PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Party 07 News

Gintara
05-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey guys it's Gintara here and today there were big events taken place today in Japan as SE Party 07 is coming closer and closer. Just want to give you the big events if you haven't know yet:
First announcement was for the PSP; Dissidia: Final Fantasy, rumorly to be called a 'progressive action game.'
Confirmed characters are Zidane, Garnet, Kuja, and the Light Warriors: [x] (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13480594942007050914343au3.jpg)
A Final Fantasy IV remake for DS; developed by the same team who did the DS remake of FF3. [x] (http://ownage.nl/news/20312/)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy will be released in Japan by fall.
A new next-gen RPG, the Last Remnant, was announced for the XBox 360 and PS3. It will be utilizing Unreal Engine 3. Aimed for a Spring 2008 release.
2 Star Ocean remakes for the PSP (First Depature and Second Evolution) and Star Ocean 4; no word on which system yet.[x] (http://ownage.nl/news/20334/)
Dragon Quest IX will be returning w/the traditional battle system; no more online features.
New Chocobo game announced for the Wii.
FFXII International: Zodiac System announced; features English voice acting and 12 new license boards.
FF Crystal Chronicles DS release date August in Japan; also a Rings of Fate trailer for the Wii was shown.

The Pre-party has kicked off today.

There will be more coming soon as Square Enix Party 2007 is this weekend; I'll try to update this thread ASAP. ^_^

Ωmega
05-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I thought about picking up 3 for the DS, but never got around to it. Hopefully 4 will catch my interest more...since 3 was on my 'eh' list

Gintara
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I wished it was for PSP...TT___TT

Was about to get a DS but got a PSP instead. >o< But the new FF title I want to get also the others...:sweatdrop

Does anyone know what Dissidia means? I think it is in Latin...

Oh yeah...this is what it says on the teaser site that opened today:

"FANTASY IS ENDLESS... FANTASY HAS NO LIMITED FORM."

Eh?

Gjallarhorn
05-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm interested in Crisis Core, myself. There was a trailer on the net a few months back, which I believe I posted in my AF Blog. It looked interesting, even considering that I've never really been a Final Fantasy fan.

Wolfwood
05-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Crisis core is a must have for me. the graphics for it, on a psp are pretty amazing ^^

Gintara
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Okay guys, added new announcements to the first post. It is about Star Ocean.

More as soon.

Storm Strife
05-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Sorry to be a newb, but what the flying monkey is the Square Enix Party?

The Blue Baron
05-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Not much of good news since those games suck i was hoping for more interesting types

Gintara
05-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Okay more info added to first post.

Sorry to be a newb, but what the flying monkey is the Square Enix Party?
It's typically a party hosted by Square Enix where they get to know people better and announce new games for the next year or something. I think this is their second party they held like anually.

Linked Anime
05-15-2007, 02:48 PM
I liked the third star oceans but I'm not buying a ps3 for the game. Since its going to go to the ps3 most likely.

I wonder what would happen to the playstation if Square started to make all there games for the Wii/DS/GC

Insurgo
05-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I also heard Square changed the battle system of Final Fantasy, well the news one. They put the same battle system Kingdom Hearts has, but I'm interested in the ones for Japan as seeing as they have he character I like. Also Crisis core is the remix of VII? Or is it Zack's story?

Wolfwood
05-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Crisis Core is Zack's story. A FF7 remake is just a rumour currently, but it seems to get a lot of support as a fact from all the remakes lately.
from what i've seen, FF versux XIII is supposed to be more kingdom hearts style, while FFXIII is more like the other FF's just with a different battle system again.

also looking forward to their new rpg using the unreal engine