PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Strongest Shinigami Captains?

WhatIsAUserName
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
The only solid piece of information I have is that Yamamoto, the general, is considered the strongest, but besides that, I don't have much information.

I'm guessing Unohana is one of the weaker ones, due to the fact she runs the medical division.

So, any of you care to input your opinions?

DuckyInMyTrucky
02-27-2007, 07:35 AM
Zaraki Kenpachi is one of the strongest I've seen so far. He doesn't even have a release yet and can take on two Captains.:ninja: Like when he took on Sajin and Tousen and owned Tousen basicly

Spectre
02-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Uh....somewhere I heard that these are the strongest:
5.)Ikkaku Madarame
4.)Renji Abari
3.)Kenpachi Zaraki
2.)Maryuri Kurotshuchi
1.)Byakuya Kuchiki......but I dunno for sure...

Gjallarhorn
02-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Uh....somewhere I heard that these are the strongest:
5.)Ikkaku Madarame
4.)Renji Abari
3.)Kenpachi Zaraki
2.)Maryuri Kurotshuchi
1.)Byakuya Kuchiki......but I dunno for sure...

The last two aren't even Captain.

I'd say that Yamamoto is the strongest, considering he is the leader of the Captains. Not to mention that two Captains going against him were worried that they would lose, and one of the Captains who tried fighting him, Ukitate, was about to stop Byakuya from killing Ichigo & Co. on the bridge to the Tower. After that, I would say Byakuya, and probably Ukitate being just about as strong as Byakuya, although he has yet to show is abilities he just gives off that type of feeling. Next would be Kenpachi. Although he is tremendously strong, I doubt he could beat Byakuya's ShiKai or BanKai.

Spectre
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
True...I screwed up Ikkaku is 3rd seat...and Renji is a assistant captain....my bad...

Mugetsu
02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
AIZEN!!!!!!

Oh but he doesn't count because technically I dont think hes a captain anymore.

Ichimaru Gin is...darn. Also no longer a captain.

Kaname Tousen....oh, wait. Not a captain anymore either. (And that "loss" to Zaraki proves NOTHING)

I would go with Yamamoto. His reiatsu alone is enough to paralyze a vice captain and as was mentioned he had 2 captains almost peeing their pants.

I woouldn't say that Unohana is one of the weaker ones just because she heads the medical division. For all we know she could be ridiculously strong. Just because fighting may not be your first choice doesn't mean your not good at it.

DuckyInMyTrucky
02-27-2007, 04:06 PM
(And that "loss" to Zaraki proves NOTHING)

They need a round 2 to settle things. :p

The Blue Baron
02-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Renji...

Mugetsu
02-27-2007, 04:16 PM
They need a round 2 to settle things. :p

Darn right. Last time Tousen underestimated him. Plus it seems that Tousen is now worlds stronger than he was. One more time, the blind warrior against the one eyed berserker.

(Even though Zaraki actually has both of his eyes...but thats not the point)

Fragile.Dreams
03-02-2007, 01:44 AM
I think Byakuya Kuchiki and Ukitake, plus Yamamoto are the strongest.
:)

CursedMoon
03-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Zaraki Kenpachi - Think about it! Ichigo slices him his heart's content and is still alive! (well... Bleach IS an anime where no one dies... I mean... good guys...) And of course Yamamoto (that steel Santa Claus of Seireitei)

kyubichan
03-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I say Yamamoto since he has both the power AND the wisdom to wield that power. And he did mention that his zanpakuto is the most powerful fire-type zanpakuto there is.

With the potential to be stronger that him are:
Zaraki - If only he knew his zanpakuto's name.
Hitsugaya - Possibly "the reincarnation of a god". He's too young to wield his zanpakuto's full potential, only time will tell.
Aizen - His zanpakuto wasn't "strong" per se, but its ability was awesome. And he used his brains to bring out its full potential.
Unohana - Also, not "strong" battle-wise, but her zanpakuto is definitely unique and a formidable ally.

Questionable:
Byakuya - I like him but... it seems he's reached his limit. I hope his power still "grows" :(
Tousen - The zanpakuto he's using isn't even his own.
Ukitake - He's sick. Despite the power that his zanpakuto may have, he can't use it properly in his current condition.

Gjallarhorn
03-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Renji...

Renji isn't a Captain, he's a Vice-Captain. Strong though he may be, I don't think he could handle most of the Captains anyway.

jRinoA
03-03-2007, 04:20 PM
I really think that Rukia's brother is the strongest of Captains! (And the most good-looking too! :P) I mean, he's just too powerful! I can't forget how he first defeated Ichigo....He was so fast! O_O

xx_anime_luver_xx
03-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I say Aizen because no one could stop him and Ichigo lost to him and so did most captains...

Hitsugaya389
03-03-2007, 09:17 PM
def Hitsu, Byakuya, Gin, Aizen, Ukitake

Fionn Mac
03-15-2007, 07:50 PM
By default one would think the oldest and highest ranking would be the strongest, so Yamamoto is my pick. Then probably Aizen for his mastery of his skills.
Ukitake and Shunsui Kyoraku would be tough to handle as well, seeing as Yamamoto trained them and I think they are the next oldest of the Captains.

emrys
03-16-2007, 08:20 AM
that cat lady is strong ... i know she is not a captain now but she was and she is strong even witout a blade;) but the strongest right now byst be rukias sister... not counting the general... ant zaraki beating tousen proves everyting! HAH! he is 1337

Madel5566
03-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Strongest? In which aspect. Because I think it's unfair for Unohana just because her specialty is healing. Strongest in the aspect of mind, fighting or what?

