PDA

View Full Version : PS3: Offical Loser

Light Buster
03-23-2007, 11:32 AM
After watching the Loop during AOTS on G4, Sony is starting to lose exclusive titles. Has the PS3 become the offical loser?

Toastie
03-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Well I've heard rumours of Tekkan and Devil May Cry 4 maybe being realesed on Xbox 360. Not only that, but when Assasin Creed was first announced, it was only supposed to be on the PS3, but is now being released for the Xbox 360 again.

The PS3 has also had very poor sales due to the constant 'push back' of it's release date along with the Huge price tag of 425 which is the consol and a Controller :eek:

Now back to killing zombies with a Lawnmower (Deadrising is so much fun :cool: )

Opinionated
03-23-2007, 04:49 PM
The PS3 isn't going to fail as utterly as some of the Gameboy's early rivals. It probably won't fail as bad as the N-Gage. Considering the large amount of Sony fanpersons who've already bought a PS3, it'll live the console cycle, I bet.

Consoles are losing exclusives because of the high costs of making games. The more money it takes to make a game, the more consoles they have to release it on to get more money. That's why movie games generally get released on every console, to get more money.

P.S: G4 sucks.

-Batman-
03-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Yes. It was a losing system from the get-go.
Almost all of the exclusive titles have been announced for the 360 as well. What are you really getting on the PS3 version...BETTAR GRAPHIX!!!!!!!!!!!!1

EonKid
03-24-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm going to have to say no.In the past day and half in New Zealand the Playstation 3 has sold out of the units we had on release day kown some people have to 2 more weeks:mad: till they can get one.And to date the XBOX 360 has not been going so well in New Zealand the people want PS3.

I like my little black box......:laugh:

Wolfwood
03-24-2007, 01:53 AM
just take a quick look at what sony showed at GDC and you can see it'll be fine.
PSN Home and little big planet took the show and games like lair and heavenly sword are getting closer, also ffxiii, mgs4 and much more comming after that ^^

and judging by the hard time i'm having finding a ps3 after its release here ^^; i'll say it's doing quite well.

Buruku
03-24-2007, 02:46 AM
As I have said for like...a year now...LOL@SONY

BTW kids, the PS3 is no longer backwards compatible, the ones that are being made now no longer have the feature. Oh poo.

The PS3 will have some kick butt games though, Lair looks frickin awesome. If the thing comes out with enough cool games like that it may be worth buying one day, not now and not for 600, but I'm not going to deny good games when I see them ( even if we do have to play them on something that looks like a forman grill)

still though, lol@sony.

PS. The PS3 sold 50 out of 1,000 units at it's launch in Paris.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Right now it's still waaay behind the other two competitors, but I still think that it's a bit too early to declare it out of the scene. There are still quite a few promising titles that are coming out, some of them making me wish that I had a PS3. Note though, not enough of them to make me pay 600$.

Aside from that, all in all Sony has let down their fans. Period.

EDIT: @Wolfwood

You kidding me? Down at the nearest EB games, there has been three brand new PS3's (2 500$, 1 600$)that have been sitting there for the PAST 3 MONTHS! What does that tell you?

DOUBLE EDIT (I don't know why I'm bothering.): As of yet, the sales are barely over 1.6 million. Just checked.

-Batman-
03-24-2007, 02:53 AM
jand judging by the hard time i'm having finding a ps3 after its release here ^^; i'll say it's doing quite well.

Buy a plane ticket to america and walk into any gamestore or toy's r us. You'll find at least one in each of the gamestores at any given time and at least 2-3 at toys r us. It's been like this since late december.

In other news, I still can't find a damned Wii.

nd to date the XBOX 360 has not been going so well in New Zealand the people want PS3.

America still loves it.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 03:00 AM
nd to date the XBOX 360 has not been going so well in New Zealand the people want PS3.So what? Does sony have over 10 million sold? Nope, that goes to the Xbox 360.

And @Deadpool.

I've been searching for AGES and have yet to find a Wii. It's insane. x_x

Buruku
03-24-2007, 03:05 AM
and to date the XBOX 360 has not been going so well in New Zealand the people want PS3.

The only place the 360 has done well is America, which is perfectly fine because America buys a ton more consoles then Japan or anywhere else, I wish I could remember the figures.

@Ichiro and -Deadpool-, we need to start a club for the Wii-less. :(

-Batman-
03-24-2007, 03:09 AM
And @Deadpool.

I've been searching for AGES and have yet to find a Wii. It's insane. x_x[/COLOR]

Yeah, I usually get.

"Sorry, we got them in this/yesterday morning but we only got about 5 and they all sold out within a half an hour.

Toys R us gets the most, but the nearest toys R us (for me) isn't exactly a stones throw away.

I was thinking about actually buying a PS3 the other day, but then...OH WAIT

I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH CASH annndd IT COSTS 100 DOLLARS MORE THAN THE CREDIT LIMIT ON MY PLASTIC
I then came to my senses and said "Lawlno" and left with a few old X-box games for about 25 dollars.

@Ichiro and -Deadpool-, we need to start a club for the Wii-less

Alright, but we need at least 10 people to sign the guild charter. And I need to save my gold for my epic mount, so we'll need to wait a bit.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 03:09 AM
@Ichiro and -Deadpool-, we need to start a club for the Wii-less. :(I find that name mildly insulting (Like everytime someone says that word), but I support the cause!

