PDA

View Full Version : Backseat driving.... arg

Buruku
02-28-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't know about you but I hate it when I have people telling me what to do when I'm playing, my brother was thee worse at it, he'd often constantly tell me obvious things like I couldn't figure it out for myself.

I don't backseat drive people when they play, I'll help if its obvious they don't have a clue, but otherwise I let them deal with figuring something out. Also I don't like spoon feeding someone what to do in a game, my brother would do that a lot too, just ask me what to do instead of spending 5 minutes on it.

So are you a backseat driver? Do you like it when people tell you what to do when you play?

The Blue Baron
02-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Not all the time like when i play gears of war online my brother will walk in tell me/give me tips on what i should do and i like that i never had a "backseat driver", and never will because im one of the best in my family...although its annoying when people try and talk during an onlne match....

Tsuna Kadiri
02-28-2007, 07:25 PM
If I really know the game and how it works, then I'm totally annoying when there's someone new playing it and I'm stuck watching. I'm probably one of the last people you'd want sitting next to you while you play something.

As far as people telling me what to do while I'm playing, I don't mind that much. Unless they're like.. insulting my intelligence by doing it, then I'll tune them out.

~kloud~
02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
well i hate people that reck games becouse they tell yuo what happens next, but i am gillty of telling people what to do when the ceep trying to do something and they get it rong for hours on end, also i hate people that ceep asking what will happen next in a game?

Khanxay
02-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't just watch people play, ever. I "have" do something while I'm watching. If that means giving tips then so be it. But I don't do that "Turn left! Don't go there!" I like to surprise them..."woops, should have warned you about that that hallway."

Now, if I'm playing double dash with my cousin, I will tell him what to do. He can't drive in that game... especially when we team up.

-Batman-
02-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I tend to backseat drive sometimes...But it's justified.

Example, when my younger cousin sometimes comes over, he'll ask to play grand theft auto. Fine, I allow it. Now, if he actually DID something, I wouldn't mind...But all he tends to do is drive around the same 3-4 city blocks over and over and over and over, in diffrent cars. It's BORING to watch, and a waste of both of our time.

Also, I tend to boss people around if i'm on a team with them during a game i'm good at. Halo for example, I refuse to lose, ever. As a matter of fact, between Halo 1 and 2, I can only recall 2 occasions where i've lost a match. So if i'm on a team with someone, I tend to get irritated if they can't keep up with me. And to prevent myself from losing, I have to practically babysit them.

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I absolutely hate it when people tell me what to do when I want to figure it out myself. That completely ruins the game, and really defeats the purpose of playing. Games are supposed to be challenging (For the most part), and having someone guide you through it word through word is just annoying.

On that note, I do not "backseat drive", unless someone asks me for some kind of advice.

The Governator
03-03-2007, 12:41 AM
I can't stand backseat drivers, if I'm on a game, want people to just ignore me, seriously, I came so close to beating up a mate for backseat driving.

bakakame
03-03-2007, 01:45 AM
The few times I actually watch other people play games, I'm guilty of this. Oh, and I'm never sorry for it.

It's just so frustrating sitting back and watching someone make a complete moron of themselves as they fail to accomplish the most simple of tasks in a game. Sometimes it's understandable, little kids are too stupid to play games, but when I see someone like a peer doing it.... ugh, I'm even guilty of trying to coach people over XBL. I'm supprised noone's docked me rep for it yet.

fire_fox
03-03-2007, 01:59 AM
i know i hate that my mom does that all the time it like she needs to be silent for one

Light Buster
03-06-2007, 12:11 AM
sometimes it can be good. sometimes it can be bad.