PDA

View Full Version : The name of a movie

cdivona
02-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Hello - I'm seeking some help.

I don't know anything about anime, nor do I know much about forums, but I do have a question that perhaps someone may help me with.

On December 31, 2005, my girlfriend and I rented some movies at the local Hollywood Video store. One of the movies that we rented was an Anime movie that the guys behind the counter were raving about. They said it was great, so we rented it. It was pretty cool.

The problem is that I don't remember the name of it, nor do I really remember the story. I do remember, though, that it involved space travel. I think the girlfriend left Earth and traveled into space. Her boyfriend stayed on Earth, and they would still communicate via text messages of some sort. Of course, the farther she went into space, the longer it took for their text messages to get to one another.

Does anyone have any idea what this anime movie is??

Thank you for your time,
Christopher Divona
cdivona@iwon.com

jep'ray
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
grr damnit i know this one...something distant star...voices across..i'll have to go look it up at the local store, i know exactly where it is on the rack but the name evades me...grrr no im annoyed, i know the answer but i dont...give me a few days unless someoneless comes up with it...

HAH! got it.
"Voices of a Distant Star" they keep in touch with their cellphones...i wish my signal was that good...

cdivona
02-27-2007, 11:10 PM
I think that's it!! I just checked on wikipedia.com. Thank you so much! That was driving me crazy! I'll have to go rent that again!

jep'ray
02-27-2007, 11:12 PM
np, welcome to the world of anime, theres more good ones out there

Ollie
03-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Hooray! I'm glad your question was answered, I felt bad that I was e-mailed about this and couldn't be of any help.

Anyway... Enjoy your movie. Locking now!