PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

Eris
02-28-2007, 10:44 AM
About a month 'til it's released... Played the demo? It made me all nostalgic. It's like it's 1995 all over again.

bttr
02-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Ohh I can't wait for it.

Itachi22
02-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Command & Conquer games where always my favorite games (except Renegade not the i don't like shooters but Command & Conquer can't make good shooters)
so i can't wait for it.

wizz-o-matic
02-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm getting the demo now ... geez ... it's a HUGE demo o_o;; ... 1.17GB x_x;

Eris
02-28-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm getting the demo now ... geez ... it's a HUGE demo o_o;; ... 1.17B x_x;

Hehe, it's about as big as the entire Tiberian Sun-game (2 CDs ought to be just about that)

wizz-o-matic
02-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Looks like my laptop isn't good enough for it o_o; ... Will have to wait for my home comp ;_;

Light Buster
03-02-2007, 12:20 AM
1995 with a new army that is...

Regex
03-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, it didn't strike me as all that different from the previous games. All in all, I just don't think it's worth it, especially considering how mediocre the Command & Conquer series has been compared to Starcraft, which is in desperate need of a sequel.

Eris
03-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Yeah, it didn't strike me as all that different from the previous games. All in all, I just don't think it's worth it, especially considering how mediocre the Command & Conquer series has been compared to Starcraft, which is in desperate need of a sequel.

Keep in mind that C&C predates starcraft by a couple of years. I think they figured they needed to stay "pure" to their origins. Have you played the CnC3-demo? Atleast interface-wise, they've gotten a lot closer to the starcraft/warcraft style of gameplay.

The Governator
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Unless I can find a game magazine with the demo, I cant play it, I'm only running a 256 internet connection so it would take too long to download, so, I'm just gonna wait for the game.

I've waited for so long to find out what happen to GDI and Nod and now the Scrin have come to earth! Man, I just can't wait to command hordes of Nod Scorpian Tanks, and of course, the Avatar Warmech.

Eris
03-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Unless I can find a game magazine with the demo, I cant play it, I'm only running a 256 internet connection so it would take too long to download, so, I'm just gonna wait for the game.

I've waited for so long to find out what happen to GDI and Nod and now the Scrin have come to earth! Man, I just can't wait to command hordes of Nod Scorpian Tanks, and of course, the Avatar Warmech.

I don't know if they had it in Generals, but one thing I really liked was that you command squadrons of infantry. You don't just order one guy around any more (that was sort of silly), but 6 of them. Naturally, some of them you still order around one and one like commandos and that sort of thing, but most infantry you order around in squads.

The Governator
03-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't know if they had it in Generals, but one thing I really liked was that you command squadrons of infantry. You don't just order one guy around any more (that was sort of silly), but 6 of them. Naturally, some of them you still order around one and one like commandos and that sort of thing, but most infantry you order around in squads.

No, they didn't, it was still one guy, and yeah, I prefer squad-based troops, means my army can be bigger and made quicker, oh Eris, I need to ask, does GDI have a unit to counter the Nod Avatar? or are they pretty screwed when Nod start to build em?

Eris
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
No, they didn't, it was still one guy, and yeah, I prefer squad-based troops, means my army can be bigger and made quicker, oh Eris, I need to ask, does GDI have a unit to counter the Nod Avatar? or are they pretty screwed when Nod start to build em?

They have the Mammoth tank. It's ridiculously powerful. Also, I think some GDI unit has the ability to topple over walkers.

The Governator
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
They have the Mammoth tank. It's ridiculously powerful. Also, I think some GDI unit has the ability to topple over walkers.

Ah, so the mammoth is over powerful, and that unique ability sounds pretty cool.

Eris
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Ah, so the mammoth is over powerful, and that unique ability sounds pretty cool.

It gets even better. You can upgrade them so they get railguns instead of cannons. Then they really sweep the floor with the enemy.

The Governator
03-02-2007, 04:56 PM
It gets even better. You can upgrade them so they get railguns instead of cannons. Then they really sweep the floor with the enemy.

Oh lol, I allready knew about the mammys lil seceret weapon, but I must saw the pitbull looks pretty nasty.

Eris
03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh lol, I allready knew about the mammys lil seceret weapon, but I must saw the pitbull looks pretty nasty.

I really didn't think much of the pitbulls, though, I probably wasn't using them properly.

A nice touch is that, like in some earlier games (Generals, RA2?), urban warfare is made more realistic through barricading buildings (which is nice, especially since you can have snipers) and some units (flame tanks etc.) can clear occupied buildings.

The Governator
03-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I do like that in Gens, using a Toxin Tractor or Dragon Tank to clear a building, makes it so much easier to take over a urban area, and that is nice to hear that its tin TibWar too.

Eris
03-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Well, I do like that in Gens, using a Toxin Tractor or Dragon Tank to clear a building, makes it so much easier to take over a urban area, and that is nice to hear that its tin TibWar too.

GDI has this unit, which is basically an array of huge cannons on legs, which can bombard buildings from a considerable distance. That could probably also come in handy.

The Governator
03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
oooooooo! yeah, The Juggernaut has made a return from Tiberian Sun