PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished-feeling games.

Opinionated
03-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Has anyone played an unfinished feeling game? One that feels like it was rushed out out onto the market, or had features that weren't fully implimented?

My experience is Mechassault: Phantom War for the DS. For its beautiful full-motion-video cutscenes and well-done voice acting, the lack of multiplayer options and sloppy textures made the game feel rushed.

So, anyone else?

Buruku
03-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I know there was quite a few rushed DS games that came out in 06, but the only one I have is Harvest Moon DS and I baught it knowing it had issues.

The game would freeze a lot, it looked like a GBA game, and the item menu looked like an 8 year old drew it on paint (the program).

I also have glitch marks across the back of my field for no apparent reason, I was thrilled when they dissapeared but then they came back again.

Despite all this I played it practically all chistmas break, the game has so many problems its comical. The next one looks like actual effort was put into it though, I'll probably get it.

Khanxay
03-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Halo 2. Especially when I saw the DVD included that showed all the stuff they didn't include because they were rushed.

氷の動物
03-15-2007, 02:41 AM
I would have to say:

Kameo (XBOX360) - For a game that was in production since the Nintendo64 it just blows my mind how it is still immensely short; you would think with all that time they could of had somebody churning out levels so it would be one of the most massive platformer games to date. Plus you get a whole ton of powers in the game but it progresses so fast that you never really get to focus on one for more than an hour.

The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (GC) - I actually really, really, liked this game... I thought the graphics were amazing and the world was great. But why does it have so few dungeons? I mean it has like half the dungeons of previous Zelda games, the ones that were there were a blast but I think they really could have added more dungeons as that is really the major draw of the Zelda series.

Regex
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Fable and Ico come to mind.
They could have been good, if they weren't so damn short.

mythroch
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
if you want to see unfinished games go PC. fortunatly patches are usualy released shortly after by concientious developers when marketing isn't breathing down their necks.
unfinished story:half life 2 - thank god they're bringing out follow ons.
Unfinused code: Ulitima IX - still the buggiest game ever (and it has some stiff competition for that honor now.)
Ended to quick: Unreal 2 - i dunno. it was just severely anticlimactic in a big way.

Sesshomarus Bro
04-22-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm gonna have to say Madden 07. Seeing how the last 2 editions had been so successful and brought many changes to the franchise, you would be hoping that Madden 07 would've brought more features than just the "Superstar" mode.

Eris
04-22-2007, 12:16 PM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wasn't ready for prime-time. Too many bugs, but still a great game.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Heh. Daggerfall.*

*- Elder Scrolls game before Morrowind. What it did well, it did impossibly well. Their were 100s of dungeons that each took a few hours to beat, and a great many cities, a hell of a lot of customization, and the game covers every inch of a country that, in real life, would be fair sized. Too bad it's ugly as sin (Doomesque psudo-3D), buggy, and most of the quests fall into the fetch item from random dungeon quest catagory.

rpgsan
04-24-2007, 03:28 AM
Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis III... most games by Paradox.

Dragon Ichigo
04-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Sadly yes and Fable is the name... I rented it once and I fell deeply in love with all the side quests and little things you could do like be evil, buy a house, etc. I was so happy for that week, then I bought it and beat the whole story mode in a day and said, "Where'd the rest go..?" I've given my Xbox and it's games to my dad since I have a Xbox360 but I just hope he doesn't finish it in a day like I did!