EDIT: Let's see...

REASONS TO BUY AN XBOX 360
Great online plan.
Solid selection of great games,
a long line of great titles coming to the system.
backwards compatibility.

REASONS TO BUY A NINTENDO WII
Indestructable controller
Also a great selection of games
INNOVATION!! (Can't stress that enough)
Backwards compatility extravaganza

REASONS TO BUY A PS3
Graphics
Free online(?)
Metal Gear Solid
......uh....graphics?

MistaCloudStrife
03-24-2007, 03:23 AM
BTW kids, the PS3 is no longer backwards compatible, the ones that are being made now no longer have the feature. Oh poo.

That would only be a percentage of games that aren't going to be compatible. And that's only in Europe.

And I'm still waiting to see what happens with the PS3. If the new black 360 comes out before the PS3 gets some good RPGs, then I'm getting a 360 and a PS3 is going to have to wait until ffxiii, or until i can not spend my money and save up 600$. If I find a game worth getting ont he PS3, then the 360 is going to have to wait.

And I doubt the "loser" can be determined as of yet. You'll find the loser at the end of this console gen. It's not over yet.

And the rumors about games going to the 360 are just that, rumors. Until MGS DMC and all those games are officially announced to be for the 360, you can't trust 1up and joystiq. The same people that lie over and over again just to get hits on their websites... then turn around and say that the rumors spread because of their "forum" when the proof is in their articles.

-Batman-
03-24-2007, 04:50 AM
DMC

Hi Guyz (http://press.capcom.com/release.asp?i=16)

It's comming right from capcom's website. If that isn't enough proof, don't know what is.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 04:55 AM
Hi Guyz (http://press.capcom.com/release.asp?i=16)

It's comming right from capcom's website. If that isn't enough proof, don't know what is.Well, that's one less reason for me to buy a PS3. =/

Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy alone is not enough to get me to buy one of those PS3's. Sadly enough, I was about to consider buying one when I saw assassin's creed and a few other games that were claimed EXCLUSIVE to the PS3, and all of them are now on the 360.

Wolfwood
03-24-2007, 05:46 AM
they really did sell out everywhere down here and long lists still to wait.
adeliade is the one place i know of in australia that still might have a few left, but i dont plan to drive there ^^;

there were no real campers or lines for the ps3 this time since all copies were pre-ordered and what reason would you have to line up when you can stroll in and grab your copy?
it was well done to stop problems of previous launch issues ^^

reason for me wanting a ps3... well go check the "home" trailers and little big planet. mostly home. that is just amazing.

toys R us got tons, mostly because you pay $100 more and get 2 games ^^ very nice deal.

still no offical word on how many have been sold now, but predictions set the ps3 at over 3 mil sold after this launch. pretty good seeing its price and that it wasnt released to long ago ^^ (waiting for the update of vgcharts to be sure.)

DMC was lost as exclusive a few days ago. only because capcom themself is steering away from exclusives altogether. so that means this'll end up working both ways and capcom games on any console will pop-up on their rivals soon enough ^^ good for gammers really.

in the mean time i'm going ps3 hunting tommorow for the shortest waiting list, then planning on resistance, motorstorm, darkness and oblivion to last me till lair and heavenly sword ^^
i got a plan :P lol

edit: and i wish i could of gone to this launch O_o
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/775/775340p1.html

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Funny enough, there aren't any games out I really want to play on any platform, save Oblivion, which I'll just play on PC after I get around to building a PC.

So when the Wii and 360 fans start screaming about how, "PS3 is da suxor" I roll my eyes.

Kyuubi Naruto
03-24-2007, 09:09 AM
@Ichiro and Deadpool-You can count me in that club. How bad I felt X-mas morning when I didnt get a Wii...*tearshed*

Anyway,I dont think the PS3 is completely out of the race, but if Sony doesnt step its game up (and maybe try to keep its promises this time around) then it probably will,especially with high-selling competition like the Wii.

Wolfwood
03-24-2007, 09:22 AM
sony seems to aim more for the long run. ps2 is still going strong even now making them a truck load of money each hour ^^;
blu-ray is also winning in most countries now with companies, and even a country or 2 entirely ignoring hd-dvd and not stocking them at all.
that leaves ps3 as a cheap blu-ray player and will appeal to non-gamers aswell now.
the race between the formats isnt over just yet, but rumours say even microsoft might jump on the blu-ray train soon ^^;

all i hear mostly still is "i'm waiting for a price drop" when it comes to the ps3 ^^; understandable really. wont need to wait too long aswell. Q4 this year is said to be when the ps3 will drop by $100 american.

o and about backwards capabilities. 73% of ps2 games work on ps3 in europe. they're just using an emulator to do them which is better since they can be upscaled easy and updates will allow the amount of ps2 games playable to rise aswell.
also, 73% is well over 1000 ps2 games ^^;

i'm keeping my ps2, so not gonna worry me there anyway.

a funny contest in germany by a huge retail store was if you ran to the top of some huge building with ya 360 and tossed it over the edge, you'd get a free ps3. ^^; first 50 people only got that.

Buruku
03-24-2007, 09:55 AM
all i hear mostly still is "i'm waiting for a price drop" when it comes to the ps3 ^^; understandable really. wont need to wait too long aswell. Q4 this year is said to be when the ps3 will drop by $100 american.