For fighting, I think it's yamamoto *duh*. He's the first division captain, and is by far the most experience one. Second would be Aizen then Zaraki.

For mind, I think it's Unohana and Yamamoto. Unohana because even it'sfor a while, she noticed Aizen's 'body' is a fake one. Yamamoto because of the planning on fighting.

FeyLine
03-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Strongest? Yamamoto since he's the Captain -Commander and teh First DV Captain.

Mashkov
03-20-2007, 03:00 PM
1. Yamamoto
2. If you still consider him as a captain, I'd say Aizen.
3. Ukitake and Kyoraku.
4. Byakuya
5. Zaraki

Hmm.. something like that I think.

Tsukasa-san
03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I think Kuchiki Byakuya and Toshiro Hitsugaya,and Yamamoto
also Urahara Kisuke(former captain)

Moraena
04-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Yamamoto
Ukitake & Kyoraku

Techically they're no longer captains but...
URAHARA
Yoruichi
Aizen (lame)

~emo~freak~
04-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Yamamoto is the strongest.
Hitsugaya Tourshirou 10th captain is really known because he shows up the most and he is very powerful
Aizen if you can still count him...
and Gin the very 1st captain we saw
:ninja:

Antares
04-08-2007, 12:08 AM
- Yamamoto (like, duh!)
- Shunsui and Ukitake (althou, Ukitake is sick and maybe not that strong anymore)
- Byakuya
- Zaraki
I think that Hitsugaya is strong too, but still needs some time to be among the strongest.

maome
05-23-2007, 05:35 PM
i think zaraki and byakuya are the strongest ones

monz8328
05-23-2007, 10:26 PM
1.Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigekuni_Yamamoto-Genry%C5%ABsai) sotaicho 1st division
2.Shunsui Kyōraku (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunsui_Ky%C5%8Draku) 8th division although 2 and 3 could be swapped
3.Jūshirō Ukitake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C5%ABshir%C5%8D_Ukitake) 13th division
4.Byakuya Kuchiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byakuya_Kuchiki) 6th division
5.Mayuri Kurotsuchi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayuri_Kurotsuchi) 12th division
6.Kenpachi Zaraki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenpachi_Zaraki) 11th division
7.Sajin Komamura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sajin_Komamura) 7th division
8.Tōshirō Hitsugaya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%8Dshir%C5%8D_Hitsugaya) 10th division
9.Soifon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soifon) 2nd division
10.Retsu Unohana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retsu_Unohana) 4th division

this is based on experience and skill not reiatsu or being just plain crazy(Kenpachi) lol:D

bug
05-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Shigekuni is defenatly the strongest. The next in line would probably have to be either Kenpachi Zaraki or Byakuya Kuchiki. Byakuya has a lot of skill, but Kenpachi is crazy and I don't think those flower peddles are going to do much to him.

Insurgo
05-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I consider Byakuya the strongest right now. As for Aizen, he became a 'God' so he is no longer a captain anymore.

.Lovebeat
05-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Yamamoto is the strongest, since he's in the 1st division and the leader as well, but if I don't think about him... then I'd say Kenpachi is the strongest.
He doesn't even have a bankai and his reiatsu is awesome as it is already.

I'd say Aizen too, but since he's not a captain anymore... :3

dymondedge
05-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Obviously, Yamamoto since he is the man, but other than him, I would say Kuchiki Byakuya.

His very impressive list of abilities such as kidou, shumpo and of course the Senbonzakura are instant win. From the very first moment we got to see him in manga and anime the first thing I thought about him was: SUPERIOR.

His skills are undeniably above average. Never looses his cool and is capable of fighting anyone without breaking much sweat, but he will only show as much as needed to in order to win.
Even though it's a filler and most people don't consider those as part of storyline at all, I think that this quote from Kariya Jin descrpbes him very well:

"That's Kuchiki Byakuya for you. You are even greater than the rumors claim."

kwnbintang
05-30-2007, 12:02 PM
byakuya and yamamoto i guess

Wednesday
06-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Yamamoto , Byakuya and Zaraki are the strongest Shinigami, but personally I think Ichigo could trump them all if her were Shinigami. Ichigos father is even stronger than Ichigo so.. if he were still Shinigami then well.. he'd be my fav choice.

sakushi12
06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!

1. Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai (1st Division)
2. Jūshirō Ukitake (13th Division)
3. Shunsui Kyōraku (8th Division)
4. Sōsuke Aizen (5th Division)
5. Byakuya Kuchiki (6th Division)
6. Kenpachi Zaraki (11th Division)
7. Gin Ichimaru (3rd Division)
8. Kaname Tōsen (9th Division)
9. Tōshirō Hitsugaya (10th Division)
10. Sajin Komamura (7th Division)
11. Mayuri Kurotsuchi (12th Division)
12. Soifon (2nd Division)
13. Retsu Unohana (4th Division)