PDA

View Full Version : .hack//All the Games

LightningSage
06-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Who else has played the .hack games? I started playing .hack//INFECTION about two years ago, and it was a pain to kill Skeith...After that, I moved on to .hack//MUTATION as the series got weirder. I almost didn't continue on because it got so weird. But I did, and I played .hack//OUTBREAK and .hack//QUARINTINE. I still haven't beaten QUARINTINE cause Corbenik and Cubia are retardely hard to beat... But anyways, I love the new series they came out with: .hack//G.U. REBIRTH, .hack//G.U. REMMINESENCE, and the rest that are coming out soon. So, who else likes/hates it?

Tempest Wind
06-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Ive played Infection, and have been looking for a copy of Mutation, but its like all of them have vanished O.o. Seriously, all I find are vol. 3 and vol. 4, but hardly ever vol. 2. If I ever do find them, however, I plan to play G.U. after that.

LightningSage
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
It took me like 50 years to find .hack//OUTBREAK. All the rest were no problem. But the games are fairly old, so I wouldn't be suprised if they were hard to find.

tri-edge ,
06-08-2007, 05:30 AM
well i think the online version great

LightningSage
06-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, being online is WAY better than a simulation any day.

tri-edge ,
06-10-2007, 06:38 PM
your right im blademaster darkmatchflame in the online verison when you start playing?

Xieshunnuan
06-10-2007, 09:54 PM
your right im blademaster darkmatchflame in the online verison when you start playing?
.......whats the online site called???

bug
06-11-2007, 03:18 PM
I love the the .hack games. I have outbreak, rebirth, and remminesence. The online ,The Word is pretty bad. I thought that it would be good, but after two days of annoying battles, I quit. They really need to bring fragments to the US. Seriously, it's the only .hack online game out there("The Word" thosen't count cause it wasn't actually maid by the people who maid the .hack games).

gothic tears
06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I love the .hack games. I have'nt played any of the GU ones though. If they're even games....>.>' (clueless)

But I'm on .hack//out break right now. I'm just a little pass the middle I think...
I'm about to fight Cubia again which I really don't want to >:-(
But you gotta do what you gotta do.

I read that you guys had a hard time finding mutation.
It was nearly out of stock when I bought it but I bought all 4 games at the same time, so I can't really complain.

KillerDragonX
06-13-2007, 08:01 AM
ive played all four of the old .//hacks and beat them and i beat the first G.U. witch was easy

sqluvshack
06-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I need to find the last of the old .hack series.Can someone please help me?Send me an e-mail where you can find one.Thanks a bunch.

bug
06-27-2007, 05:29 PM
They have it on amazon for about $80.

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Dot-hack-Part-4-Quarantine/dp/B000094M47/ref=sr_1_1/104-0596719-8543920?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1182983302&sr=1-1

sqluvshack
06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
:) Thanks a bunch Bug.I really appreciate it.

sqluvshack
06-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I know a way that you can find virus cores easily.Find the Ryu Book in your key items about monsters.All you have to do is find the virus core that your looking for under Data Drain. Then look below the stats of the monster and it will show you where you last killed it.Go there and Data Drain that monster until you get all the virus cores you need.Its real easy.I did that every time I needed a virus core.

Gizoku
06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
:x I have the first one, but never got around to beating it.
=-= Skieth is on tough program to beat.
I would go and play the others, but my twenty dollar budget wont really cut it xD

KillerDragonX
07-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I know a way that you can find virus cores easily.Find the Ryu Book in your key items about monsters.All you have to do is find the virus core that your looking for under Data Drain. Then look below the stats of the monster and it will show you where you last killed it.Go there and Data Drain that monster until you get all the virus cores you need.Its real easy.I did that every time I needed a virus core.

or u can just look at the e-mail helba gives u about virus cores and find monsters that will give the core ur looking for, most places at least 2 of the 3 sizes of monsters

-Kitsune-
07-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I dont know what you are talking about when it comes to Mutation and Infection, but I'm a dedicated G.U. player, myself. I am awaiting the release of vol. 3 Redemption in September

Tempest Wind
07-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Infection, Mutation, ect is the series before GU.

-Kitsune-
07-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Infection, Mutation, ect is the series before GU.
Yes, i know the game I just meant that I didnt know as much about it as everyone else seems to ^.^;

Efrieda Arwaltz
07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I completely maxed out my Kite in the first four games. I'm less fond of G.U. because they made completing areas a lot easier. There wasn't a single battle in the first two G.U. volumes that I had any trouble with. The Phase fights in the first four games actually took planning. They were a classic example of the type of game that I'd like to see more of. Almost unlimited dungeon crawling, a bunch of fairly challenging minigames and a time-attack mode that you actually need to try hard to do well on. Call me a traditionalist, but put that with a good storyline, good cast of characters, interesting world and impressive soundtrack and I'll buy it no matter what.

