PDA

View Full Version : Diffrent types of Hollows...

Spectre
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I was flipping through anime site earlier and I found that there are another race of hollows called Arrancar.....they are hollows that removed their maks and have gainde Shinigami powers.....as I scrolled down I saw that they were only able to be created by using the orb of distortion....and I wanted to know the full story....and what the Orb of distortion is.....if anyone knows...

Mugetsu
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Kisuke Urahara created the Hogyoku (orb of distortion) back when he was head of Soul Societys research division. I can be used to give hollows shinigami powers or give shinigamis the power of a hollow. When used on a hollow they can remove their mask (part of the mask still remains) and get shinigami powers. You can tell an arrancar because they have a more human like appearance and a broken mask. They also have a zanpakuto (sword) just like a shinigami but their release is different from a shinigami. Despite their more human appearance they still have a hole in their body just like all hollows, but the location of the hole varies among the arrancar.

Gjallarhorn
03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Also, it should be noted that Arrancar themselves are not technically Hollows. They are a cross-breed of Hollow powers and Shinigami powers, weighted more heavily to the Hollow side, which is opposite of the Vaizard, which is a Shinigami-Hollow combination leaning more heavily toward Shinigami (Ichigo is a Vaizard).

The actual variations of Hollows are as follows:

Group 1:
Hollow, which is the weak Hollows that Ichigo fought in the beginning.

Group 2:
Menos, which falls into three categories:

Gillian (Menos Grande) - Big and dumb...like the one Ichigo fought with Ishida.
Ajuukaru - More intelligent and smaller than Gillians, but not many exist.
Vastoorodes - The strongest and most human types.

The Arrancar are converted from Hollows into Arrancar using the Hogyoku, meaning that there are different levels of Arrancar strength based on what Hollow type they were transformed from. It was said that 10 Vastoorode-based Arrancar could destroy all of Soul Society.
In addition, Aizen has titled the strongest of the Arrancar into a group called Espada. Grimmjow, Espada Sexta (6th Espada) is believed to have been a Ajuukaru. Ulquiorra, Espada Duos (2nd Espada) is believe to have been a Vastoorode, as his mask closely resembles the mask worn by the Vastoorode silhouette earlier in the series.

Hitsugaya389
03-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Also, it should be noted that Arrancar themselves are not technically Hollows. They are a cross-breed of Hollow powers and Shinigami powers, weighted more heavily to the Hollow side, which is opposite of the Vaizard, which is a Shinigami-Hollow combination leaning more heavily toward Shinigami (Ichigo is a Vaizard).

The actual variations of Hollows are as follows:

Group 1:
Hollow, which is the weak Hollows that Ichigo fought in the beginning.

Group 2:
Menos, which falls into three categories:

Gillian (Menos Grande) - Big and dumb...like the one Ichigo fought with Ishida.
Ajuukaru - More intelligent and smaller than Gillians, but not many exist.
Vastoorodes - The strongest and most human types.

The Arrancar are converted from Hollows into Arrancar using the Hogyoku, meaning that there are different levels of Arrancar strength based on what Hollow type they were transformed from. It was said that 10 Vastoorode-based Arrancar could destroy all of Soul Society.
In addition, Aizen has titled the strongest of the Arrancar into a group called Espada. Grimmjow, Espada Sexta (6th Espada) is believed to have been a Ajuukaru. Ulquiorra, Espada Duos (2nd Espada) is believe to have been a Vastoorode, as his mask closely resembles the mask worn by the Vastoorode silhouette earlier in the series.

Well Technicly, That is it. Perfect explination Xero XIII! Also, the orb was made by-"The Shop Keeper" and it was kept inside, lets say "The Girl"