PDA

View Full Version : Parent[s] say...

Gizoku
05-29-2007, 07:23 PM
That Im too old for video games [makes me pissed]
I can't stop playing thats a fact.
A little help?

Have any of your parents said this to you...that is, if you still live with them, or if they've ever said that to you no matter what age.

Tiamat
05-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Ever try doing it behind their back? :P (Kidding, kidding!!!)

Ya, Mom used to all the time until she figured that playing video games kept me away from the computer and reading books (don't ask).
Now she let's me all she wants. :D
Encourages me, really!

bttr
05-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Video Games are for any age >/.Well theres ratings on them but still.

Gizoku
05-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Ever try doing it behind their back? :P (Kidding, kidding!!!)

Ya, Mom used to all the time until she figured that playing video games kept me away from the computer and reading books (don't ask).
Now she let's me all she wants. :D
Encourages me, really!

XD I have done that many times. But he eventually finds out.

My dad doesnt understand that its summer vacation and its where students relax, hence "vacation" >:[

:] My moms okay with the video game thing.

Gizoku
05-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Video Games are for any age >/.Well theres ratings on them but still.
True, but I dont think he takes it to consideration that I play games that are T or M. I remember seven years ago when he was the game addict; punishing my sisiters and me if we ran infront of the screen

teed
05-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Of course they're for everybody. But try saying that to your parents who don't understand that. Like my parents for instance. Yeah, they tell me that all the time. It's the same thing as when I "used to" watch anime. I'm too old for these stuff. But do I care what they say? No. And so should you. =)
They eventually stopped saying that after I ignored them many times.

I stopped playing video games long time ago.

Tiamat
05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
My dad doesnt understand that its summer vacation and its where students relax, hence "vacation" >:[

Ah ha!
Dad. Daddy. Father. Papa. Papi.
He probably wants you to play sports with him or something...please him. :p

Gizoku
05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Of course they're for everybody. But try saying that to your parents who don't understand that. Like my parents for instance. Yeah, they tell me that all the time. It's the same thing as when I "used to" watch anime. I'm too old for these stuff. But do I care what they say? No. And so should you. =)
They eventually stopped saying that after I ignored them many times.

I stopped playing video games long time ago.

O-o Hah, my dad is fricking scary. Heh he says that to me too ^^;;
But I dont care about what he says, its his action if he finds out that creeps me out.

Trust me I've shoved his words aside alot, and the whole dont play video game thing is just going in a circle; he says no to, I do, he doesnt care, he see me playing, he tells me not to, I do anyways.

teed
05-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Then you got no choice but to play when he's not around. O_o;
Gizoku... stop double posting, please. =) You can put two quotes in one post. And I'm sure lots of people will appreciate it if you used the default font size.

Gizoku
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Gizoku... stop double posting, please. =) You can put two quotes in one post. And I'm sure lots of people will appreciate it if you used the default font size.
O_O Sorry ^^;; I guess i still have noob qualities.

True. Hes always home though.

razzen88
05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
My mom is always trying to chase me away from my games :p It's pretty annoying but hey, she hasnt been able to stop my addiction yet!

unspun
05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
wow haha, I'm married with children, I own 2 ps2's, a ps3, WII, Gamecube, xbox, all the way down to nes..

am I too old to play? forget that.

-Batman-
05-29-2007, 08:42 PM
The reason most of our parents complain is because video games weren't a big thing when they were younger, it was something mostly enjoyed by them as teenagers.
But these days, they're made for all ages and audiences. So tell your dad to get off your case.
Pick out something he does that's childish, he'll leave you alone (Or say "THIS ISN'T ABOUT ME, IT'S ABOUT YOU"). Take a chance.

And my mom never says it, only my grandmother and uncle. My uncle I could care less about as he has no power over me, and my grandmother just drops it when she see's I could care less.

Regex
05-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Best way I've found to deal with that sort of issue is to find some games that your parents can enjoy and have them play with you.

I remember the fun times I had playing Quake 2 with my dad. It worked out because neither of us were very good at it, and we only played against each other.

Light Buster
05-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Too young. Forget it. Because I play all sorts of games E, E+10,T, and M. (Exept AO and EC. They never exist.)

Famahama
05-30-2007, 11:49 AM

Heh-heh, i did that all the time ^^ but once he figured out that i played with it, he'll take it away from me. But i HAVE a key to his room. So when he's not around, id snatch it back!

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Play Stalin's Dilemma. No one will ever, EVER guess you are playing a videogame. Same goes for Dope Wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dope_Wars).

razzen88
05-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Play Stalin's Dilemma. No one will ever, EVER guess you are playing a videogame. Same goes for Dope Wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dope_Wars).
never even heard of those o.O

Regex
05-30-2007, 06:31 PM
never even heard of those o.OThat's because most of us got bored with them after 20 minutes even when they were new games.

