didn't remember getting to that part

Climaximus
06-11-2007, 01:48 AM
I got really scared this one time playing Resident Evil 4. I was playing late at night and I got to the first Regenerator, kept shooting it but got nothing (this was my first time playing through it) and it was getting just a weee bit too close, so I took out my shotgun and shot it's leg out so I can get some distance from it........and in case you haven't played the game.......those things can still get you ._. it was laying flat on it's face so I tried to run past it and just when I thought I was safe........it jumps up and bites me!! o_o I practically crapped myself right then and there. I still hate those things for doing that to me ._.

OminousCloud
06-11-2007, 05:18 AM
In Half-Life 1, when its all quite in a dark vent then a headcrab attacks you from no where, in a dark room, its scary stuff.

I hate that!

I hate in counter strike when you've had 20 minutes of pure silence and then someone randomly fires lol

razzen88
06-13-2007, 11:28 PM
First meeting and greeting the Flood o_O

Oh and everything in Silent Hill and Resident Evil terrifies me

kenji174
06-14-2007, 04:00 AM
near midnight playing dead rising and a zombie fell from the top of some stairs and landed on top of the character and he died.

氷の動物
06-14-2007, 05:23 AM
I can think of only two games that every really had me scared... and now that I'm older I haven't really found anything recently about a game truly terrifying... sometimes there are the surprises like the Half-Life head crabs but I haven't run into a game like these two that I couldn't keep playing because I was too scared.

The first is Clock Tower the game is kind of an adventure game in that each level requires you to solve puzzles... the catch is that you are constantly being stalked by a crazed dude with massive scissors that tries to cut you in half and you have no weapons so your only options are to keep avoiding him. The feeling of that game is just insane because your basically helpless against your enemy and you are trying to solve puzzles while not getting killed. As a kid I only made it to the second level and then I just couldn't keep playing the game because it was so scary and I've never played it again. I did play Clock Tower 3 recently though and I found that game to be a little less scary though it had its moments.

And Silent Hill the original, that game just knew how to have you on the edge of your seat; I love when it screws with you only to reveal that it was nothing lulling you into a false sense of security then when your guards down scaring the heck out of you. I couldn't beat this game around when it was released because I would just get so scared I couldn't keep playing, I did go back and beat it later though.

Petrol Gas
06-14-2007, 05:35 AM
The worst two times for me were when:

1. I was fighting the flood for the first time. We did it on legendary at four in the morning and it was the first time that I had ever played the xbox at all. We were horribly terrified because every time that we got into a spot of combat the lights on our guns would go off and we didn't have enough ammo to make it. We kept stopping and sending one man in to die so the enemies lingered around and kept ambushing us for like three and a half hours.

2. When I was playing Doom 3 for the first time. It was on veteran and I was having some trouble with the level I was on. I walked into a bathroom which I thought would have some zombies in it or something and after thoroughly exploring it when I had begun to relax, I look into the mirror and it froze my character and the room filled with flames. It threw me off so bad because I wasn't expecting it that I couldn't play the game for two days.

But other than that the only other bad scares I had was in resident evil one for my DS because I (as I later found out) was playing the game incorrectly...

The Governator
06-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Another scary moment for me, from Half-Life again, I was probably 13 yearsold, playing happily, and I encounterd a Bullsquid, and it charged me, I kept blasting it with the shotgun, but it wouldn't die, eventually I turned the game off, after that I didn't play Hlaf-Life for close to a year.

Kuga
06-15-2007, 02:38 PM
1. In Resident Evil 2 - Even though I have played and beaten this game more than 10 times, there's one part that will always scare/startle the hell out of me.. at one point, near the end, before you fight the last boss.. somewhere in the laboratory in a hallway, this one part where a licker would pop right out from the vent up above. Damn licker. >_<

2. Resident Evil 3 - the part where Nemmy jumps through the window.. still startles me bad.

3. F.E.A.R. - At one point, I would have to go down a ladder.. there's no one behind me but when I turn around and go down the ladder and bam, there's Alma.. came out of no where. Made me jump off the ladder and scream at the same time in RL.. XD

4. Playing Silent Hill 2 at night.. the foggy atmosphere is just downright creepy.

Sagat
06-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Pyramid Head chasing James and Maria down the ever elongating hall in SH2. I found that a bit disturbing for some reason.

Eris
06-15-2007, 07:07 PM
2. When I was playing Doom 3 for the first time. It was on veteran and I was having some trouble with the level I was on. I walked into a bathroom which I thought would have some zombies in it or something and after thoroughly exploring it when I had begun to relax, I look into the mirror and it froze my character and the room filled with flames. It threw me off so bad because I wasn't expecting it that I couldn't play the game for two days.

