PDA

View Full Version : Question...

animeme
05-29-2007, 10:55 PM
is Lee shaoran gay or noT?
pls help im a bit confused bout it...:p

tsukasax
05-29-2007, 11:17 PM
"I can't address the relationship between "Li" and "Julian" in the American dub of Cardcaptors simply because I haven't ever watched it, but I can imagine that especially the Western dub may make the relationship between these boys quite difficult to identify and categorize. In the original Japanese Card Captor Sakura, Shaoran Lee is obviously attracted to Yukito, but the attraction is not homosexual in nature. The late episodes of the series reveal that it is Lee-kun's affinity to magic and the Clow Cards that partially draws him to Yukito. To say any more, though, would be to ruin one of the major surprise plot twists of the series for readers that haven't yet watched the series.

Furthermore, Lee's attraction toward Yukito parallels Tomoyo's idolization of Sakura. Tomoyo engages in "hero worship," a trait apparently not uncommon in Japanese teen society and witnessed in other anime including Kareshi Kanojo no Jijoo, Brother Dear Brother, Utena, Azumanga Daioh and Momoiro Sisters, in which schoolgirls romanticize other, more elite classmates. Seemingly girls especially, look up to other girls who are more athletic, energetic or beautiful. There's no sexual attraction involved in this fascination, just obsessive platonic idolization. The same applies to Lee and Yukito. Keeping in mind that Lee-kun was raised in a family of girls to be very proper and formal (as illustrated by the first movie), Lee is awed by Yukito's natural grace, charm and beauty. While Tomoyo coveys her adoration through devotion and attention, Lee is somewhat embarrassed by his feelings and isn't sure how to respond to such a wonderful presence. Throughout the CCS animation, as Lee matures, his emotional control develops and his attraction evolves from innocent adoration and respect for Yukito to actual romantic love for Sakura."

mercury92
05-29-2007, 11:33 PM
"I can't address the relationship between "Li" and "Julian" in the American dub of Cardcaptors simply because I haven't ever watched it, but I can imagine that especially the Western dub may make the relationship between these boys quite difficult to identify and categorize. In the original Japanese Card Captor Sakura, Shaoran Lee is obviously attracted to Yukito, but the attraction is not homosexual in nature. The late episodes of the series reveal that it is Lee-kun's affinity to magic and the Clow Cards that partially draws him to Yukito. To say any more, though, would be to ruin one of the major surprise plot twists of the series for readers that haven't yet watched the series.

Furthermore, Lee's attraction toward Yukito parallels Tomoyo's idolization of Sakura. Tomoyo engages in "hero worship," a trait apparently not uncommon in Japanese teen society and witnessed in other anime including Kareshi Kanojo no Jijoo, Brother Dear Brother, Utena, Azumanga Daioh and Momoiro Sisters, in which schoolgirls romanticize other, more elite classmates. Seemingly girls especially, look up to other girls who are more athletic, energetic or beautiful. There's no sexual attraction involved in this fascination, just obsessive platonic idolization. The same applies to Lee and Yukito. Keeping in mind that Lee-kun was raised in a family of girls to be very proper and formal (as illustrated by the first movie), Lee is awed by Yukito's natural grace, charm and beauty. While Tomoyo coveys her adoration through devotion and attention, Lee is somewhat embarrassed by his feelings and isn't sure how to respond to such a wonderful presence. Throughout the CCS animation, as Lee matures, his emotional control develops and his attraction evolves from innocent adoration and respect for Yukito to actual romantic love for Sakura."

yes
i agree with tsukasax:)

animeme
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
tnx....

tsukasax
05-30-2007, 09:00 AM
tnx....

Np simple task.

Sakura-Kinomoto
06-16-2007, 01:19 PM
yeah he not gay one bit :)

rubymoonlight
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Nooooooooooo... Syaoran-kun is not gay. And well i was gonna say something but tsukasax has said it all i think :)

Kiishim Silhou
07-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Lol noooo he's not gay.

zyronet
07-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Haha! I never expected a question like this one.
He's not gay. He's affection for Yukito is the attraction for Yukito's power. As like what have been explained before.
^__^

Sawada Ieyasu
07-24-2007, 09:57 PM
>_> ... He's not gay. ; Sweatdrop. ; If he was, we would KNOW that already.. Pointless thread. Don't know why I even posted here.

CarmenTohru
07-29-2007, 01:36 PM
i dont think so, to me his not gay

kpvarophas
08-20-2007, 11:15 PM

I`m so sick and tired of you laughing at me and making jokes about me.

I have had enough of your gay jokes , fat jokes , transvestite/ transsexual jokes.

And most of all, I`m so sick and tired of your " dirt, blonde, highlighted hair jokes."

Do whatever the hell you want, because I quit.

mikadzuki
08-24-2007, 08:28 PM
is Lee shaoran gay or noT?
pls help im a bit confused bout it...:p

nope. he's not gay. if you're referring to his attraction to yukito/julian, yue himself had explained the cause to syaoran. it's the power of the moon which yukito/julian emanates (due to them being another persona of yue himself who possess the powers of the moon) which attracts/draws li to him. after hearing that from yue, syoaran then became more/clearly aware of his feelings of love towards sakura... it's all explained in the show...unless you've watched a english dubbed series (w/c i only saw 2 eps of) which i think was poorly done and made/changed the personalities of some characters. i've watched it in japanese audio w/ english sub.^^

sakura-chansu
08-25-2007, 06:28 AM
He not gay just like zyronet said he's affection for Yukito is the attraction for Yukito's power.

Kyokuns_true_Love
10-11-2007, 11:18 PM
No. He's perfectly straight.

cagathrun
11-18-2007, 05:55 AM
i never thought that someone will ask me like that. But four sure Syaoran is not gay because if he's a gay Sakura will never like him . . . . .

dream magician
11-18-2007, 06:05 AM
Nope,i think he's a 100% percent of a guy,he is just attracted to Yukito because of Yue's moon-based powers.

dark_blue
12-02-2007, 10:37 AM
i think what dream magician say is true.

smile1010
12-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Of course in the beginning he has a little man crush on Yukito Tsukishiro
otherwise known as Julian Star in the English version.

But in the movies he seems to have a crush on Sakura more.
So...maybe he's bi.......

Hyuuga_Hinatax333
12-02-2007, 12:08 PM
...Julian Star? I wish that was my name! lol well no he does'nt and i'm sure everyone already explained about that so I don't really need to tell you again.:)

Twinblade_Slayer
12-02-2007, 12:31 PM
of course he's not gay. he has sakura! i cant possibly imagine why he would wanna be gay. maybe julian is the one who likes him? lol.

yeng23
12-27-2007, 07:12 AM
its obiously not. . .

because one episode there when Yue says that Li only admires on Yue because of the power of the moon.. . .

and Li has a crush on Sakura. . .

so he is not a totally gay. . .