PDA

View Full Version : ichigo's father *spoiler for thos hwo have not seen all!*

emrys
03-15-2007, 06:57 PM
what do you think is the deal with ichigos father? why not tel ichigo about his shinigami past? who was he in soul society?

Gjallarhorn
03-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Probably because he didn't want to expose his family, who lived normal lives, to such a dangerous world. He wanted to live his life peacefully, rather than continue being in a dangerous position, as well as wanting to live with Misaki (Mrs. Kurosaki).

Also, we know that he was at one point a Captain because of the white garb he was carrying, but other than that, we have yet to ear or see anything else about him. I think that he will play a bigger role after the Hueco Mundo arc, seeing as he didn't do much in the Arrancar arc other than defeat Grand Fisher.

emrys
03-15-2007, 07:37 PM
not that why not tell ichigo now... and what division was he captain of aso

Gjallarhorn
03-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Probably because he doesn't want Ichigo to know. That would seriously mess up the father-son relationship he has built...as strange as that relationship it.

As for his division, nothing about his past of as a Shinigami is known yet.

emrys
03-16-2007, 08:12 AM
i know that i asked what u think;)

yeah i kan under stand that he wants his son too think he is a dumbass:P ehehe

Mugetsu
03-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Besides, he can't tell Ichigo now be cause Ichigo is not there lol. He'll have to wait until he gets back....IF he gets back (villainous laugh). No, I'm pretty sure he'll get back.

Also we don't really know the circumstances as to why he left Soul Society. That may have something to do with why he won't tell Ichigo. Maybe something happened that he didn't want them to know about.

emrys
03-16-2007, 09:08 AM
maybe hes arfaid ichigo will blame him for his mothers death... if seems her death is why he left soul Society

Mugetsu
03-16-2007, 09:54 AM
maybe hes arfaid ichigo will blame him for his mothers death... if seems her death is why he left soul Society

I think the first part is possible. About him being afraid that Ichigo may resent or be upset with him because of the death of his mother. After all his mother was killed by Grand Fisher (a hollow) and his father is a captain level shinigami. Maybe he himself feels guilty about not being able to protect her.

However, I don't agree with the idea of her death being the reason that he left Soul Society. It seems pretty obvious that he probably left well before Ichigo was even born.

Spectre
03-16-2007, 12:05 PM

He left the soul society 15 to 20 yrs before Ichigo even met Rukia on the first place.....even so his mother only died 4 yrs earlier and by then all of his shingami powers were long gone......so their was nothing he could've done...

Mugetsu
03-16-2007, 12:20 PM
He left the soul society 15 to 20 yrs before Ichigo even met Rukia on the first place.....even so his mother only died 4 yrs earlier and by then all of his shingami powers were long gone......so their was nothing he could've done...

Actually his shinigami powers are not gone. The whole reason that we know he is a shinigami (and captain level at that) is because he used his powers. And from what I can tell it seems that he may even be stronger than Ichigo is.

Yasuke Shodaime
03-16-2007, 12:27 PM
maybe I can't belive ichigos father is from the soul soceity I guess you learn a new thing every day

Fionn Mac
03-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I think he may have left with Urahara. They seem to be buddies or something of that nature, atleast its quite safe to say they were captain's at the same time. He may have been connected with Urahara's experiments, thus not wanting to tell Ichigo he was apart of them?

He knows about Aizen doesn't he? Maybe he was the former Captain of Aizen's division, just a completely uneducated guess.
Anyway if your dad's a captain, your bound to inherit some power, So I'd agree he's probably or was at one time stronger than his son.

Spectre
03-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I think he may have left with Urahara. They seem to be buddies or something of that nature, atleast its quite safe to say they were captain's at the same time. He may have been connected with Urahara's experiments, thus not wanting to tell Ichigo he was apart of them?

He knows about Aizen doesn't he? Maybe he was the former Captain of Aizen's division, just a completely uneducated guess.
Anyway if your dad's a captain, your bound to inherit some power, So I'd agree he's probably or was at one time stronger than his son.

.....that last part makes sense.......hmm......

Hitsugaya389
03-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Maybe because he is afraid of what Ichigo might think of him after hiding it all these years. I really think that Ichigo will fight his father and win, but if Ichigo's dad was a cap, then what division was it??? Sry that this is getting off subjet... just really tired

emrys
03-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe because he is afraid of what Ichigo might think of him after hiding it all these years. I really think that Ichigo will fight his father and win, but if Ichigo's dad was a cap, then what division was it??? Sry that this is getting off subjet... just really tired

np... hehe... i really wanna know about his past:banghead:

Fionn Mac
03-19-2007, 05:23 PM
I just wonder why no one in the Soul Society recognizes the Kurosaki name,or chooses not to say anything. Being a former captain one would think someone would have said, hey I wonder if that Ichigo Kurosaki is related to the former captain?

Which lends to what actually happened in his past. People still remember Urahara's former captain title, why not Mr. Kurosaki's?...well atleast Urahara knows.

Mugetsu
03-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I doubt anyone would have really wondered about Ichigos name when he 1st went to SS. The didn't even know his name when he entered and was trying to save Rukia. They just reffered to him as one of the Ryokamost of the time.

