PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares from Videogames

Ichiro Matsuchani
04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I was lent a copy of the April issue of the Xbox Gaming Magazine, and inside was an amusing article of the greatest game related nightmare that you have ever had. Here was the best one.

"It all starts at what looks like one of those rundown houses from Half-life 2, but Spartan soldiers and military guys are everywhere. I'm manning a turret, just unloading on the houses; something seriously bad is inside. I stop pouring bullets into it and the first strike team is heading towards the house when this big werewolf creature that looks like something out of Big Trouble in Little China jumps out and tears the team apart! I retunr fire and send millions of bullets into this thing, but it's just jumping all over the place slowly making its way to me. It leaps, but luckily it jumps directly at the turret and its head gets popped like one of those little guys running at my troika in Gears of War.

Suddenly, I'm in an arena fighting for my life against a horde of Halo Spartans. I guess being the only survivor made me a traitor. But I'm all over the place getting kill after kill with the energy sword; then I hear this voice say "Unfreakinbelievable," and all is still. I look into the sky and the sun eclipses. Then the dream ends."

There are many others along with that, all of them just as amusing as this one. So I thought,"Why not open a thread to see what other crazy dreams these gamer addicts have?"

So thus the question; Have video games ever given you nightmares?

Velvet_Nightmare
04-09-2007, 02:32 PM
I believe playing Call of Duty 2 caused me to have a nightmare, in which I was armed with a Springfield, and forced to fend off an entire company of Germans.

ThE_LoST_ShaDoW
04-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I once had a nightmare that resembled the game Silent Hill 2. I just remember the wierd mannequin legs and running from them :D

Hamashimura
04-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Playing game Alone in the Dark(I believe it is it' title),after that I had nighmare...
But that nightmare didn't resembled that game quite much except for monsters coming out from shadows...
It was dark...Suddenly flashlight was in my hand(dont ask me how)...Then it all started,shadows kept attacking,I was killing them with light(lol)
Suddenly,I hear children crying...I go in the room next,seeing how those creatures eat them alive,but when I tried to stop them,my flashlight went off...batteries were dead...
I felt how they are touching me,I felt their breath on my body,and suddenly sun started rising...I was happy...
But sun...it wasnt the sun as I know...
The sun was too close,it was pure red,and it was burning my body(this is when game stops in my nightmare),I felt how my skin and bones are burning...
I closed my eyes,and felt the burn...
Then I woke up,still feeling same burning on my body...
Later I realised that I felt burning cuz I had temperature...
So basicly,game was affecting my dream till one part(that's why I posted it here,cuz I thought that game was the thing that started that dream)

Ωmega
04-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Ive had nightmare from all three of the Fatal Frame games.

I continue to have the nightmares until I beat the game, then they go away, lol

Khanxay
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Nightmares? Hell, I don't even dream when I'm sleeping anymore. Although one certain event in RE4, made unable to sleep at night once...all I could think about was poor Billy..

Buruku
04-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Nope I've never had a nightmare, I don't really play scary games.

Sagat
04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Silent Hill games gave me a few weird dreams, slightly disturbing, nothing I woke up hiding under my covers about, though.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I've never had a nightmare, but I have had very video-game inspired dreams.

For example sometime after beating KotOR2, I had a dream where I was trying to infiltrate a base to retrieve something or another. Anyway, after diplomacy failed, I was forced to brutally dispatch hordes of guards using a vibroblade (modified to be poisonous) and a short lightsaber. And not nicely brutally dispach guards- it was Kratos from God of War level violence. It was awesome.

Eris
04-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Not really. I once had a nightmare that was in a cityscape sort of reminiscent of the latter part of Half Life 2 (only slightly less high-tech, and with no combine soldiers), though, the dream shared nothing else with the game. The "bad-guys" were stupid people. For some reason, everyone but me completely lost their sense of self-preservation, and started lighting themselves on fire and driving cars off buildings and the like for their own amusement.

Light Buster
04-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Nightmares? FEAR can answer that, because of Alma. Very scary girl.

Clawdia
04-13-2007, 03:18 AM
Uhm...I've played certain videogames for so long that when I finally go to sleep I dream about them, but nothing that really scares me. My brother, though, he tried to play the first Resident Evil some years back, and that game gave him nightmares for weeks afterward. We'd have to wake him up from them almost every night, and he was nearly 30!

CrimsonMoon
04-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Kuon scares the living out of me. I still remember the intro when the children sing together. Sure it enters my sleep, but I only have a vague memory of the dream. I just remember the ghost suddenly appearing before me, though I don't remember the face. That's alright enough since I don't wanna remember ghost's face anyway...

Alicaryn Silentread
04-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Well, when I was smaller, I used to watch my father and uncle play Resident Evil, and that gave me a few nightmares. And a fear of zombies. o.o;;

But when I was playing the Fatal Frame games with my two best friends, that game gave me quite a few disturbing and interesting dreams. )= Weird game it was.

