PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear..!?

Lady Sesshomaru
04-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Now I'm sure we all are aware of what the greatest video-game to ever exist is, right? Of course you do. It's Metal Gear Solid. There's no way to doubt Snake's prowess in all things espionage. Hideo Kojima is a genius. Making the first games ever to be not about mass murder and destruction, but tactical evasion of enemies, using sound to that advantage, such as noisy floors, knocking on walls, explosions.

Honestly, what is better than that? But, hey kids. Metal Gear Solid doesn't have to be sneaky avoid killing. For those of you who love mindless kill everyone games, Metal Gear Solid can help you there, too. You see, as long as you don't evade notice for too long, you'll have an infinite number of guards come after you, which you can mow down with your FAMAS assault rifle, or your SOCOM .45.

The voice-crew for the game was simply outstanding. Half of Psycho Mantis' freakiness comes from the fact that his voice is so creepy. Liquids English voice? Fits perfectly in the story line. I mean, come on; "Did you like my Sunglasses, Snake?!" That's so great. Grey Fox's raspy, dead-to-the-world voice, perfect.

Regex
04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
It was an okay series of games. It had its high points, but overall, it was just decent.

Not only that, but hey, did you know that Metal Gear Solid is the first game that has fully automated voices, never relying on subtitles except for the hearing impaired? Final Fantasy can't even claim that, and they're on their twelfth game. Truly a game beyond its time.This isn't true. Metal Gear Solid is far from the first to do this. They have been completely voicing games since the Turbographx 16 days. Watch your wild claims... I don't like people spouting ridiculous nonsense and calling it fact.

Lady Sesshomaru
04-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Mmks. Corrections will be made then.

lavayn
04-23-2007, 02:40 PM
that seris i one of my all time favorites i have beaten mgs 1-3 and waiting for 4 but i unfortunetly dont have a PS3 :(

maximillian_cross
04-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Well, I suppose that Metal Gear is a great game overall, but you just make it sound way too great.