Haha, that's a classic. Have to admit almost flying off the chair the first time it happened to me as well. I did so not see it coming.

Arculon
06-16-2007, 03:16 AM
Like some others have already mentioned, Doom 3 got right into me, especially at the start of the game, when everything just goes haywire. One specific part that was really bad was when i was exploring around, i got a dead end, when i turned around the door was locked, and the whole room went blood red...then in the room you could hear a woman repeating the same few words. I just got myself into a corner and waited. Then blood footprints started walking towards me. I just started shooting for no reason lol. But it was an awesome game to play

Regards,

Arculon

Guza
06-17-2007, 10:24 PM
the scariest game i played was fear, and it still kinda gets to me haha

The Governator
06-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone who has played Half-Life 2 will agree with me, the first encounter with a Fast Zombie, in Ravenholm, man, when I get to that part, I just shudder, even though I know its coming.

king_booze
06-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Half life 2: stupid zombies.

heres how it went.
I was walking along and I saw bunch of crates off to the side I thought, no way in heel can anything fit in there, except maybe a head crab. I walk over with my magnum and a ****ing zombie explodes out of the crate scaring me shitless.

Aesteri
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
When I first played Resident Evil 4 it was late at night. The Illumindos all were in the most unexpected places and were jumping at me. When they start mumbling in Spanish its the worst...

Chris-san
06-21-2007, 04:08 AM
Post removed due to language.

masterm
07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
aha i have another i just got the darkness and i was playing it. I had gotten to the hill part you see and it was around 12:00 a.m. (yes i played that late.) and the lightning flashed and boom one of those sewed faced nazi thing apeared then disappeared a jumped and just shot...i hit nothing

Eerie era
07-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Playing Fatal Frame 3 and Silent Hill 4 in the dark scares me 0_o
There was this one time i was playing silent hill 4 and in the water prison world.....this two headed monster came out of nowhere and i was shooting it like hell......guns in SH4 are really stupid....
RE4 wasn't that scary......but when i first saw the regenerators...they were really annoying with there scary sound...

Miss Tsukkii
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
I was like 6 years old, my father was playing Zelda : ocarina of time and went to the cemetery in kakariko village, then he entered one of those tomb... Then, a monster was there. You know, those brown-zombies? (I call actually call them blood-suckers...) anyway, when my father walk next to it, it got up and launch a very scary scream. I ran up in the farthest room of the T.V, closed my eyes and put my hands on my ears. After that, I did nightmare during like at least 6 months...

MioMayu-chan
07-13-2007, 12:19 AM
owh...so far i've played FATAL FRAME 2 & 3....so,the scariest part when i was playin' Fatal Frame 3 in the middle of the nite....about 12.00++ midnight....that time my sis came down a bit late and all the lights were off...(wouldnt disturb my family's sweet dreams of coz)

but...i kinda addicted to this game....u can see that im a FATAL-FRAME-FREAK ea???hehehe....

Ari_86
07-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Well play god of war 2 at night all alone in the dark.... its scary i tell you so bloody so scary...

Marshmallow Fluff
07-14-2007, 06:29 AM
The worst two times for me were when:

1. I was fighting the flood for the first time. We did it on legendary at four in the morning and it was the first time that I had ever played the xbox at all. We were horribly terrified because every time that we got into a spot of combat the lights on our guns would go off and we didn't have enough ammo to make it. We kept stopping and sending one man in to die so the enemies lingered around and kept ambushing us for like three and a half hours.

Yeah, same for me, but not as late and it was just me and my big brother. And also, do you know those flood that have a big head and blow up? When I came into contact with one of those for the first time, I nearly jumped off of my chair. It was scary before, but not anymore. Hey, that rhymed, kinda! :)

Azel
07-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Last level of a six disk game with absolutely no saves and the screen freezes for thirty seconds.

Amaya10
07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I was playing Fatal Frame 2 and somthing jump out at me and I screamed. It was horrible my friends made fun of me for weeks.

Guza
07-20-2007, 09:43 PM
ahh on fear, your running through the building killin bad guys all matrix style and what not and then you see a little girl in red run past you and you follow and shes gone, and bam

Gravemaker
07-21-2007, 09:22 AM
In Silent Hill 3 theres a bathroom with a giant mere and a tub in the mirror you see the room but in its reflection blood starts to flow from out of the tub and covers the entire room.

Light Buster
07-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Scary video game moments, huh.

Beginnnig of Interval 08, (I think?) after meeting up with Paxton Fettel who captured Alice Wade, I went to the open elevator door, looked away, and BOO! Alma popped up and literlly scared me. The scene after that saw more hallutionations and then flashed back to the hospital hallway and then was attacked by ghost. This gave shivers and nightmares for the rest of my life.