I don't know why people keep saying this, sony really can't afford a price cut, the ps3 is already being sold cheaper then it cost them to make it, I doubt there will be one anytime soon.

a funny contest in germany by a huge retail store was if you ran to the top of some huge building with ya 360 and tossed it over the edge, you'd get a free ps3. ^^; first 50 people only got that.
Man thats dumb.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't know why people keep saying this, sony really can't afford a price cut, the ps3 is already being sold cheaper then it cost them to make it, I doubt there will be one anytime soon.

Man thats dumb. Sony is going to continue to lose money on the system, no matter what anyone here says. The system costs 200$ more to produce than what they're selling it for. Yes, I know that the Xbox has brought no profit to Microsoft, but come on, this is microsoft. They can blow all the money they want. To be honest, I will not buy it unless the price drops, since there's pretty much NO reason to get it.

Blu-ray? Psh. Had a friend down the street buy it for that reason. You know what ended up happening? He found no uses for it and was trying to sell it. I still has it, unable to sell it.

Wolfwood
03-24-2007, 10:24 AM
the price cut will come from a way to make a chip in the ps3 less expencive. not sure on the full details, but it'll cut the costs enough for a price drop.
and consoles always loss money on sales. ps2 lost money up until this gen, it only just started making $8 each sale.
they simply get that money back through software and other things involving their console ^^

blu-ray really has won. it's getting more movies in a month then hd-dvd will get all year. it's selling 3 to 1 against them, and its support is just growing with companies choosing not to stock hd-dvd at all (JB hi-fi in australia for example)
it's win over hd-dvd will boost the ps3 in a big way.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 10:33 AM
]
blu-ray really has won. it's getting more movies in a month then hd-dvd will get all year. it's selling 3 to 1 against them, and its support is just growing with companies choosing not to stock hd-dvd at all (JB hi-fi in australia for example)
it's win over hd-dvd will boost the ps3 in a big way.I don't know where you get your facts, but from what I know most people don't even care about Blu-ray. In fact, half of them don't even know what it really is, nor care.

Wolfwood
03-24-2007, 10:37 AM
it's everywhere on forums and the net if ya look. blu-ray is outselling hd-dvd, has more support, more movie releases and it wont be long till it's cheaper. how can hd-dvd win against that?
games even need more space the a simple dvd can provide now. kojima is asking for a 50gb blu-ray disk for MGS4 since the 25gb one wont be enough. size matters aswell, and blu-ray wins there too ^^

Opinionated
03-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Blu-Ray has one major, major problem: It's a Sony exclusive. Everyone who wants to put their movie on blu-ray will have to go to Sony and beg. Personally, I don't want to do that. The Spacing Guild can run a monopoly on space travel, but when it comes to entertainment, people like options. Also, Sony forcing people to buy a blu-ray player with their PS3 regardless of whether they like it or not just screams that Sony believes their customers to be sheep to me.

Now, if you are a sheep, then all is understood. Also, I might have to shave you for your wool.

The PS2 is creditited with making DVD popular, but DVD isn't a Sony monopoly.

the race between the formats isnt over just yet, but rumours say even microsoft might jump on the blu-ray train soon ^^;

Microsoft will only support blu-ray at a point in the future when blu-ray is determined to have won the format war. Sony has no such plans. I'm sure the same thing happened back with Betamax. In short: Mircosoft is waiting at the station, looking at the trains. They like one better than the other. Sony is racing along, blindly jumping on a train and dragging their sheep with them.

also, 73% is well over 1000 ps2 games ^^;

Sony is the little submissive of just about every Japanese company that thinks it can make an RPG. Or a game, for that matter. Well over a 1000, but how many of those are worth playing?

PS3 Home? Little Big World? I'm sorry, there are simpler and cheaper ways to get on Habbo Hotel and get a quick cyber-fix.

that leaves ps3 as a cheap blu-ray player and will appeal to non-gamers aswell now.

If the person isn't a gamer, it's likely they won't want to buy a $600 oversized mound of various materials just to watch blu-ray. They might just go and buy a blu-ray player.

Wolfwood
03-24-2007, 10:58 AM
comapring home to habbo hotel is stupid. home is one of the best ideas ever where a community of ps3 owners can actualy gather and get to know each other outside of games, and then jump into games against each other at any time.
little big planet will have huge contest on who can make the best level, and is gonna have it's own real school on Home to teach people useful techs.
things like bowling, pool, the arcade machines and much more we have yet to see in home will be fun while chatting aswell.
then there's the ability to make a cool place, invite people to it and play vids, music or pics from your harddrive on a tv in your home for all to watch.

and thats just a very short summary of some cool home features. also, home is a free feature and will only need to pay for it if you want some gold class style items for clothes, house objects, etc.

also, blu-ray was made by more companies then just sony. sony was just the main one.
the fact blu-ray is in every ps3 is a must since they see the future of gamming and file sizes. already mgs4 pushes past a normal blu-ray disk, not even into the first year of the ps3's predicted 10 year life span.

1000+ games is good still, chances are most AAA titles are in there, and ones that arnt will be added apon popular request.
the ps3 is a great console that's just gonna pick up speed and popularity as time goes on. who knows what one will win in the end, but it's clear already that ps3 owners will be having a great time ^^

-Batman-
03-24-2007, 01:56 PM
You know, I was going to rebuttle wolfwoods posts, but i'm not going to bother.

