PDA

View Full Version : anybody play harvest moon?

izzy14backstabber
04-29-2007, 12:51 AM
which harvest moon did u play?

smile1010
04-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Thats such a boring game..

Buruku
04-29-2007, 01:36 AM
Yes I have played Harvest Moon. I have played practically every game, here's some of my favorite things about the games:

Same town layouts. Gotta love it, It's like "oh yeah can't wait to play the next HM game and explore the same town as last time!"

Same character designs. Woot again! Screw actually changing characters, that would take time and effort!

Horrible Dialogue: "The weather is so nice today" "I finished all my housework for today" (at 6:00 am?) "Isn't the weather lovely?" "Oh how I love the weather" For a game as long as harvest moon they really need to come up with something better, they have like 3 lines per person.

Ok maybe I'm being unfair because they have changed characters and towns before, but for all the HM games the come out with, they really don't change that much about them.

I do like Harvest Moon though, way more then I should. Its one of those games I waste a ridiculous amount of time on when I have nothing else to do.

Crippe
04-29-2007, 04:49 AM
harvest moon is kinda good. I have only played HM for SNES and N64, but they are funny to play sometimes ^^

Asyuoli
04-29-2007, 06:08 AM
i like harvest moon

the oonly thing i dont like is the fact that they have pathetic excuses to make you leave

Famahama
04-29-2007, 06:57 AM
I played it liked it for a while then dropped it. They repeat their lines too much.
The PS1 verse is much better than all the PS2 verse (to me)

Asyuoli
04-29-2007, 09:47 AM
;1660380']
The PS1 verse is much better than all the PS2 verse (to me)

i agree with that

the PS1 version might have had worse graphics but (not sure why) it seemed better =]

zyronet
04-29-2007, 10:36 AM
yep! ive played some.. in gba and ps2..
but.. sometimes its fun, sometimes..
I like getting married, and the courtship thing.. sweet.. nothing more..

wushuuu
04-29-2007, 11:26 AM
harvest moon is my favorite^^
im playing friends of mineral town, more friends of mineral town and harvest moon ds.
im completely addictive to that game! haha ^^
its fun playing harvest moon even though it seems go round and round through that game.

Khanxay
04-30-2007, 07:57 AM
I loved A Wonderful Life on the Gamecube. Most recent one I played was Magical Melody. And I don't like that one at all. Graphics looked like they took a step down from the last game. -_-

Zaig
04-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I played that game once on the N64 and it was actually all right, but I haven't played it or even thought about it since today...

Buruku
04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I loved A Wonderful Life on the Gamecube. Most recent one I played was Magical Melody. And I don't like that one at all. Graphics looked like they took a step down from the last game. -_-

Really? I never did play MM, but I thought the graphics improved, I didn't like the character design but it looked more detailed. I'm basing my opinion off of screen shots though, so I'm willing to take your word for it.

I did like Wonderful life though.

gothic tears
04-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I have Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (Special Edition) and Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland.
I played the game for quite a while then got deadly bored of it and then years later played it again, ect., ect. It's like a chain thing.
I get sooo over hearing the same thing again and again. Then having to do practically the same thing every day. Also, I get upset about the fact of how short the days are. I barely have time to go through a regular routine on the game.
And I always acciedently hit my animals and get them all mad at me XO
Somtimes on purpose though >.> Mwuhahaha. ...
But it's a different game compaired to anything I've ever played.

souske
04-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I've played it. it was a okay game when you have nothing else to do.

izzy14backstabber
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
i played harvest moon: friends of mineral town & more friends of mineral town on gba.. i played harvest moon: save the homeland on ps2.. i played harvest moon: back to nature on ps1.. i played harvest moon ds on nintendo ds... can't help, i guess i'm a fan of hm...

Yasuke Shodaime
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
I have heard of it but i never played it what is it like

izzy14backstabber
05-02-2007, 12:50 PM
it's about try to make farm a better place to life... There will be mayor, priest, hot chicks, rivals, harvest goddess, harvest sprites, the animals (horse, chickens, sheep, dog & cows) & the villagers.. Get married, get a child, & a lot of other things... celebrate festivals, birthdays & some events... Breeds pets...
win the competition... what else??

The Blue Baron
05-02-2007, 03:22 PM
I played the gamecube version and i liked it it's kinda like animal crossing except with more things to do...

Eris
05-02-2007, 03:59 PM
it's about try to make farm a better place to life... There will be mayor, priest, hot chicks, rivals, harvest goddess, harvest sprites, the animals (horse, chickens, sheep, dog & cows) & the villagers.. Get married, get a child, & a lot of other things... celebrate festivals, birthdays & some events... Breeds pets...
win the competition... what else??

