PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Pages : [1] 2

Crippe
05-24-2007, 11:08 AM
So I was just watching this games new website, and I just got to say that I can't wait any longer for this game to come.

So in this thread I thought we could talk about the new characters, items, characters you wish they will add to this game.

I would love too se MegaMan in this game, that would be awsome :D
also, the new item Gooey bomb or whatever is pretty neat :D

Gaarademon
05-24-2007, 11:19 AM
i noticed solid snake and metaknight how bout sonic and knuckles
i hpe sheik is in it again thats my best character..no can stop me >P

Khanxay
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
i hpe sheik is in it again thats my best character
All characters from the previous ones are there.

..no can stop me >PThat's what they all say.

Gaarademon
05-24-2007, 12:38 PM
All characters from the previous ones are there.

That's what they all say.
....yeah but im serious >P

Ardl
05-24-2007, 01:03 PM
i can't wait for it to come out either cuz its going to be a good one this time, I think games now a days take longer to come out than before for some reason, I don't know why, Has anyone eles saw that???

:unsure:

Khanxay
05-24-2007, 01:09 PM
....yeah but im serious >PYeah, they all say that too. People who are actually good don't need to boast about it.

Crippe
05-24-2007, 03:59 PM
It would be so awsome if Roy could be in this new game :D I always use him in Melee :D

king nothing
05-24-2007, 06:13 PM
once i saw snake there, i got so much more excited!!
i know there is no chance of this but i would like to see Kratos in there.
and, no one is undefeatable, anyone can be beaten with the right technique, like the talent i posess with Samus. Bring it!!!! (or Bowser/DK)

Gaarademon
05-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah, they all say that too. People who are actually good don't need to boast about it.
yeah your right sorry i just cant wait for the game any longer thats all
is gonna be a good one....hopefully

(_YvOnSo_)
05-25-2007, 08:28 AM
I dont know who I would like to put in, but hopefully they have the old. My favorite characters that I played on Melee were Kirby and Ganondorf.

Khanxay
05-25-2007, 08:30 AM
yeah your right sorry i just cant wait for the game any longer thats all

That's what they all say too. XD

I'm hoping they have a few more than the 25 (From melee) + 5 new ones, and a lot more items. I miss the bumper. (Stronger than any weapon ever!)

once i saw snake there, i got so much more excited!!Yeah me too! Now I get to beat the mighty Snake with Pikachu!

I think games now a days take longer to come out than before for some reason, I don't know why,

Because they developers are smart and put all the time they need into the game. That's how great things are made; putting a lot of work and effort into them.

Bring it Sheik. I'll be the Young Link waiting at Hyrule Castle.
Sorry, it seems Sheik can't make it becasue she was eaten by Pikachu.

Gaarademon
05-25-2007, 10:26 AM
does any body know what kind of stages they have on this one?

BiggSam
05-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, they all say that too. People who are actually good don't need to boast about it.

This is coming from the person who calls himself GaMeGoD.

Anyway this one will be great...i just hope the moves and strengths of the original 10 characters are more like they were in the first Super Smash Bros.

Light Buster
05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, Megaman in Brawl may be an unlockable character. Let's see how superior this game can be when it comes out.

Gaarademon
05-25-2007, 11:12 AM
what about the controls i mean for the wii hows that gonna work out?

Light Buster
05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
what about the controls i mean for the wii hows that gonna work out?
Dunno. But Nintendo will find a way to work this out.

Regex
05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
what about the controls i mean for the wii hows that gonna work out?Last I had heard, they were talking about using the Gamecube controllers, and not the remote at all.

But there was nothing officially stated about how it was going to work.

Crippe
05-25-2007, 02:05 PM
I think they will work very much like the Gamecube controllers.
like, you use the nunchuck to run/walk, and the remote to do your combos and things.

Khanxay
05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
This is coming from the person who calls himself GaMeGoD.

My Username usn't meant to imply anything about how good I am. I just like games

Anyway this one will be great...i just hope the moves and strengths of the original 10 characters are more like they were in the first Super Smash Bros.

Why? You no like Jiggypuff with rollout? (Which hurts.)

Kayin
05-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Lol, I think he wants Jigglypuff with her low defense o_o lol

But yea, I still cant believe their going to put in sonic, i can understand knuckles, but sonic o_O (especally when he hasn't been to popular now these days, so they may reconsider lol) kinda weird.

You can tell Nintendo has never played Mugen before....
Oh yea, question, what happened to Nintendo and Rareware? I heard something about them splitting up.......and wouldn't allow rareware characters on there.....

Light Buster
05-26-2007, 01:16 PM
i noticed solid snake and metaknight how bout sonic and knuckles
i hpe sheik is in it again thats my best character..no can stop me >P
Sonic didn't have any good games after the last two releases. Sheik may have a chance of appearing in the game.

Last I had heard, they were talking about using the Gamecube controllers, and not the remote at all.

But there was nothing officially stated about how it was going to work.
The Wii is all about the Wii Remote. If not, it will be downhill for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Regex
05-26-2007, 11:15 PM
The Wii is all about the Wii Remote. If not, it will be downhill for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.Several really good DS games don't use the touch screen. Not every game lends itself to every aspect of the system it's on. Don't be so quick to make silly judgements like that.

-Batman-
05-26-2007, 11:58 PM
But yea, I still cant believe their going to put in sonic, i can understand knuckles, but sonic o_O (especally when he hasn't been to popular now these days, so they may reconsider lol) kinda weird.

Wait, this is retarded.
Sonic, the Star of the game doesn't deserve a spot in SSBB, But one of his support characters does?
Fans have already submitted votes to nintendo YEARS ago.
Sonic has always been the most wanted 3rd party character.
And even Tails deserves a place in the game before knuckles does.

And either way, Was Sonic even confirmed?

You can tell Nintendo has never played Mugen before....
Oh yea, question, what happened to Nintendo and Rareware? I heard something about them splitting up.......and wouldn't allow rareware characters on there.....

Mugen is crap. Most of the sprites come from diffrent games and just look retarded together unless you're fighting two characters from the same game.

As for Rare, they're with Microsoft now...But I think Nintendo may still have rights to just Donkey Kong.

Kayin
05-28-2007, 01:20 PM
They have Fox there as well, I just saw a video on it, showing him like (omg look at this everyone freak out)
I haven't heard anything confirming sonic was on there, but seeing as Nintendo chooses to "listen to their fans and do what they ask to" then most likely he would be on.

junchoon21
05-28-2007, 02:43 PM
i cant wait for SSBB ! ive been a super fan of the super smash bros. for years. i freakin own with marth and i get a chance to be show im the best in my region with a tournment in june. and i cant wait to hear what the prize is for winning

Gaarademon
05-29-2007, 09:56 AM
i hope the stages are awesome the stages were good in melee
so they have to waaaayyy better in brawl

BiggSam
05-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Why? You no like Jiggypuff with rollout? (Which hurts.)

I think he was perfectly good with his original moves, but yes some of the new moves are good, like Samus's rocket, Link's bow, Ness's green blob-thing, and thw way you can charge up the A-button attacks but some of the moves were made weaker in Melee like most of Kirby's attacks.

The Blue Baron
05-30-2007, 11:24 PM
This game will be better than the first more moves with new characters better gameplay hopefully..... also about the new characters i think they mad good selections for the newbie chars.
Cant wait to play..........................

LegendKiller
06-19-2007, 04:29 PM
truth is i cant wait for the game either. Once i get it its gonna be hell..pwning and getting pwned by the pros lol. its gonna be that good. Plus Captain Falcon better be in it..that way i can knee my way to victory..and with fox..shine spike all my opponents off stage =).

Zeta_Stryker
06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
lmao. Yeah, once you also get a hold of that orb with the Smash Bros insignia. Then you'll pretty much be pwning everybody.

Dragonshaz
06-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Wicked you guys,i cant wait for this new game,the previous super smash bro melee rocked and this next so will oh yeah,i can see it now in the next generation console

LegendKiller
06-25-2007, 12:51 PM
lmao. Yeah, once you also get a hold of that orb with the Smash Bros insignia. Then you'll pretty much be pwning everybody.

lol yea thats true, anyone with that orb will pretty much own but just like anything else its a move which means it can be countered. And if everyone is really anticipated about that game coming..the news is that all the original smashers from the N64 super smash WILL be in brawl so you'll have your jigglypuff and her wall of pain combo, Samus and her missle to beam combo, captain falcon and his many combos as well, and etc. So yea when the game finally comes out..watch out lol.

The Governator
06-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm gonna be buying a Wii for this game, I love SSBM, sadly I never got to play the original, never got an N64.

Also, alot of people on YouTube in comments for the SSBB Trailers keep talking bout Master Cheif as an unlockable, and that seems really farfetched but is it true?

Crippe
06-29-2007, 11:24 AM
If you want the latest news from ssbb you can check the homepage, they update it every mon-friday :D

Wolfwood
06-29-2007, 12:28 PM
can't wait for it. i wonder if kirby is still as cool as ever ^^
gotta try zero suit samus aswell

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Rem
06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
This better have Richard Belmont, otherwise NO SALE.

LegendKiller
07-05-2007, 12:17 PM
well they said there isnt gonna be under 50 characters so..who knows..but sucks that they took Young Link out even though he was low tier..ice climbers..Dr. mario, and possibly falco..but thats not confirmed yet..and yea.. check out smashbros.com for all the little tid bits they inform every weekday.

Venom Rayber
07-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh yeah I'm looking foward to using my girl Samus again in the future brawl Tournaments.

One more thing !!SPOILER ALERT!!
Bowser is able to morph into the mighty fierce Giga Bowser
which means he's playable!(Smash Ball required)

Balance
07-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Also, alot of people on YouTube in comments for the SSBB Trailers keep talking bout Master Cheif as an unlockable, and that seems really farfetched but is it true?

I highly, highly doubt it, due to the fact that Master Chief belongs to Microsoft, so I'll say a definite no.

Now the controls for the game can be played in four different styles. The Wii remote alone played horizontally, the Wii Remote with Nun-chuck, the Classic Nintendo Wii controller, or the good old Gamecube controller.

I've also heard that the way characters enter the stage are going to be different like on the N64 where everyone had their own way of entering instead of coming down from a platform like on the Gamecube version. I'm not absolutely sure about it, but it may or may not happen.

The items in the game are really going to be intuitive. The gooey bomb is a really good idea, but I won't use it as much (since I like to play without items). The cracker launcher just seems like a really dumb idea, but that's me. What made me laugh though is that they released the banana peel. What's cool though is the crates and barrels. Now they change appearance depending on the stage you select (such as normal on a battlefield stage, or sci-fi appearance on something like on a StarFox stage).

The stages are going to be a lot better on the Wii than it was on the Gamecube. One, it's better designed. Two, it's more interactive. Three, instead of playing the same thing over again, it'll change over time. For example, on Battlefield, you won't play the same stage over again. There will be different variations such as morning, evening, and night. In Yoshi's Island, the season will change.

