PDA

View Full Version : The Best Eva Pilot

MomijiTMO
04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
So who do you believe is the best Eva Pilot?

I reckon Shinji is the best pilot albeit a late bloomer.

Hamashimura
04-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Ayanami Rei,all the way!

mimichan1000
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Rei is the best in my opinion.

MomijiTMO
04-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Hmmm did you cry when she sacrificed herself? I did. Rei 3 was a cold person.

Hamashimura
04-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I was on the edge of crying...
But I held my tears back,since there arent many anime that can make me cry...

MomijiTMO
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey have you seen Rei in Evangelion : Angelic Days. She is the polar opposite of the one in the series.

ShinnAsuka
04-06-2007, 12:22 AM
I like rei she's the best!

Love<3 ProFUSION~
04-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Asuka, all the way. None of the other piolts compare. She kicks more *** than any other character in the show (see her fight against the 9 MP Evas in End of Evangelion, AMAZING!).

And I hate Rei... *cough*

Antares
04-08-2007, 12:17 AM
I'll have to say Shinji, because for better or for worse, he's the better pilot and the one that has the special Eva... really hard to admit, coz I'm a Kaworu fan.

MomijiTMO
04-08-2007, 12:20 AM
I'll have to say Shinji, because for better or for worse, he's the better pilot and the one that has the special Eva... really hard to admit, coz I'm a Kaworu fan.

Yay Shinji. . . . . Kaworu is like a cheating answer since he is an angel. Anyway, I still love him :D

Antares
04-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Kaworu is just special, in the anime he didn't get the chance to use the Evagelion against one of his brothers... er... angels, but I think that in the manga he did. Anyway, one has to be really obsessed (like me) to come up with a perfect explanation to why Shinji is the best pilot.

MomijiTMO
04-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Kaworu is just special, in the anime he didn't get the chance to use the Evagelion against one of his brothers... er... angels, but I think that in the manga he did. Anyway, one has to be really obsessed (like me) to come up with a perfect explanation to why Shinji is the best pilot.

Well I love Shinji so I guess I am just as obsessed as you are :D

Plan9
04-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Rei.

XD

AngelQueen17
04-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I might have to say Asuka. She is a very strong fighter from what I have seen in Evangelion and her eva is really cool, plus she was trained so she knows what she is doing. Also Rei is a good fighter too because she is very strong and she knows what she is doing too so in my opinion they are the same.

Lukia
04-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I was going to say Kaworu, 'cause I love him soooo much, but he's an angel TT.TT

I think it has to be Rei, Shinji or Asuka. But I chose Rei, she's strong and cold!

Red Phantoms
04-18-2007, 12:23 AM
I vote for Rei
I thought She is better pilot ten other

but............... I wonder why she only had a back up part like wearing a shield and why Asuka is chosen to pair up with shinji when defeating an angel useing a music (i forgot the angel name)
Why?

paige_
04-20-2007, 12:38 AM
i can't say shinji was the best beacuse he was such a coward and was always scared and stuff..

Sawada Ieyasu
04-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Kaworu all the way! xP

maximillian_cross
04-24-2007, 04:26 AM
I think Rei is the greatest pilot of them all. XD

allan01
04-24-2007, 04:46 AM
rai and Asuka.

i love end of evangelion, Asuka kicks butt.
but rai cool too and i too tired to make a decision.

Nausicaa
05-17-2007, 04:28 PM
I think that Rei is the best eva pilot.

Raining Sorrow
06-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Asuka is strong-willed and a great fighter but her pride sometimes gets in the way... She's sarcastic when given orders and would rather do things her own way. She can be a little too reckless...

Shinji is a good pilot and well-synchronized with his eva... but his emotions often hold him back.

Rei can fight and has good control... She also is never over-powered by her feelings... And on top of that, she isn't afraid of dying. She does what she is supposed to do, follows orders, gets the job done. Because piloting Eva is her life, she is rarely distracted by other things. I think Rei is the best pilot.