Wolfwood, you're a sheep if i've ever seen one. You believe any little thing you hear on the internet about the PS3 and Blu-Ray and hold all of it to heart. So, whats the name of the credible source you get all of this factual information from? Can this source be backed up by at least 3 other credible sources? Are at least one of these sources non-internet based?

Oh, and sony's official playstation sites, and blu-ray sites don't amount for crap, as they're biased.

but I will quote one thing.

comapring home to habbo hotel is stupid

How so? From what you've been saying about it, it sounds exactly like Habbo Hotel.
And Habbo Hotel is only good for raiding and blocking the pool. Home seems just as useless. A glorified chat room for sony sheep.

Wolfwood
03-24-2007, 02:24 PM
heh, sheep? sorry but no, just well informed ^^. trying to label someone as a sheep is just a quick little attempt to disprove points without your own sources.
if you've been keeping up on the format wars and the latest in the consoles you'd know blu-ray has been outselling hd-dvd 2 to 1 (sometimes 3 to 1), and thats before the ps3 europe launch. that's gonna jump now that more people have a player for it.

want sources? google it or provide some sources of ya own to back up your points then i will aswell.
they're everywhere when google searched anyway. there are even sites dedicated entirely to the blu-ray/ hd-dvd fight with up-to-date info on how its going.

also, have you even seen the GDC trailer of "home"? cause you really dont sound like you know what it has and what you can do with it.
check it out sometime.

but here's one quote for ya.
"Blu-ray, which only just officially launched in Australia earlier this week, has already been declared the likely winner in the HD format war by the Australian press. At a Sydney event for the nation's leading media, retailers and analysts more than twenty Australian companies announced their support for the Blu-ray format including JB Hi-Fi, one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in Australia, which announced that they would be supporting the Blu-ray format exclusively. "

others have followed what JB did already. so hd-dvd is going down hill fast. that quote was from awhile ago now, but JB is still standing by blu-ray and posters everywhere mention how it's better then hd-dvd in their stores will convince many people.

one last reason blu-ray has got this won. TV commercials now have been saying stuff like "out now for DVD and Blu-ray" but never mentioning hd-dvd. the average person wouldnt be aware 2 formats were still going at it.

Opinionated
03-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Why shouldn't we call you a sheep? With a mote of exxageration in the following:

You say Sony can do no wrong.
You beleive everything Sony says.
You turn a blind eye to any complaint of PS3 problems.
You continually act as though the 360 and Wii aren't even real consoles, treating them as if they're the competion of the original Game Boy.
You support blu-ray and hardly respond to comments of Sony's near-monopoly on it.I have no reason not to think of you as a sheep.

want sources? google it or provide some sources of ya own to back up your points then i will aswell.

Alrighty then. Spotty Bluetooth Controllers (http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20070314145639188072&sectionId=1006&releaseId=20060314115917309058). Miyamoto downplays Sony's idea copying for Home (http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=2007031910592155041&sectionId=1006&releaseId=2007030735622328025). Sixaxis rumble feature only in America? (http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=2007030717935857091&sectionId=1006&releaseId=20060314115917309058)(link to article on Sixaxis getting rumble late (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20070302103924187065&section Id=1006&releaseId=20060314132311609002)). PS3 Demonstrates Sony's "Mii-too" Approach (http://www.gamesradar.com/us/ps3/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=2007030812246400039&sectionId=1006&releaseId=2007030735622328025).

Still, Sony either has a monopoly or near monopoly on Blu-ray. Want to release your movie to the home audience? Go and grovel before Sony. Also, I wonder how many of those movies have Sony Pictures somewhere in the credits. I'm just saying, it might be a sign that they're forced to be blu-ray.

Also, Habbo Hotel was started to be an online social experience. People could customize their own personal spaces and visit other personal spaces. The ultimate chat room. What is it now? Cybersaixers, pool blockers, and other fools. What is Home supposed to do?

But I do admit, PS3 voice features would verify that your partner is the gender they appear. Or, since the PS3 didn't come with an earbud or keyboard(so you'd have to buy them and give more money to Sony), you can just lurk.

-Batman-
03-24-2007, 03:09 PM
heh, sheep? sorry but no, just well informed ^^.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^ ^^ YA YA YA YA!!!!!!
*ahem*
Yet I still don't see any info from you.

trying to label someone as a sheep is just a quick little attempt to disprove points without your own sources.

-You hump sony
-You worship the playstation as a god system
-You worship the Blu-Ray as the ultimate format of ultimate destiny when it's just a freakin' flat peice of...essentially...plastic.

if you've been keeping up on the format wars and the latest in the consoles you'd know blu-ray has been outselling hd-dvd 2 to 1 (sometimes 3 to 1),

Enlighten us, post YOUR sources.

Sources...Tell me what you want sources on from what i've said in this thread. I've hardly done any debating at all in this thread, you're the one spouting all of this nonsense out of no where. The only think I even set out to confirm in this thread was Devil May Cry 4 being on the 360 (Which I did). And google is ineffective, why?
Because I want to know YOUR sources, even if I find sources I won't know if they're yours or not.

also, have you even seen the GDC trailer of "home"? cause you really dont sound like you know what it has and what you can do with it.
check it out sometime.

Juuusst to humor you. I'm going to take a pause from this reply, head over to IGN, and watch it. Right now. This very second, and tell you my opinion of it.