-Batman-
05-30-2007, 07:36 PM
(Exept AO and EC. They never exist.)

Yeah, you'd think that.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-30-2007, 07:51 PM
The buy-it-directly-from-the-manufacturer version of Leisure Suit Larry was AO.

That's because most of us got bored with them after 20 minutes even when they were new games.
Yeah. They are boring, but they look nothing like a game. Although, for reasons I have never been able to fathom, Dope Wars is freakishly popular among some circles.

I guess you could go text-based adventure ala Zork (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork).

kaasuten
06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
games are for everybody. my mom gets mad when i get in "the zone" because
i can't hear her and i don't want to for that matter. but other then that she doesn't get upset when i play video games .

bug
06-11-2007, 03:32 PM
The only time I get a "your to old for video games is when I want to buy one." I found that if you listen to them and so what they ask when your playing, they leave you alone. Anyway, I don't buy a lot of video games so I don't play as mush as I used to. So I almost never hear, "Your to old for video games". But it is annoying when I do hear it. Anyway, ask them how your two old for video games. After all, it's like televison. The only deference is you interact one way or another.

xX_Why do i love you_Xx
06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
my mom says that to me and my dad we love video games. we play all the time and when ever my mom says that i say we are being young at heart she just laughs and goes back to whatever she was doing..and yea some times she has unplugged the ps2 but o well just plug it backin and it's game time!! xD

Eris
06-12-2007, 02:04 PM
The buy-it-directly-from-the-manufacturer version of Leisure Suit Larry was AO.

At one point C&C: Red Alert was rated 18+ (that's roughly in between ESRB-AO and ESRB-M, since there closest lower rating was 15+), at least in Europe. But I think it was revised to a lower rating later on, probably because it was sort of unrealistically high.

Though, back then, age limits were pretty much just a label. I remember personally walking into the store, some 13 years old, and buying it with a big red sticker saying "18+" on the side.

GaiSensei
06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
My little sister asked if I was 2 years old or something for trying to buy an old game.... witch >_>

Gizoku
06-12-2007, 08:41 PM
My little sister asked if I was 2 years old or something for trying to buy an old game.... witch >_>

xD your little sister?!
Woo that ironic.

GaiSensei
06-13-2007, 07:42 PM
xD your little sister?!

Woo that ironic.

xD Yes! And she's 3 years younger than me! I wanted to bite her face

smile1010
06-13-2007, 07:57 PM
My mom says I'm to old to watch cartoons.
Mind you i'm 16
and I watch sponge bob, Fairly OddParents
Blues Clues
[I'm a total child]
She says I'm old enough to start cooking now, But i 'm not old enough to stay later then 8:30,
She says i'm old enough to start doing ALL the family chores, >.>

KeokoXxXInuzuka
06-13-2007, 09:29 PM
I might not live with my mom and my dad might be dead but my grandma tells me all the time "you're to old for this cartoon crap" and I'm watching Anime not cartoons like even though I've told her countless times the difference between Anime and Cartoons then Video games as well! and I'm only 13 for god! I'm still a kid!

Gizoku
06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
I guess most parents want their kid to be in a tie and suit when they're barely an adult O_o

Sword
06-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Maybe your Dad's just pissed cos Your mom told him that HE is to old to play games. And now he's thinking that it's not fair, so he tries to cease your gaming enjoyment like what happened to him. It's a possibility.

king_booze
06-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Man that sucks. I get little grief over vid games from either of my parents. But man talk to him, tell him to get off your case STAND UP FOR YOUR INDEPENDENCE! Lol anyways I say talk it out, works for me.

GoreDude
06-17-2007, 04:05 PM
no matter waht age you are video games are fun i know two people sixteen who are still playing pokemon. any way my parents let me play as much as i want(as long as i don't say anything about waht i'm playing). in fact the days my dad has off and a new game is coming in my dad will go get it for me if i am in school

Anti_Christ
06-17-2007, 04:29 PM
"Hey, mom, look...an emo kid!"
"Ew..Honey, don't touch that. You don't know where its been."

v__v

Gizoku
06-17-2007, 05:27 PM
"Hey, mom, look...an emo kid!"
"Ew..Honey, don't touch that. You don't know where its been."

v__v
>.> Eh?

Guza
06-17-2007, 09:31 PM
just so long as video games dont run your life than your good, *cough WOW cough*

Anti_Christ
06-17-2007, 09:33 PM
>.> Eh?
It was quite sad....