Toji was good, but only piloted like once. And Kaworu was skilled too... Idk...

Terenin
07-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Asuka is strong-willed and a great fighter but her pride sometimes gets in the way... She's sarcastic when given orders and would rather do things her own way. She can be a little too reckless...

Shinji is a good pilot and well-synchronized with his eva... but his emotions often hold him back.

Rei can fight and has good control... She also is never over-powered by her feelings... And on top of that, she isn't afraid of dying. She does what she is supposed to do, follows orders, gets the job done. Because piloting Eva is her life, she is rarely distracted by other things. I think Rei is the best pilot.

Toji was good, but only piloted like once. And Kaworu was skilled too... Idk...

I voted for Rei, for the exact same reasons. She's prob. the only one that's almost guaranteed to get the job done no matter what. And she's fearless, she knows the room of Ghaff holds X number of replacements should she perish. A bit sad, but no fear can get you far too.

Sawada Ieyasu
07-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Just to say this. e.e Rei is downright coldhearted in the ending part. .. So creepy

saioul
08-13-2007, 04:06 PM
ayanami-san most defiantly

lordrellik8
08-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Rei is the best in my opinion.
she was pretty cool you know.

NGE.kerns
08-23-2007, 01:32 AM
I would have to say Rei! She doesn't complain about having to do her job.

RickywarZ
08-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Rei, but EVA 01 is the coolest EVA

Dark~Angel
09-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Rei is cool, but for some reason I think Kaworu's pretty cool too ^.^
So its a tie between those two...

guccican
09-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Asuka

danime4
11-09-2007, 06:25 PM
my vote is for kaworu! He may be creepy as all heck, but he knew how to use an EVA! Besides the fact that he was the same material (an angel) as them, so that may be considered cheating!

Shimotsuki_No_MiNa
11-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Well I would like to say it's Asuka because she's my fav from the whole Evangelion series.. But I vote for Kaworu. If we say "the best" that would mean "the most skilled/effective" etc. And Kaworu was skilled you know to pilot the Eva not even getting into its cockpit :D:D Even if he was an angel!

toushirou hitsugaya
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I think rei

Dopam1ne
11-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Kaworu-san imo. He only shows up at the end of the anime tho. It's a pity he doesn't show off more his skills as a pilot >.<

hitomi_misurugi
11-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Shinji hands down. Even though he is annoying sometimes he had his good qualities...although I do like karou as well.

Crucifix-
12-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I say Tabris wins, even though I've never seen him in the Anime...

But I read the manga, though.

Gaarademon
12-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Rei is the best Pilot on the show well thats just my opinion

Lucarica
12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Rei, because she naver made a mistake

daft
12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I wanna say Rei 'cause she's my favorite of them all...

but Kaworu was able to pilot and sync with his Eva, with such ease.

He did't want to embarrass Shinji, so he was holding back.
I'm sure if he wanted to, he could destroy an army of Angels with just a wink of his AT Field.

Tasold
12-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Very hard choice as they all have good and bad points but Shinji would be top closly followed by Askua and Rei.

Nika_009k
12-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Asuka is the best. She's very energetic and active. Her last battle was really wonderful.
I vote for Soryu Asuka Langley.

Professor Chang
12-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Asuka, all the way. None of the other piolts compare. She kicks more *** than any other character in the show (see her fight against the 9 MP Evas in End of Evangelion, AMAZING!).

And I hate Rei... *cough*

I love Asuka too, she was the coolest character since the show starting, moreover the funniest pilot

El-ahrairah
01-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Obviously the best pilot was Tabris, I mean assuming by "best" we mean the most apt. He was so awesome that he didn't even have to be inside the eva to control it, not even to mention that his sinc rate was higher than all the other choices.