It's also possible that he changed his name after leaving SS to further avoid detection. But one thing is for sure. He is not nearly as dumb and goofy as he acts.

emrys
03-19-2007, 05:52 PM
i think rukias brother remembers... i think it may bee part of why he does not like ichogo that mutch...

Fionn Mac
03-20-2007, 01:42 PM
I agree with those points. Just odd when he said his name was Ichigo Kurosaki nothing seemed to click in anyone's mind in SS, which leads to the point maybe Isshin did change his name.

Anyway, as goofy as he portrays himself he's up to date on things. Didn't Urahara say something to the effect like "its happening just like you said".
He was more than likely in on Urahara's experiments and such.
Kind of reminds me of Captain Kyouraku, goofy but can be serious (atleast now) and is obviously powerful.

Mugetsu
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Isshin & Kisuke have definitely had dealings with each other in the past.

I just thought of something funny. Did they ever actually mention the name of or show the captain that Zaraki defeated? Maybe it was Isshin & he faked getting beat by Zaraki so that he could leave without anyone noticing. He could have had Aizen in on it. Use his illusion power to create a fake body while Isshin snuck out during the confusion.

And before anyone says "hey, Mugetsu says Isshin & Aizen got together to fake Isshins death", this is just a MADE UP PRETEND THEORY WITH NO SOLID EVIDENCE. It's done for fun. Thou it would be cool if it turned out I was right.

Fionn Mac
03-20-2007, 06:18 PM
You know, I was actually wondering if he was the Captain who Zaraki defeated or something like that. The other captains are pretty much set some story wise and seniority wise.
Yamamoto- "the captain"
Utitake- Original, been around from the start
Kyouraku- Original, " "
Mayuri- after Urahara (Hmm was he Urahara's Vice captain?)
Soifon- after Yoruichi
Byakuya- probably to "popular or esteemed" to be a replacement.
Unohana- don't think Isshin was a captain here...though he is a really good doctor.
Ichimaru- Its said he became a captain the same time Byakuya did...though he used to be a vice captain before the 3rd division.
Hitsugaya- young but, I don't think so.
Tosen & Komamura- Not sure about these two

Aizen is the one that I wonder about. I think its stated that Tosen knew Aizen when he was still Lieutenant of the 5th division.
This makes me wonder...It may have been Isshin's wish to leave, knowing what trouble being with Urahara's experiments would cause...perhaps he asked his Vice-Captain Aizen? to help him get out.
Then that would explain how Aizen knew about Urahara's invention, from his "Captain Isshin"...and why Isshin knows a good deal about Aizen and the kind of guy he is, (Isshin's actual keen awarness may have picked up on Aizen's power drive)

Of course to go with Mugetsu's thought, he could have been friends with Aizen or fellow Captains, making Isshin the 11th division Captain that "died."
Eh, those are my rambling thoughts.
(Geez if Aizen was really the bad bad guy, he could have sent the hollow to kill Mrs. Kurosaki...in spite of his former captain or fellow captain?)

DuckyInMyTrucky
03-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Hmmm... something interesting I came across when I was rewatching ep 41 or 42 (1st attept in saving rukia). When Ichigo came down, it showed Ukitate in shock and asked Byakuya about him. Then Byakuya turned and said to him "No relation, at least to the person that just flashed in you're mind, my senior."

This kind of makes me think that Byakuya "may" have filled Isshin's place, and he was there while Ukitate was captain or so. Of course this is just a opinion, not a fact.

The hole Aizen theory sounds interesting though, would be neat to find it true.

Mugetsu
03-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Hmmm... something interesting I came across when I was rewatching ep 41 or 42 (1st attept in saving rukia). When Ichigo came down, it showed Ukitate in shock and asked Byakuya about him. Then Byakuya turned and said to him "No relation, at least to the person that just flashed in you're mind, my senior."

This kind of makes me think that Byakuya "may" have filled Isshin's place, and he was there while Ukitate was captain or so. Of course this is just a opinion, not a fact.

Are you serious???? He actually said that? I have to remember to look that up. That would be huge and I would hate myself for not picking up on it before lol. I'm usually very perceptive about stuf like that.

But that would mean that they did remember the name. Maybe they just didn't think further about it becuse
1) Ichigo is a regular human an not a citizen of SS
2) They may have thought Isshin died without children (If so they may feel that Ichigo is too young to be Isshins child)
3) Ichigos hair is blazing bright while Isshins is black

But I do hope we find out more about Aizens past. I know Gin was his vice captain but where did he start?

Regex
03-22-2007, 10:29 AM

I am pretty sure he was referring to Ukitake's old vice-captain, the one that looked just like Ichigo. "My senior" would have been just his way of adressing Ukitake.

Fionn Mac
03-22-2007, 10:33 AM
I know Aizen was supposedly the former 5th Division Vice-Captain, or so each Bleach info site says, thus sparking my interest in a 5th Division Captain Kurosaki Isshin and Vice Captain Sosuke Aizen. Although its hard to piece the time periods of each person.

Though, are the 20 years associated with Isshin, 20 years since he took shinigami form, or since he was a captain in the SS? Because with things such as Byakuya becoming captain 50 years before the storyline, kind adds to the time mismatching.

