PDA

View Full Version : Recomend to me some J-rock AFTER you read what I like.

myahon
05-01-2007, 06:10 PM
As J-rock goes it's usually a little TOO hairmetally for me. My background is in post-hardcore. But I am enthralled by Guiltygear soundtracks.

So I really dig 403-Forbidenna. It has the verse chorus breakdown verse, lead becomes rythim style I love. Of course i love Cannon-Rock (the korean Funtwo version) and I am intrigued by Benjerama (into infinity) and Goukisan, even the occasional Yngwie Malmsteem but rarely even Balzac.

What i like about these things is they are going AWAY from the hairmetal sound and into a shockingly complex and origanel sound like the final At the Drive-in Album (btw ATD-I is my fave band of all time if that helps)

I hate techno and hairmetal, I prefer J-rock influenced by the US bands that were more popular over there then they are here. (Misfits anyone?)

I do have a softer Utada style side but I am asking for rock recommendations I'm VERY new to the Japanese rock thing. My history is US and Euro.

Hitsugaya389
05-02-2007, 07:08 AM
try these:
Gackt by Mizerable

Scarlet Wings
05-03-2007, 11:37 PM
If you like Yngwie, check out Concerto Moon. Japanese Neo-classical band with some amazing guitar work =] They're really hard to find though, I'd say your best bet is Myspace.