PDA

View Full Version : Multiples of the same game

氷の動物
03-06-2007, 04:57 AM
I was wondering if you guys have games were you own multiple copies of the same game, either on the same system or ports of the same game across multiple systems.

Right now the game that I own the most copies of is Final Fantasy VI. I own Final Fantasy III (US SNES), Final Fantasy Anthologies version of VI (PS1), Final Fantasy VI Advance, and a ROM of Final Fantasy VI (JP SNES).

As far as other games I also own Final Fantasy Origins (PS1) which include FF I and FF II, as well as Final Fantasy I and II Dawn of Souls (GBA). And I also own Final Fantasy V (JP SNES) the actual cartridge and Final Fantasy Anthologies version of V (PS1). Another one is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past which I own the SNES version of as well as the GBA port.

I also own a couple copies of games which ended up with scratches which make them play irregularly: I own 2 copies of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Kingdom Hearts.

So what games do you own multiple copies of?

Khanxay
03-06-2007, 09:37 AM
6 copies of Star Ocean The Second Story (3 Unopened..OH Yeah!)
3 Legend of Mana
2 Legend of Legaia

4 Starcraft Broodwar CDs but only 3 Starcraft CDs...how'd that happen? o_O;;

2 The Sims 2 CDs for pc, one on GBA, one on DS
Both Resident Evil 4's
Halo on Xbox and PC
UTClassic on PS2 and PC

Umm...that's all I can remember for now.

Anime is poison
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I own 3 Vice City games, but thats only because the other ones started freezing after awhile and it would piss me off a lil bit. Plus they only cost like 8 bucks now, so its all good.

elfenstein
03-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I probably own 5 or 6 copies of "Baldur's Gate". I bought a german version, then shortly after the english one and then got the rest packed with various hardware purchases. :p

Ωmega
03-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64 DS

Diddy Kong Racing (64)
Diddy Kong Racing DS

Fatal Frame 2 (Xbox)
Fatal Frame 2 (PS2)

Phantasy Star Online (Game Cube)
Phantasy Star Online (Xbox)

Guilty Gear (Xbox)
Guilty Gear DS

Doom 3 (PC)
Doom 3 (Xbox)

Silent Hill 3 (PC)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)

Annnnd, I think thats it

氷の動物
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64 DS

Re: I forgot I own those two as well.

Also I forogt I own:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (XBOX360)

Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter (PC)
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter (XBOX360)
Although strangely enough the two versions of GRAW aren't the exact same game.

Halo (XBOX)
Halo (PC)

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
The Legend of Zelda (GBA NES Classic port)

Also if you count the versions of pokemon (set in the same world) as being the same (which they basically are) then I own:

Pokemon Red (GB)
Pokemon Yellow (GB)
Pokemon Yellow (JP GB)
Pokemon Green (JP GB)

I was so into Pokemon back in middle school, lol.

Buruku
03-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Whats the point of owning multiple copies of a game? (Unless, you re-baught one because it plays better on a different system.) Waste of money in my opinion.

shinobi dog
03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I have 5 of the same.

Khanxay
03-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Whats the point of owning multiple copies of a game? (Unless, you re-baught one because it plays better on a different system.) Waste of money in my opinion.

They're collectables. With limited editions and everything.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, with the exception of Deus Ex, I acquired all my duplicates by buying collections (either physical collections or anthologies) that included games I already own. Deus EX was because it ran badly on my PC.

Super Mario / Duck Hunt x 2 for NES

Kirby's Adventure x2 for NES

Deus Ex for PC and PS2

Colonization and Conquer the World collection (Includes Colonization) for PC

Genesis Collection and Sonic Mega Collection Plus (A few games repeat) for PS2

FFIII (i.e. VI) for SNES and Final Fantasy Anthology for PS2

MUSION
03-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I have Star Wars Battlefront on both PS2 and PC (only coz it came with the Star Wars: Best of PC Collection though).

Madel5566
03-18-2007, 09:49 AM
FF 7 on Playstation and PC.
The sims 2 on the gameboy advance and PC

I can't remember the others though >.<

Storm Strife
03-18-2007, 12:37 PM
2 copies of FFVII for PS, due to disk 1 in one copy being scratched beyond use.

2 copies of Morrowind for PC (One is a PC Gamer Presents disk, the other is the GOTY edition, which I bought because it was cheaper to get the game again along with the two expansions than to buy both expansions individually)

The Blue Baron
03-18-2007, 08:59 PM
i dont and would rather not want to..