I definitely cannot wait for the game to come out, since Nintendo has been getting a lot better with their technology. Check the official website if you want to learn more about it here. Smash Bros. DOJO!! (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html)

[/COLOR]

Venom Rayber
07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Heres a thought! ever came across the characters from the Star Fox series. I can't Krystal the fox with a blaster like Fox or Falco, but I can see her with that staff(From Star Fox Adventures) beat'in the crap out of everyone. Also I wounder if they considered having Wolf O'donnel, Fox's arch rival in the fray?
Please go on reply if you like

Crippe
07-09-2007, 06:39 AM
yeah it would be very cool if they could have Wolf in this one ^^
or even better...James Mccloud, foxs father ^^

GoreDude
07-09-2007, 07:23 AM
i can't wait o play for one reason bowser. for those of you who don;t know they made a new item the smash ball which gives your character major power and a cool finisher. you may ask yourself what does this have to do with bowser well his smash ball attack is for a short ime you become giga bowser which means pure pwnage

Balance
07-09-2007, 10:25 AM
i can't wait o play for one reason bowser. for those of you who don;t know they made a new item the smash ball which gives your character major power and a cool finisher. you may ask yourself what does this have to do with bowser well his smash ball attack is for a short ime you become giga bowser which means pure pwnage
Someone already said something about that. There has been rumors that if Ganondorf receives the Final Smash Ball, he'll temporarily turn into Ganon.

Dengaku
07-09-2007, 11:27 AM
It sounds pretty good. It's the most wanted game for the Wii, so it has to be good. ^^

Ami~chan
07-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm extremely excited. Melee was an awesome game, full of great levels and addicting gameplay. I'm sure Brawl is going to be nothing but better.

I'm looking forward to the new ensemble of characters that are being added; Solid Snake is one I'm looking forward to, in particular. I just hope they keep Shiek/Zelda, who was the character I kicked the most butt with in Melee.

It's going to be a rather long wait for Brawl, isn't it?

Balance
07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes it is. They've delayed the release date so many times, in the beginning, Brawl was planned to be a launching title for the Wii, but as we all know, that didn't work out too well. At least we know it will come soon.

Dengaku
07-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes it is. They've delayed the release date so many times, in the beginning, Brawl was planned to be a launching title for the Wii, but as we all know, that didn't work out too well. At least we know it will come soon.Yeah. I was really looking forward to getting it when I got my Wii when it came out.

Wolfwood
07-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Zelda's looking cool in it, but i havn't seen if she can still transform. Anyone got any word on that yet?

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Balance
07-12-2007, 07:20 PM
It's just been announced. The official North American launch date will be December 3rd 2007.

Zelda's looking cool in it, but i havn't seen if she can still transform. Anyone got any word on that yet?

=[[Wolfwood]]=
I honestly don't know yet, however, I'm sure they won't remove it, after all, that's what made Zelda, Zelda.

ShinyaZel
07-13-2007, 03:26 AM
I absolutely love the Smash Bros. series. I got very much into the competitive scene in Melee, but I don't want to dive too deep into that subject. I'd rather not sound like an elitist.

Being a competitive Smash player though, you can't help but wonder what all these new additions are like and how it'll affect everything. Even then, I feel like a little kid looking at each of these updates and forget about what it'll bring to the tournament scene. It makes me so giddy and excited that it's release date of December 3rd seems ages away, XD.

I'm really wondering what characters will be added. I'm hoping Marth will stay, and while friends assure me that he most likely will, I guess it's just me getting nervous about it. I don't care if they even nerf Marth down a bit. I have a feeling Ike will be making an appearance in this, but I don't want to turn this into a "What Fire Emblem character do you want most?" thread.

I love the four different controller methods. The GC controller felt SO right for Smash that I even got another controller for when Brawl was to come out. However, if I played only with that controller, it'd be rather boring and I'm sure I'd be missing out on some serious fun.

I hardly even scratched most of Brawl. I didn't include assist characters (which is awesome), some of the stages, Final Smashes, etc. This game is going to own. Period.

GoreDude
07-15-2007, 04:19 PM
sorry about the whole bower thing well there are two other reasons i want it pit and meta knight i will learn how to pwn with those two

Balance
07-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I do have to agree with ShinyaZel with a lot of things he said. Also they just announced that they released a new stage, an Animal Crossing stage! That I found was funny, and now I really look forward to it, because the stages are going to be awesome! Oh you remember K.K. Slider? If you play the game at Saturday 8:00 PM, the young doggy musician will actually appear! How cool is that?

Master_Chief
07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
I think they should put online play in there.

ShinyaZel
07-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I do have to agree with ShinyaZel with a lot of things he said. Also they just announced that they released a new stage, an Animal Crossing stage! That I found was funny, and now I really look forward to it, because the stages are going to be awesome! Oh you remember K.K. Slider? If you play the game at Saturday 8:00 PM, the young doggy musician will actually appear! How cool is that?
I know, how cool is that? K.K. Slider appearing at 8:00 PM, I can't wait for that. XD

Masteir_Chief: This WILL be a Wi-Fi game if I remember correctly.

Balance
07-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Out of all stages, I think I'm gonna have the most fun in the Animal Crossing Stage. Who knows though, there might be a better stage...although it's pretty hard to beat Animal Crossing! (But then again, a NintenDog stage would be awkward...)

LegendKiller
07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I cant wait..Dec. 3..man thats long. True you can use all the different controller types...and hopefully it wont be as hard. I hope they still have all the techniques in there like Wavedashing, L-Canel,Teching, DI, etc. Hopefully it has some of the stuff melee has and I cant wait to try the new stages :p Go Captain Falcon!

ShinyaZel
07-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I cant wait..Dec. 3..man thats long. True you can use all the different controller types...and hopefully it wont be as hard. I hope they still have all the techniques in there like Wavedashing, L-Canel,Teching, DI, etc. Hopefully it has some of the stuff melee has and I cant wait to try the new stages :p Go Captain Falcon!
I was really fearing that they were going to remove some glitches, but I'm more than positive they've had a look into the competitive scene of Smash and the techniques used. L-Canceling, I'm more than sure that'll be in it, since it's not a glitch. DI pretty much runs the same. It's the stuff like wavedashing that I'm curious about. For a second I wouldn't care if it didn't make it's re-appearance in Brawl, but then again...that stuff made Smash so much more fun. ;-;

Mindgames, mindgames!

LegendKiller
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I was really fearing that they were going to remove some glitches, but I'm more than positive they've had a look into the competitive scene of Smash and the techniques used. L-Canceling, I'm more than sure that'll be in it, since it's not a glitch. DI pretty much runs the same. It's the stuff like wavedashing that I'm curious about. For a second I wouldn't care if it didn't make it's re-appearance in Brawl, but then again...that stuff made Smash so much more fun. ;-;

Mindgames, mindgames!

Yea man..wait you play with all those advanced skills and such? and it did make it more fun haha. The only glitch I found in Melee was so far was with mario..Im sure everyone knows you cant do another move after an Up B move will you land. For some reason..with Mario you can Up B and THEN wall jump again to get on to the stage..and thats not supposed to happen. Other than that..nothing really..I wonder if the Phantom will still be part of Brawl..Phantom wasnt a glitch right?

ShinyaZel
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Yea man..wait you play with all those advanced skills and such? and it did make it more fun haha. The only glitch I found in Melee was so far was with mario..Im sure everyone knows you cant do another move after an Up B move will you land. For some reason..with Mario you can Up B and THEN wall jump again to get on to the stage..and thats not supposed to happen. Other than that..nothing really..I wonder if the Phantom will still be part of Brawl..Phantom wasnt a glitch right?
Yea, the Mario glitch is when you do his Up+B towards the wall and smash the DI away from it. I haven't really been able to do it much, but my friend mains Mario so he's able to. As for the phantom hits, yea, those are a glitch. Dealt with hitting hit boxes at odd places and such. I don't know the details, but yea. ^_^

Regex
07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
People talk as if wavedashing and all that nonsense actually gave you some advantage, but if you play well enough, you may discover that you don't need to cheat to win.

The fact that they gave names to these exploits really irks me.

ShinyaZel
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
People talk as if wavedashing and all that nonsense actually gave you some advantage, but if you play well enough, you may discover that you don't need to cheat to win.

The fact that they gave names to these exploits really irks me.
It CAN give an advantage. There are some characters wavedashing really doesn't matter much to. Some of them it DOES though, Samus for instance. You want to roll backwards from damage for protection? Yea, smart move. If you're playing against a Falcon they're going to tech chase you with a knee, or a grab to down throw and it can all end up bad news for Samus. It'd be much more safe to just do a backwards WD with and putting up a shield. I find it funny that say people need to refer to cheating to win. Knocking off a Falco with Marth and need to get to the edge quick enough to edge guard? Yes, running obviously helps, but it's much better to WD (unless you NEED to run) to the edge and give off the appropiate move. :/

So do all fighting scenes irk you then, because nearly every one has some type of lingo for exploits and the like, it's not just Smash. I don't really feel like arguing though, because I know it'll go on forever, and this happened not so long ago already.

Ichiro Matsuchani
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm gonna be buying a Wii for this game, I love SSBM, sadly I never got to play the original, never got an N64.

From all that I know about this game, Master Chief wasn't mentioned as one of the unlockables in the game. That would be freakin amazing, though. o_O; And probably extremely cheap.

ShinyaZel
07-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Master Chief would have had to have some relation to Nintendo, by appearing on one of their many systems and handhelds. Since he's X-Box only, he won't be making it. If he does somehow, but some WEIRD chance...then just wow.

-Edit-
Ah, Legend, my friend told me about the phantom hits. "They happen when the attack hitbox connects while tangent to the body of the character you're hitting."

War Carved
07-24-2007, 04:42 PM
So I was just watching this games new website, and I just got to say that I can't wait any longer for this game to come.

So in this thread I thought we could talk about the new characters, items, characters you wish they will add to this game.

It would be awsome to play Master Chief from Halo even though he's not an official "Nintendo" character. EDIT: Wow Somone already thought about that...Crap.

CommanderBrad
07-24-2007, 04:53 PM

I love that glitch. ^^ As another Mario player, I will suggest a video called Trick Like I Do. It's on youtube. <-Shameless self plug.

Regex-I hate to argue but wavedashing is a necessaey advance technic unless you are using Jigglypuff. It gives you an advantage when trying to space yourself. Say you are Marth and trying to hit a tipper. Well you can run and most likely get hit as you try to size it up. Or you can simply wavedash back and have a much better chance of landing it. Another example, waveshining. If you haven't heard of it, waveshining is a very effect move to use with Fox(and sometimes Falco). Edgehogging is also a good place to use wavedashing. You could try to run and jump onto the edge, but you won't make it unless the person is far from the edge. Wavedashing gives you an advantage. Also it is not cheating, as it does not make the battle unwinnable(don't think thats a word) for someone who doesn't use it.

Back to Brawl. If the air dodge stays in, which I hope it does, then wavedashing will be in there. I don't think they can do anything to take it out.

Regex
07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I would imagine they would take out something that is a glitch. It is an exploit, and by using it, you are cheating. Regardless, it's unnecessary. If you choose to play the real game, then you would just time your landing rather than relying on exploits that you call skill.

CommanderBrad
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM
I would imagine they would take out something that is a glitch. It is an exploit, and by using it, you are cheating. Regardless, it's unnecessary. If you choose to play the real game, then you would just time your landing rather than relying on exploits that you call skill.