blackrosetwilight
07-08-2007, 12:48 PM
GU was too easy and seriously not much of a challenge compared to the first 4 and they didnt even have as many equipment also i may sound weird but i do miss the fear of being struck with all status abnormality, leveling down, losing equipment, or system error from over using data drain. you see that need to bring that back were your stongest power is your greatest most invincible enemy in gameplay and storyline hell just bring back kite and make him more of a bad *** not some zombie azure kite oh and dont forget the Physical/Magic tollerance thing that what really made the game challenging

KillerDragonX
07-13-2007, 03:48 PM
i played the second gu game today and i like some of the upgrades and the new features they added but the gu series will never be as good as the old series.

blackrosetwilight
08-26-2007, 09:16 PM
so we all agree GU suck a lot

niKopol
08-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I played the first 4 .hack games... I've watched most of the anime but I haven't played the new G.U. cause I ain't got money to toss around like that anymore, but I did play the demo. It was fun, looks better than the old ones. So it moved away from the false MMORPG feel and started feeling like a run o' the mill RPG.

nur918
08-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Hey!!! I love the .hack games.. and it is very interesting but still not very challenging. i manage to complete the .hack//rebirth within 24 hours..
:)

Gizoku
08-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Guh, stuffy nose!

-Ahem- Lol I've played Infection...then pretty much skipped the whole line of them and went straight to Rebirth, then to Remniscence (sp?).
I still haven't beaten Infection.

KillerDragonX
08-31-2007, 01:08 PM
u need to beat infection, the storyline gets way better in the other games, and you get more characters as the game progresses

Skeith/Haseo Wave
09-01-2007, 01:30 AM
I've purchased and completed all the games up to .hack//GU Rebirth. I enjoy the series a lot. I'm looking forward on what they're planning to do on the Nintendo DS port.

-Kairi-
09-01-2007, 04:46 AM
I have played them, and this is my opinion but..I love the hack game series as much as I like the Final Fantasy games. It's awesome! xD Anyways, laterz.

Gaarademon
09-04-2007, 09:08 AM
i only played 3 of em'
i beat the first one
got stuck on the second one
and played the newer one (G.U. or something like that)
i like the games XD

Gigai
09-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I beat the originals and enjoyed it but G.U.was much better. I even liked the the battle system so the game never got too boring.

Light Buster
09-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Recently .hack is not doing so good. X-Play said this series must DIE!!! No really.

Dark~Angel
09-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Currently I'm playing .Hack\\G.U.
Ive already finished volume two and volume three is coming out in just a couple of weeks (yay) ^.^
I tried playing mutation once, but after playing G.U. I just couldnt get the hang of the different controls and battle mode =/ I only got to play a few hours of it (because I borrowed it from a friend and she wanted it back) but from what I saw it was pretty good, although G.U. is still my favorite

Shinn Kamiyra
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
I've played through the .hack series stemming back all the way back to Infection. And while it's been kind of a bumpy road, both game-wise and my having to play through the games a few times to get a grasp on everything that was going on, it's been one of my greatest gaming pleasures. The .hack series, as a whole, just has so much to offer, expounding way beyond just the games themselves.

With .hack//G.U. Redemption having just come out a few days ago, naturally I was so excited that I pretty much spent the entirety of my night playing through it... though I've gotta say, this one seemed quite a bit longer than the first two. ...Maybe.

But... when I got through to finally beating the game, I guess I couldn't help feeling a bit nostalgic. It's always a bittersweet feeling to finally beat a game that you've been waiting so long for, you know? Still, that doesn't derail me from the great news I've heard that there's going to be a .hack//G.U. movie coming out. :) Not to mention there's the .hack//XXXX books coming out, as well as Roots still rolling out on DVD. And while I'm sure I'm not the only way to hope, there could be another dive into "The World"... someday.

Darkness2003
09-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I always wanted to get into the game, but nothing drove me into actually buying it.

blackrosetwilight
09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
GU lost what the original had, the original story was more gripping cuz you actually had to try to progress and it felt more real. i really missed the days of trying to find virus core F in a dungeon full of immortal monsters. GU battle system was too heavily based on the skill trigger barely even use magic anymore just hack n slash then R1 SKILLTRIGGER and hope it doesnt get countered.

KillerDragonX
09-23-2007, 04:46 PM
yea thats true, that and the fact that they make it so easy, i mean come on, haseo actually tells you wat you have to do next, "i think ill check my e-mail now", its so stupid, i mean give me a break, i also hate the fact that you have to be at a certain level to use weapons and armor, the first series is way better

SexyLilSeaOtter
09-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Iv played .hack// infection and both of the .hack//GU's and by far G.U rebirth was the best.
however i wish they would let you pick what class you want to be from the beginning rather than forcing you into being a rogue

KillerDragonX
09-30-2007, 08:49 PM
im sure they are coming out with a dot hack that lets you do that

AzureChrono
10-02-2007, 08:04 PM
It took me like 50 years to find .hack//OUTBREAK. All the rest were no problem. But the games are fairly old, so I wouldn't be suprised if they were hard to find.

