PDA

View Full Version : Spider Man 3 (sigh)

Kishiro
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Ok guys. I work for Game Crazy (NOT GAME STOP / EB, BUT GAME CRAZY), and ever since Spider Man 3 was released, every kid that enters the store, I try to convince not to buy it. It's a waste of money, flat out. Just go see the movie and let that be enough, for it is awesome enough on it's own. I even have Spider-Man 3 on display of XB360 since it runs and looks best on that system... but graphic appearance alone isn't enough to save a game from being complete crap.
Why? Because it is the same game as Spider Man 2, in most ways. Only not as cool. The only entertaining thing about the game is Web Slinging around New York, which can be done in Spider Man 2.

Furthermore, the game just doesn't offer much more than Spider Man 2, at all. And the missions are just boring.

Having said that, I'd like to share the safety guide on what to do if you have purchased this game.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2007/20070509.jpg

-Batman-
05-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah.
I saw the movie opening day, and picked the game up right after. So I didn't have a fair warning. All I could think "Spider-Man 2 was an awsome game. Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty awsome for the 5 dollars I payed as well. So this must be at LEAST as good as them". HA!
For the first 2-3 hours, I had fun. Sadly, the novelty wayned to a...
"Meh, It's okay". After FINALLY spending about 3 hours to get to a freakin' STORY mission (Which theres like...only 3 of), I've come to a conclusion.

The only upgrade to the combat is that I don't have to web up thugs after you beat them up.
The web system is only slightly imrpoved upon.
Wait for the price to drop.

I did hear however, that the DS game was fun. It was all the other games that sucked.

If you need to get your fill of web slinging, go buy back a copy of 2. And if you just need a comic game fix, Go buy Hulk: Ultimate Destruction or X-Men Legends if you haven't done so in the past.

kenji174
05-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Your right. I saw the film and I went and bought the game the day after. I completed the story line in 5 hours whereas it took me longer on spiderman 2.
I like both of your pictures especially the top one.:) I wish that I didnt pay 24.99 for it. :banghead:

Ichiro Matsuchani
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
I honestly didn't think that the game would be much different then Spiderman 2. Why? You can't make a game like this open-ended without the boring repetitive missions. That's the case with most movie based games.

-Batman-
05-18-2007, 01:34 AM
I honestly didn't think that the game would be much different then Spiderman 2. Why? You can't make a game like this open-ended without the boring repetitive missions. That's the case with most movie based games.

The diffrence is...Spider-Man 2 was actually more fun than this.

How do you DOWNGRADE so much?

~SakuraHaruno~
05-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanx for the heads up, I almost bought that game then i was thinking maybe i should wait.

Gorion1928
05-23-2007, 04:17 PM
How do you manage to get a videogame developer that breaks what is already fixed? How does this happen?

nickinerdface
05-24-2007, 09:12 AM
john... john, my love... even the movie wasn't that great, these kids should know the video game is going to fail in more ways than one. i suggest grabbing the guitar hero guitar and hitting them upside the head with it. let me know how that goes.