Seeing as it takes talent to pull of, wavedashing is a skill. You may see it as cheating, but it's an exploit like you said. It isn't like someone wavedashes and the other player instantly loses. It takes skill to do and to apply in your strategy. So you can call it a cheat and not use it if you want, just have fun getting owned.

Regex
07-24-2007, 11:08 PM
So you can call it a cheat and not use it if you want, just have fun getting owned.My experience says otherwise. Regardless of if you can beat people using an exploit, other people have been shown that it's not nearly as effective as people make it out to be.

Smash Bros is not that complicated of a game. It's abhorrent when people try to make it out to be.

ShinyaZel
07-24-2007, 11:17 PM
My experience says otherwise. Regardless of if you can beat people using an exploit, other people have been shown that it's not nearly as effective as people make it out to be.

Smash Bros is not that complicated of a game. It's abhorrent when people try to make it out to be.
I said I was done, but I would like to know who these "other people" are. No one is making this out to be the most complicated fighting game ever, either. I know it isn't, but it DEFINITELY has depth to it, and anyone who would like to say otherwise in MY opinion needs to take a look into the competitive community a bit more.

There are usually ALWAYS counters in video games. Blah blah, yea yea. Characters can beat said counters, but it takes work. When is the last time you've heard of someone just sitting a minute and think of a stage to counter a certain character your opponent plays?

Chaddichu
07-24-2007, 11:20 PM
To Regex of course.

I like how you delete my posts.

Smash Bros deceptively has more depth than any fighter I've ever played, if you can't see it then you really shouldn't talk like you're very good at Smash.

You ever been to any tournies, or played anyone that has?

ナイトメア"
07-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Regex- You are in every way, shape, and form wrong about wavedashing and the competitive gameplay of smash. Wavedashing CAN, let me repeat, CAN be used to your advantage and will improve your gameplay if you can apply it correctly. ALL of the top smash players use it, so that is saying something right there.

When you say "My experience says otherwise.", I have a hard time believing that your experience counts at all. If you are against wavedashing, then you are just being ignorant and are clearly misinformed about it's uses.

Along with ShinyaZel, I am a competitive smasher myself. So if you say that smash is not a complicated game, then you are definitely mistaken. This tells me more than enough about your view of the game and is enough to contradict your argument. You have yet to show me that you have any reasonable knowledge of the game and its mechanics. If you could show me that, maybe you'd get a little respect around here.

Regex
07-25-2007, 12:22 AM
The depth in the game is all in how simple it was made. That was what makes the game so wonderful. It's designed to be a game that anyone can pick up and still feel like they are being competitive against long-time players, and in succeeding, it's a work of art. Yes, there is a great amount of skill in timing your moves carefully, but don't insult the game by calling it anything different than what it is.

You speak of being "competitive smashers" but you're still stuck on one exploiting technique that is apparently required to be a good player. I've seen these so-called "competitive" video gamers in various settings, I've watched them play and I've joined in games with them. Some of them wavedashing every opportunity, and some of them never doing it at all. And yet neither technique was particularly stronger than the other.

It's all about skill, not exploits. That's all. The more skilled players have mastered the timing of the wavedash, and the less skilled have not. That's the only relationship between the skilled players and wavedashing. Wavedashing doesn't provide the advantage you claim it does.

No, I haven't played in tournaments, because I play for fun. But I've stumbled in on games where the tournament winners were playing, and played with them.

If you want to say that they didn't play as well because we weren't in a tournament, believe what you like.

Tempest Wind
07-25-2007, 12:36 AM
The depth in the game is all in how simple it was made. That was what makes the game so wonderful. It's designed to be a game that anyone can pick up and still feel like they are being competitive against long-time players, and in succeeding, it's a work of art. Yes, there is a great amount of skill in timing your moves carefully, but don't insult the game by calling it anything different than what it is.

You speak of being "competitive smashers" but you're still stuck on one exploiting technique that is apparently required to be a good player. I've seen these so-called "competitive" video gamers in various settings, I've watched them play and I've joined in games with them. Some of them wavedashing every opportunity, and some of them never doing it at all. And yet neither technique was particularly stronger than the other.

It's all about skill, not exploits. That's all. The more skilled players have mastered the timing of the wavedash, and the less skilled have not. That's the only relationship between the skilled players and wavedashing. Wavedashing doesn't provide the advantage you claim it does.

No, I haven't played in tournaments, because I play for fun. But I've stumbled in on games where the tournament winners were playing, and played with them.

If you want to say that they didn't play as well because we weren't in a tournament, believe what you like.

I have to agree with Regex. I have had plenty of situations where someone was like "Oh, I can WD, I can pwn you", and when it was my first time playing and he only won by 1 stock.

ShinyaZel
07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, I know that I never once said exploits help you win a match. Something we finally agree on, that it takes skill. However, I have just as much fun as the next person who plays this game. I play a number of characters in Smash. Marth, of whom which I main, I WD because it's a big part of his game. I also play Falcon, who can also use WD for mindgames, doesn't use it half as much as I do with Marth. (I listed two, which doesn't really hold true to the statment "I play a number of characters in Smash" but oh well.)

WD'ing doesn't make someone good. If you can't L-cancel your stuff correctly, space your stuff correctly, learn how to utilize what moves to use at the right time, then WD'ing certainly will NOT help you. It IS however a major bonus.

This feels like a carousel, which I haven't been on in years. I need to change that.

-Edit-
Yes, I realize I have elaborated a bit on WD'ing. Someone mentioning WD'ing does not mean a THING. They can be total noobs. I usually run into things when I RECKLESSLY WD. You have to know how to utilize it. If you WD for the hell of it you're going to get messed up.

CommanderBrad
07-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Wavedashing isn't the only technique we "exploit," it is simply the one we are talking about at the moment. The game is simple on the surface yes, but most games are. Then you see someone who takes it too a deeper level making the game itself deeper.

And if you saw a "competitive" smasher playing and wavedashed every chance he/she got then they are not good players. It is not a tool to be spammed during a match.

And that whole paragraph contradicts itself. Its skill, not exploits, but you say skilled players wavedash? That is contrary to your argument. You're right, skilled players do wavedash because it is useful. ^^

I have to agree with Regex. I have had plenty of situations where someone was like "Oh, I can WD, I can pwn you", and when it was my first time playing and he only won by 1 stock.

No one said just because someone could wavedash that they were good. Used in the right way and by the right people it is effective. If you just wavedash back and forth of course the person is going to suck.

Chaddichu
07-25-2007, 12:41 AM

Then whoever you were playing is simply not good enough to apply wavedashing properly. That or either you're not good enough to see the applications of it being used.

ナイトメア"
07-25-2007, 12:48 AM
I don't see how wavedashing is an "exploit" or a "cheat" as you call it. It's simply a technique used to benefit the player in certain situations. (Believe it or not because obviously you aren't getting the point and are just being stubborn.) Are you really saying that even though ALL of the top players use this technique that it is useless? I see no reasonable logic behind that.

Also, we are talking about competitive play. If you don't want to wavedash or enter tournaments because you play for fun, then why do you continue to argue about it?

TedBoosley
07-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Wavedashing is useless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG9-wv92KlE

Handy
07-25-2007, 06:03 AM
WDing is not a glitch. It's just airdodging into the ground... and you cant be air dodged on the ground so it cancels the animation and the trajectory moves you, AND the developers knew it was there and never took it out, even after 4? versions of the game came out. I think it even has a line when you use it in actionreplay. A glitch is something like Ness's yoyo glitch or the black hole glitch. If it was detrimental to the game at all, it would be banned from tournament games like M2's soul stun and the IC freeze glitch.

WDing, while not essential, can open up a whole new game play style and advance your technique. While it isnt an "I win" button as you obviously know, it can definetly add an advatage. While some character like Jiggly hardly ever need to WD, some characters like Luigi and ICs play a whole lot better because of it. Sure, you dont need to WD, but is there a reason not to? Why not become better because of it.

Most players go through the arrogent noob stage when they first see competitive game play. "haha, i can WD and you cant. im gonna pwn u bcuz you cant wd." In truth, WD is only one aspect of competitive play and will not guaruntee a win. You dont see pros just randomly spamming WD while they are fighting, they are pressuring the opponent or otherwise using mindgames to counter him and put him in a bad position. It takes so much more to get better. You need to learn to L(ag)Cancel your aerials, know how to combo types of characters, learn mindgames to outsmart your opponent, etc. Since Ive gotten into this, when I fight my other friends (whom dont smash competivley), I notice they do the same thing a lot and I know how to punish them easily. It's a bad habit to break and I find myself doing the same thing sometimes. SSBM may seem like a simple game at a glance at it. Once you delve deeper in the game, it takes so much more skill and cunning to play well. The developers had no idea how big this game would turn out. It's success shows that it is not a simple kiddy game.

Regex
07-25-2007, 09:56 AM
It makes me laugh that someone is calling in lots of friends to register just to have this very serious argument about this very serious subject, but until this past round, nobody had accepted that you don't have to wavedash to be competitive at the game.

And that whole paragraph contradicts itself. Its skill, not exploits, but you say skilled players wavedash? That is contrary to your argument. You're right, skilled players do wavedash because it is useful. ^^No, I said skilled players can do it. Unskilled players can not. But plenty of skilled players do not use it, because there is not enough gain to make it matter. You can easily play without wasting your effort, and do just as well.

How is it an exploit, you ask? There is an effect that ultimately makes no sense if you consider the rest of the physics in the game. This was not an intentional effect. Why didn't they ban it or remove it? Because there is no discernable advantage to using it. It's a skill boasted by "competitive" players, which doesn't affect the outcome of the game to any serious degree.

I have had this discussion before. I have had players ask me why I don't wavedash, saying that it's a necessary skill. I have beat plenty of people who are convinced of that, and I've taken my beatings from plenty of people who never bothered to learn how. I've beaten people who claim to be experts at using it effectively, and been beaten by people who everyone says uses it wrong. I've had these experts attempt to set up situations for me where wavedashing is apparently necessary in an effort to prove to me that I need to use this skill, and quite often, I didn't even have to use a different approach. I could handle it without wavedashing. Ultimately, these people discovered they also didn't need to wavedash either.

I choose not to, because I prefer to play the game as it was designed, not utilizing all the exploits and bugs. I refuse to play tournaments because the people playing there suck all the fun out of the game. That video posted earlier supports this. Playing one on one, same character, with no items? You're missing out on half the fun of the game. And all I saw was two people constantly edge guarding, which I consider to be ungentlemanly in my for-fun games.

Like I said before, the depth to this game is in how amazingly simple it is. That's Nintendo's strength in all their games, in fact. Expand upon that, don't complicate it.

Chaddichu
07-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Y'know, just because it's your opinion doesn't make it right. Who are you to say how people have the most fun doing something?

Also edgeguarding is a huge part of melee, saying that you don't do it is way more than enough for me to infer that you aren't good, and that you have no idea what you're talking about with this whole topic.

Regex
07-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Y'know, just because it's your opinion doesn't make it right. Who are you to say how people have the most fun doing something?

Also edgeguarding is a huge part of melee, saying that you don't do it is way more than enough for me to infer that you aren't good, and that you have no idea what you're talking about with this whole topic.
You did an amazing job of discrediting yourself with just one post.

The first area to note is where you tell me not to tell people how to have fun playing the game. That of course is not what I said. I said that wavedashing does not make you a better player, and that I choose not to use exploits.

