PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need some help

The Governator
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, I know some of you will think I need to get a life, and I probably do, but meh, I need some help.

Currently, I am going through a spell of rubbishness at any game I play, I use to be a demon on C&C Generals, now I can't even beat a normal AI, same with Unreal, and Battlezone II and I don't even want to mention what has happened to my skill at WH40K: DoW.

So, have any of you lot gone through what I am, and if you have, did you eventually pull out of it and how did you, or did you just give up playing games?

Regex
04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Like with any skill-based game, if you stop playing for a while, you will get out of practice, and you will not be quite as good.

So, if you want to be good at that game again, you probably have to play it as much as you used to. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the dedication to you.

Oh, and make sure you're free of any mind-altering substances to start with. Drunken RTS games rarely go well.

bttr
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
That happens to me alot .I just keep playing the easier levels or modes of that game then when I feel I can play the harder levels I do then it works for me.

The Governator
04-16-2007, 05:10 PM
@ Ragex: mmmm, I'll give your idea a shot, sounds like the most logical explanations

@ bttr: The thing is, I got to the point where I could beast several brutal armies of China as USA or GLA and only loose half the units they did and I just played agaisnt an easy army and it was too dull, some how my skill has dropped between normal and easy.

note, I'm using C&C Generals as my example as it is the game I play most frequently.

Light Buster
04-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Regex is correct. You'll need a lot of practice. I'm using C&C 3: Tiberium Wars as my practice so I can conquer online.

bug
04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Happened to me. You just have to continue to play and you'll eventually regain your skills. It's like riding a bike, you could never really forget how to do it after you did it once.

Kira_yamato69
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Meh practice makes perfect! I am a master at every game i play cause I make sure I am awsome before just going into a game!