Ball Tripper
01-17-2008, 04:25 PM
LOL I voted toji.

sakura rukia
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
rei is the best go rei

Stenchgirl
01-21-2008, 03:31 AM
I say Rei because she's the original pilot and is a clone and so completely replaceable iffn she dies! Plus of course, she perform well in battles with the Angels! Shinji and Asuka are both way too unstable to be the best in my opinion!

Liflime+
01-28-2008, 03:55 AM
I'll go for Asuka Langley, she's the most energetic of all and she's a Tsundere. :D

Kuneru Kallan
02-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Asuka all the way, she kicked *** in the movie and essential forced her Eva through sheer willpower to go beserk near the end, even if it was only for a few seconds. She even knows karate, if you've read the manga of course

I'll go for Asuka Langley, she's the most energetic of all and she's a Tsundere.

It's debated wether shes a true Tsundere. I'm not sure if she ever truly becomes nice, just slightly nicer... heh

demonplight
02-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Hmmm did you cry when she sacrificed herself? I did. Rei 3 was a cold person.
yeah it was sad. but but Rei 3 was the last one I think, she wasn't "cold" she was that was for Shinji. I think his mother was starting to become a stronger force in her.

ZeianStar
02-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I'll pick Rei.

~Kaene
02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I am split on this issue:

On the one hand, I believe that Rei is probably the best pilot in regards to technical handling and mitigating any negative emotional attunements to her eva. While all of the characters have had trouble piloting their evas at some point in time, Rei seems to have retained the most control, even going so far as to force her own death while piloting said eva.

However, being the Asuka lover that I am, I would be remiss if I did not believe that Asuka became the best pilot of all. The turmoil she experienced in regards to synching with her eva required tremendous amounts of energy, physical and mental pain, sacrifice, self-reflection, and finally acceptance of what Asuka became and what she was piloting. The social/emotional revolution that she experienced in piloting Unit 02 was far more in-depth and superior to what Rei could ever have accomplished with Unit 00.

Asuka is my choice, bittersweet though she is. :laugh:

dnl_12450
04-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Ayanami...
of course she is the gratest eva pilot...
and also she is the most beautiful...;)

Amray
04-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Rei Ayanami!!! Rei II Self-destructed herself to save them, thats pretty admirable to me! Plus, she is like an Anime Goddess and is Hot as Hell on a summers day!

Et cetera
04-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I think Rei Ayanami and Kaworu are both tie for best eva pilot.

Here's what I think:
- Asuka is conceited
- Shinji is pretty emotional
- Toji is a n00bie and he couldn't control the eva properly

Funkgun
05-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Wow, who picked Toji? I think he got to get behind the controls like once.

Oh, and Rei. Even if she gets banged up the most.

blackrosetwilight
05-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Definitly Asuka, why? Well have you seen what she did the the other eva series in the movie. Doubt any of the other can do that........well maybe Kaworo too.

blackstrike
05-23-2008, 10:46 AM
rei, BUT if this is a thread of fav eva pilots i vote Asuka :)

larivermm
05-23-2008, 09:41 PM
They're All FleeBlee!!

I AM THE BEST EVA PILOT!!!!!
aaahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

jimmytierney
06-15-2008, 08:50 PM
well i would have said Rei myself, she does her job without fear. BUT having watched end of evangelion and one of the best eva fights of all time between Asuka and the other eva types. while on backup power if i remember correctly and then being lanced in the face and cannablised. surprisingly awesome movie, despite the rather odd ending.

Lavos
06-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Shinji, because he is was the only one able to live through that career.

Sickness
06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I think that you can't tell who's the best pilot. Thats just rude and dumb, the series have nothing to do with piloting eva's. Retardinho Shinji and Asuka the butcher pilot them so they can prove that they are worth something, while Rei has nothing else to do. Touji gets doublecrossed like Kaworu ~~ way another story far away from pioting eva's...

Deadly Kiss
07-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I think Rei is the best eva pilot because she is the only one who could pilot all three evas.

drm0ney
07-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow, asuka and rei are tied.
I like asuka better.

megplurttt
08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Definitely its ASUKA, very aggressive! haha =)

winry13
08-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Rei!!
Shes calm, patient.
Shes exellent in battle, and doesn't really care what happens to her in battle.

