PDA

View Full Version : Fable freakin' 2

Buruku
03-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I would think this is a must-buy for 360 owners, you can get chicks pregnant! I'd buy it for that reason alone.

I actually don't know much about this game, but I know you can play as a male or female, you can have kids, and theres a ton more character customization. You can also have a dog, an idea that I love, and from what I've seen a lot of work went into it.

After watching quite a few videos on the game, the main goal seems to be that Fable 2 is suppose to be an action RPG with more sentimental attachments then any other game has had, they want you to really care about what you do in the game and your character.

I'm not sure when the game comes out, but I've seen the date Oct. 07. Maybe I made this thread too early...but there doesn't seem much to talk about....

Anyway use this thread to talk about the game, or add new info you've heard about it. I'm pretty excited about it.

Regex
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
After how disappointing the first one was, I'm certainly not at all excited for this one.

And pregnancy? That's one thing that I don't care to know about gamers doing. Fapping to their games.

Buruku
03-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I enjoyed the first one, but after playing it for awhile it became obvious that the game wasn't as deep as they made it out to be, so it got old quick, hopefully that won't be the case with this one.

I thought the pregnancy idea was funny, it never crossed my mind as fap material.

masterm
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
fabel was great...until oblivion came out then it became boring but i will definatly get fable 2

(_YvOnSo_)
03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I always LOVED that game the first time i beat it it took me about a week to finish and when Fable the Lost Chapters was out i was like "FREAKIN RIGHT" but when i got that game, i beat it in a day well mostly because i knew where to go im not saying its short im just saying they needed it to be a little longer than this

Ps: Fable ROCKS!!!!

-Batman-
03-12-2007, 10:35 PM
I loved the first fable. I wasan't disapointed with anything but the length and the speed of aging. Masali and I are both huge fable fans, so whenever either of us hear something new about it, we share.

-You can choose between protected and unprotected sex.

-Cutscenes are being cut out of the game, so events in the game will play out like in oblivion (At least...I don't THINK their were any cutscenes in oblivion)

-As Hatake said, You can play as either a male or female character.

-Your character starts off as a child like the last game, but this time you're a street urchin (Probably an orphen)

-As Hatake said earily, more character customization abilities. It was also stated that characters will have a more "realistic" look, as will mana of the items and equipment in the game. (Hopefully Katana's will LOOK like Katana's)

-EVERYONE around you is supposed to age, not just you (I disliked being 40 years older than my big sister)

-You have direct influence on villages. If you choose to destroy a small settlement, the next time you come back it will just be empty space, or you can choose to leave it be and let it flourish, OR you can actually fund the settlement and help them progress faster.

-You can have children in this game, and your childrens behaviour will emulate the way you behave (Like father like son kind of thing)

-As hatake said, You can get a dog (They seem to feel strongly about this, as it's 2 of the few concept art we have)

-Your family is actually an important part of the game. In the first fable, you married one woman in every town, and paid them visits from time to time. You would kiss them, and then they would give you a present. This time, if you choose to have a family, you actually need to be involved with them.

-Owning property is more expansive.

-The world map is supposed to be double the size of the last Fable (if this includeds the new areas in the lost chapters, I have no idea).

-I heard RUMORS that you can get a castle.

I have no idea what they will and will not put in, I won't get to set on anything. But I like a lot of the ideas they've put up.

I just hope being "evil" doesn't sprout retarded horn's from your head.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't know. When they developed Fable, a humongous list of features was included. Almost none of them made it into the game. I've never really liked any of Peter Molyneux's games. Fable was decent, but not near as great as people made it out to be.

-Batman-
03-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't know. When they developed Fable, a humongous list of features was included. Almost none of them made it into the game. I've never really liked any of Peter Molyneux's games. Fable was decent, but not near as great as people made it out to be.

I had watched a press conference just now (I've been busy with warcraft lately, I missed it completly). Molyneux actually said he wasan't going to promise anything, and that he wasan't ALLOWED to promise anything because of what happend with the original Fable.

Anyway, after watching the little conference.

The dog is actually an important part of the game.
It's completly morphable, and it will follow you wherever you go. But i don't feel like typing things, so here we have a link so you can all just watch it. It's a half an hour demo.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/741/741361/vids_1.html

Buruku
03-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks -Deadpool-, that saved me a lot of web browsing time.

I did watch the video on the dog before (like three of them o.0) and yeah they seemed really gung-ho about it, (almost strangely so) the dog's A.I is suppose to be great.

I think Fable served as an awesome starting game for a new series. The game already had a lot of things going for it, and with a sequel expanding on those ideas and making it more customizable I'm sure it'll turn out fine, if not great.

-Batman-
03-13-2007, 01:22 AM
If it's ANYTHING like the transition between Black and White, and Black and White 2, I'll be satisfied.

Then again, Since I enjoyed the first game, I doubt the second will disapoint at all.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-13-2007, 07:37 AM
The first Fable was good for the short time that it lasted (Like, 8 hours.). Although I'm still hooked on Oblivion, I might give this one a good rent before I just buy it off the shelf.

GoreDude
03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Fable 2 will rock it is one of my favorite game series

Wolfwood
03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
very curious bout this ^^ playing Fable on computer is fun, so i hope this one will go to computer aswell. (even gears of war is said to be going to computer now, so its possible i guess O_o)
mostly i've just heard about having a dog (something bout throwing a ball off a cliff and him chasing it... i'm gonna try that ^^; )
the pregnant thing, and also the ability to buy "everything" in the game. so i guess you could own the world?

must have more details ^^

-Batman-
03-13-2007, 12:42 PM
(something bout throwing a ball off a cliff and him chasing it... i'm gonna try that ^^; )

That was a problem they had. But one of the three laws they've programmed into the dog was that it will protect it's own well being. So throwing the ball of a cliff will no longer equal dog pizza.
One thing I like is that the dog just kinda...Does everything on it's own. You really don't even have to pay attention to it if you don't want to. All you have to do is "Play the game". The dog will do everything it HAS to do on it's own.

the pregnant thing,and also the ability to buy "everything" in the game. so i guess you could own the world?

Apparantly, Peter Molyneux wants you to feel loved in the game (Hence the dog), so starting a family (i suppose) emulate that feeling of unconditional love. Having a child is supposed to be involved and such in the game, and there are apparantly missions you can have with your children.

masterm
03-13-2007, 04:41 PM
deadpool yah oblivion had cutscenes remember the opening i think that was a cutscene

-Batman-
03-13-2007, 06:00 PM
deadpool yah oblivion had cutscenes remember the opening i think that was a cutscene

Let me rephrase that.

There won't be any IN GAME cutscenes.

masterm
03-15-2007, 09:19 PM
after martins killed theres one also