Annnd Now that i've sat through that.
I'm still not impressed. It's a glorified hobbo hotel on your playstation three. It's basically an MMORPG without the RPG aspect.

but here's one quote for ya.
"Blu-ray, which only just officially launched in Australia earlier this week, has already been declared the likely winner in the HD format war by the Australian press. At a Sydney event for the nation's leading media, retailers and analysts more than twenty Australian companies announced their support for the Blu-ray format including JB Hi-Fi, one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in Australia, which announced that they would be supporting the Blu-ray format exclusively. "

Okay, three things.
-I don't live in Australlia. The opinions of Asutralian press have no effect on me.
-WHERE did you get the quote?
-In all honesty, I don't care about the format wars. Why? Because this is the video game section. I want to know about the consoles. The only reason I even bother talking about the formats is because of the PS3's relationship with Blu-Ray

others have followed what JB did already. so hd-dvd is going down hill fast. that quote was from awhile ago now, but JB is still standing by blu-ray and posters everywhere mention how it's better then hd-dvd in their stores will convince many people.

one last reason blu-ray has got this won. TV commercials now have been saying stuff like "out now for DVD and Blu-ray" but never mentioning hd-dvd. the average person wouldnt be aware 2 formats were still going at it.

Okay, really...
Blu-ray has the storage advantage true
But HD-DVD has the Cost advantage, it's cheaper to manufacture, and that has advantages in many fields. (I also see HD-DVD advertisments in commericals as well)

But where are your sources. All you ever do in this sony related topics is run your mouth about features and never give any links or even NAMES of websites you get your information besides IGN. If you truly want to "Educate" us, and convince us to at least see things the way you do GIVE US SOURCES. Give us LINKS to articales, Otherwise, we'll just continue to argue with you.
You'll be wasting your time, because untill we get your credible sources (And I said sources, not source) every time you post you're just going to be bombarded with replies.

When you're the only person bringing up certain facts, and you refuse to post links, we can't help but assume you're being full of it. Mostly because this is the internet.

If I said (making this up of course)
Microsoft announced last weel that they'd be working together with nintendo to create a collaboration system and merge their companies together in the next generation.
Wouldn't you want a link? Wouldn't you want to know where I got this (bogus) information? OR wouldn't you at least want a websites name that isn't "Google"
I'm guessing yes.

Edit:

pool blockers,

We've graduated from the Pool. Now we're going to block Hal Turners house (April 20th, north bergan; New Jersey. Be there with an afro, gre suit, and a tie)

Kyuubi Naruto
03-24-2007, 05:02 PM
You know what? I've been listening on this little conversation you 3 are having, and I've found something out. Unlike Opinionated was able to do, Wolfwood, you havent posted any of the links to sites you claim to get these things off. Maybe you'd have some kind of right to state this stuff if you did, but so far, you havent.

So, if you dont mind maybe posting a site to help your points, that'd be nice to help you out because your wading a losin' battle against these people. And for god sakes, dont dare post a link to the official Playstation/Sony sites. That is, if you really have links to prove all this.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 05:09 PM
How did I know that this would turn into another "PS3: So it begins..." Thread? My god.

Wolfwood, I hear nothing but praises about questionable points on Sony's new system. I'm sorry, but with that much of a positive attitude on that console, you must be a Sony fanboy. Hell, I'm not even that positive about the Xbox 360, AND I OWN IT!

Here's the bottom line, you can show the percentages of the people liking it in other countries, but wait: AMERICA IS MORE POPULATED! THAT SIMPLE!

In other words, your percentages mean nothing.

EDIT: I would also like to note that your 'quotes' have no meaning either, since you don't even have the site from which they come from listed. How can we know that it's reputable? We can't. We can only take your word for it, and I've pretty much resorted to ignoring you.

Zanethose
03-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Honestly, im not a fanboy of any company, i own a 360 and a Wii and am saving up for a PS3, im not all "YEA I HAVE A WII!" or "YES I OWN A 360!" Just thought i would get that out of the way before i start this.

Now, the PS3 isnt a "loser" so to speak. it hasnt "lost" anything

sure its expensive, but so what? there are plenty of people who will end up buying one. Especially once the price drops. And yea i know, it probably wont drop more than 100 bucks in 2 - 3 years, but the point is, people are going to see a price drop and be like "hey, why not, its cheaper now"

Plus, a big point to the PS3's downfall is its lack of good games. Right now, about all its got is Resistance: Fall of Man, which could techniqually be a better game as it is.

Once some more good games come out, people will bite some more. MGS 4, DMC 4, Killzone 2, people would buy the console for those games and the ability to download old PS1 games and play them via your PSP is another thing that is gonna atract customers.

And overall, you are right Ichiro, it really doesnt matter what other countries, when it comes down to it, its America, America and Japan. they are the only two companies that will really affect the consoles life.

-Batman-
03-24-2007, 09:25 PM
DMC 4,

Not exclusive to the PS3 anymore.

And overall, you are right Ichiro, it really doesnt matter what other countries, when it comes down to it, its America, America and Japan. they are the only two companies that will really affect the consoles life.

Actually, Japan doesn't really matter that much either. They just make the consoles. America and Europe are bigger markets for gaming because both have a greater population. Higher population means more money generated.

Also...I didn't know America and Japan were companies.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Once some more good games come out, people will bite some more. MGS 4, DMC 4, Killzone 2, people would buy the console for those games and the ability to download old PS1 games and play them via your PSP is another thing that is gonna atract customers.Even when those games come out, I'm still probably not going to consider the PS3. It's really hard to do it, especially comparing it to....