Secondly, you then go on to tell me how I shouldn't play, because you like edgeguarding and I do not. This is of course exactly what you told me not to do.

Thirdly, you made some strange connection that if I choose not to do something in the game that will help me win faster, I must not be very good. That conclusion doesn't even make sense. Putting myself at a disadvantage would mean I would have to work smarter to compensate.

Did I mention that I play this game for fun? And that I considered that particular tactic ungentlemanly? I certainly never told anyone here not to do it.

ShinyaZel
07-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Eh, I think my argument is done on this. I don't remember exactly if I saw this or not, but edge guarding was one of the huge things that made this game so unique, to get them off the stage and not let them back on. However, this argument is futile. I realize this is between competitive players and one who wishes not to be a competitive player, and while I still hold true to everything I said and will not take it back. In my OPINION, WDing, while not being the sole skill needed to win (because I believe it takes a variety of techniques) is VERY necessary for players in COMPETITIVE play. We all have fun in our own way, and in the end that's all that matters.

This argument has irked me I admit, but wtf. It's the internet. :/ I'm looking more retarded each post.

My apologies to the topic creator for his thread being filled up with Melee arguments. Anway, to get back on subject, I really want to see some new characters updates. ;-; I love seeing some of these stages and stuff, but gah, just super curious. I want a new FE character.

CommanderBrad
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Playing one on one, same character, with no items?
^^

I am with ShinyaZel. I hate spam and even though I have been defending my point I will stop. In conclusion to the argument...Nevermind. It will just start it back up again.

ナイトメア"
07-25-2007, 03:31 PM
All of the people arguing are from Smashboards (The largest Super Smash Bros. Melee forum) You are so stuck on your opinion that you won't accept that we are right. All of us have been to tournaments and have experience in competitive play, which obviously you don't because you said that you haven't entered a tournament. Doesn't that say that we know what's effective and what's not? (At least more than you do) Yet you still continue to disagree.

I'm really just wasting my time though because your opinion is all that matters to you. There is no convincing you because you are so stubborn about it and think you are always right. So, I really don't have anything else to say...

I just want to apologize to the topic creator as well. I know how spam can be. So, I'm sorry for that. I would love to see a Castlevania character make an appearance.

Regex
07-25-2007, 04:11 PM
All of the people arguing are from Smashboards (The largest Super Smash Bros. Melee forum) You are so stuck on your opinion that you won't accept that we are right. I accept that you all believe that this technique is necessary to play well. I have observed that very often, the most commonly used technique is not the most effective.

All of us have been to tournaments and have experience in competitive play, which obviously you don't because you said that you haven't entered a tournament. Doesn't that say that we know what's effective and what's not? (At least more than you do) Yet you still continue to disagree.No, it doesn't say that at all. Brilliant scientists were saying that the Earth is flat for hundreds of years, but when it comes to fact, majority doesn't rule. I've played with people who compete in tournaments including people who boast several tournament victories. I have had this argument with these people, and they were unable to prove that this technique is necessary. Many of them were as convinced as you, and I was able to beat them several times over without wavedashing once, so obviously it's not as important a technique as you think it is.

Seeing these results, I can only conclude that wavedashing is little more than bragging rights for people. Like a milestone you can cross to demonstrate a certain level of skill, but not as a technique needed to perform well against the tournament players, otherwise I would not have had nearly the results I have.

I'm really just wasting my time though because your opinion is all that matters to you. There is no convincing you because you are so stubborn about it and think you are always right. So, I really don't have anything else to say...Try this. Learn to play without relying on one technique. Branch out and try to open your mind. Then tell me you don't play as well without it, and consider what this says about you.

If I can beat tournament winners without it, who really is the stubborn one? The saying goes, "Those who say something can not be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."

ナイトメア"
07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I have a hard time believing that the people you have beaten are good. They probably went and won some local EBgames tournament or something and they boast about it. I have an even harder time believing that you are good though. Judging by the way you talk, I bet you couldn't beat me with or without it.

I never said that it was impossible to win without wavedashing, but I'm crippling myself as I know how to use it to my advantage.

This is clearly going to be one big loop of:
Me: "You're ignorant if you deny the uses of this technique."
You: "This technique is useless and unnecessary. You can win just as easily without it."

So what I'm trying to say, is that this argument is pointless because we are never going to convince each other to accept the other one's view on this.

Regex
07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
I remember you now. You're the same guy who posted a list of characters in some bizarre ranking fashion, saying that it's impossible for someone to win a pro tournament as Bowser.

I know you think your message board has magic Smash Bros experts who can't be wrong, but the truth is the same as I said in the previous thread.

These would be the same people who believe that if they wear their lucky underwear, they will play better. It's only superstition.

CommanderBrad
07-25-2007, 05:26 PM
The Tier List is pretty accurate. It doesn't say that you can't when with lower characters, you'll just have one hell of a time doing it. Example, Arash one of the best Bowsers in the world, has beaten Ken, one of the best all round in the world, maybe a handful of times. The Tier List shows how people stack up against the competition. Fox and Falco are the top because they are great characters and have fewer counter picks then other. There is also alot that goes into the tier list, like metagame and current playing trends. It is made by the elite members on Smashboards, so it is highly accurate. But no one says you have to believe it. It's your choice.

Regex
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
The Tier List is pretty accurate. It doesn't say that you can't when with lower characters, you'll just have one hell of a time doing it. Example, Arash one of the best Bowsers in the world, has beaten Ken, one of the best all round in the world, maybe a handful of times. The Tier List shows how people stack up against the competition. Fox and Falco are the top because they are great characters and have fewer counter picks then other. There is also alot that goes into the tier list, like metagame and current playing trends. It is made by the elite members on Smashboards, so it is highly accurate. But no one says you have to believe it. It's your choice.
No, the list itself didn't say that, but he did.

but there is no way that a pro bowser can win a big event with other pros of characters such as Marth, Falco, Fox, Sheik, and Peach.In any case, you're all so quick to preach this information as fact, as if you couldn't possibly be wrong. So let me quote myself one more time.

Plain and simple, Fox and Falco aren't "strong" against any of the players. Falco's got speed on him, and that's what people play off of. Those are "Speed players". That means they play best with great speed, and low attack power. Meanwhile, someone like me plays best with lower speed, moderate attack power, and an attuned sense of timing. If you play better with speed, then you will choose faster players, and you will have an advantage over everyone, while also having a different weakness to everyone. If you play better with a powerful character, then you will choose stronger characters, and you will have a different advantage over everyone.This remains true. As well as this:

Wave dashing is a stupid term for a simple "technique" that is little more than a simple dodge immediately after a jump. While potentially useful in very extreme cases, it's not at all a necessary skill, despite what people like to claim.

I have to go back to my previous advice. If you don't believe me, learn to play without it. Discover alternate means to defeat your enemy, and look how easily replaced that technique is.

CommanderBrad
07-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, *sigh*, nevermind. Its not like it helps. Just go to tournaments, real ones.

http://members.aol.com/oovideogamegodoo/myhomepage/profile.html
Yeah...Smash Bros. isnt deep at all. Enjoy. ^^

ShinyaZel
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
-Edit-
It's no use. Regex, could you please delete this post?

ナイトメア"
07-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Instead of listening to what I had to say, you went through the trouble to dig up an old post that I made trying to start something else. The statement is very true, but you don't agree with it.

I'll prove this to you by showing you the results of the biggest tournament in history. It's also a very recent tournament that took place on July 12th-14th. I'll list the characters mainly played by these players:

SINGLES (250 Participants)
1st Mew2king -Marth/Fox
2nd PC Chris -Fox/Falco
3rd Chu Dat -IC's
4th Drephen -Sheik
5th Vidjo -Peach/Marth
5th Taj -Marth/Mewtwo
7th Darkrain -C. Falcon
7th Dashizwiz -Falco/Fox
9. Lambchops -Falco
9. Chillindude -Fox
9. Luigi Ka-Master -Luigi
9. Cort -Peach
13. SilentWolf -Fox
13. CunningKitsune -Fox
13. Tink -Fox
13. Mikey Lenetia -Peach
17. Nite -Falco/Fox
17. Plairnkk -Sheik
17. Mathos -Falco
17. Chesterr01 -Falco
17. KeepSpeedN -Fox/Falco/Sheik
17. Dope -Falco
17. Eggz -Fox/Mario
17. 4&#37; APR -Jigglypuff
25. KishPrime -Jigglypuff
25. Lunaris -Fox
25. Col Bol -Fox
25. Jiano -C. Falcon
25. Forward -Falco/Fox/Sheik
25. Doll -Peach
25. Vwins -Fox
25. BigGman -Marth/Ganon

Notice how many Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik/Peach players there are. It clearly shows that the tier list is accurate. Only Top/High/Mid and 1 low tier player made it into the bracket out of 256 entrants.

To further prove my point about Bowser; the Bowser player in the world was in attendance. Here is his placing:

81st Gimpyfish

If that doesn't convince you, then I don't know what will.

Regex
07-25-2007, 07:13 PM
If you are saying the list is a popularity contest, then yes.

ナイトメア"
07-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Even if that were true, how do you explain the best Bowser player taking 81st? And with many good low tier players there, only 1 making it into the brackets?

It's definitely not a popularity contest. The best of the low tier players would tell you the same thing. It's very hard to defeat good Top/High players with a character such as Bowser.

Edit- Your comment about the tier list being superstition doesn't make any sense. If you do a little research, then you'd see that almost every fighting game has a tier list. What would be the point if it was just "superstition"?

Regex
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I asked myself the same question when you first posted it.

Handy
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Well, basically instead of making a post that might be read but wont have any effect on anyone's opinion I am just going to say this:

This is obviously all our idea of how to have fun playing the game. Some like party style with all the items/stages and dont care about anything "advanced." There are those who like to play 1v1, no items, etc and only do that. Then there are the people in between. This is a stalemate fight that has been going on for ages because noone wants to budge on their opinion.

ShinyaZel
07-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I think it's time we move our conversation back to Brawl. There are still plenty of updates to be had, but who is everyone really hoping to make an appearance as a playable character?

-Edit-
A friend just sent this link to me.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x269/Metaknightlight/SmashEvol.jpg
I must say, seeing those hairs on DK makes me all giddy.

ナイトメア"
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Alright Regex, I'll stop because this is pointless. That's probably the only thing that we can agree on.

Shinya- That's pretty cool man. Smash has come a long way. The graphics in Brawl look so smooth.

ShinyaZel
07-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Yea it has. IHSB gave me the link. Samus' armor is just...wow. All of the characters really look so good. The stages are looking nice to, it seems they've added a bunch of bright stages instead of emo ones like Battlefield, XD.

CommanderBrad
07-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Emo stages make you want to SD. The stages so far are ok, but I want to see more neutral stages. Ones that will be used in tournament play. Fox's stage and Battlefield are almost guaranteed, but all the rest have a gimmick that will make them fun to play on but not good for tourneys. Then again they have showed maybe five stages so we still have alot to look forward to.

If the Balloon Fighter isn't in this one I am going to cry. ;_;...Unless they make Mario broken, then I would be ok. ^^

ShinyaZel
07-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Haha, Balloon Fighter, that'd be awesome. I could see him using a recovery like Jigglypuff or Kirby, XD.