Mugetsu
03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
I am pretty sure he was referring to Ukitake's old vice-captain, the one that looked just like Ichigo. "My senior" would have been just his way of adressing Ukitake.

That makes sense. Actually I'm not even sure if Byakuya knew (or even cared) what Ichigos full name was at that time. But the resemblance to Kaien would have definitely stood out as much to Ukitake as it did to Rukia.

I am really tempted to rewatch the series. Sometimes there are things you don't really pay attention too that are better understood when your further into the story. I'm sure I would pick up on things I didn't notice before.

The time lines are key, after what Regex just posted I'm starting to doubt if Byakuya was Isshins vice captain easpecially if he had been a captain for 50 years. I think most likely he was replaced by one of the newer captains.

Maybe Isshin didn't fake his death by losing to to Zaraki. Maybe Aizen helped him fake his death another way. After all if Isshin was to leave it would be the best way to get Gin a spot as a captain. That would have benefited Aizen.

DuckyInMyTrucky
03-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah, He could have been...just a thought that came into my mind, it fit the situation since Itchigo was there, but that does to now that I think about it.

Maybe Isshin didn't fake his death by losing to to Zaraki. Maybe Aizen helped him fake his death another way. After all if Isshin was to leave it would be the best way to get Gin a spot as a captain. That would have benefited Aizen.

The hole Aizen helping out Isshin fake his death though is very interesting. I would find it neat though to find it true (put in the manga in some way). If that was the case, then it seems Aizen is more of a genius (not like we didn't think that already) then we all thought to think his plan out so good.

Gjallarhorn
03-22-2007, 02:05 PM
In response to what DuckyInMyTrucky said, Ukitake was refering to Shiba Kaien, his former Vice-Captain. Ichigo's physical resemblance had been mentioned several times, the first being Renji and Byakuya's fight with Ichigo when they came to the Material World to retrieve Rukia. This was as well hinting at Shiba Kaien, and it was foreshadowing several episodes later when we saw Rukia's flashback of Kaien.
Also keep in mind that Ichigo and Kaien bear far more resemblance than Ichigo and his father.

Mugetsu
03-22-2007, 02:57 PM
So I think it's safe to say that they had no idea who Ichigo was as far as his relation to Isshin goes. Rukia wasn't a shinigami while he was a captain or else she would have recognized him. At this point I just want to know which division he was captain of.

I dont believe it was any of the following:
1st Division - Genryusai owns that one
2nd Division - I just doubt this one (Soifons division)
6th Dividion - Byakuya is the captain there and has been for like 50 years
8th Division - Kyoraku is one of Yamamotos original 2 so he has probably been a captain forever
12th Division - This was Kisuke's squad before Mayuri took over
13th Division - Ukitake. same as Kyoraku

That said the best possibilities I can think of are:
3rd Division - We dont know who was captain before Gin
4th Division - He's a doctor after all
5th Division - May have been Aizens captain at one time. Who knows...
7th Division - Komamura became a captain probably around the same time as Tousen
9th Division - This is Kaname Tousen's former division
10th Division - Hitsugaya is still young so he may have taken Isshins place after he left
11th Division - We still dont know who Zaraki "killed/defeated" to get that spot. Plus it may have something to do with why Ichigo is so good at fighting. It runs in his blood.

Fionn Mac
03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Nice breakdown Mugestu, similar to the way I see it broken it down.
Isshin is always suprise attacking/fighting Ichigo, which could be attributed to the 11th Division's love of fighting, or atleast to secretly train him under the assumption its only a goofy dad thing....though I'm not sure if the extreme love of fighting is only since Zaraki's term or that the 11th was always a rough around the edges division.

I still bet my soul candy on either the Aizen or Zaraki thoughts on Division and Urahara on why he left.
Isshin and Urahara seem close or know each other pretty well, due to the nature of their conversation. I think its perhaps "safe" to say they were Captains at the same time, Giving some time period range.
Odd for 3 former Captains (Isshin, Urahara, Yoruichi) to be out of soul society. I understand the latter two, but Isshin must have been their 3rd wheel, or picked a popular way out of being a Captain.

CapnJack
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
AHHHHH! So many spoilers... so happy and shocked.... to find out.... yet.... crushed to know.... about it when Im only up to ep 26 on Adultswim.

But seriously something told me in the back of my head that Ichigo's father might have had a bigger part with the Bleach story.

Mugetsu
03-22-2007, 04:51 PM
AHHHHH! So many spoilers... so happy and shocked.... to find out.... yet.... crushed to know.... about it when Im only up to ep 26 on Adultswim.

Thats why it pays to read the title of the threads you enter lol.

All this time we thought Isshin was just beating the crap out of his son when in fact it was a training routine. Thats why he was always sneak attacking him. Just training him to be aware of his surroundings. Honestly I don't think Ichigo would have been as physically strong without it. Remember Tatsukis flashbacks? Ichigo was a soft mamas boy when he was little. Now he regularly beats up entire gangs and has won battles more on his toughness and endurance more than on his skill. All thanks to fatherly training.