I giggled at Silent Hill, by the way. x3 Yes, it was scary, but I was more worried about making blood spray then being scared. ;D

threekings
04-13-2007, 07:29 AM
:rollt: I know I might be asking a bit much from you guys but just what is it that triggers the nightmares?

Yasuke Shodaime
04-13-2007, 07:33 AM
:rollt: I know I might be asking a bit much from you guys but just what is it that triggers the nightmares?maybe its omething that you surpress and it comes back as a nightmare like if someone you knew died and you have a nightmare about it like 3 years later thats my theory

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
04-13-2007, 07:42 AM
I had a nightmare about Vampire blood mascarade... It was funny and yet creapy...

Then after that nightmare I had gotten a nightmare about a curse upon our home. It was dark it was cold. Our house walls was not white but black. A mutated creature-man arived in a carraige... Most of his flesh was torn away.

He was the one who was the curse and he wanted to enter the house. I was stnding at the gate then poof I was in the home with the door open his black horrid deatly eyes looking at me..

I freaked out and threw soemthing-- I think a fork and it smashed into his face.. could remember much it was a long time ago... his head rolled on front my feet his arm lyig a meter away from his head. The carragie still standing there.

It was just so horrid ... then I had another one after that one about me holding four children in my hands in a room that looked very much like my class...then I went walking in the hall and met a smart ghost which showed me a book-library and then I saw that the hall turned into the library and then He showed me the book and said soemthing about the curse... That was when I had the dream of the children disipear out of my hands me searching like wildly about... It was jst a crazy dream...

I had more... But gosh... just goes to show what F.E.A.R can do to you and Vapire games and TV...

bttr
04-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Samurai warriors 2 .I played it all day .Then I slept I dream't I was in a battle .I Killed about 380 K.O..Well it wasn't a nightmare.But waking up before the battle was over that was a nightmare.

Giliwko
04-13-2007, 10:34 AM
i had this nightmares of mine when i played the resident evil 3 nemesis......i dream that i was jill valentine shooting zombies it was fun but i got trap when i heard nemesis yelling! i saw a door so i got in and locked it but ther is no scape cuz nemesis broke the door and aiming me his rocket launcher!!..and thank god!!! i woke!!!!.....what a relieve!:)

Light Buster
04-14-2007, 01:03 AM
I had more... But gosh... just goes to show what F.E.A.R can do to you and Vapire games and TV...
Was Alma involved?

maximillian_cross
04-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Heh, Silent Hill and Resident Evil always caused nightmares for me. I can't sleep at night. I don't know why, but I still play the games even when I know that I'm going to have nightmares. haha

wushuuu
04-24-2007, 08:04 AM
playing video games like that makes me creepy.. yiiihh...
even though i see them afar...
i always avoid that video games especially the horror and suspense ones... haha

danie-chan
04-24-2007, 09:32 AM
There was a game we played before... I think the game was called Haunting Ground... I had nightmares about the maid there following me with her high-pitched, creepy laughter that drives me insane!!! o.O

Zero Bullets
04-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Hmmm....nightmares? The only one I can think of is after playing Trauma Center: Second Opinion for a while I dreamt of being paralyzed on a table, and little scalpels and stuff where operating on me.

Link3F
05-02-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't think I've had any nightmares for playing RE or Silent Hill or any of those games... but it would be nice xD

Spectyr
05-05-2007, 08:18 PM
I've never had game nightmares, but I have had game related dreams.

Sometimes I'm going around some world doing adventurous things but as I'm moving around I fell the sensation of a controller in my hands.

hireshi
05-09-2007, 03:58 AM
I've had many dreams, if I've been too addicted to a game over days >>;
But, I've only had one "nightmare" as I can remember. That's from Doom 1 on Snes, I tried when I was 9 years old >_>;

gothic tears
05-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Of course. Silent Hill 3(honestly, who does'nt get nightmares from that game, lol) I was 9 years old when I first played it and I could'nt sleep for about a month straight.
I still can't sleep as good as I could before playing that game, lol.
It's the scariest game I've ever played in my life, lol.

CapnJack
05-10-2007, 02:53 AM
Resident Evil (any) usually did the trick for me. Boy, they say its freaky to play it at night in the dark..... yeah right, untill you go to bed that is. I HATE ZOMBIES!

Ive had a nightmare or two about Doom. No not the newest 3rd one, but so much as its the first Doom. When your walking down a hallway and the walls open up to millions of Demons wanting to tear your flesh apart without remorse and your dream wont drop a BFG in your lap, you tend to want to keep running and screaming till you wake up in a puddle of sweat. (hopefully its sweat.):confused:

Anime is poison
05-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Hmmm, thats very interesting. I don't recall actually getting a nightmare from a game, although I do dream about playing Guitar Hero every now and then, lol.

I suppose if you play Resident Evil or Silent Hill games a lot you could develop mental issues that give you nightmares, but most games are more enjoyable than scary. Although war games could have that effect too, so whoever said Call of Duty 2, I can see your point on that.

