PDA

View Full Version : Church attacks Sony over video game

shinobi dog
06-09-2007, 10:43 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070609/tuk-church-attacks-sony-over-video-game-6323e80.html

They should calm down it's only a video game _!II.The priests went mad over a part wheres there is loads of killing in a church :glare:.The resistance fall of man is a good game.

unspun
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Because it's easier to blame a video game for their laziness.

If they cared that bad, they'd have already done something to fix the matter.

Instead, they point the finger at someone else. In this case, Sony.

They won't win.

Niome!
06-10-2007, 08:52 AM
It's interesting.

Our side me included says that they're just looking for an excuse to get this bloody game off the store shelves but than why would Sony choose that specific Church to display in the game?

Fall of Man does take place it Britain though Britain has alot of places, especially Churches.

It isn't good that teenagers in that community with high rate of gun crimes needs to suffer anymore by a game taking place in a Church guns and an "An orgy of blood".

Wolfwood
06-11-2007, 04:35 AM
this is sad ^^;
i guess everyone who thinks they've seen their house in that game can sue aswell. maby the C&C series should be sued aswell since i've nuked many a landmark in Red Alert 2 :P

The church isn't even a big part of the game. you start a level in it, kill some chimera, move on. at most you'd spend 5 mins in there, 10 if ya wanna check everything out.

if they're trying to blame gun violence on stuff like this, they're desperate to place blame.

=[[Wolfwood]]=

razzen88
06-13-2007, 10:21 PM
oh boy... yet another church freaking out about a video game. But I suppose it would make sense that they are causing a big hullabullou about this one, what with the church murder and all..

Light Buster
06-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Church people have no idea what's going on. They just blamed Sony because:

1) They don't even know what a video game is.

2) They think it had something to do with the church.

GaiSensei
06-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Ugh. Gross ><

People like that make people like me look bad. Fanatics...

Light Buster
06-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Gee...I wonder why they did it in the first place?

Storm Strife
06-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Apparently, the latest news is that Sony appear have given in, and have sent a letter of appology to the Church of England. Representatives from each side should be meeting up at some point to discuss the other two terms, which in case you've forgotten are:
1) Remove game from all shop shelves
2) A donation to the church

GoreDude
06-16-2007, 06:43 PM
if they did not freak over the divinci code game then why are they losing their minds over this

-Batman-
06-16-2007, 06:48 PM
if they did not freak over the divinci code game then why are they losing their minds over this

They still freaked out over the book and the movie. The game was no doubt included in there some where.

Light Buster
06-16-2007, 07:25 PM
1) Remove game from all shop shelves
WTF! I never got a chance to play Resistance yet! Can I order this game on the internet though?

2) A donation to the church
Well, that's good. Let's hope we don't have another outrage like this.

bakakame
06-16-2007, 09:54 PM
They probably won't pull it off the shelves without a lengthy fight, Resistance is one of the few good games PS3 has at the moment.

Though the church may have a case, when making Syphon Filter: Omega Strain the developers had to cut a mission in the Toronto (I think) subway because the city didn't approve. At the very least I expect the church to win at least the donation, if not a share of the sales of the game.

Wolfwood
06-17-2007, 02:03 AM
a donation? lol nice way to say "we just want money"
they all seem to love the money more then god these days. no letter will distract people from them asking for money, even if they try to call it a "donation"

the game wouldn't be removed from shelves. and mostly every ps3 owner has this game already, or they're not into shooters.
i can see this going on for well over a year, plenty of time to sell more copies and get well on the way too Resistance 2.
all they need to do is release an update that changes the church into another building anyway (not that anyone would download it)

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Ichiro Matsuchani
06-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Ah haah, this is just like the time that the church got pissed off at this other game, yet that time they were completely justified. It was a christian game with the "convert or die" philosophy. Kinda comical, really.

P.S. This problem is comparible with Laura Mallory and Harry Potter. No matter how much you hate something and want it off the shelves, it WON'T BE TAKEN OFF. Why? Simple, it's too damn popular; and let's face it, Resistance is the only reason to buy a PS3 right now, and there's no way that they would get rid of it.