RAINBOW SIX
HALO
SPLINTER CELL
GEARS OF WAR
ALL SO CALLED PS3 EXCLUSIVES NOW ON THE 360.

So, if you already have a nintendo Wii or 360, what's the point?

EDIT: Omg, I just thought of something. Anyone here remember the previous PS3 threads in which Wolfwood talked about that guy who was paid off by Sony for crappy advertising? I think his "well-informed" opinions is a Sony scheme!

Cless Alvein
03-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I probably won't buy a next generation console this year anyway. But
if I did, it would come down to one simple fact.

Currently Wii and X-box have a combined total of 0 games I want.
Nintendo has released about six games I really wanted to play since the N64.
I don't like or play Halo, so the main reason that 90% of X-boxes sell is not a factor for me.

PS3 has at least four games I've been interested in.

If I bought any of the three, PS3 is the one I'm going to get the most use
and enjoyment out of, any other argument is moot.

Frankly, there are still enough PS2 games I can play to keep me gaming
happily for another two years.

bakakame
03-25-2007, 12:31 AM
A touchy question. As far as console sales numbers are concerned, I've been agreeing with this for about a year now. Though ultimately, it shouldn't matter too much to the people who want to buy it, they're still getting the console they wanted.

Though the way it's being put is almost suggesting that PS3 will completely fail. Will the PS3 come in last in the sales number wars? Probably. Will it ever turn a profit for Sony? Probably not. Is it going to go the way of Dreamcast and be discontinued in a few years? Unless something very drastic happens, no.

Right now though, I'd have to classify the Blu Ray drive as more of a weakness than a strength. It has a very slow read speed, which means that games are either going to have to be
A) Choppy
B) Slow paced
C) Wroght with redundant data

With the slow read speed, much of the space on the disc must be used for redundant data to prevent constant slowdown and additional loading time. I've also said before that having more space doesn't mean it will all be filled. It would be great if we could have enormous games, but the cost of filling 50 or even 25 GB is too great, noone wants to make enormous games unless they have to and can make a lot more money that way.

As for Sony promising anything anymore, I just shake my head and smirk a little. "We'll launch world-wide in spring 2006! .......... We'll launch world-wide in fall 2006! ......... We'll have dual-HDMI output! .......... We'll launch 400,000 units in North America! .......... We'll have 6 million units by March 3rd!" And now "We'll lower the price by $100 soon!"

Regex
03-25-2007, 01:09 AM
blu-ray really has won. it's getting more movies in a month then hd-dvd will get all year.Betamax did that too.

What's that? Beta-what, you ask?

Kyuubi Naruto
03-25-2007, 06:30 AM
I probably won't buy a next generation console this year anyway. But
if I did, it would come down to one simple fact.

Currently Wii and X-box have a combined total of 0 games I want.
Nintendo has released about six games I really wanted to play since the N64.
I don't like or play Halo, so the main reason that 90% of X-boxes sell is not a factor for me.

PS3 has at least four games I've been interested in.

If I bought any of the three, PS3 is the one I'm going to get the most use
and enjoyment out of, any other argument is moot.

Frankly, there are still enough PS2 games I can play to keep me gaming
happily for another two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanethose http://www.animeforum.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?p=1628891#post1628891)
Honestly, im not a fanboy of any company, i own a 360 and a Wii and am saving up for a PS3, im not all "YEA I HAVE A WII!" or "YES I OWN A 360!" Just thought i would get that out of the way before i start this.

Now, the PS3 isnt a "loser" so to speak. it hasnt "lost" anything

sure its expensive, but so what? there are plenty of people who will end up buying one. Especially once the price drops. And yea i know, it probably wont drop more than 100 bucks in 2 - 3 years, but the point is, people are going to see a price drop and be like "hey, why not, its cheaper now"

Plus, a big point to the PS3's downfall is its lack of good games. Right now, about all its got is Resistance: Fall of Man, which could techniqually be a better game as it is.

Once some more good games come out, people will bite some more. MGS 4, DMC 4, Killzone 2, people would buy the console for those games and the ability to download old PS1 games and play them via your PSP is another thing that is gonna atract customers.

Woah,woah there, hold up just a second. Did you just say "so what?" to the price? The price of games and consoles plays a big part in all this.

Now,like the Wii, sure it has great games and an innovative control, but I dont think as many people would spring for it if it costed some $600. I think the price is one of the reasons why the PS3 aint so hot right now.

As has better PS3 games come out, better Wii and 360 games are gonna come out with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiro Matsuchani http://www.animeforum.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?p=1628904#post1628904)
EDIT: Omg, I just thought of something. Anyone here remember the previous PS3 threads in which Wolfwood talked about that guy who was paid off by Sony for crappy advertising? I think his "well-informed" opinions is a Sony scheme!

Wow Ichiro, you MIGHT just be on to something there! XD.