Sandro
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Nah, haven't had a nightmare from a video game. But besides, RE and SH are best to play in the dark! I did have one or two Resident Evil related dreams though...Haha, kicked the zombie's decaying asses. I play war games as well, for instance Call of Duty 3, and I enjoy it. It really gives a hisorical insight during the Battle of Normandy campaign.

razzen88
05-11-2007, 07:29 PM
If I play a game for too long, I get nightmares. ugh like Halo, Bloodrayne, Hunter...

unspun
05-11-2007, 08:23 PM
When my husband started playing Silent Hill, we sat day in and day out playing 1, then 2, then 3, when we got to 3 he said he couldn't do it anymore and he felt like he was really losing his mind, I guess he was having nightmares from it (he told me later)

not me though, my nightmares are all about crap like wall street and school.

.Lovebeat
05-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Well, when I was smaller, I used to watch my father and uncle play Resident Evil, and that gave me a few nightmares. And a fear of zombies. o.o;;
Same here, except that I watched my brother play :x
He never let me sleep so I had to stay up and watch the game xD

Light Buster
05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Here's my most recent one. I was trained as a GDI Zone Tropper and was on the battlefield to defeat the Scrin. I was in squad Alpha and was to destroy the control node. Just before I destroyed the control node, some devestator warship came by and killed my squad. I woke up before a large group of buzzers overwelmed me.

RockStar
05-17-2007, 06:18 PM
when the first resident evil game came out my cousin had it and i saw the part were the dogs jump through the windows and i was ALREADY afraid of dogs. keep in mind i was like 5-8 (when did it come out on ps? 95? 98? something like that).

The Nightingale
05-29-2007, 09:23 AM
i had a nightmare after playing silent hill:the room. in this dream i was walking down and old subway tunnel and some mutant dogs came outta no where and sucked me dry. yes i fell outta my bed when i woke.

culade
05-29-2007, 10:54 PM
i've never had a game based nightmare, actually i stopped having nightmares way before games got good enough for them. i play silent hill (1-3) all the time and never was effected. but i have game related dreams all the time. i just had one where i was killing creatures with a huge glowing sword and god of war like combos. i love my dreams, they're fun:D .

BlU3
05-30-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh.. the nightmare. x__X No game has ever haunted me so badly. It was years ago. I watched my friend play Hunting Ground (at least I think that is the name of the game. Been a long time. Might be wrong. Anyway, it's the game where you control this weak girl and have to hide and run away from the creepy people *cough* more like maniacs, really *cough*) If you've played the game then you know that creepy woman with the knife that when she's chasing you around you'll hear that extremely spooky music that just makes your hair stand on end? Whenever I remember that particular spooky music, I get nightmares. Seriously. And I only watched my friend play it. Imagine if I were to play it myself. I might get nightmares.. forever. *shivers from thought* Even Fatal Frame couldn't give me any nightmares. Oh goody.. I just remembered that music. x__X

p/s: my nightmares usually only involve running from maniacs who're trying to kill me. ^^; *points to the characters in Hunting Ground*

jonram91
07-01-2007, 12:03 AM
I had a resident evil four one. It was where you and that guy (Luis i think his name was) are locked in the house and are fighting off zombies.

Zycolette
07-01-2007, 12:14 AM
I gotta say the Silent Hill Games. I hated them though. All of the dreams were very disturbing. (Doesn't want to go in depth with it.)

Tempest Wind
07-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I played a Resident Evil game when I was like 5, and that was the biggest gaming mistake I ever made lol. I had nightmares for like weeks.

BuLmA
08-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Resident evil....Im always dreaming of zombies when I played that game:)

Gorion1928
08-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Beyond the obvious Resident Evil references, I once dreamt I was being crushed by the blocks from Tetris. How weird is that?

PanzerJager
08-22-2007, 11:58 PM
I never have dreams or nightmares.. I think about wierd things before I fall asleep though.:wacko:

does that count? :unsure:

-Batman-
08-23-2007, 01:15 AM
Resident Evil nightmares?

Please...Zombies have nightmares about me...Not the other way around.

And I do have a lot of WoW references in dreams after playing a long time.

Perpetual Specter
08-24-2007, 09:23 AM
When I was little I once had a nightmare about something from a Legend of Zelda game.That's all.

Gorion1928
08-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Who said my RE nightmares dealt with zombies? I'm talking about the Tyrants and Nemesis. They freaked the heel of me when I first played the older games. You know that scene in the original, when the Tyrant nails Wesker in the chest? I saw that recently in the REmake and dreamt of it that night.

Rem
08-24-2007, 08:26 PM
After a playing resident evil 4 until about four am I dreamed I could actually find some friggen magnum ammo. You can buy the thing like 4 hours before you find ANY ammo for it, awesome.

realms89
08-24-2007, 11:01 PM
as stupid as this sounds i used to have dreams too from a game i wouldn't say nightmares because it wasn't scary but dumb funny dreams of resident evil and for some reason this girl i hardly new was always jill