Chaddichu
07-26-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm sure some of the old stages will make a reappearance, although I wonder if old stages that made a reappearance in Melee will make another reappearance in Brawl.

Reappearance.

CommanderBrad
07-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Dreamland 64, please. Its the safest haven from Marth and his sexy sword. Butty shorts Marth is a must in Brawl too.

Chaddichu
07-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Hahahah man shorty shorts for Marth? Roy can finally wear the pants in the Roy vs Marth matchup...

ShinyaZel
07-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Haha, Marth is my favorite Fire Emblem lord and while he's the tops, I'd really like to see Sigurd make an appearance, but I doubt it'll happen. :/ At least Ike is a good opportunity. Actually, I'm betting Ike will be in it.

ナイトメア"
07-26-2007, 12:50 AM
I'd love to see another FE character in Brawl as well. Fire Emblem is a great series, so I wouldn't mind that at all.

I wonder if stages that didn't make a reappearance in Melee from 64 will return in Brawl. Hyrule Castle was so great.

ShinyaZel
07-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Hahahah man shorty shorts for Marth? Roy can finally wear the pants in the Roy vs Marth matchup...
;_; Just for that, Marth's shorts will be some absurd item and it'll be an instant loss for whoever you're playing as Chaddichu. XD

ナイトメア: Another stage like Hyrule would be absolutely awesome. Tourney wise I wouldn't care for it, but oh man, it's fun to get your damage as high as you can on Hyrule Temple and give charged Smashes in the bottom area and tech as many as you can, XD.

I actually want another adventure mode, because that was too fun. I'm guessing that's what "This World" might end up being.

CommanderBrad
07-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Hector is the FE character we need. Too many swordsmen. I want to see someone swinging an axe. Sigurd has a good chance too. He is popular, in Japan atleast.

Chaddichu
07-26-2007, 01:58 AM
How about an Advance War CO making it into Brawl. CO Powers for a super smash attack would be killer.

CommanderBrad
07-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Sturm or no one. Max or Kanbei may fit too. They would have to invent moves like they did for Falcon and Fox.

Chaddichu
07-26-2007, 02:03 AM
Haha pssh it's all about Andy and beating people up with Wrenches. Either that or Colin smacking around people with sacks of money.

ShinyaZel
07-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Now now, we all know Sasha is the perfect candidate from AW if anyone.

Onwards to the latest update! The footstool jump! I have to sorry that's pretty odd looking, but it'll be crazy to use, or I guess so at least. I love how it serves as a meteor smash, too. XDDD Sakurai, you and your team are too great!

Chaddichu
07-26-2007, 02:23 AM
That'll be kinda interesting...over zealous edgeguard turned wrong by giving your opponent another jump + being spiked to death?

Wolfwood
07-26-2007, 06:20 AM
i wanna see the bob-omb king as a charater with a suicide move :P

does anyone else think that setting the item rate to it's highest with bombs as the only possible item mindlessly fun? ^^

=[[Wolfwood]]=

ShinyaZel
07-26-2007, 06:39 AM
i wanna see the bob-omb king as a charater with a suicide move :P

does anyone else think that setting the item rate to it's highest with bombs as the only possible item mindlessly fun? ^^

=[[Wolfwood]]=
Lol, that is fun. Especially when you toss them back and forth and you end up messing up, XDDD.

Wolfwood
07-26-2007, 06:45 AM
or you open a party balloon and they rain on ya. one wrong move and you're going sky high :P
the pokemon wars with pokeballs only are fun aswell ^^

i wonder if mewtwo will still be a playable character?
i heard a number of characters would get the chop. (i'm guess most of the clones)

=[[Wolfwood]]=

lordrellik8
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Man I Cant Wait For This Game, I Hope Roy Is A Playable Character.
Roy Is The Best!

Zaig
07-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I just hope the Ice Climbers are in this new one because they're the best!
Oh and sega characters also.

Wolfwood
07-27-2007, 05:41 AM
having a fight when everyone chooses the ice climbers is one of the most confusing things ever O_o
that being said, go set 4 cpu's to their highest level, choose a tiny map, and then place some bets :P
it also can make a good drinking game. i might explain that more later ^^;

=[[Wolfwood]]=

tddawg
07-30-2007, 04:40 PM
first of all i can't wait to use the new final smash attacks and play with snake i'm hoping to see roy on there and maybe marth and for some reason i think there gonna put sonic in the roster i say this because sega and nintendo are starting to have a good relationship for example they have alot of sega games for the Wii like Sonic and the secret rings and that one game with the light gun and not to mention mario and sonic at the olympics :unsure:

Crippe
08-01-2007, 05:33 AM
It is now confirmed that Ike from Fire Emblem will be a secret character in Brawl, that's so cool :D I hope they still have Roy :p

GoreDude
08-01-2007, 07:51 AM
a new character has been anounced. those of you who said you wanted a new fire emblem character will be happy . ike from fire emblem will be a new playable character

Maimy
08-01-2007, 09:12 AM
As Long as Sheik's in it I'm Happy Hehe. Man, I can't wait until I get my hands on this game!

Skeith/Haseo Wave
08-01-2007, 12:06 PM
As Long as Sheik's in it I'm Happy Hehe. Man, I can't wait until I get my hands on this game!

Zelda's in Brawl, but there hasnt been any news on Sheik that I've heard.
I hear Lucario and Deoxys are in..

ShinyaZel
08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Man, I missed checking the update at two this morning and when I woke up and checked, oh my God. I was absolutely fangirlin' it up and had to call my mates. Ike, Ike, Ike. This is going to be TOOOOO great. December 3rd needs to REALLY come on.

LegendKiller
08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Ok..I honestly about wavedashing...its NOT good if you dont know how to use it wisely..some of the pros..Isai,Chillin,PC Chris,Chudat,Mew2King,Ken,Aniki,Bombsoldier,Silent spectre,Forward (just to name a few)(if you heard of them) use it..but only to help them..I mean..the key to winning is knowing your oppoenents stratagy..and defending..using DI, L+ Cancel, Shuffling(not that anyone really uses it) but yea..its good stratagies. As for me..I do tend to play on comptetivly..even on friendly matches..but..I tend to use low tier characters if im playing for fun :p btw..the only thing i actually recommend using wavedashing for..is for the Waveshine which is only done by Fox. ^^;

Bassoonista
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Man, I missed checking the update at two this morning and when I woke up and checked, oh my God. I was absolutely fangirlin' it up and had to call my mates. Ike, Ike, Ike. This is going to be TOOOOO great. December 3rd needs to REALLY come on.

It didn't even come at 2:00 am... It actually came three hours later at 5:00 am. I'm so terrible I actually was up at 5:00 am. XD

As if staying up until 2:00 am on a weekday wasn't enough now he's updating it even later. -_-

Ike was like the best update as of recently. The pitfall looks fun, though.

ShinyaZel
08-03-2007, 01:00 AM
I can see what you meant by my post, but I didn't mean to imply that the update for Ike came at 2:00 in the morning. It's been the first update in a while that hasn't been at two, or near it at least. The Castle Siege stage was updated around 2:00-3:00 something anyway I believe. Anyhow, I'm rambling, XD.

I'm really, really curious as to what the future character updates are going to be now. Nothing is going to top Ike in my book. <3

GoreDude
08-03-2007, 07:29 AM
well today they just updated a new game mode subspace emissary. anyone woh had melee remembers the game mode where you go through each character's land like you go through the mushroom kingdom and beat up goombas. well that is what this mode sounds like a single player game side scroller on ssbb. and it is not a download or anything it is on the disc. plus the video advertisng it looks awesome. it has mario and kirby shaking after a giant battle in a colloseum and then meta knights ship comes and these soldiers things start attacking and from there on it just makes you hate december third is exactly i think four months away

tddawg
08-03-2007, 07:44 PM
well today they just updated a new game mode subspace emissary. anyone woh had melee remembers the game mode where you go through each character's land like you go through the mushroom kingdom and beat up goombas. well that is what this mode sounds like a single player game side scroller on ssbb. and it is not a download or anything it is on the disc. plus the video advertisng it looks awesome. it has mario and kirby shaking after a giant battle in a colloseum and then meta knights ship comes and these soldiers things start attacking and from there on it just makes you hate december third is exactly i think four months away

yeah i can't wait for the story mode i liked the video when mario kirby princess peach and princess zelda teamed up to fight them in the colloseum i hope/guess that the people in brawl will start fighting it out in a colloseum and then when the monsters come they team up and join other teams to shut them down can't wait til december :D

GoreDude
08-04-2007, 07:35 AM
that is exactly the video i was talking about

The Blue Baron
08-04-2007, 01:58 PM
!!!It is official Stick to The gamecube controllers on this game the creator has personally said That they are not using the motion stick on this game it would get in the way!!!

ShinyaZel
08-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Woot for another Ike update! My Lord Ike, how you sweep me off my feet!

Maimy
08-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Oh god, I hope Sheik will be playable or I'll go nuts!

LegendKiller
08-07-2007, 09:38 AM
well all the original N64 smash characters are said to be in brawl..I heard they took out a few characters from melee though..

Tenchi Masaki
08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
The "Ike's moves" update was very interesting. Some of the Lord's moves have been revealed BUT the most interesting tidbit for me is the addition of "Super Armor." There are certain moments during Ike's Aether that allow him to become un-smashable/movable.

This will give some of the harder characters an edge now! Trading off speed for some bursts of priority will be awesome ^^. Yes, I know the character still gets hurt BUT this little mechanic is such a simple add, yet will balance out the heavier characters with the speed demons. Perhaps Fox will not be top tier anymore ^^.

I'll post more often to this thread from now on, I didn't notice we had a Brawl topic going around the forum.

The Blue Baron
08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I am utmost anxious to see the new items in action also some certain characters i have been wanting to see in action have been added so i will try this game when it comes along.

blazingscorpio
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
My fav character is falco and he always and will b next 2 peach

ShinyaZel
08-07-2007, 09:10 PM
The "Ike's moves" update was very interesting. Some of the Lord's moves have been revealed BUT the most interesting tidbit for me is the addition of "Super Armor." There are certain moments during Ike's Aether that allow him to become un-smashable/movable.

This will give some of the harder characters an edge now! Trading off speed for some bursts of priority will be awesome ^^. Yes, I know the character still gets hurt BUT this little mechanic is such a simple add, yet will balance out the heavier characters with the speed demons. Perhaps Fox will not be top tier anymore ^^.

I'll post more often to this thread from now on, I didn't notice we had a Brawl topic going around the forum.

Haha, true that. I giggle at the possible fact of DK taking a hit from Fox and being able to grab him afterwards. Poor, poor Fox. ;-;

LegendKiller
08-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I just hope they keep C. Falcon in the game since they're keeping ganondorf..i main falcon so yea..

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I dont know about the zero suit samus..i mean shes like my best person but will she be able to still use her suit?

LegendKiller
08-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I think if zero suit samus is in the game, the normal one is as well cause they said all the smashers from the original N64 are gonna be in brawl.

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Hmm...well ok i guess also..that guy pit,he looks pretty kool but i remember a trophy on melee of him and he looked kinda stupid on it but on brawl he looks better

Crippe
08-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Yes the normal samus is in brawl, but when you use her Final Smash, the suit will break and you will have to play as zero suit samus

ShinyaZel
08-13-2007, 02:08 AM
I don't think they'd remove Falcon, or I sure hope they don't. He was too fun to play in Melee.