It's not the fact that they are "old" that you can't find them, it's because so few were made in usa/uk.

=D

KillerDragonX
10-04-2007, 06:07 AM
i actually found outbreak pretty easy lol my friend had it and i just took his ^^

bug
10-08-2007, 09:46 PM
I finally got the 3th installment of .hack G.U. and I loved it. The ending was really good. Although, I do miss miss fighting infected monsters and heart drain was a bit to weak considering you could do more damage using beast awakening, it still was fun. Right now, I'm doing the forest of pain. I'm on floor 85 and I love the items you get for doing it. You could make like your own special weapon.
Anyway, I did like the fact the in the last games, you could wear any armor. It maid things a lot better because the lvl of the iteam didn't mean all that much. I have like a lvl 18 armor(I think it was lvl 18), just because I loved the spells that it gave me.
Magic is really kinda the same in both games if you ask me. In the last games, I used both my magic and scrolls. In the G.U. games, I mostly use scrolls. They really do come in handy and if you never use them, then your missing out on a lot of power.

blackrosetwilight
10-10-2007, 12:26 PM
you know I thinks it gonna be kinda hard to put GU's battle system online with the whole battle sphere thingy and skill trigger and counter bet thats gonna cause a lot of lagging

KillerDragonX
10-19-2007, 10:44 PM
no, they should make it like the old battle system, not like gu's

Regalyn
10-23-2007, 08:30 PM
well yeah because in series, they use computer to play it online, and we've experience it through the .Hack//infection - Quarantine. Not only that, we must have have played online games such as twelve sky, world of warcraft, their battle are similar to this one.(despite of having options plates placed on the screen) but know this, the company having a difficulty of creating similar version as the world as we've seen in tv and put it into a disc, the capacity was overloaded. they doing the class selection and stuffs like .Hack//fragment but I don't know what they will be doing with the class (Adept rogue). anyway, tthose guys might as well put The World into PC game, it was told that the capacity is more than a gigabyte. i didn't know that it will be that huge, probably because they making alot fields with over 60-70 words. (that I'm not sure) I think they use the same battle system in G.U. but i don't know how we can use the control though.

fimbulvinter
10-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I am a die-hard original .hack games. I literally obsessed over the Epitaph of Twilight and stuff. I can actually quote bits and pieces of it (Which is kind of creepy, I know) But it was just such an amazing game, the storyline literally CONSUMES you and stuff.

And Helba is my hero.. XD

But with G.U.. I was...disappointed, to say the least. I have yet to get the 3rd but I was very disappointed with the first 2. I wish also the Epitaphs, would have actually LOOKED like the Phases from the original. I mean, Skeith kind of looked like the Phase Skeith, but not really.

And another thing that got me was how, if R:2 is based of of the original R:1 and R:1 was based off of Fragment and Fragment was based of of Emma Weilant's Epitaph of Twilight, why did it seem R:2 had hardly anything to do with the Epitaph? That really irked me.

Okay..Mini rant done.

KillerDragonX
10-30-2007, 02:46 PM
well its probably because since r:2 was branched out so far from the original that everytime it branches out, new stuff is added to it, and probably so much stuff was added that it just doesnt seem like the original anymore

blackrosetwilight
10-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I am a die-hard original .hack games. I literally obsessed over the Epitaph of Twilight and stuff. I can actually quote bits and pieces of it (Which is kind of creepy, I know) But it was just such an amazing game, the storyline literally CONSUMES you and stuff.

And Helba is my hero.. XD

But with G.U.. I was...disappointed, to say the least. I have yet to get the 3rd but I was very disappointed with the first 2. I wish also the Epitaphs, would have actually LOOKED like the Phases from the original. I mean, Skeith kind of looked like the Phase Skeith, but not really.

And another thing that got me was how, if R:2 is based of of the original R:1 and R:1 was based off of Fragment and Fragment was based of of Emma Weilant's Epitaph of Twilight, why did it seem R:2 had hardly anything to do with the Epitaph? That really irked me.

Okay..Mini rant done.

easy most of the orgianl epitath was lost and after a second cataclysm you know the whole CC fire thing it was completely lost

Regalyn
11-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Well KillerDragon, I'm just not picky about details, but it's true the hack/G.U.become off-record original however to be original again, it have to be a pc game or else the originality of .Hack// games will never regain it's former glory again. I for one agree that it should be in pc for window as well for Mac. but as you can see they making an-almost-repeated version of .Hack//fragment but for the G.U. which it's better off to be a pc game in PS2 because they having trouble reducing the space, it was too big a geunia pig blow up (sry gotta say that XD) well I hope the .Hack//Links will go well then but it's seem that Kite is coming back to show up with Haseo and Tokio, but we have to see if there will be a game out of it, if it is a media.