PDA

View Full Version : Who hates NGE movie(death/rebirth)

Hamashimura
04-03-2007, 08:19 AM
So,who hates it?
When I watched it,I saw...
I saw that this movie is just some episodes emerged in one...
I expected more from Eva movie...
You even cannot understand a thing from movie if you havent watched episodes first...
What I want to say-my opinion is that they shouldnt have created it >.<
So,what are your opinions?

MomijiTMO
04-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Hell yeah, it has no purpose. But it is something to watch thats involves Eva and you get to see Kaworu play the violin.

It might help people understand the series I guess. . . .

Hamashimura
04-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Well yeah,you might be right,but it still doesn't change the fact that this movie is let down...

ThE_LoST_ShaDoW
04-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah Death and Rebirth kinda sucked. I haven't seen it for a long time, but what I remember is there was a lot of flashbacks. It seemed like it just recaped the series.

mythroch
04-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Seriously, I wished they'd played the string version of Pakabells Cannon for the ending credits instead of the the harpsicord. thj string version was better in the show, except when it finished with Toji puching Shinji. the snapping sound hurt when I was engrose in the song....
Oh, right. the movie sucked too. Now I only play it if I want to listen to the music, I don't watch the movie any more. but I still watch the series and the End of Evangelion pretty regularly.

dragongundam009
04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Seriously, I wished they'd played the string version of Pakabells Cannon for the ending credits instead of the the harpsicord. thj string version was better in the show, except when it finished with Toji puching Shinji. the snapping sound hurt when I was engrose in the song....
Oh, right. the movie sucked too. Now I only play it if I want to listen to the music, I don't watch the movie any more. but I still watch the series and the End of Evangelion pretty regularly.

Yah i know what you mean, i only play it if I want to listen to music too. I like when they were all playing at once,it was cool.

Infinite Rave
04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
I dont hate it....,but I didnt understand it somewhat...so yeah it was a bit of a let down

although I can wait to see the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, hopefully they'll make sense

mythroch
04-14-2007, 09:43 AM
although I can wait to see the Rebuild of Evangelion movies, hopefully they'll make sense

don't count on it. From what I understand it's just a money grab like the platinum series was. I'll be surprised,(admitidly pleasantly) if they are any diffrent from the origionals.

AngelQueen17
04-14-2007, 11:57 AM
I did not like it. I have to say it was pretty bad. When I watched it, my mom told me to not watch the series anymore because of this movie, especially The End of Evangelion. I have not watched this movie is a very long time, but I thought that one was kind of confusing to me, and disgusting. Not that I do not like this series, I love it!!

superdood
04-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Isn't Death/Rebirth not much more than a clip show?

Antares
04-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I just don't understand why they did it. If I already have watched all the episodes with the Director's Cut, why make this "movie" showing all the things that happened? The only thing I like from it is the music -.-

Sawada Ieyasu
04-26-2007, 08:37 PM
One reason I should hate it, is that it was not what I expected it to be. Two, Horrible ending. -_-

allan01
04-26-2007, 11:59 PM
as a fan of the evangellion series and end of evangellion i was rather dissapointed at the quality of the movie.
i had only just rewatched the series the day before, so watching this was like a clip-note version of the night before.

just hopeing that the new neon genesis evangellion movies are allott better then life and death.

on the bright side, i watched end of evangellion after and it was awsome (was like wtf for mmost of the last half)

Sawada Ieyasu
04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Two words. " It sucked."

ken 666
05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Two words. " It sucked."

agree. wasted my money. dang

ShinnAsuka
05-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't hate it that munch its to bring new fans to the EVA series.

kenji174
06-14-2007, 02:39 AM
I was dissapointed with it because as was said earlier it was lots of episodes jammed together

mythroch
06-19-2007, 12:46 AM
I don't hate it that munch its to bring new fans to the EVA series.

Sorry dude, but i seriously cannot picture this show introducing Eva to people. its barely comprehensible to those who have watched it. if anything it'll turn a newbie of anime permanently because of its confusing timeline and ambiguous themes.