As for the 11th division thing, I guess it would only be natural for a squad to take on the personality of its leader. Maybe they loved fighting when Isshin was (may have been) captain but having Zaraki there just kicked it up a notch.

I am not however sure that Isshins departure from SS has that much to do directlty with Uraharas. Some sources say that Urahara left SS with Yoruichi about 100 years before this storyline started. I would have to know how long ago Isshin left to really be able to state that he left with them. Still it is possible that it was a trio and not just the two of them.

But it's obvious that Isshin knows about everything. Ichigo, Rukia, Ishida, Aizen and arrancar. I think it's amazing that he knows so much considering that he raises 3 kids, runs a clinic and has been out of SS for at least 20 years. I wonder if he talks to Urahara regularly or is he just able to sense all of this with his spiritual senses.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Ishida knows that Isshin is a shinigami. After all he is pretty good at detecting peoples spiritual pressence and can see the thread. Plus he knows that Ichigo is a shinigami.

Fionn Mac
03-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah I see that point. Some sources group Yoruichi and Isshin as his possible "accomplices", and wonder why they haven't been banned from the SS...well Yoruichi in this case, Isshin hasn't "been" a Shinigami in 20 years, let alone visiting SS.

Although after watching Isshin's awakening of sorts again, it seems like he and Urahara haven't spoken in sometime. Urahara says "Its been a while Isshin-san" and alludes to how his skills are still sharp. Now whether it means its been a while since he's seen Isshin in that form, or in a literal "I havent seen you since I and/or we left" sense I'm not sure.

Also Isshin used "we know"...or "we have been aware" a lot when speaking of the Arrancar. Isshin may still have ties to the SS, its hard to believe he'd be up to date on the progression of the Arrancar and Aizen just based on his senses.
Its weird how much he knows, for being out of the loop...or is he?

I'm pretty sure Ishida's Father knows Isshin is a shinigami, they talk in the manga about his powers returning I think?

Mugetsu
03-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Speaking of Ishidas father, I wonder how he will react to the fact that Ishida went to Hueco Mundo with Ichigo & Co. He seems to be a much more powerful Quincy than Ishida is.

Fionn Mac
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Well he did recieve his father's (Grandpa Ishida) powers, or atleast mentioned they passed to him. While he doesn't like his Quincy heritage, its obvious he knows what he is doing and I agree he's probably more powerful than his son...probably like Isshin is.

I see it as the classic Father "dislikes" the Grandfather's way of/outlook on life...while the Grandson wants to be just like the Grandpa, there in resenting his Father for acting the way he does.
Ryuuken is a cold guy, but if he totally objected the idea of his son being a Quincy, then I can't see him helping him regain his powers...let alone bringing up, "hey there is a way to get them back."

I'm pretty sure if he doesn't "know" already, I'm sure he's assumed his son would continue on with what he was doing. If Ryuuken can talk to Isshin a shinigami, then the whole don't associate with them thing can't be that big of a deal.

Hmm does Ishida have a mom or did she die as well?

Gjallarhorn
03-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Hmm does Ishida have a mom or did she die as well?

It's never been stated, but I'd assume that she is dead. Remember that Ishida is the "Last Quincy"...though technically his father is one as well, though he does not consider himself as such.

Mugetsu
03-29-2007, 04:45 PM
If Ryuuken can talk to Isshin a shinigami, then the whole don't associate with them thing can't be that big of a deal.

I wonder what their relationship is. I think it may be more than just "I know of your existance". It seems to me that they probably have had a good deal of interaction in the past.

Fionn Mac
04-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Looking around the other Bleach sites, it seems a good number of people also suspect Isshin is the previous 5th Squad Captain.
I'd like to see his shikai, having the same tassel hilt Ichigo used to have it is interesting.

As far as Ryuuken, I also wonder about the connection as well. Some say maybe he and Isshin were both after Mrs. Kurosaki at one time, though thats a stretch.
The paralles between their relationship and their sons is odd too.
Maybe it was apart of the Quincy Shinigami alliance thing Grandpa Ishida was working towards.
Accepting it or nor, Ryuuken had to learn how to make his bow at one point, it does take practice, one would think he was an active Quincy at one point.
Anyway I'm not sure where a flashback to their past would take place.

WhatIsAUserName
04-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Actually, I'm rather confused. Here's what I know, please correct me if I'm wrong:

Ichigo's father left the shinigami force 20 years ago (though he could have left and lost his powers later).

Urahara and Yoruichi left 100+ years ago.

Kenpachi Zaraki became captain apprx. 100 years ago.

Byakuya and Gin became captains around 50 years ago.

So upon this, it seems a little late for him to have been captains here. I would say that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, 12th, and 13th are out. Of the remainders, it seems to me like Unohana and Aizen had been captains for more than 20 years. So Komamura, Tosen, and Hitsugaya seem to be the most plausible to me. Of these three, I think Hitsugaya's the most likely since it seems that compared to the other captains, he has the least experience. 20 years isn't very long in SS, so that's not a long time to build up your reputation as a captain.

