PDA

View Full Version : Favorite game that got turned into movie

The Blue Baron
05-05-2007, 03:37 PM
The title says it all whats your favorite game that got turned into a movie and why?

氷の動物
05-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd have to say either Final Fantasy Advent Children or Silent Hill... basically because both of them didn't completely suck like almost every other video game turned movie; that being said both of their plots still weren't very good.

Advent Children was an amazing movie to watch (i.e. eye candy) but there really wasn't much of a plot to it, and the plot that was there didn't make all that much sense (kinda like the plot of Final Fantasy VII surprisingly).

And Silent Hill captured the ambiance and disturbingness of the Silent Hill world but the plot just wasn't very solid and the ending wasn't handled very well either.

Zyco
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I'd have to say either Final Fantasy Advent Children or Silent Hill... basically because both of them didn't completely suck like almost every other video game turned movie; that being said both of their plots still weren't very good.

Advent Children was an amazing movie to watch (i.e. eye candy) but there really wasn't much of a plot to it, and the plot that was there didn't make all that much sense (kinda like the plot of Final Fantasy VII surprisingly).

And Silent Hill captured the ambiance and disturbingness of the Silent Hill world but the plot just wasn't very solid and the ending wasn't handled very well either.

I'd have to agree with you.

The Governator
05-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Non, cause it's simple, non of my favorite games have been and probably never will be made into films.

MistressPookyChan
05-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Super Mario Brothers, hands down! It was live action, which makes it even cooler.

Fragile.Dreams
05-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Silent Hill.
:)

In some ways I think Ico would be a cool movie...
Hmm.

The Blue Baron
05-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Black hawk down Best movie in the army action department if you haven't seen it i advise you to go see it then, the game was ok not the same though......

Chikara-chan
05-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children definately...

but truth be told, that's the only video0game-made-into-movie movie that I have seen other then Super Mario Brothers.

Anime is poison
05-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Eh, I can't really think of ANY good movie that spawned from a game. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, none of those movies were that great. So I'll just say FFVII: Advent Children. :cool:

razzen88
05-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Why Advent Children of course! =O lol but then again I love anything FF...

unspun
05-11-2007, 08:17 PM
hmm I have one that's reverse. Parasite is my favorite game, (but it came from a movie)

But to keep purely on topic, I'd say Silent Hill.

wii4mii
05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Super Mario Brothers, hands down! It was live action, which makes it even cooler.

"AAAAAMMMMMEEEEEENNNNNNN" to that.

The Super Mario Bros. and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

uchiha_yuna93
05-15-2007, 05:18 AM
i like finalfantasyVII-Advent children it was so kawaiii!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

FallenDevil
05-15-2007, 10:06 AM
I'ma be original and not say final fantasy =p.....
Damn it >< Final fantasy advent and Resident evil for me >.>.... shut up!

xssence
05-15-2007, 10:42 AM
i love ff7 so ied say ff7 hands down

Insurgo
05-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Final Fantasy and Resident Evil. Though they could've made Resident Evil a bit better. Also Street Fighter was good. Also Mortal Kombat got turned into a movie, not once but multiple times.

kenji174
05-17-2007, 04:29 AM
Final Fantasy VII easily the best one I've seen. but I quite liked resident evil.

The Nightingale
05-22-2007, 09:37 AM
thats so Resident Evil
Rawr!

xXAltairXx
05-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I Would Have To Say, Ghost Rider And Final Fantasy Advent Children Then Of Course Everyones Favorite Spiderman 3

silvernutbar
05-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I'll go with the whole being inverted thing and say parasite eve too. That ending scene... man that romantic scene was... hot. lol

As to a game that became a movie... super mario bros. was fun... but could have been SOOO much better. Resident evil.. was good, love em all. lol Though coulda been better.. zombie movies in general of late have been an exercise in patience, people constantly doing blatantly stupid things... I mean c'mon land of the dead... BARRICADE THE FRICKING SIDES OF THE CITY...

ahem... uh, back on topic.. my favorite game to movie conversion as lame as it might seem... dungeons and dragons.. which also could have been better, even if it made me want my own midget beholder. lol

xXAltairXx
05-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Okay i have to admit the other best game from a movie is the Pirates Of The Carribean series.

MoonPrincess24
05-22-2007, 10:52 AM

And Silent Hill captured the ambiance and disturbingness of the Silent Hill world but the plot just wasn't very solid and the ending wasn't handled very well either.I most def agree, with you..they are both great video games and turned into both great movies...=]]

.Lovebeat
05-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Not really my ABSOLUTE favourite game, but FF7 is one of the favourites, so FFVIII Advent Children is my answer. I really enjoyed watching it, though I wouldn't rate it 10 out of 10. Something's just missing =/

I also liked Resident Evil a lot and it's a game I'll always remember from my childhood. xD
And I'm also one of those persons that did NOT like the Silent Hill movie... ugh. Why? It wasn't entertaining at all, that's why. I really expected the movie to be better but I really thought... that it sucked. I promise that I was watching every second of that movie as well.