Wolfwood
03-25-2007, 07:00 AM
gonna take to long to read all that O_o. but whatever ya wanna think :P i'm just here to inform people who arnt sold fully to one side and just out to attack another person's choice.
(and before ya jump on me claiming crap bout me only supporting sony, i'm getting a wii around september and maby a 360 around christmas unless they move more of the games i want to PC which will save me money on another console ^^;
i just am more interested in ps3 games right now and people seem to be attacking it without links of their own while requesting so many :P )

sooooo, i'll just post what i found today at JB.

went to check if i could get a ps3 soon (luckily i can cause they got another shipment very soon, almost tommorow soon ^^ )
and while watching it i saw some people talking bout blu-ray infront of it. they were saying stuff like "all new movies will be released on dvd and blu-ray for awhile yet until the average person can make the move to blu-ray" then they went on to say "the cheapest blu-ray player avaliable next to the ps3 is gonna cost $2400."
needless to say it was a awkward WTF O_O moment ^^;
then the guy pointed to the ps3 saying "this is currently the cheapest avaliable at $1000" followed by him going on about it.
in the time i spent their, 2 ps3's got sold like that (spent 20 mins there. JB rules for anime dvd's)

never was hd-dvd mentioned in any store i went too. almost like it didnt excist.
not even hd-dvd add ons for 360 could be seen.
shelf space is against them.

mostly stores were packed today (weekend, no surprise) but the crowds that would gather around the ps3 kiosks saying they must have it were huge.
it's very popular all over really.

here's an interesting link:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Disc_Sales/Industry_Trends/February_Disc_Sales:_Blu-ray_Continues_to_Outsell_HD_DVD_Departed_Offers_He ad-to-Head_Sales_Comparison/514
from march 9 that is, before ps3's europe launch. now that its worldwide, sales are bound to increase again for blu-ray.

and as many predicted long ago, blu-ray win= ps3 victory
the ps3 may be off to a slow start, but they've never taken their eyes off the future.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-25-2007, 01:23 PM
and as many predicted long ago, blu-ray win= ps3 victory
the ps3 may be off to a slow start, but they've never taken their eyes off the future.Alright, you're getting on my nerves, so let's put this nice and simple, with all the boldness and largeness applied.

BLU-RAY IS NOT THE REASON PEOPLE WILL BUY THE PS3.

When people are looking at a gaming console, what are they looking at? The gaming part of the console. Most likely they already have a DVD player of some kind, and don't really care about the DVD capabilities of the consoles. You can throw out all the statistics that you want on that, but plainly enough, if the gaming console doesn't have the gaming portion spot on, THEN IT WON'T SELL!

Buruku
03-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Everyone has thier reasons for buying or not buying a system, if Wolfwood wants a PS3 thats fine, he will probably be satisfied with it. (or I'd hope after dropping 700+ bones on it) this arguing about whether blu-ray is da shizzle is kind of dumb,
What's that? Beta-what, you ask? Pretty much because of that,^ its too soon to tell. Also I don't think it matters, I believe HD and blu-ray have the same quality of picture, blu-ray just holds more memory, but how many people are going to utilize that much space on a DvD or game?

Right now everyones acting like they're forced to choose and side with one console, I say don't limit yourself. I had a cube, ps2, xbox and before that I had a 64, ps1 and dreamcast, now granted I didn't get them all at launch and pay full price, but I found something enjoyable about all of them once I eventually got them.

Wolfwood
03-25-2007, 02:06 PM
sorry, ya wrong ichiro. blu-ray is a huge selling point for the ps3. why buy a blu-ray player thats over twice the price, when you can get the ps3 as ya blu-ray player for alot cheaper?
ps3 will sell to people wanting exclusives like MGS4 or FFXIII or Heavenly sword. and it'll also sell to people who dont play games but just want a blu-ray player for a good price.

if ya wanna know the games comming out for ps3 this year, just go to ign and check the release dates and games on the list. i'm sure many will find plenty their that they'd like, and if not, no big. no-ones forcing people to buy the ps3, but some people should be realistic and accept it's a console that'll do very well this gen despite a shacky start.

-Batman-
03-25-2007, 02:07 PM
but how many people are going to utilize that much space on a DvD or game?

B-Buy ya know ^^ Hideo Kojima ya ^^? He's already asking for more development space ya? ^^ ya know, because he's almost filled up one blu-ray disk ^^;;...

when you can get the ps3 as ya blu-ray player for alot cheaper

You know, DVD players used to cost a fortune when they first came out. Now you can get a relativly good one for under 80 dollars. Video Game consoles aren't the only thing that drop in price as time goes by. If blu-ray does win the format war, within a year most blu-ray players will be much cheaper than they are now.

Wolfwood
03-25-2007, 02:11 PM
i thought FFxiii would of been first ^^; kojima beat em to it.
probably all that detail on snakes wrinkles. lol

Buruku
03-25-2007, 02:15 PM
B-Buy ya know ^^ Hideo Kojima ya ^^? He's already asking for more development space ya? ^^ ya know, because he's almost filled up one blu-ray disk ^^;;...
aahhaha, That raffled my waffles.

Wolfwood
03-25-2007, 02:26 PM
it'll be a matter of sony dropping its price to be in line with the other blu-ray players. it has a head start i guess with the price ^^;

it's surprsing that they did need a bigger blu-ray disk for mgs4. not because of the game, but because it's early in this gen of consoles. by the end i can see people changing disks more then they do weapons in some games ^^;

"please insert M-4 disk" ... "please insert reload disk" ... "please insert game over screen disk" :P ok that's over-doing it ^^; but ya get the idea.

Opinionated
03-25-2007, 02:34 PM
But that's what you get when you make a game bigger than the common disk size. Personally, I kind of like the situation. He's promised, like Sony, the sun, moon, and everything in between when it comes to MGS4. Then, he makes it bigger than the disk. Either he makes the game smaller or they make a bigger disk. But if they make a bigger disk, won't that mean that they have to update the PS3 to read the bigger disk?