Of course, if he had left the Gotei 13 but lost his powers after a while in the real world, it kinda throws everything up in the air, since he could have left 50 or 100 years before the start of the storyline. It would be interesting to see if the haori (IIRC) that Kenpachi has used to be Kurosaki's, since it should be noted that he wasn't wearing one when he killed Grand Fisher.

ProjectVirtue
04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
it says he's captain class...but does that neccisarily mean he was a captain in the 13 court guardian squads? /hmm

Mugetsu
04-13-2007, 02:50 PM
it says he's captain class...but does that neccisarily mean he was a captain in the 13 court guardian squads? /hmm

When Ishin fought Grand Fisher you could see what looked like the remains on a captains garb. This is what leads most of us to believe that he was a captain at one point.

Fionn Mac
04-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah he had his robe tucked(a tattered one at that) under his armored shoulder guard. I swear I remember seeing someone else during the SS arc I think with a similar shoulder guard.

I was wondering, after Isshin defeated the Grand Fisher and did his speech on having a keen sense for things going on, he noticed the 3 mod souls from the detested Bounto Arc.
He said something to them and referred to them as "My best friends trio."
Now did this allude to them being friends with Kon, or each other...or did it allude to Urahara (their creator, his lackeys for lack of a better term).

Just a little thing I noticed, but if it was referring to Urahara as his best friend which is possible, then that adds more chance to him leaving SS because of Urahara, maybe leaving with his best buddy?

Mugetsu
04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
I would think he was reffering to Urahara. But I personally will not put too much importance on anything dealing with the three new mod souls. They don't really exist in the true cannon of Bleach and I had hoped that they would have phased them out completely by now. They may have just had Ishin say that to make people wonder...like what were doing now lol. If I see him call Urahara his best friend in the manga, then I will believe it.

JustPlaying
04-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Isshin & Kisuke have definitely had dealings with each other in the past.

I just thought of something funny. Did they ever actually mention the name of or show the captain that Zaraki defeated? Maybe it was Isshin & he faked getting beat by Zaraki so that he could leave without anyone noticing. He could have had Aizen in on it. Use his illusion power to create a fake body while Isshin snuck out during the confusion.

And before anyone says "hey, Mugetsu says Isshin & Aizen got together to fake Isshins death", this is just a MADE UP PRETEND THEORY WITH NO SOLID EVIDENCE. It's done for fun. Thou it would be cool if it turned out I was right.

Im gona add on some of my thoughts about what Mugetsu said about Zaraki:

Could it possibly be that Zaraki Could have been in on it too; since to help Isshin out. well these are my thought's even though there not really true or it may be true.

Blehmos
04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok, there is no way Isshin(correct me if I'm wrong) could have been in the 11th Division, because when Zaraki defeated the captain, he took the cape-thing too, that's why it's all torn at the bottom.

5th Division seems quite possible. Byakuya 50 years ago, and Gin is the same, it means that he's also around 50 years. so basically.....

If Aizen was a Vice-Captain(is it 5th Division?), that means...who knows what Byakuya and Ichimaru were, so, obviously, Aizen was a captain a long time ago. AT LEAST 60 or 70 years prior to the main storyline. AND Isshin(again, correct me), it doesn't tell you when he quit, but twenty years prior, he CEASED BEING A SHINIGAMI, which means he quit twenty years prior.

Urahara and Yoruichi exited Soul Society 100+ years prior to the main storyline, which means(wow, I'm using these two words alot) he lost his POWERS 20 years prior. Since the storyline is already advanced in.....two years I think, because they spent both summer vacations doing stuff(a TERRIBLE waste of a good two months).

But just because he quit being a Shinigami, it takes some time for it to totally die out, which means he didnt lose his powers instantaneously. But that means, it took 2-4 years for his powers to recover, slower(probably) than how fast they die out. Masaki Kurosaki died on June 17(My birthday), about.......when Ichigo was 5...so....hmm.....right now he's in Grade 11, so.......13...14....15....16.....ya, right now he's 16 years old, and his mother died when he was 5...or was it 7? I will use 7, so...it's been....14-7...its been seven whole years since she died.

Isshin married Masaki at least 7+years ago, back when he was still a Shinigami, right now, I don't have enough information to work with, I'll reply again when I have more details.

Spectre
04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
...Um....hate to correct you but Masaki died when Ichigo was 9...I was just flippin through the manga.....

Fionn Mac
04-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Isshin's captains garb is also torn at the bottom, probably over due to wear and tear, but maybe its the 11th division style...kind of stupid, but I can't see them having only one captain's coat. (Komamura can't possibly expect to wear his bloody/torn one, after Aizen totally owned him lol).

If Isshin was a shinigami, that would make his "body" a gigai. That probably explains his loss of powers, and he along with Urahara refering to his powers as "Shriveled"...which Urahara takes the blame for. (How the "Isshin gigai + Mrs. Kurosaki=Ichigo" thing works I have no idea.)

I never really understood Urahara and Yoruichi's body types, they have to be gigai, but they have seemingly no effect on their abilities...though Isshin obviously doesn't have the same type, for he went to spirit form.

