PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Proxy...worth the watch?

NekoTimmay
05-27-2007, 11:46 AM
There was a giant wallscroll I was eye'ing with art from this particular anime. [It reminded me of an old Evanescense poster strangely enough...]

Now, my initial thought was: it looks dark/interesting enough for me to consider giving it a watch...does anyone have a general review?

Niome!
05-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I watched several episodes and from my opinion:

Would I keep watching? Definitely. It's more than a break from most of the animes that are based on comedy or shoved on that genre.

It's a conspiracy-ridden and futuristic anime with that feeling of realism and the artwork is amazing Neko. The characters are unique and sound-wise it's beauty to hear some things. This isn't the kind of anime either that in a series of 5-15 episodes introduces the characters, gets the plot rolling and other details. The girl is their, investigating, there is things going on in the background. Guessing whats going to happen in the next scene, worrying about certain characters and there motives.

You might really like it after everything else you've seen in your life. Blast from the future.

NekoTimmay
05-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Sounds like something in the relm of "Lain." Wich I also loved.
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation!!

Niome!
05-27-2007, 02:53 PM

No problemo sucka! For responding, you've lost 1,000 Gil approximate to sleeping in the Vector Inn!

Never heard of the Realm of Lain, so lazy to get back into anime man.

http://www.ergoproxydvd.com/character/index.html The link to the offical website.

mr pantsu
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM

yea you could mabee put them in the same "psycological" anime gener(unless your one of thoes that mean great animes cant be compeard to others >.< hehe)
BUT, the great thing bout proxy is that its a really original pice of anime, and it gives you a fresh breath of newness in animes reproduction ocean of the same caracters and storylines. so is defenitly worth checkin out, i loved it an im not the biggest fan of thees dark psycological animes personally

-d-

chappie1989
06-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Depends on you, what kind of genre do you like.
But overall it is a great anime, though it was a bit long. The end was really good.
It is definetly a bit different than the average anime.

jep'ray
06-10-2007, 12:58 AM
yes it is a nice change of pace from the current cookiee cutter animes in current production. I'm on the 4th disk so far and its a neat show...

[[~Anemone~]]
06-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Ergo Proxy is a good anime, I just saw the whole series and its worth watching.There's some humor with Re-I, Vincent and Pino.

Kincho Hanako
06-14-2007, 09:24 PM
ive watched ergo prooxy.
it creeps me out....
and yet i couldnt stop watching it. its very interesting.:laugh:

jep'ray
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
lol, lik e watching a train wreak...just cant keep your eyes off it...

Moonlight Eve
06-14-2007, 10:47 PM
I watched the entire series and it was a good mind screw to say the least. The animation is good and all..but I just didn't like the ending.

JustPlaying
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Will for me i watched the first two ep of it but didnt get to finish it. it was good though the art work is nice and the plot very good and it also has mysteroius twist to it and the fighting scene are pretty good too =D.

~*Dizzy*~
06-15-2007, 01:19 AM
I watched the first episode on a DVD I got from Newtype U.S.A. My sister and I watched it, and well... Me being the short attention spanned girl, I feel asleep.
If I DID have the attention span, I would watch it.
I don't doubt that it's a great show. But, from my point of view, it's not worth watching.