PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360 Elite

Kishiro
04-23-2007, 09:52 AM
April 29th, the XB360 Elite will be released to the public.
Let's do a little bit of comparing, and see why you should get this instead of the original Premium XB360.

Premium XB360:
-$499
-20GB of HD space.
-Only came in white. But you could get skins and face plates for it.
-Had some hardware/firmware, and OS issues. These were made correctable by software download via XBL though for those with Internet Access.

XB360 Elite:
-$479
-120 GB of HD space.
-Comes in white and black. BLACK. The way X-Boxes were meant to be.
-All previous issues are not a problem as they've been corrected for the improved OS and hardware.
-Rumored to do better with the backwards compatibility emulation of original XB games. (Which... actually makes sense and might be true, since the OS and hardware have been improved)

I was waiting for something like this to happen when the XB360 first launched, I figured a better version would come out, and here we have it. And for a bit cheaper too. 20 bucks makes a difference in all states and areas that have tax.
>_>
So if you don't live in Oregon or on a military base, the price drop is good news!

I'll be getting one, anyone else? I need people to beat the pants off of in XBL.

Buruku
04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
The elite would definitely be a good buy imo, I have no reason to get a 360 though, I can just play my bfs.

If they ever release a pink one though I'm sold. Beause I'm a complete idiot.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Figuring for 7% sales tax (Which is fairly normal, I think), a $20 drop in price means $1.40 less in taxes, so I don’t get where you are coming from.

This isn't going to make me want to buy a 360. Granted, there's nothing that makes me want to go out and buy any of the next gen consoles. But, whatever.

氷の動物
04-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Premium XB360:
-$499

XB360 Elite:
-$479

Uh actually the Premium XB360 is $399 and has been since it launched... the Elite is actually $80 more expensive then the Premium console. I guess its worth it if you want the HDMI support and the extra hard drive space though and don't already own an XBOX360... but I personally don't see why a bunch of people are trying to upgrade to this from a Premium XBOX360 as it isn't really that much of an upgrade.

Kishiro
04-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Good catch!
I was wrong on the price part. I dunno why I thought it was otherwise.

*Kayako*
04-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Ok, I work at Best Buy. We get to try the stuff out before it comes out... SO let me give a word of advice... it's the same thing as X-box 360 just more memory and a different case... It's almost like a purse from coach and gucci, the same thing just different styles/brands.

It's a waste of money, they both overheat, they both get red eye... they have the same graphics... they just are trying to find a new way to take your money and be like.. Oh well, have a nice day...!

Regex
04-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Ok, I work at Best Buy. We get to try the stuff out before it comes out... SO let me give a word of advice... it's the same thing as X-box 360 just more memory and a different case... It's almost like a purse from coach and gucci, the same thing just different styles/brands.

It's a waste of money, they both overheat, they both get red eye... they have the same graphics... they just are trying to find a new way to take your money and be like.. Oh well, have a nice day...!
Well it's not a waste of money if you don't have an XBox 360 yet. It's another release to encourage new customers to buy one, that's all.

Zero Bullets
04-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Personallly I like the white color better (It matchs with my Wii). The only redeeming feature I see to it is the fact it has a bigger hard drive, but then again that can be bought separately. The best thing they could have done to make this a better deal is have the hd-dvd drive built in.

Ichiro Matsuchani
04-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Personallly I like the white color better (It matchs with my Wii). The only redeeming feature I see to it is the fact it has a bigger hard drive, but then again that can be bought separately. The best thing they could have done to make this a better deal is have the hd-dvd drive built in.I don't see why you'd need a bigger hard drive. If you're someone like me, then you probably haven't even filled it to the halfway point yet. Or have even gotten close, for that matter.

Almirith
04-23-2007, 05:21 PM
i think i would get one then again maybe i would buy the cheaper one

FaceKillah
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I'll definitely be getting it since the 360 we have now can't come with me. lol Besides... I'll need something so I can play Fable 2, GTA4 and Assassin's Creed while I'm in college. xD

Ichiro Matsuchani
05-11-2007, 08:21 AM
There isn't any major difference between them. If you already have an Xbox 360, than there's no reason to get the Elite. The larger hardrive isn't exactly necessary, and the graphical difference is negligible. Plus, I don't like the 360 in black. It looked right on the original one, but it just doesn't fit on the 360.

Even if you don't have a 360, the elite is still $470, while the price for the deluxe package has dropped to $350. That's a whoping $120 dollar difference. If there's anything that I would get it for, it would be the black controller.