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Sorry dude, but i seriously cannot picture this show introducing Eva to people. its barely comprehensible to those who have watched it. if anything it'll turn a newbie of anime permanently because of its confusing timeline and ambiguous themes.

Actually, it was. Death was to paraphrase the series for the movie goers, and Rebirth was to be a colossal teaser. That was the stated purpose.

And as for the Rebuilds... probably not rip-offs. The first three are re-tellings with large amounts of new material, and the last one is a third ending.

Oh, and to whomever: Death/Rebirth included scenes that weren’t in the original series. Then the Director's Cut/Platinum editions came out with the new scenes added in. So, if you've seen the Platinum or Directors editions, and are going to watch EoE, then this movie is useless to you.

Chris-san
06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Wow..this makes me glad that I watched the series, skipped Death and Rebirth, and went straight into EoE. ...Did I miss anything skipping them?

Mugetsu
06-21-2007, 09:42 AM

Wow. It's really bad when the only useful thing about a movie is the music. That kind of goes to show how much it really sucked.

[[~Anemone~]]
06-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Isnt these two movies made cuz Anno was getting death threats?

Sword
08-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Its not a movie. Its just a summary of the series and a preview of the end. So...yeah. Strangely its the first eva thing I watched.

winglessbaka
08-13-2007, 08:57 AM
>>"Isnt these two movies made cuz Anno was getting death threats?"

no. they were made to 'complete' the series as the last 2 eps hardly completes. anno probably just found them to be amusing and placed it in end of eva for fun.

>>"Its not a movie."

its a movie. it was shown in theaters.

in death/rebirth's defence, it was made TO BE a recap. it was intended to be one, so i don't see how these complains are valid. as for why they made it in the first place, i agree, its kind of dumb (and heck, they are doing it again for the 4 new movies, lol). i would agree with skipping this one and right into end of eva.

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-13-2007, 09:29 AM
I thought it was a waste of time..it was basicly like puting old episodes and putting them together to make a movie

xXsasukeXxXuchihaXx
08-13-2007, 09:30 AM
* like getting old episodes* Typo x.x;

harimakenji_scramble
08-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I see, people here doesn't care much about sayings like "Judge not the book by it's cover" and "reading between the lines". I don't claim to have understood the movie well, but I'm sure it DOES have a purpose, only, it can be appreciated by people who share the eva creator's psyche.

RickywarZ
08-26-2007, 06:31 AM
So,who hates it?
When I watched it,I saw...
I saw that this movie is just some episodes emerged in one...
I expected more from Eva movie...
You even cannot understand a thing from movie if you havent watched episodes first...
What I want to say-my opinion is that they shouldnt have created it >.<
So,what are your opinions?
i have't seen it yet but i think it's a bad movie(if it is a movie or not):unsure:

mythroch
10-04-2007, 11:47 AM
I see, people here doesn't care much about sayings like "Judge not the book by it's cover" and "reading between the lines". I don't claim to have understood the movie well, but I'm sure it DOES have a purpose, only, it can be appreciated by people who share the eva creator's psyche.

considering the kinds of mental trauma Anno was going through before he wrote the series, i wouldn't wish that on anyone.

danime4
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I felt like EVA D/R was a waste of my time. If I wanted to see the whole series over again, I would have! Because Eva is that good! I don't want some rehashed crap!

daft
12-22-2007, 12:27 AM
I never understood the purpose for it...

Except for when my friend Janice (who doesn't watch anime) wanted to see The End of Evangelion. 'Cause I explained the plot to her the best I could, but just explaining it wasn't enough, and she was so interested.

So I was going to let her borrow the series, so she could understand the movie better. But the problem being, she is kind of lazy and doesn't take care of things. (For example, my scratched up FLCL volume discs. T.T)

Then I thought to myself : 'Hey! I'll let her borrow Death/Re-Birth!'
That way she could understand the movie, 'cause Death/Re-Birth is practically the series summed up into 2-3 hours!

So I let her borrow both..she watched..understood..enjoyed..
got her mind blown..and I got some! -_O

Thank you Death/Re-Birth! ^_^