I still think its weird how Isshin used "we know" so much when talking about the Arrancar/Vizard.
Perhaps he was on a special assignment investigating the Arrancar(the pre-Aizen ones)...he came to the real world, maybe meeting Ryuuken while he was there, met Mrs. Kurosaki, fell in love, defected from SS either with Urahara and Yoruichi so he could be with her or go with his "buddies".

WhatIsAUserName
04-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't know if anybody's mentioned this, but is it possible that Ichigo's immense spiritual energy contributed in anyway to the fact that his father regained his powers?

Oh, and remember how matter particles can be converted to spirit particles? Maybe the reverse happened, so Urahara and Yoruichi (and maybe Isshin) don't need a gigai.

As for ProjectVirtue's post, I highly doubt that Isshin was one of, say the Royal Guard, or the Demon Arts Syndicate. But it is possible, however we haven't seen much of the two.

Blehmos
04-25-2007, 07:29 AM
I have come up with several solutions to this problem.

First of all, I would like to make a point, somebody already said this before, but I would like to mention it again.

I notice that all the "old" captains have their haori with just a.....normal haori. All the "new" or more recent, if you can call it that, has black sleeves....

So, therefore I have come up with this solution:

1st Division: Completely out of the question.

2nd Division: Possible, Yoruichi was the leader of the Special forces, not the captain of the 2nd Division......

3rd Division: Not Possible, Ichimaru is relatively new, but he became a captain 50 years ago, while Isshin quit 20 years ago.

4th Division: Not possible, since Byakuya and Ichimaru(I'll refer to them together as Byamaru) have those short sleeve haoris, they were captains 50 years ago, and Unohana has a long one, so....

5th Division: Not possible, because Aizen has one of those long ones....and Isshin quit around (i'll guess) 20 years ago, so NO WAY.

6th Division: Not very possible, considering Byakuya became a captain 50 years ago, and Isshin quit 20 years ago.

7th Division: I don't have the exact details, but Aizen was a Vice Captain when he met Komamura, and Komamura seems new, because of his haori. This IS possible, but only if details can be confirmed.

8th Division: :laugh:I doubt it!

9th Division: Noooooo way, Tosen is an old captain because of his haori, so no way.

10th Division: This one I think is the most logical, as Matsumoto has been a Vice Captain longer than Hitsugaya has been a captain. And Hitsugaya ...he was training while Hinamori was still in school so....this one seems the most logical so far.

11th Division: This one is slightly possible, seeing how the coordination of Aizen and Zaraki couldve allowed Isshin to escape, although it's not exactly possible, due to the fact that Zaraki KILLED a captain, and Isshin quit by himself, so....not really.

12th Division: This one isn't possible, seeing how there was no gap between Urahara and Kurotsuchi.

13th Division: :laugh:I doubt it!

jRinoA
04-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Ichigo's dad was a Captain Shinigami, nee?...MAybe he doesn't want Ichigo to know that fact, because he wants Ichigo to learn how to be a powerful Shinigami on his own..And so that he won't depend on others...I think =_="

WhatIsAUserName
04-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Actually, I don't think that you can use something as trivial as haori length and color to judge how long a person has been captain. For example, Kurotsuchi and Soi Fon replaced Urahara and Yoruichi at approximately the same time, but their sleeves are different. And while it's never explicitly stated that Yoruichi was the former 2nd Squad captain, I find it very unlikely that Soi Fon was a captain while still being subordinate to Yoruichi in terms of the Special Forces.

And then Shunsui has that really wierd haori, and I doubt that the oldest captains are actually given that as an option to wear. In addition, if Aizen really took control of 5th Division after Isshin left (I personally doubt this), then it wouldn't make sense for a relative novice to wear a uniform that supposed to be worn by veterans. I was under the impression that Komamura and Tosen became captains at the same time (well, only since they seem to do almost everything in lockstep), but then, their uniforms are different too.

Most likely, I would assume that after a certain time as a captain, one is allowed to choose what to wear for himself/herself. I mean, I doubt that Zaraki is forced to wear that tattered cloak that he has, or that Yamamoto has to wear that huge haori because he's the Captain-General.

Kopy-cat
04-29-2007, 04:34 PM
How do we know that Isshin left SS 20 years ago? Has it actually been mentioned somewhere, or is it just a wild guess?

For all we know, he could have left hundreds of years ago, and just wandered around, since Shinigami don't age - atleast in the time span that we think of.

There also seems to be a difference in how Yoruichi and Urahara left. Remember back when Ichigo went to the SS? With Yoruichi as their guide? Urahara came up to the gate and put his hand on the entrance and there was this weird sizzling and sparking, which showed that he can't get through the barrier and into SS? Yoruichi can freely pass between the two, while Urahara, it seems, cannot.

Also, we don't know if Urahara and Co can be seen by normal people. He could just be a soul, since the only people we've seen interacting with them are Shinigami and people who can see Shinigami.

Just my two cents.

Hollow Ichigo
04-29-2007, 04:52 PM
You what to know the turth here it is

his conversation with Urahara that he encountered arrancar about ten years before the main storyline, though they were nowhere near as complete as Fisher. He also reveals to Kon that he has been aware of Ichigo's shinigami activities and Kon's substitutions since Grand Fisher's first attack. He also notes that he has never called Kon "Ichigo" while Kon is in Ichigo's body and that the traveling charm he gave Ichigo before he went to rescue Rukia was actually for Kon (it's a protection talisman). This shows the sensitivity and propriety that he possesses of his role as Ichigo's father, which is rarely portrayed in the series.