MAN! See the update today!? You can play as a Pokemon Trainer! (Ash/Red, lawl) The fact that he uses Pokemon to battle and that you can switch out leaves me to thinking of what kind of counter-picking that can lead to. Haha, too great.

GoreDude
08-13-2007, 06:34 AM
new character has just been announced and it is weird. it is . . . a pokemon trainer yes that is it i am not lying. apparently you don'yt fight as him you use squirlt,ivysaur,and charizard andyou only have one move and that is switching them out wierd

LegendKiller
08-13-2007, 11:50 AM
haha thats pretty sick..using a trainer.. I look forward to seeing a match like this on brawl: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9hbkuXb6_Xs
Silent Spectre (Captain Falcon) vs. Forward (Falco)

Regex
08-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I look forward to seeing a match like this on brawl:
Silent Spectre (Captain Falcon) vs. Forward (Falco)I guess. I mean, I had fun times playing with my buddies like that too, though one on one stock matches with no items are horrendously boring (and way too easy).

The real fun times are when you turn on all items, very high, timed matches, 4 players. Timed matches so I can't knock someone out of the game at the beginning of the match, lots of items and 4 players for added frenzy and unpredictability. Come on, make the game an actual challenge. 0_o

LegendKiller
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Lol yea i agree Regex. But that was a tourny match so of course they played by the applied rules. and yea playing with items will be more fun in brawl. haha i cant wait but at the same time..those serious matches will be more brutal..especially with tag teams :p

Regex
08-13-2007, 03:05 PM
The tag team idea is really exciting. I think that would add another fun aspect to the game.

ShinyaZel
08-13-2007, 04:36 PM
This game just has me guessing left and right on what it's going to have, it's great. Anyone have an idea for what tomorrow's update will be? I'm thinkin' it'll be a stage, but that's just me.

-Edit-
When I think about it, the term "guessing left and right" doesn't really make much sense. :/

Crystal_Gardevoir
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I may not have a Wii, but this game will justify getting it. I have played both versions of Super Smash Bros. and found it so entertaining. On top of that, challenging. Brawl will give a new meaning to my lust for a challenge.

The Blue Baron
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
This game is going to be like one of the only reasons I'd play the Wii since Wii sports LOL

Tenchi Masaki
08-14-2007, 02:19 AM
I find the Pokemon Trainer addition was by far my favorite update so far!

Charizard is my favorite Pokemon and now he's a playable character!

That whole stamina aspect should increase the difficulty and learning curve of the Pokemon Trainer but it's one I'm willing to master. My theory is that Squirtle will handle much like a fast character (i.e Pikachu, Fox). Ivysaur will have a balanced style and handle much like the medium-sized fighters (i.e Mario, Link) and finally, Charizard will play like a heavy-weight (Bowser, DK).

As long as all three have a means of a triple jump then it's going to be oodles of fun playing that character.

The new update tonight is funny but not as exciting as yesterday's. It does make me wonder how those "assist" characters will be activated. Hopefully they will be disabled for tournament play. I have a feeling the Nintendog assist in the trailer will cover up the screen with a cute puppy like this Devil Man update scrolls the screen to one side (which is downright nasty haha). I guess it gives players to try out that bounce move you can do when colliding with another character upon landing with your jump.

LegendKiller
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
I wonder what Adventure mode will be like..I mean..the Master and Crazy hands are to easy..I took them out without taking a point of damage...with Falcon..so I hope this time the bosses are a lot more challenging..especially the event matches..way to easy..especially 51..just use Jiggs for event 51..haha

ShinyaZel
08-15-2007, 12:41 AM
I find the Pokemon Trainer addition was by far my favorite update so far!

Charizard is my favorite Pokemon and now he's a playable character!

That whole stamina aspect should increase the difficulty and learning curve of the Pokemon Trainer but it's one I'm willing to master. My theory is that Squirtle will handle much like a fast character (i.e Pikachu, Fox). Ivysaur will have a balanced style and handle much like the medium-sized fighters (i.e Mario, Link) and finally, Charizard will play like a heavy-weight (Bowser, DK).

As long as all three have a means of a triple jump then it's going to be oodles of fun playing that character.

The new update tonight is funny but not as exciting as yesterday's. It does make me wonder how those "assist" characters will be activated. Hopefully they will be disabled for tournament play. I have a feeling the Nintendog assist in the trailer will cover up the screen with a cute puppy like this Devil Man update scrolls the screen to one side (which is downright nasty haha). I guess it gives players to try out that bounce move you can do when colliding with another character upon landing with your jump.

Lol, that assist did look a little goofy at first, especially when sized up against the previous day's update, but it still seems cool nontheless. Foot Stool Jumps all over the place, XD.

Tenchi Masaki
08-15-2007, 03:10 PM
The update today...

STICKERS!

Ummm, I'm not excited about it but I guess it MIGHT be cool if the pictures you create and save are able to upload as a wallpaper for games/Your Wii.

Overall, this update was really "blah!" sure there might be some funny stickers to collect and new awkward ways to setup a picture with your favorite Nintendo stars, but come on...give us an item, music, or stage o_O! I guess the Pokemon Trainer update was just too awesome so they have to dumb down some of the upcoming sneak peeks T^T.

ShinyaZel
08-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Haha, it is kind of hard to be excited about certain updates when you get such awesome character updates. The update for today is pretty interesting though. I wonder what others exactly can do it, which kinda' leads you to guess certain characters that would utilize it.

Simon Belmont, anyone? I know one of my friends is rooting for him to be in it, XD.

Tenchi Masaki
08-16-2007, 04:55 AM
Simon Belmont, anyone? I know one of my friends is rooting for him to be in it, XD.

He would make an excellent addition to the awesome roster. He could throw Holy Water as a ranged attack haha. The whip would give him a unique play style, utilizing range in his normal attacks.

The update today wasn't that exciting, but at least we know more characters will be able to do that. Samus and Link were able to use their throws to latch onto walls for a recovery in Smash Brothers: Melee, so this update isn't a big surprise.

What would be extremely interesting is if they include heavy characters such as Bowser to be able to have a similar function. Bowser could charge up his arms and attempt to ram his claws into the wall, allowing him to latch on, much like the Hook shot (Link) and Beam shot (Samus). He can then climb up and/or propel himself up vertically to recover.

This could be a great gimick to include on the heavy characters to attract more players to use them.

Hoping for a Stage/Song update tomorrow. I doubt they'll release another character this week >.<!

LegendKiller
08-16-2007, 10:41 AM
when the entire roster for brawl comes out..that'll be awesome.

Tenchi Masaki
08-17-2007, 02:29 PM
The update for today wasn't half bad, it's Peach!

I really dig the new details they added to her dress and the expression on her face when she butt smacks Mario. Although it's a give she's in the roster I suppose it is better than Stickers!

I still can't get over that update haha, man really didn't like that.

Judging by the screenshots given it seems like she'll retain the same moveset as Melee, but her Final Smash is still up in the air. Maybe a gang of Toads kill everyone on screen? Or she uses her Emotions ala Super Peach for the DS, to make powerful attack. I guess we MIGHT find out next week ^^.

LegendKiller
08-19-2007, 02:10 PM
haha sweet Peach? Who knows..I hope Wife or Vidjo gets the game..I wanna play their peach's. When will falcon be announced..

Crippe
08-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Ok everyone, the latest update....new secret character Diddy Kong :D
I wasn't really that surprised when I saw it, but it will be fun to see his moves ^^
still, Ike is probably the coolest character they showed so far :D

LegendKiller
08-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Lol diddy kong..To bad they took out Doc..

Wolfwood
08-22-2007, 07:05 PM
this is looking better and better each day. time to grab a wii for me.
now they just gotta give us alot of online ability with this game

LegendKiller
08-24-2007, 12:52 PM
this game is just gonna rise to the top if its online. Its taking to long..I wanna team up with as many people as possible when it comes out..

Balance
08-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, the updates are not bad so far, and it may even be a fun single player game. The Superspicy Curry seems pretty fun too.

LegendKiller
08-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Man..I wish the game was out right now. I wanna play online..lol

ShinyaZel
09-11-2007, 02:13 AM
Woot woot! Lyn from FE7 as an assist trophy! I'm lovin' it.

Crippe
09-25-2007, 02:11 AM
ok...it has been a little empty here for a while so I thought I'd tell you all about some new updates.

Online play: yes we will be able to play super smash brawl online, so i'm looking forward to battle you all as soon as I buy the game :)

Snake: They show some of Solid Snakes special moves.

My Music: before choosing a stage you are able to choose from many different songs to be played during the fight, and sometimes CD items will appear during a fight, grabing one of those will unlock a new song.

LegendKiller
09-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Music? Like..any? or..just in the game?

MrClown
09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
The cool thing bout thins game is that its goin to be online!!

Shirai Ryu Scorpion
09-25-2007, 10:29 PM
I am excited that they put in Solid Snake, but I also heard that a secret character was Naruto to? I am not to sure, but it's only a rumor. It looks fun looks great, I think I may get it.

Crippe
09-26-2007, 03:05 AM
Music? Like..any? or..just in the game?

music in the game :p but it would be awsome if you could use your own mp3s XD

LegendKiller
09-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Dude..I know right? It'd be pretty cool. Do they have the themes from the old ssb/ssbm games still available to use?

Ertai87
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
I am excited that they put in Solid Snake, but I also heard that a secret character was Naruto to? I am not to sure, but it's only a rumor. It looks fun looks great, I think I may get it.

Sorry bro, you're thinking Jump Ultimate Stars, not Super Smash Bros.

Oh, and does anybody else think most of the final smashes look pretty lame? Today's update was a bit on the crappy side...

LegendKiller
09-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Yea it was disappointing, just the final smash for pkmn trainer? lol..wth. Should be a character..

SkyDrag0n
10-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Lol being too cocky is not good>=P

LegendKiller
10-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Ahaha..yea I agree. If people say they're as good as they think they are they need to prove it lol.

ShinyaZel
10-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I've loved all of the Final Smashes so far. Yes, some more than others, but the one I'd have to say I don't care for is Diddy Kong's...just...blah. Fox's Final Smash, Landmaster, is pretty awesome though, XD. "Do a barrel roll!" XDDD

LegendKiller
10-05-2007, 03:04 PM
XD I remember that from Superdoodleman's Adventure mode..that was awesome..I first though Fox's final smash would have a bunch of Arwings come in but the Landmaster is pretty cool too.

ShinyaZel
10-09-2007, 07:19 AM
The updates have all been pretty cool right now. I'm diggin' Zero Suit Samus' special moves, Kirby's Final Smash(Which we've seen from that very early trailer) and the music for Wario: Ashley's Theme song. That was rockin', XD.

-EDIT-
HOLY!!!!! Today's update(the one with Sonic and the two trailers!<3) has been one of the best updates EVER!

Crippe
10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
-EDIT-
HOLY!!!!! Today's update(the one with Sonic and the two trailers!<3) has been one of the best updates EVER!

yes I agree. Sonic looks so awsome :D now all that's left is Megaman ;)

Ertai87
10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
The updates have all been pretty cool right now. I'm diggin' Zero Suit Samus' special moves, Kirby's Final Smash(Which we've seen from that very early trailer) and the music for Wario: Ashley's Theme song. That was rockin', XD.

