PDA

View Full Version : S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

Eris
04-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Anyone played it? I liked it, despite the fact that it's horribly buggy at times. The story didn't make a whole lot of sense all the time, but all that's made up for by the AI. Never before have I encountered such resistance from a computer. One enemy would lay cover fire whilst the others flanked me, and enemies are constantly popping out where you didn't expect them to be. Really interesting game.

lavayn
04-16-2007, 11:47 AM
YES it is UNBELIVABLY buggy but if u get the patch it fixes a lot of it. I just downloaded it and it is really hard the first part where u have to kill the people in the little town thing took me 8 tries. Its mostly because the AI is unpredictable, they camp and flank....

Eris
04-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, the first mission is pretty frustrating, but then again, so would it be if you were to do it in real life, armed with a puny handgun and wearing nothing more than a shirt for protection.

zig
04-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Stalker is pr0 imo

mythroch
04-19-2007, 09:09 AM
It has a story line???....ok
haven't played it yet but i want to. I was told the AI was great but thanks for confirming that.
after reading this i want to play it more. Oh hurry up pay day.

Eris
04-19-2007, 10:11 AM
It has a story line???....ok
haven't played it yet but i want to. I was told the AI was great but thanks for confirming that.
after reading this i want to play it more. Oh hurry up pay day.

I think there is a storyline somewhere in there, though, it is extremely confusing. Can't say I understand what happened when I finished the game. Though, maybe I chose an ending that wasn't very obvious what happened (there are supposed to be many different endings.)

lavayn
04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
i had to start the game over :( i got to a part where i couldnt save the guy because the task force arrived right when i got there

Eris
04-23-2007, 03:40 PM
i had to start the game over :( i got to a part where i couldnt save the guy because the task force arrived right when i got there

That happened to me too. I think I solved it by running back through the transition as soon as the game loaded, that or running away behind a bush and lobbing a grenade into the group.