Antares
05-23-2007, 02:07 PM
"AAAAAMMMMMEEEEEENNNNNNN" to that.

The Super Mario Bros. and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

I agree as well! :p

Gorion1928
05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I bet I'm going to catch some serious flak for this, but I think Doom is my favorite videogame turned movie. Not because of the movie for sure. The movie was a steaming pile of wildebeast upchuck. I do however love the games (weird, considering how I can barely make myself play Resident Evil) and this thread is about your favorite game that was turned into a movie.

Khanxay
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't know why everyone lists FF:AC. It wasn't a game. It's a sequel to a game.

Alicaryn Silentread
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Silent Hill Movie I was slightly disappointed with. <3 But the game was awesome.

So I haven't Seen FFVII: Advent Children, mostly because it doesn't interest me.

I'm going to go with Resident Evil. Both of them. I was actually a little terrified of the movie when I saw it. I think it was a better movie than most I've seen.

Eris
05-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Can't say I've seen even one good movie film adaptation. Though, this one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_&#37;28film%29) sort of shows campy promises.

Kuga
05-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Resident Evil.

The first RE movie was just okay.. but the second one, biggest disappointment. Nemmy doesn't turn f'ing good! Don't care if it's part of the movie storyline. It sucked, period.

The best game-based movie I've ever seen so far is Super Mario Brothers.

███
05-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Are we talking about movies that got turned into games or games that got turned into movies?

Finvarra
05-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Silent Hill. It has my favorite caracter in it, Pyramid Head(Red Pyramid whatever) Good Movie too. But can anyone please explain what the ending means??? I dont get it.

Sobriquet
05-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Final Fantasy Advent Children and Resident Evil. xD

george80
05-31-2007, 01:46 AM
I know that Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter have been turned into movies.

Download the Honda 06 CR-V Catalog (http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/honda-motors-644/honda-06-cr-v-227.html)

Solid Snake
05-31-2007, 02:43 AM
HALO MOVIE!!! BECAUSE ITS SOOOO COOL, SPLINTER CELL MOVIE...BEST GAME! yes, splinter cell is coming out in the movies its being published by paramount picutres. And Halo im not sure.

-Batman-
05-31-2007, 03:14 AM
HALO MOVIE!!! BECAUSE ITS SOOOO COOL, SPLINTER CELL MOVIE...BEST GAME! yes, splinter cell is coming out in the movies its being published by paramount picutres. And Halo im not sure.

Halo's on postponement.
One of the films finacial backers...Well, Backed out back in october.
Microsoft and...Fox? Are looking for new backing.
Rest assured, it'll happen, just delayed. Halo has too large a fan base for it to NOT be made.

Oh, and my least favorite game based movie = Resident Evil. Both of them. Who is this Alice, and why isn't she playing the role of Agent Bloodrayne in another movie, which she would be PERFECT for? And Where's my Jill? What? A support character? Ahhh, kay.

Favorite....Super Mario Brothers was corny, but at least it was fun.
Tomb Raider wins for Angelina Jolie in tight clothing to little clothing. As movies however, they sucked.
Hmm...Mario it is.

Chibi-chan
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Silent Hill. It has my favorite caracter in it, Pyramid Head(Red Pyramid whatever) Good Movie too. But can anyone please explain what the ending means??? I dont get it.

SPOILER WARNING!
The ending is quite simple, if not completely off from the game. The mother and daughter are still trapped in the realm of Silent Hill. And I beleive the 'demon' is now within Sharon...Bah. I can't believe that re-named Cheryl.
END OF SPOILER...

Anyway, none of them are particularly good, in my opinion. The first Resident Evil was alright, but since it didn't have any of the characters from the game, I can't hold too much love for it. The second Resident Evil...well, I'm disappointed with it. They had Jill, sure, but she was just there, not doing much of anything. That and the fact that they're making Alice far too powerful.

Advent Children wasn't so much a game adapted into a movie as much as it was a continuation of the story, so I can't choose that for my favorite, though I did enjoy it very much. So much that I possess three copies. >_> Don't ask why...

Tomb Raider was...somewhat decent, but in the end, it didn't live up to the games. Plain and simple.

Doom...That one was complete and utter crap. Probably the worst one.

Super Mario Brothers is one that I haven't seen in a VERY long time and I don't even remember it, so I can't judge that one.

So...if I'd have to pick which one is my favorite, it would have to be Silent Hill. Though they changed things that didn't even NEED to be changed, and though the whole Cheryl/Alessa thing didn't go the way it was supposed to ( which irritated me greatly ), it was a pretty good movie. It was the closest adaptation thus far. They had the original music from the game, they did an excellent job with the creatures, and the town just screamed "Silent Hill", too. Not only that, but Pyramid Head made an appearance! ^_^

And just because I have knowledge of it and I'm on the subject, rumor has it that they're making a second one. As much as I'd hope that it focuses on the Silent Hill 2 storyline, that doesn't seem to be the case...I think it's going to be a direct sequel, which will probably make it crap unless they're going to center it around the Silent Hill 3 storyline.