-EDIT-

I disagree. You forgot about the part where the North American release date got pushed back (YET AGAIN!!!) to "TBD". That definitely counteracts Sonic, and then some :(

Sonic does look holy-crap amazing though...

hoshima haruna
10-10-2007, 08:53 AM
i can't wait for the game either and yeah i think it would be cool for megaman to be in it and the gooey bomb but igot to ask what else might be in the game?

LegendKiller
10-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Sonic in brawl is to much to comprehend!! lol..I can't wait >.< Though they still haven't announced C. Falcon..its taking to long..

ShinyaZel
10-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I disagree. You forgot about the part where the North American release date got pushed back (YET AGAIN!!!) to "TBD". That definitely counteracts Sonic, and then some :(

Sonic does look holy-crap amazing though...
I unfortunately found out about the date being pushed back at work, which ended up in me spewing a few choice words that I shouldn't have let out, XDDD.

ProjectVirtue
10-10-2007, 07:40 PM
all for the better. a game this big needs to be done right on the first try. i suppose they could do a recall to fix anything if they wanted to but that just takes a long time and money =\

ShinyaZel
10-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm mad at the team. I'm just really impatient for this game. :/ Really can't help it. Either way, I have a feeling it'll be anywhere from mid December to early January. Just my guess.

-Edit-
Actually I CAN help it, obviously, but :P.

Tenchi Masaki
10-11-2007, 10:31 AM
The Sonic Update was by far THE best announcement so far from my point of view. My friends and I predicted that Nintendo would plug him in. Nintendo was so naughty telling the public that "Mario and Sonic at the Olympics" was going to be the first time these two titans collide. They just couldn't resist putting an end to all the Mario v. Sonic Flame Wars ^^! The double-edged sword the blue blur carries (the TBA release date) was pretty severe though.

I suppose Rock Band and Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP) will have to sustain my hunger for now.

So now that Sonic has been added to the mix that leaves room for more Sonic Universe characters to join the fray...

Knuckles please?

I hope Tails ends up as an assist and Shadow...no don't put him in we already have Solid Snake as our firearms expert.

Oh and now the question on my mind is...

Who's going to be faster:

FOX or SONIC?

Haha, Sonic's playstyle seems to revolve around using his spin dash to combo into some air smashes. Oh and his Final Smash is obvious to those of us that have played through the Sonic Series.

SUPER SONIC!!!

Good Lord, I can't wait for...whenever they decide to release this damn monster out of the Nintendo Vaults and into our grubby little hands!

ShinyaZel
10-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Brawl is delayed to Feb. 10th, 2008. I am very, very sad. However, this can only mean it'll get even better. I've been watching four new vids from IGN and I am loving it more and more!!

CommanderBrad
10-11-2007, 11:20 PM
A collect cry was shared throughout the Smash Brothers community. I offer this Shigeru Miyamoto quote as a reminder that this isnt the end of the world.
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."

LegendKiller
10-16-2007, 07:57 PM
So true, I hope that Dec. 3rd will be an update worth waiting for since Brawl's original release date was pushed back..

Balance
10-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Sadly, it got pushed back again, all the way to the 10th of February. It's going to be a long, long wait.

About Sonic being in it, I was surprised and not surprised at the same time. In some ways, it should have been expected. I've heard that there was suppose to be three third-party characters. So far we know two, Snake and Sonic. I wonder who would the third one be...

About some new character possibilities, my friend and I were talking to each other, and he told me that Tom Nook might be a possible character. After all, the SmashVille isn't there for nothing right? Moves for Tom Nook would be using the Fishing pole, net, shovel and whatnot. I think that'd be pretty cool. =)

LegendKiller
10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Lol I know its going to be a long wait DarkBalance..lol. If anyone saw the new gameplay videos..Do you think the graphics and such were impressive? I personally liked them, seeing how the stages were really neat looking and a lot more realistic. Especially the new Corneria like stage. I swear when I saw the video I thought I saw Sonic Wavedash..meh maybe I was seeing things.

wolfgirl90
11-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Since alot of people have been wondering about Super Smash Brothers:Brawl (and no one else is talking about it), I decided to shed some light on some things:

1. For North America, the game will not be coming out until February 10, 2008. Japan will release it on January 24,2008. There is no confirmed date for Europe or Austrailia.

2. These are the characters that will appear in the game (or at least, the ones that have been revealed thus far):
Pit(Kid Icarus)
Ice Climbers
Mario
Wario(WarioWare, WarioLand)
Bowser
Yoshi
Peach
Samus
Zero Suit Samus(Technically, this is not a seperate character. This is what Samus is called after she uses her Final Smash attack which destroys her Power Suit.)
Ike(Fire Emblem)
Pokemon Trainer(Actually, you will not fight as the Pokemon Trainer himself but as his pokemon: Squirtle, Ivysaur or Charizard)
Pikachu
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede(Weird,yes?:rolleyes: )
Fox
Lucas(MOTHER 3, a Japan-only game)
Snake(Metal Gear)
Sonic the Hedgehog(I bet a lot of people were waiting for this one:D )

3. The music is AWESOME!!! There about 36 composers working on the music, most of them are very famous like Nobuo Uematsu (composer for most of the Final Fantasy games...yeah, the one who did Sephiroth's theme "One Winged Angel" in Final Fantasy VII) and Yoko Shinomura (composer for the Kingdom Hearts series).

4. The gameplay is pretty much the same. You can use the Wii Controller, the Wiimote (turned on its side), the Wiimote and the nunchuck or the Gamecube controller. Things such as Final Smash Attacks are new, along with few items (Pitfalls from Animal Crossing, Banana Peels,etc). Some of the old items have been upgraded (the Beam Sword gets REALLY long and the Super Mushroom make you HUGE).

I would say some more, but I have already made a really long post.:p

LegendKiller
11-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Lol thanks for info wolfgirl. I do wonder if Zero Suit Samus will have a final smash as well. I mean she IS a seperate character so..I hope so >.< Bleh, they need to release the rest of the original smashers..ie Jigglypuff,C. Falcon,Ness are the only ones left from the original they haven't gotten to yet =/.

TKTwilight
11-08-2007, 10:31 AM
they should add Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Eggman for those not in the know).
He could use his egg-bots to attack, because he's too fat to attack himself.

D3mon_Seed
11-08-2007, 10:35 AM
If Shadow the hedgehog was in it would he be able to use his guns?

Sonic forever

LegendKiller
11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Um...No I don't think Shadow would use guns if he were in it lol..There's no Eggman either yet nor will they be confirmed if that at all =/. Besides its supposed to be "Nintendo's All Stars" in Super Smash.

sanzoku.
11-08-2007, 04:21 PM
If its nintendos why is there solid snake?

angelic_assasin
11-08-2007, 04:36 PM
man this has been a running thread since forever and the game still isnt out! what the heck!? wasnt brawl supposed to come out like last year or something?! >_< i've been waiting since forever!! normally it was this winter but NO my friend told me it got pushed back to Feb. D8<
oh yeah and i found out that theres sonic in there...*sobbs* why is sega in nitendo?! i dislike sonic very very much...(sorry fans) he stole the jigglypuff roll!!! >=O

sanzoku.
11-08-2007, 06:19 PM
D:

Sonic is proz!

Oh well. STILL

COME OUT ALREADY!

LegendKiller
11-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Well they added third party games to make the game more interesting. Who knows what others will be added, especially the widespread rumor about Megaman being in Brawl. That I'd like to see.

-Batman-
11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
If its nintendos why is there solid snake?

-The Metal Gear series started on a Nintendo Console.
-Kojima is a huge smash brothers fan and personally requested snakes inclusion in the games.
-Nintendo decided to go from "Nintendo's all-stars" to "Nintendo all-stars plus whatever other all-stars we can get for the series for fans"

As for Sonic...People have been wanting Sonic since Melee, and Sonic has had tons of games (mostly ports and multi-platform titles) on Nintendo Consoles and Hand Helds.

LegendKiller
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
That's true. To bad the "advanced" moves have been taken out =/. The competition in Brawl won't be as aggressive as in Melee though.

AceNoctali
11-09-2007, 02:56 PM
-The Metal Gear series started on a Nintendo Console.

Wrong. Metal Gear was first published on MSX2, then ported on the NES.

TKTwilight
11-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I know people will disagree with this, but since we're talking about having characters that are not "nintendo all-stars", They should add Zero from the Megaman X series. Or at least Naruto or Sasuke.

octorain
11-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Naruto and sauske are anime, and their games arn't that good, so it would take a lot of guts to put them in, but i would love to see sauske in the game, im glad sonic is in it, sepecialy his spring move.

Regex
11-09-2007, 04:06 PM
-The Metal Gear series started on a Nintendo Console.I don't particularly think this matters either way. Lots of series started on Nintendo systems, but that doesn't make them Nintendo's games. Might as well add Black Mage, since Final Fantasy was an NES game.

I much preferred keeping it to Nintendo characters. Say what you will, Nintendo's characters have become something of an icon of their games. With Mario's pals tossing turtle shells around, racing games become fun, soccer is a blast, and hell, even tennis is fun with Mario Tennis. Adding these other characters that don't exactly fit in with the same style... Well, it just seems wrong to me.

Crippe
11-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I kinda agree with Regex, I think that this game will lose lots of fans if they add to much characters that isn't nintendo characters. Wouldn't mind if they added Megaman...but after that it's enough, just focus on nintendo characters ^^

LegendKiller
11-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Mhm..Nintendo all the way.

wolfgirl90
11-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Solid Snake is in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl because Kojima has BEGGED Nintendo to put him in. In fact he has been begging since before Melee was out (it apparently didn't work the first time). They decided to put Sonic in since the fans wanted him in. I do not think there going to be a lot of third-party characters in the game, since we already have two: Solid Snake and Sonic (I am not counting the characters that will appear as Assist Trophies since there not a lot third-party characters appearing as one:D ). Adding Megaman, since he is a third party character, would kinda be pushing it but it would be interesting to see him in the game.

Just as a note, I do not think that Ness will be in SSBB since Lucas is already in the game. Lucas is from MOTHER-3 and is from the same series as Ness. They both use the same moves (the PK-moves) so we do not need to have both of them in the game.

LegendKiller
11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Lol true true..No Ness but they still need Falcon and Jiggs back.

-Batman-
11-11-2007, 03:58 AM
Wrong. Metal Gear was first published on MSX2, then ported on the NES.

Right.
What the hell is an MSX2?

I don't particularly think this matters either way. Lots of series started on Nintendo systems, but that doesn't make them Nintendo's games. Might as well add Black Mage, since Final Fantasy was an NES game.

I'd play as Black Mage.
He could have Firaga as a special. It can work like PK Fire, minus the annoying "P K FIIIIRE" every time it's used.'

Just as a note, I do not think that Ness will be in SSBB since Lucas is already in the game. Lucas is from MOTHER-3 and is from the same series as Ness. They both use the same moves (the PK-moves) so we do not need to have both of them in the game

Good. Ness was annoying. As are the Ice Climbers and Game and Watch.
Lucas probably will be too however.

