PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Adventure Game

wii4mii
05-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Someone tell me what their favorite adventure game is and why.

Storm Strife
05-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Monkey Island 1 & 2

These games have some great music, good humor, and puzzles that keep you entertained from start to finish.

Also, Discworld 2: Missing Presumed. I'm a big fan of the Discworld universe, and enjoyed seeing all my favourite characters in game form. Had a lot of puzzles that kept me scratching my head for a while.

The Nightingale
05-29-2007, 09:07 AM
i liked Jak 3,
i was cool how you could drive cars around in the desert and all that.

Famahama
05-29-2007, 09:12 AM
i liked Jak 3,
i was cool how you could drive cars around in the desert and all that.
Jak 3 rocks!! Anyways my favorite action game is Prince of Persia(1, 2, 3). It's fun, and hurts my brain ^^ Second : Syphon Filter . Third : Time Spiltters , Future Perfect (Horray for Jacob Crow)

unspun
05-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Hmm, probably Eternal Darkness for GC. that game OWNED.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
I like how all but two posts haven't actually mentioned an Adventure game.

Sonic, Jak, and the Prince of Persia remakes are Action-Platformers. Syphon Filter and Timesplitters: Future Perfect are FPSs.

When people say Adventure (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_game) they are talking about a genre of story-heavy puzzle games that have been pretty uncommon in the last decade, like Myst (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst).

That said, I'm hot a really big adventure fan. I actually own more adventure games then I've played. But, of the adventure games I've played, I'd have to say Day of the Tentacle.

The Nightingale
05-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Myst is a boring game, i couldnt get into it

Gaarademon
05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
donkey kong 64 was pretty cool it was my first game for the nintendo 64
conkers bad fur day, lmao

bttr
05-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Samurai Warriors(All games) XDDDDDDDDDDDD.

氷の動物
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
The amount of fail in this thread when it comes to naming actual Adventure games is hilarious... fairly soon we will have something from every genre (many of which couldn't even be stretched into the Adventure genre).

With that out of the way my favorites are the Myst series, Zork series (I've only played the text based ones... none of the ones that actually had graphics so I can't comment on them), King's Quest series (excluding Mask of Eternity), and The Longest Journey.

Storm Strife
05-29-2007, 01:21 PM
This thread makes me worry about the future of adventure games.

Okay, for unspun, bttr, Gaarademon, and anyone like them who has or will list a game not in the adventure genre, here's a list of games you should take a look at:
Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis; Beneath a Steel Sky; The Big Red Adventure; Nippon Safes, Inc; the Legend of Kyrandia series; Loom; the John DeFoe series (5 Days a Strange, 7 Days a Skeptic, Trilby's Notes, 6 Days a Sacrifice); The Feeble Files; Dreamweb; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Fable (http://www.abandonia.com/games/en/631/Fable.htm) (Not the one on Xbox and PC, check the game link for details); The Leather Goddesses of Phobos (actually, don't if you're not 18); The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy; The Guild of Thieves; James Clavell's Shogun; Zork; Leisure Suit Larry in The Land Of Lounge Lizards; Laura Bow- The Colonal's Bequest; Phoenix Wright; Hotel Dusk: Room 215; Trace Memory; Shenmue

Those games fit into the adventure category. They involve puzzle solving, exploration, and usually have a lot more narrative than other games. Now please, please think about the genre of the game in your mind before you post...you won't be eaten by a grue, but you will look rather foolish.

Beyond The Grave
05-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Those games fit into the adventure category. They involve puzzle solving, exploration, and usually have a lot more narrative than other games.

^That sounds more like Xenosaga to me than anything else. That game has all of that and then some.

Eris
05-29-2007, 04:03 PM
I love the old LucasArts games: Monkey Island 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and so forth.

Jdmk
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Onimusha fo'sho...

razzen88
05-29-2007, 08:16 PM
adventure hmmm... I would have to say Morrowind!

Its so open ended and you CAN actually go and do whatever you want <3 its lovely

BlU3
05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Um.. I thought Xenosaga's an RPG. ^^; Anyway, I don't play adventure games much nowadays but for a fave. adventure game, I'd have to say; Aveyond. The game has tons n tons of side missions that I had had to love it. Immensely. The game's fun, really.

Wow, so many new faces and I haven't been gone that long... Well, not long IMO anyway. ^^; nice to be back.