PDA

View Full Version : Bleach (Getting Old)

Methen
03-31-2007, 08:21 PM
I like Bleach but I think they need to quit making people wait so long to get to the main battles with icchi that is a major turn off in my book.

Gjallarhorn
03-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I have almost no idea what you just said. Try punctuating.

If you are trying to say that you don't want to wait long to see fights, Bleach has a lot more fighting going on that most series do, it has has its fights in quicker succession that most series do. Also, the point of the anime is not entirely the fights. The fighting is just a device used to move the plot along.

Methen
03-31-2007, 08:54 PM
On the contrary the battles are the main part of bleach that's the main reason people watch them!
that may apply to other anime but Bleach was created for people who like battles and power as well as the effects you take them out of bleach then see popular it become's.

Gjallarhorn
03-31-2007, 09:17 PM
The main part of Bleach is the plot, not the battles. You can see the battles as the main point if that is all you watch it for, but I will tell you right now that no series would be made and published on a massive scale if it was only for the pure violence of it, with the exclusion of plot.
While you may watch it only for the battles, and if others do as well, that does not mean that the battles are the main point of the show. If it wasn't for the plot, there would be no battles. This can also be noted in the continuous development of the characters, and the development of their individual relationships with one another, as well as the overall group relationships. As well as the continual movement of who the villain is.
Why does Ichigo fight in the first place? To help Rukia, and to protect people.
Why does he continue to fight? To save Rukia.
Why does he then continue to fight? To save the world.
Without the plot, there would be no reason for him to fight, and the plot has been done to well for one to claim "it's just a plot put together to support the fighting". If you notice the continual resurgence of things that happened earlier in the series that were unimportant then and become more established later on, that does not happen in a pure-fighting anime, and if it does, it was probably blatantly obvious in the beginning.
Bleach is popular because it is a good series. This is not completely dependent on the fact that there is a lot of fighting. I, personally, watch and read it for the characters, and of course, the art work. The fighting is a great bonus, but that is not my purpose for watching it. Simply because you may watch it for the fighting, that does not mean that it is the central trait of the series.

Souhi
03-31-2007, 09:31 PM
On the contrary the battles are the main part of bleach that's the main reason people watch them!
that may apply to other anime but Bleach was created for people who like battles and power as well as the effects you take them out of bleach then see popular it become's.

They're not the main part of the show, they're the attention grabbing bits that are most likely what pull viewers in. It began with hollows, went up to rival shinigami, and now the fights are all over the place. A long time fan of the series would know that you come for the action...and stay for the exceptional story, characters, and art style.

Anime is heating up, but the manga in particular has been nothing BUT battles for weeks now. Not only that, but each fight has given an even further glimpse into characters like Rukia and even Chad. Plot comes first, battles are there for drive, and of course action.

Methen
04-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Lets put it this way they are two theaters showing Bleach in one there all kinds of Fighting and lots of action.

The other has none of that, just a look in to the characters pass you have one ticket and this is one time showing and it will not be release to the public all the tickets are sold out and this is the last day.
which one woud you goto?

Mugetsu
04-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I would see the second one. Random, constant fighting/action with no real plot or story gets boring after a few minutes (see the movie Ultra Violet). If theres no good story behind it then what's the point? However there have been may great anime that have no fight scenes. just good story.

The point is that the story makes the fight scenes better. It adds feeling and depth to the story. Name one good movie/anime that was totally action and no story. I dare you. Note I said GOOD movie.

Hitsugaya389
04-01-2007, 03:02 PM
What?!?!?! It's still the best anime!! I have to watch it or I will go nuts!(not that i'm not already...)

Spectre
04-01-2007, 03:31 PM
....Blashemy....*Flicks Holy Water*....and if it was all action it'd be boring....plot is needed....I'd go see the second one....I'm easily suckered in by an interesting story.....

xx_anime_luver_xx
04-01-2007, 08:43 PM
its boring to wait for new bleach shows!~ I am waiting for 121!~

Tetsuya
04-04-2007, 11:49 PM
There's no relevance to that suggestion. Bleach is quite full of action.

bug
04-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Well, I get bored pretty fast. But, I don't get bored of Bleach because of the plot. The battles are great, but when I see a battle, I don't go, how much action will there be. I go, gee, I wonder who will win, and did they just barely win or did they win by a land slide, and how much of an impact will this battle have on the story line. Do you see my point? I'm saying that I love the action, but I care more about the plot.

Ichiro Matsuchani
04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I honestly think that Bleach is turning into the next dragon ball.

Don't see the resemblance? Let me point it out then.

"The story begins with a ordinary looking person, nothing particularly special about them. By the end of the first episode, they've shown themselves as some uber strong force by beating the crap out of something. This continues until something beats him/her to the point of death. Then goes the recovery, and then the tedious process of training. They get better power, and they go and beat the crap out of the guy that beat them. 10 episodes later, there's someone else that kicks the crap out of him/her. Oh yeah, and then some minor plot that goes behind it, but is noticed little."

That's about it.

Fragile.Dreams
04-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I realllly don't see how your comment has anything to do with Bleach 'getting old' ^^^

I think Bleach is a great series and after over 100 episodes it's still going strong.
It did get a little tiresome in the filler episodes, they were still pretty good though.
I really do watch Bleach because the characters are really awesome and I want to know what happens to them.
Any action or awesome fighting scenes are just a bonus to an already great story line.

The characters are just so diverse.
Awesome.

Wednesday
06-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I realllly don't see how your comment has anything to do with Bleach 'getting old' ^^^

I think Bleach is a great series and after over 100 episodes it's still going strong.
It did get a little tiresome in the filler episodes, they were still pretty good though.
I really do watch Bleach because the characters are really awesome and I want to know what happens to them.
Any action or awesome fighting scenes are just a bonus to an already great story line.

The characters are just so diverse.
Awesome.
I agree