Of course, you don't -need- to do it. You can let the farm deteriorate as you kick your boots on the table and slack off all day long.

Buruku
05-02-2007, 04:07 PM
hot chicks
lol

Of course, you don't -need- to do it. You can let the farm deteriorate as you kick your boots on the table and slack off all day long.

Its funny, in some games they actually tell you to leave town if you don't make a certain amount of progress.

Tiamat
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
I own the game Harvest Moon for the GameCube~!

I've had it for 2 years, and yet, I have yet to get past my son's birthday stage... :closedeye Ya. I'm a hopeless case.

It's very fun though~! You get to own a family, take care of your animals...pretty much go through the general life of a farmer. I've even gotten myself into a sort of...'schedule'.

Go water/plant/harvest the crops
Go cut the grass in the field (and take out the animals, if it rained/snowed)
Milk the cows/goat, and get the eggs There goes about 4 or 5 hours...
Go get te horse and...do stuff until 5 PM
Come back and water the crops
Milk the cows/goat (and put away animals if raining/snowing)
Go to bed.That's...pretty much all I do for the whole time...:laugh:

A thing about it is that it doesn't show you the hardships much.
You don't have to worry about the everyday question: "Will I have enough money to put bread down on the table for my family?!"
Pfff...you really only feed your cows, chickens, and sheep (and etc.). And the eat the grass out in the field...so no...not really. :<_<:
K+ verison.

CrimsonMoon
05-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I only play hm back to nature in ps1. I like this sim game. I played save the homeland but I kinda, umm..., get lost in the town. >.> It's just WAY bigger than HM:BTN. And the time's faster. In BTN, I love all the festivals except swimming festival. I totally drown my character. x_x

izzy14backstabber
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
i bought the hm:btn on ps1.. i tried to play it but it is in japanese.. i don't understand a single thing at all... this happen when i bought naruto too...
mayb, i have been curse with bad luck thing...

Buruku
05-03-2007, 10:52 AM
i bought the hm:btn on ps1.. i tried to play it but it is in japanese.. i don't understand a single thing at all... this happen when i bought naruto too...
mayb, i have been curse with bad luck thing...
I though ps1's had region lockout, and...couldn't you tell you were buying a Japanese game?

Mr. Hat-and-Clogs
05-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I only played the Gamecube version... but i fell in love with it. The reason I stopped playing was that I couldn't sit in front of the TV anymore. My back and butt hurt so much after 2 hours of that game. That's why I am looking forward to the PSP version... so I can play on the couch or in bed^^.

Regex
05-04-2007, 12:22 AM
I only played the Gamecube version... but i fell in love with it. The reason I stopped playing was that I couldn't sit in front of the TV anymore. My back and butt hurt so much after 2 hours of that game. That's why I am looking forward to the PSP version... so I can play on the couch or in bed^^.
Well there was Harvest Moon DS.. That one's been out for months.

Ichiro Matsuchani
05-04-2007, 07:38 AM
It's a surprisingly good game, but that's just me basing it off of the GBA version that I played. All I could could comment about is how quickly the game got old. I played it for maybe a week and enjoyed it, but after that I moved on to something else.

Almirith
05-04-2007, 08:05 AM
i have played but the whole thing is confusing on how to get the animals and ppl to like you

茉莉ちゃん
05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
牧場物語:innocent Lifeこの間手に入るすごいゲームだよ

Wolfwood
05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
the DS one didnt score too well since it's basicly the gba one just with minor use of the touch screen.
good for people who haven't played it before, but not for fans looking for a new HM experiance.
the fantasy based DS HM is supposed to be out soon (checking on that. HM games have a habbit of popping up suddenly)
and a future based one on psp.

i think a wii version would be very cool, you could actualy dig and stuff using the wii-mote. hope there's one in the making ^^

edit: ok, we actualy got Rune factory for DS (the fantasy hm game) aswell as a 2nd one of that when we haven't even got one O_o
then there's another DS one called Harvest Moon: The Island I Develop With You.

then there's harvest moon innocent like (future based one) and HM: boy girl for psp (this one seems like a remake in 3-d style)

the wii also seems to be getting Harvet Moon Heros. not much known bout this so far.

sooo, seems like HM all round for everyone ^^; lol

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Asyuoli
05-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Its funny, in some games they actually tell you to leave town if you don't make a certain amount of progress.

i found they kicked me out in year 2 when i didnt marry anyone :(

Khanxay
05-05-2007, 01:21 PM
i have played but the whole thing is confusing on how to get the animals and ppl to like you
Animals: You take care of them. Feed the every day, talk to them, brush them, and not try to reap their souls with the sickle.