Then again...The only character I really care about was announced at the very start. So I don't care how many more characters they add or don't add (But I would shed a manly tear if Captain Falcon is put out to pasture. Only because it wouldn't be the same without FALCON PUNCH)

AceNoctali
11-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Right.
What the hell is an MSX2?

Wikipédia is your friend. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSX)

On a note about Ness, I do like him in SSBM. It'll be annoying if he's axed (which will be likely, I'm afraid), but I'll live with it. There's at least Lucas.

shinzou
11-12-2007, 05:14 AM
well, nintendo will have a lot of buyers for the game. You got the Nintendo fan's will obviously buy it. The people who play Metal Gear Solid will also want the game. And then the Sega players will want the game for sonic. Ey, if they put a Final Fantasy Character in, they'd have a lot of potential buyers.

LegendKiller
11-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Hm..I don't see why they'd put Final Fantasy characters in when they already have Fire Emblem. It would be an interesting addition..but Final Fantasy isn't likely to be in Brawl.

sanzoku.
11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Although it be nice to see cloud or someone. Or maybe a character from the NES.

AceNoctali
11-12-2007, 10:26 AM
For the love of God, please no Final Fantasy in SSBB in every way possible. No need of that overrated franchise in there. I'd way prefer having more Nintendo characters than a single FF character added.

Seriously, am I the only one here who doesn't want FF in SSBB ?! :(

LegendKiller
11-12-2007, 11:36 AM
No Ace. I don't wish to see Final Fantasy at all as well. That just takes out ALL form of pure Nintendo characters in Super Smash..it's not original anymore if they do that. Man..Melee was just pure greatness..

LegendKiller
11-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Lol we don't exactly hate it. We just..don't think it'd be much of a great addition to Melee if Final Fantasy character's were added. I just hope the game is kept original you know..

AceNoctali
11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
But seeing as how you people hate the idea of non-nintendo characters, then I'll keep thinking.

I'm not opposed to it (even though the main theme of the series, a fight between Nintendo's All-Stars, is now lost). I'm simply opposed to Final Fantasy being in (and, if you wanna ask me, Dante in SSBB is also ridiculous IMO).

That being said, that's my very own opinion, and everybody is free to have its own.

(and also, if, and I hope it won't come true, Nintendo includes the FF franchise in, I'll have to live with it. Like someone said on a another forum I participate, "if you don't want that character, then don't play it, and ban it from your VS games as much as you want and can. For single-player, live with it.")

Oh, by the way, as a FE fan, I'm rather happy with today's update (Ike's Final Smash).:)
The bad side of this though, is that, thanks to the E for All videos on Youtube, it was already known : nohing new under the sun, aside from the FS's name. :closedeye

wolfgirl90
11-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Since Square Enix and Nintendo have been at odds for a while, any chance of a Final Fantasy character appearing in SSBB is ZERO. Sure, Solid Snake and Sonic are third-party games, but these games (at least their developers) have a special relationship with Nintendo. Kojima begged Nintendo for Solid Snake to appear in the game (and is even doing the designs for the Metal Gear stages) and Sega has made several Sonic games for Nintendo (some of them being exclusive to Nintendo). Sqaure Enix stopped making their mainstream games for Nintendo starting with Final Fantasy VII because Nintendo decided to continue with cartridges with the N64 (yeah, they missed out on something, didn't they:p ?). They still make games for them but mostly remakes and spinoffs (Chocobo Tales, anyone?). If their was ANY chance for a Final Fantasy character to appear in SSBB, it would be nobody cool.

Regex
11-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Just as a note, I do not think that Ness will be in SSBB since Lucas is already in the game. Lucas is from MOTHER-3 and is from the same series as Ness. They both use the same moves (the PK-moves) so we do not need to have both of them in the game.Funny, I thought that about Young Link, Pichu, Falco, and Dr. Mario.

Certainly didn't stop anyone.

And my gosh. My comment about Final Fantasy was supposed to be a more absurd idea to demonstrate the point.. The idea is ridiculous.

AceNoctali
11-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Today's update :

Meta-Knight's B-moves, and a music : "Meta-Knight's Revenge".

Meh. Music is so-so IMO, doesn't fit the character, and we already knew the moves both from the site and from videos. :/

Dragoon777
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
I'll be fine, as long as they don't give that shadow the hedgehog a gun, it would make it way to unfair.

Coriserai
11-15-2007, 10:32 AM
I am SO looking forward to that! Mewtwo was my best character for one hit KOs but I REALLY want to see Roy in there too! He's my best melee character.

TKTwilight
11-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah, They should bring Roy back. He's one of my favorite characters.

LegendKiller
11-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Lol..I'm somewhat glad most of the clones aren't reappearing. They did get quite a bit annoying in Melee. The only ones that should have a small chance of coming back are Doc and Ganondorf but that's unlikely as well. Roy and Marth probably won't be returning either since Ike's there. Who knows, the game still has a long way to go.

AceNoctali
11-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I personally think Ike and Marth will be the Fire Emblem playable chars on SSBB. Marth is the iconic Lord of the series (first Lord, and only one to be in three FE games -counting the upcoming DS game-) and a fan favourite as far as I know.

I don't think Roy will be back, however (or at least, his chances are much smaller than Marth's) : he was on SSBM only the promotion of the then-upcoming FE6 in Japan, and that game didn't received there a lot of praise.

(Now if only we could have FE9's Black Knight as well. That one would be an awesome char to control. ~o~)

Darrmyth
11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
For the current character list go to
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html

That site is very up to date, its the official SSBB site so there isn't any chance of the information being wrong or false.

AceNoctali
11-17-2007, 04:30 PM
For the current character list go to
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html

That site is very up to date, its the official SSBB site so there isn't any chance of the information being wrong or false.

http://www.lemondedect.lmdp.net/fire-emblem4/captainobvious.jpg

Well, it's not like most of the people discussing in that thread aren't aware of the existence of the official site, especially since there's discussion of its updates...

777ZAP
11-19-2007, 09:40 PM
does any body know what kind of stages they have on this one?
I hear there is a pictochat stage from DS and Animal crossing.

777ZAP
11-19-2007, 09:48 PM
I can beat any one with link. I also heard he is using the Gale Boomarang from The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, instead of his reagular one. That thing will bring anyone close by:D

LegendKiller
11-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Lol..um..think you can beat anyone with Link? Go look up some major pros on youtube >.> i.e. Isai,SS4Ricky(best USA Link),Chillin bleh..etc..no offense but I highly disagree that you can beat anyone with Link lol..

Regex
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Lol..um..think you can beat anyone with Link? Go look up some major pros on youtube >.> i.e. Isai,SS4Ricky(best USA Link),Chillin bleh..etc..no offense but I highly disagree that you can beat anyone with Link lol..Don't be so sure. This one person may or may not be that good, but Link the character is strong enough that it's possible to counter any other good players. It would be pretty stupid of them to make some characters completely useless...

DrunkenTomb
11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Lol, that is true Regex..we really can't tell unless we've actually seen them play. I would myself..like to see how others handle their characters as myself..I admit I know I'm not a pro..just semi but still..it'd be cool to see.

Ertai87
11-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Don't be so sure. This one person may or may not be that good, but Link the character is strong enough that it's possible to counter any other good players. It would be pretty stupid of them to make some characters completely useless...

DK for the win?

Regex
11-21-2007, 11:57 AM
DK for the win?
I've won with DK before... It's certainly harder to do with the slower characters, but if you play to their strengths, it's possible.

MrClown
11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
omg dude i cant wait for this game and its online and finally they put sonic is in it supposedly sonic is faster than fox woop woop

Morris
11-21-2007, 06:00 PM
omg dude i cant wait for this game and its online and finally they put sonic is in it supposedly sonic is faster than fox woop woop

I'll still take Fox anyday, but I'll reserve judgement on most characters once I get my hands on the game, then there will be lashings of destroying Sonic. Ahh I can't wait and I check the official site everyday for the updates... I really need to cool on the obsession

Ertai87
11-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I've won with DK before... It's certainly harder to do with the slower characters, but if you play to their strengths, it's possible.

So have I...I beat the 15-minute melee with DK...I don't think he's useful for much else though, unless your opponents are using controllers with the X and Y buttons disabled and for some reason also can't push up on the control stick...

Apparently people are saying that Sonic sucks...he does look kind of like a one-trick pony, but I'm most excited at using him and Wario...most of the other characters look kind of lame...

DrunkenTomb
11-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Lol..DK isn't bad at all. look up Korean DJ's (KDJ)'s DK. He's got one of the best in the USA..Don't doubt characters by their speed and big body's. it's all about skill you know =/.

777ZAP
11-23-2007, 02:16 AM
Lol..DK isn't bad at all. look up Korean DJ's (KDJ)'s DK. He's got one of the best in the USA..Don't doubt characters by their speed and big body's. it's all about skill you know =/.

I agree. On original Smash Bros. I got my best score with him.

Oh, and on my last post, i could have over reacted:sweatdrop , but i am very good at smash bros. Link is my best charecter, and with him, i nearly unlocked everything.(exept with the trophies.) speaking of best charecters, nwho is everyone else's?

Aizmov
11-23-2007, 02:21 AM

I'd love t see Megman Legends 3, Capcom has left me disappointed since Legends 2 :(

For SSBB I'm glad to see Solid Snake in the game, I so want to beat him up with Kirby :cool:

VICTOLY
(>*.*)> KIRBY WINS

777ZAP
11-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey, i'm not sure with megaman, but i would just love having Zero on Brawl. He rocks!!!

Ketsuban80
11-24-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm really looking forward to SSBB. I guess I should say who I want playable:

Nintendo Characters:
King K. Rool
Gannondorf
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch
Blaziken
Arceus
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

Third Party characters:
Crash Bandicoot(It's been officially announced that Crash Bandicoot won't be In It! T.T )
Spyro the Dragon
Rayman
Those Bunnies from Rayman raving Rabbids(who wouldn't want to play as a crazy bunny? XD )
Megaman
Gutsman(this Is a character from the Megaman franchise)

Now, you guys are probally wondering, "When was It officially announced about Crash Bandicoot not being In Brawl?". Well, I'll tell you, but I have to go In more explanatory details first. You see, I go on one of the most famous Crash Bandicoot message boards known to mankind, and well, one of the moderators has connections with the develepors of the Crash Bandicoot games. I asked the moderator If he could ask the develepors If Crash would be In brawl. The moderator announced on the message board what the develepors response was, the manager said the following:
"Gotcha. No, that is not currently on the table. Those kinds of tie-ins
take a long time to manifest. It's kind of like MacDonalds convincing
Wendy's to let them sell the Mama Burger. It doesn't happen often.

Kirsten"

Kirsten Is the manager of Radical Entertainment, Radical Entertainment Is the current develepors of the Crash Bandicoot games. Of course, I'm pretty sure that none of you here didn't really want Crash playable In the game, but I still wanted to share that Info with you all anyway. Anyhow, on friday on the SSBB website, they announced Kucas's final smash, wich was already known from the "E for all" Expo. I almost wonder why they called It the "E for all" expo. Perhaps Nintendo wants ESRB to give It an E rating? I highly doubt It though.

777ZAP
11-25-2007, 05:27 PM
What would be real sweet is if young link from majora's mask was on brawl, with his deku, goron, and zora masks. LIke pokemon trainer who is on brawl, link could swich his moves. That would be sweet.