Isshin also shares a relationship with Ryūken Ishida not unlike that of their sons. When Ryūken discovers his son is missing, Isshin pays him a visit and the two chat about their respective styles of parenting. It is then revealed that Ryūken was aware of Isshin's status, and he comments on Isshin's powers. The Bleach Official Animation Book VIBEs states that the two have some prior history together, and that they have been acquaintances for quite some time. It can also be noted they both are doctors, Isshin runs a clinic while Ryūken runs a hospital.

Little is known about Isshin's history, except that he was once a captain-level shinigami, though his division is currently unknown.[3][4] Twenty years before the main storyline, he ceased being a shinigami, although it is unclear whether he officially quit his duties at that time or on an earlier date. His current shinigami uniform retains a captain's robe, but it has no visible division insignia and is worn like a sash over his left shoulder. After leaving the shinigami, Isshin lost most if not all his powers, and has only recently regained them. It is inferred that he was more powerful and is still recovering. However, he was still powerful enough at this point to slay Grand Fisher in his released arrancar form with a single strike.

He later married Masaki Kurosaki and they had three children Ichigo, Karin and Yuzu. Masaki later died at the hands of Grand Fisher, who was a simple hollow at the time, six years before the main storyline. Isshin was unable to prevent Masaki's death and blamed himself for it; later in the series however, he eventually kills Grand Fisher, both protecting Kon (inhabiting Ichigo's body) from attack and finally avenging his wife's death.

The name of Isshin's zanpakutō has not yet been revealed. Isshin has only used it once as an example of how every captain-level shinigami must suppress the sizes of their zanpakutō, as they would otherwise be swinging swords the size of skyscrapers, when he spoke to Grand Fisher.[4] It is also worn with the edge down like a tachi, instead of the edge up like a katana. The end of the hilt has a tassel similar to Ichigo's original zanpakutō.

Spectre
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
You what to know the turth here it is

his conversation with Urahara that he encountered arrancar about ten years before the main storyline, though they were nowhere near as complete as Fisher. He also reveals to Kon that he has been aware of Ichigo's shinigami activities and Kon's substitutions since Grand Fisher's first attack. He also notes that he has never called Kon "Ichigo" while Kon is in Ichigo's body and that the traveling charm he gave Ichigo before he went to rescue Rukia was actually for Kon (it's a protection talisman). This shows the sensitivity and propriety that he possesses of his role as Ichigo's father, which is rarely portrayed in the series.

Isshin also shares a relationship with Ryūken Ishida not unlike that of their sons. When Ryūken discovers his son is missing, Isshin pays him a visit and the two chat about their respective styles of parenting. It is then revealed that Ryūken was aware of Isshin's status, and he comments on Isshin's powers. The Bleach Official Animation Book VIBEs states that the two have some prior history together, and that they have been acquaintances for quite some time. It can also be noted they both are doctors, Isshin runs a clinic while Ryūken runs a hospital.

Little is known about Isshin's history, except that he was once a captain-level shinigami, though his division is currently unknown.[3][4] Twenty years before the main storyline, he ceased being a shinigami, although it is unclear whether he officially quit his duties at that time or on an earlier date. His current shinigami uniform retains a captain's robe, but it has no visible division insignia and is worn like a sash over his left shoulder. After leaving the shinigami, Isshin lost most if not all his powers, and has only recently regained them. It is inferred that he was more powerful and is still recovering. However, he was still powerful enough at this point to slay Grand Fisher in his released arrancar form with a single strike.

He later married Masaki Kurosaki and they had three children Ichigo, Karin and Yuzu. Masaki later died at the hands of Grand Fisher, who was a simple hollow at the time, six years before the main storyline. Isshin was unable to prevent Masaki's death and blamed himself for it; later in the series however, he eventually kills Grand Fisher, both protecting Kon (inhabiting Ichigo's body) from attack and finally avenging his wife's death.

The name of Isshin's zanpakutō has not yet been revealed. Isshin has only used it once as an example of how every captain-level shinigami must suppress the sizes of their zanpakutō, as they would otherwise be swinging swords the size of skyscrapers, when he spoke to Grand Fisher.[4] It is also worn with the edge down like a tachi, instead of the edge up like a katana. The end of the hilt has a tassel similar to Ichigo's original zanpakutō.

Why'd you copy and paste from wikipedia...?

Hollow Ichigo
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Cause i can and to let you all know the turth

Kopy-cat
04-29-2007, 10:42 PM

Ummm... you know, we can all go on wikipedia and search it up if we really feel like it.

You didn't contribute any new information anyways.

And no one has yet answered why everyone thinks that Isshin left SS 20 years prior to the beginning of Bleach/where can I find this information

Fionn Mac
04-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Urahara said in their conversation, "how does it feel, being a shinigami again after 20 years"...where Isshin replied "Its alright"

No one, atleast here, thinks he left SS 20 years ago. He hasn't "been" a shinigami in 20 years. Even Yoruichi said she hadn't taken her true form in some time, complaining about the need for clothes.

