PDA

View Full Version : The Sims... Movie?

Wolfwood
05-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Variety has recently reported that 20th Century Fox has brokered a deal with Electronic Arts that grants the film studio the right to produce a movie based on the best-selling Sims franchise.
Details regarding the film project are scant at the moment, but a few facts have been revealed. The movie is reported to be live-action, and will be produced by John Davis of Davis Entertainment (Norbit, Eragon). Brian Lynch (Scary Movie 3) has been hired to write the script, but both story and primary cast have yet to be revealed.
EA's Rod Humble will be attached to the film as a manager for the company's creative property, and will most likely be there to prevent the studio from straying from the source material. Regarding the film project, Humble had this to say:
"The Sims has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it. Given that that's an old story, you can imagine how easily that would translate to traditional story telling."

... i don't think WTF? covers this O_o...

seriously, no idea what to expect.
other then people with an un-dieing need to take half an hour to get into bed or start fires because a force from beyond told them to :P

=[[Wolfwood]]=

-Batman-
05-28-2007, 03:16 AM
For christs sake...

Even the bloody SIMS gets a movie?

Thats it. If this gets a movie, then I demand that every Book, Video Game, Anime, Comic Book/Comic Book Character, and cartoon/cartoon character ever created get their own movies.
Thats the only way this can be justified.

Faceless111
05-28-2007, 04:04 AM
Starring Johnny Depp as... Mortimer Goth! Catherine Zeta-Jones as... Bella Goth! Dakota Fanning as Cassandra Goth!

It's about Mortimer waking up, going to work in a rusty carpool, and getting promoted! Yay! Then they buy a dog... sequels are also planned using the expansions as plot bases.

-Batman-
05-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Starring Johnny Depp as... Mortimer Goth! Catherine Zeta-Jones as... Bella Goth! Dakota Fanning as Cassandra Goth!

It's about Mortimer waking up, going to work in a rusty carpool, and getting promoted! Yay! Then they buy a dog... sequels are also planned using the expansions as plot bases.

I played the goth family when I first got the game.

One day, Mortimer went to work. When he was at work, there was a fire.
Bella died : (. After she died, Cassandra never went to school and became a dilinquent, and was forced to go to military school.
Mortimer became a bitter widower who found love in the form of his next door neighbor that I made. Jane Doe.
But one day, at her house, she used the Genie's lamp...Because of this, all of he serv-o robots caught fire, and she died : (

Then, An omnipresant force walled mortimer into a small room in the back of his house. Mortimer slowly died of starvation, sleep depervation, and dehydration.

There, I just wrote the movie.

Eris
05-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Then, An omnipresant force walled mortimer into a small room in the back of his house. Mortimer slowly died of starvation, sleep depervation, and dehydration.

Meanwhile, next home down the street, Bob and Jane Smith went to take a bath. Surprise surprise, when the stairs out of the swimming pool vanished, and manical laughter could be heard from the sky.

Wolfwood
05-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Elsewhere their kids sat playing in a room when the door suddenly vanished, leaving them lost for many days until they were found... by the Reaper :P
(seeing as it's being partly made by a guy who worked on Scary Movie 3, all this could be true ^^; )

=[[Wolfwood]]=

.Lovebeat
05-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I just wonder how they can make the movie any interesting... if even the trailer will be good enough I might consider to watch the movie since I've played sims a lot... ><;

The Nightingale
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
i think making a sims movie is stupid, i mean they dont have intersting things in the game besides having a man being upducted by an alien then having an alien baby.

unspun
05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
lame lame lame lame lame.

yep.

razzen88
05-29-2007, 10:01 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Please tell me that is a joke? ='(

Masali
05-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Heh. I'd like to see how this turns out. Now all we have to do is wait for the Drake of a 1000 dragons movie to come out! He is getting a movie, right?

Wolfwood
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Well what game isn't gonna be a movie? ^^;
Even Metal Gear Solid and God Of War are set to have movies on them. atleast they'll have a story. what story could the sims have?

maybe they'll even make a Tetris movie ^_^

Gorion1928
05-30-2007, 12:03 PM
How would The Sims have a story? A family gets harrassed by an unknowable and all powerful hand of a deity? THERE IS NO PLOT!

And on a side note, a Metal Gear movie? I don't know whether to be excited over one of my favorite game series being made into a movie, or terrified of the possibility that some imbecile like Uwe Boll might wind up with the rights to it.

razzen88
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
maybe they'll even make a Tetris movie ^_^
Number 1 in the box office!

Eris
05-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Number 1 in the box office!

I hear they're going to cast Michael Douglas as the Z-block.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-31-2007, 11:37 AM
I hold off judgement. It could be an epic about a man trapped in a small shack surrounded by water without access to food, fresh water, or a bathroom.

And on a side note, a Metal Gear movie? I don't know whether to be excited over one of my favorite game series being made into a movie, or terrified of the possibility that some imbecile like Uwe Boll might wind up with the rights to it.

To Quote Wikipedia:

Before the project was announced, German director Uwe Boll, known for his poorly received video game-based films, claimed that he received a script from Konami for a possible Metal Gear Solid movie adaptation.[4] In response, Kojima stated that they have never talked to Boll, and that "it's impossible we'd ever do a movie with him".[5] After the announcement, Kojima reiterated that Boll will have nothing to do with the project.

unspun
05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I hold off judgement. It could be an epic about a man trapped in a small shack surrounded by water without access to food, fresh water, or a bathroom.

I believe in that case it would probably resemble "Open Water", and be just as boring.

Oh but many a day how I loved killing sims online before I was finally banned.

roflmao

Opinionated
05-31-2007, 02:47 PM
It could be a somewhat surreal gilmpse into a world where nothing is constant.

Or it could be just like my neighborhood with teenage Neo, martial-arts stars, goths, a huge house in which no less than 3 families of 8 died, Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd, and some random other people who posess extreme personalities. As in, all the points are in one area. Did I mention that the public pool looks like a skull?