*arashi*
08-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I think Rei is the best....

SGI
08-15-2008, 10:50 PM
There is no question in my mind that Asuka is the best Eva pilot without any doubt or hesitation.

Shinji is probably the only one that comes close in terms of piloting ability, he has shown versatility in close and ranged combat, which, considering he had minimal formal training is quite an achievement. Although it can be argued that most of this could be because of the assistance of his Eva, especially when it got the 'power up' against the 14th Angel.

Kaworu and Toji are completely out of the race in my book as neither of them, at least in the series had never actually piloted an Eva.

The fact that Rei has received so many votes in my eye is mind boggling. Her only examples of piloting are absolutely unremarkable. In fact, the only time she displayed any major proficiency was during the battle against Raiel in which all she really did was hold up a shield.

Asuka, on the other hand has proven to be incredibly versatile in both close and ranged combat and is exceptional in hand-to-hand, and managed to hold her own in some very difficult situations. Finally, her battle against the mass-prototype angels sealed the deal for me.

I am far from an Asuka fan but I completely concede that when it comes to actual piloting ability, Asuka is head and shoulders above everybody else.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-15-2008, 11:02 PM
There is no question in my mind that Asuka is the best Eva pilot without any doubt or hesitation.

Shinji is probably the only one that comes close in terms of piloting ability, he has shown versatility in close and ranged combat, which, considering he had minimal formal training is quite an achievement. Although it can be argued that most of this could be because of the assistance of his Eva, especially when it got the 'power up' against the 14th Angel.

Kaworu and Toji are completely out of the race in my book as neither of them, at least in the series had never actually piloted an Eva.

The fact that Rei has received so many votes in my eye is mind boggling. Her only examples of piloting are absolutely unremarkable. In fact, the only time she displayed any major proficiency was during the battle against Raiel in which all she really did was hold up a shield.

Asuka, on the other hand has proven to be incredibly versatile in both close and ranged combat and is exceptional in hand-to-hand, and managed to hold her own in some very difficult situations. Finally, her battle against the mass-prototype angels sealed the deal for me.

I am far from an Asuka fan but I completely concede that when it comes to actual piloting ability, Asuka is head and shoulders above everybody else.
Well, maybe an ideal Asuka. Since her self confidence is all really self deception it's no wonder she winds up even more useless then Rei in anything that isn't EoE. Shinji should be completely useless, but the fact that he doesn't hate his mom means his sync ratio goes through the roof unlike Asuka and Rei's. Factor in that his mentality causes him to crave praise from others and the he winds up looking the best out of all of them.

In theory though, I'd have to go with Kaworu since he's an Angel himself, and can set his sync ratio to whatever he wants.

SGI
08-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Well to be fair I actually did not take into consideration synch-ratios, but was merely referring to pure piloting ability. While Kaworu does have a high synch-ratio we don't know how good he would be in actual combat. There is more to piloting an Eva than synch-ratios.

And to be honest, you never, ever see Kaworu in combat at any time, unless some of the post EoE releases show something completely different. So there is no way to say one way or another how good he is.

Gizoku
08-15-2008, 11:08 PM

My vote goes for Asuka as well.

frodo_sda
08-16-2008, 10:47 AM
She can be wacky, but even when she's depressed asuka clearly shows to have better skills at controling EVA than the rest of the characters. maybe iy's because of the anger she feels, she conducts it to her EVA experience...

Aleksi0
08-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Rei Ayanami is my voice :cool:

Amray The II
09-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Ayanami Rei is my personal favourite. She is also a really decent EVA pilot.

zerog
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
whoa Rei and Asuka is a tie?
I got to go for my Girl, Rei Ayanami...^_^

emotionless_teenage
09-16-2008, 09:22 AM
rei ayanami.period
and i....................well...............hate asuka(no offence)