Mugetsu
04-30-2007, 03:53 PM
@ Hollow IchigoEverything that you copied and pasted was already said in this thread. Did you even bother to read the other posts?

So we know that Ishin has not been a Shinigami in 20 years. That could just mean that he decided not to use his powers in the last 20 years (staying in a fake body). I don't think he ever actually lost his powers. Did it actually say that he lost them? The way he completely and utterly decimated Grand Fisher did not seem like the work of someone who just got their powers back. I believe he just hid or supressed his spiritual power so he would not be detected by hollows. Since hollows are attracted to high spiritual energy that would be necessary to protect his family from constantly being attacked.

I honestly don't remember it being ststed that Ishin LEFT SS 20 year ago. As was mentioned, he could have left long before that.

And Wikipedia, as good as it is, is not always a reliable source of information. They find out information the same way we do and a lot of what they print is based more on opinion and conjecture than on solid fact.

Fionn Mac
04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Isshin was probably lacking spiritual power, much like Rukia did, though her gigai did not allow her to regain any power.

For Urahara to sort of take the blame for his "friend's" shriveled power, kind of reassures an idea that he's in a gigai.
I am guessing out of pure conjecture, as most thoughts are here.

That Isshin wasn't strong enough to take down the Grand Fisher (a result of his gigai)...and ceased being a shinigami out of guilt, then finally realizing he needed to quit feeling guilty and get back in shape to help his son.
Urahara probably saved him in the battle or lack there of, for he knew about "her" death and the revenge factor.
There could have been some uneasy tension between Isshin and Urahara. It could be why he said "its been a while Urahara"

Masali
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM

Translation: Awww, you exposed my blatant plagerism.

Hollow Ichigo
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Ok then Issun may have lost some of his power because of his human body,and also that ouwld mine the Urahara is also doing the same thing right. So as i see it i think he wasnt able to use his power at full because of his human body,but now i hope to see more of him.

Blehmos
05-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Guys, let's remember what we are here to talk about, the Division that Isshin was captain of, anyways, I have been proved wrong a bit about the haori, just seemed logical for a moment there, anyways, it's basically impossible to find out what Division he was in, due to absence of required information, there are only a few logical guesses right now, but I THINK the haoris have SOMETHING to do with it. Here are my "logical" guesses:

-He was part of 5th, Zaraki and Aizen helped stage something

-He was a part of 10th, Hitsugaya seems like the most recent captain

-He was a part of 6th or 3rd, before escaping

Those are my guesses, and I completely agree that they don't have only ONE HAORI, why didn't I put that into my post...oh well. I either cannot find this out due to not ENOUGH information, or I haven't looked thoroughly enough through the EXISTING information.

SummerGal
05-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Aside from his stint as a Gotei 13 Taichou, I'm not yet completely sure about his role.

Wednesday
06-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Probably because he didn't want to expose his family, who lived normal lives, to such a dangerous world. He wanted to live his life peacefully, rather than continue being in a dangerous position, as well as wanting to live with Misaki (Mrs. Kurosaki).

Also, we know that he was at one point a Captain because of the white garb he was carrying, but other than that, we have yet to ear or see anything else about him. I think that he will play a bigger role after the Hueco Mundo arc, seeing as he didn't do much in the Arrancar arc other than defeat Grand Fisher.
I agree fully.

amazon hobo
06-08-2007, 03:33 AM
i think ichigo's dad was the captain of the 11th squad before zaraki and zaraki challenged to kill him in front of audience but iishiin didnt try because he wanted to leave because ichigo was born...i think hes 11th saquad captain cuz zaraki has no sleeves and im almost sure in the flashback where zaraki won he had 1 sleeve and cut the other one off to make it even making the garb of white on ishiins back the sleeve

Interpreter
06-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Well, i do believe that isshin was a captain level shinigami, and he's probably very strong, stronger than zaraki perhaps, that's probably why he did not want to stay in Seireitei (other than the fact that he had met the woman of his dreams). As for his absurd, sometimes rather obnoxious ways, I think it is so that he can continue his wife's job of making their children happy, to let them know they can depend on him (though it backfired). I just couldn't understand why he smoked in the first place, in the period before he married misaki until when she died. If he was a captain level shinigami, surely, he wouldn't be attracted to humanly actions? And thus far, i didn't think they showed any shinigami who smoked.

lordrellik8
07-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks For The Info Guys!

Hollow Ichigo
07-30-2007, 03:18 PM
I may have come upon something good.

Kaien Shiba maybe the brother of ichigo. Im not sure but what if Issun left because his son died. Because of this hollow. Also Byakuya called Shiba his senior. Maybe he is older then byakuya. This could be. That could explain somethings in my book. Also if this inst ture then why do they look just alike. This is something that well be reverled later in the serios. Ichigo and Shiba.But also if that was ture ganju and his sister would have noticed that right. Right. Also put a goatee on Ganju and given him issun's hair look alike. yeah to me they do. Also Karin and Kukaku Shiba. they look alike also just a youger verion of her.

Please tell me what you think.

Could they be part of the noble Shiba family