People: Give gifts (That they like..fodder usually doesn't work) and talk to them at least once a day.

I found they kicked me out in year 2 when i didnt marry anyone
Yeah. On some games I progress fairly slow. Usually I won't get my routine till after the 1st spring season.

I seem to suck at raising any animal except chickens. -_-

Chun Shu
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I had the one with the girl... I think it was, Harvest Moon More Friends of Mineral Town. But I sold it, and I had it for... Game Boy Advanced

izzy14backstabber
05-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I though ps1's had region lockout, and...couldn't you tell you were buying a Japanese game?

the owner's shop said it it english.. he also said that the cd cannot be tested at the shop... so, i juz bought it.. luckily, it's not my money... it's my sister's...

Asyuoli
05-07-2007, 05:02 AM
Yeah. On some games I progress fairly slow. Usually I won't get my routine till after the 1st spring season.

yeah im like that too

plus also the animals that tend to survive for me is the dog =|

kenji174
05-17-2007, 04:40 AM
I don't own the game but my friend lent me for about a month and I thoughly enjoyed it.

Shadow of nothin
05-22-2007, 08:06 AM
i played 2 parts from harvest

1- save home land
2- wonderful life

it's a great game actually
i love animals by the way and how to treat them ^^
it's really my style
i wish to try all the parts but i couldn't T.T

Infinita
05-23-2007, 02:20 PM
I've played so many different Harvest Moon games. Its fun but it can get kinda boring after a while. ^^

Princess Reina
05-28-2007, 08:03 AM
I played:
- Harvest Moon. Friends of Mineral Town
- Harvest Moon. More friends of Mineral Town
- Harvest Moon. Sprites Station (DS).

I liked the two games on GBA. In the first one I was a boy and I was married to Ann. In the second I was a girl and I wasn't married. I adored that dude from the church (I don't remember his name) but I didn't marry him. The reason was easy: I didn't have time for playing games anymore. I had school stuff on my head.
I bought Harvest Moon for DS and in my opinion, it is one of the worst HM games. The goal isn't bad because you must find all 101 harvest sprites but:
- the music is awful!
- festivals are boring
- is hard to make someone your girlfriend (you must give them special, rare gifts)
- some love scenes between girl and your rival are kinda bad
- If you want to see some scenes your friendship with this person must be at 100 level (what is stupid, how many gifts I should give them)
- First year is ok because you play it first time, but later the game gets boring.

Well, for people who want to play "Harvest Moon" i have advice: buy the games for GBA because are da bomb and you can play it everywhere.

███
05-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Indeed I have, never could get past my five minute record for the longest play.

Asyuoli
06-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I played:

- Harvest Moon. Sprites Station (DS).

how much was it??

i was thinking of getting i tut also i couldnt find it anywhere :(

xRisingForce
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I've played Friends (and More Friends) of Mineral Town, A Wonderful Life, Harvest Moon 64 (which I'm pretty sure is a port of the PS1 version), and Save the Homeland.

A Wonderful Life
Pretty much sucked after playing 64, the movement was sloppy and the framerate was horrible. It took out basically everything that made the 64 version amazing.

I think was the best all around, had the marriage system, let you till your own soil (not premade crap), the smoothest animation next to Save the Homeland, great colors, it was just a smooth game all-around. I also like the fact that you could level up your weapons, and that you had to chop your own lumber to buy extensions.

Mineral Towns
Erm, I didn't really get too much into these, but I've heard decent things about them. It kinda sucks they took away the eight degrees of motion from 64, and the music is kinda cheesy too.

Save the Homeland
This one's the second best, in my opinion. It holds all the good qualities of Harvest Moon 64, although you can't level up your weapons (at least, where I am). One beef that I had with this game is that all my chickens got sick, for some reason. I have no idea why, and all five of them ended up dying. So I started another file, and they died again.

kiyoshimo
06-19-2007, 01:46 AM
I love Harvest Moon. ^^ It's a fun game that I can play for hours.. The current version I'm playing right now is More Friends of Mineral Town. But my all time favorite is Save the Homeland. :D

WIXIE
06-19-2007, 05:00 AM
Did you say Harvest Moon? I love it!! I only play the famale version for GBA. I'm still playing that game but since now is school days so I need to wait untill next holiday. This game is so great and now I'm trying to raise her child. I'm hoping to get male baby but always get female. I wonder, what are the differences between the male and female version? I wanted to buy but it seems that female version is a lot popular than the male version around my country. Well, I seems to talk too much. SORRY!