Wolfwood
03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
ps3 is able to read 25gb and 50gb dual layer blu-ray disks. later there are 200gb disks planned, but ps3 wont be able to play em. but i dont think you'd see em needed or widely used for many a year ^^;

apparently this is supposed to be the last mgs game (or atleast the last in the main series) so i guess he's planning to go out with a very big bang ^^
it probably is the most wanted game on ps3 right now. hope the wait will be worth it ^^

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-25-2007, 06:22 PM
sorry, ya wrong ichiro. blu-ray is a huge selling point for the ps3. why buy a blu-ray player thats over twice the price, when you can get the ps3 as ya blu-ray player for alot cheaper?
ps3 will sell to people wanting exclusives like MGS4 or FFXIII or Heavenly sword. and it'll also sell to people who dont play games but just want a blu-ray player for a good price.

if ya wanna know the games comming out for ps3 this year, just go to ign and check the release dates and games on the list. i'm sure many will find plenty their that they'd like, and if not, no big. no-ones forcing people to buy the ps3, but some people should be realistic and accept it's a console that'll do very well this gen despite a shacky start.Oh really? So tell me, why is it that the PS3 is STILL the only system that has not even reached the sales count of 2 million? In fact, it's not that much bigger of a number than from the last time I checked.

Oh yeah, you're saying that all you can find it Blu-ray discs around is bogus. What format do I see everything in? HD-DVD. I found THREE little blu-ray discs, which as told from the store clerk, have been there for about 2 months now. And don't say that it's different in YOUR country, we've already clarified that America and Europe are the biggest gaming consumers.

Zanethose
03-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Woah,woah there, hold up just a second. Did you just say "so what?" to the price? The price of games and consoles plays a big part in all this.

Now,like the Wii, sure it has great games and an innovative control, but I dont think as many people would spring for it if it costed some $600. I think the price is one of the reasons why the PS3 aint so hot right now.

As has better PS3 games come out, better Wii and 360 games are gonna come out with them.

No, what im saying is that there are enough people out there who are gonna be it in the end that eventually it wont matter.

I personally havent bought one exactly because of the price. So no, im not saying "So what" to the price, im saying people are gonna buy it despite the price because sony has enough fanboys to get them by

bakakame
03-26-2007, 12:00 AM
A different question: Will Sony ever stop publically embarrassing themselves?

A new comment from Sony exec's calls America (the largest market for Sony's product) "A land of cheap people." Now I'm sure people in other countries get a chuckle out of that, but since this is the current largest market, let's chalk that up with some of the other things Sony says to shoot themselves in the foot:

"I think the PS3 is actually underpriced"
"The next generation doesn't start until WE say so!"
"We would sell 5 million units even without any games for it"
"Gamers aren't concerned about the sound"
"I'll pay $1200 for any PS3 you can find that has been in the store for more than 10 minutes"

And now essentially, American's are cheap bastards.

Um.. Sony, flattery will get you nowhere.

Buruku
03-26-2007, 12:19 AM
let's chalk that up with some of the other things Sony says to shoot themselves in the foot:

Flip the crab for massive damage!!

Wolfwood
03-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Post removed due to language

Regex
03-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh, and stop saying that Blu-Ray has won. All of us smart people know better than to believe that it's too early to declare anyone the winner in the format war.

When it comes to the format war, history has shown the early numbers to be very little indication on the future. On the other hand, in video game consoles, the early numbers often times are very accurate in the long run.

Wolfwood
03-26-2007, 11:09 AM
it's beyond the point of a hd-dvd comback. there are to many studio's on blu-rays side for hd-dvd to get many movies, and it's becomming harder and harder to even find HD in stores.
it's gonna need a wish from the High-def fairy godmother to make it back from this ^^

and if the eairly numbers are accurate for consoles, then that would suggest that ps3 will climb ahead of 360. check the graphs on vgcharts.org when comparing those consoles with the launches aligned. ps3 is doing better then 360 was at launch by alot in japan, and just ahead in america too.
it may of had a later start, but the ps3 is gonna be around for a long long time ^^ price drops and huge games will see it making big sales world wide.

360 can do that too, but right now they got a weak point in the japanese market and that's a problem for overall sales. not enough rpg's would be the cause. they did have a sales jump with blue dragon in japan, but they'll need more still.

Regex
03-26-2007, 12:16 PM
I recommend using actual data, not Sony-biased, out of context numbers.

Sony will need to drop the price of the PS3 to sell anywhere near enough to keep it as a contender. As it stands right now, there aren't enough PS3's in peoples' homes to make it worth it for any developer to release a PS3 exclusive, which is what this topic is about. This one single truth right there is enough to put a negative stigma on the idea of releasing anything for the PS3 at all. (Yes, this is how business analysts and managers work -- Whether or not things will be profitable, if they heard bad news, they'll stay away from it)

Now, as a moderator. Wolfwood, you say exactly the same thing every time you post in one of these topics. You spew biased numbers and made up information, and repeat it over and over again, even after you've been proven to be a fanboy with no real information. Every post you have put into this topic is exactly the same as every post you put in the last topic. I'm not going to have that topic spring up again, just because you want all this information to be true. So this topic will be closed unless you can post something at least different. Something that hasn't already been proven false or inconclusive.

Regex
03-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank you Wolfwood.